St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven Or Hell, Duel 1! Let's Rock!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 31 32 33
By fonewear 2014-08-15 08:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about it now on CNN. Going to reveal the officer who shot this guy.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2014-08-15 08:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Guy that did it is named Darren Wilson.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-15 09:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
fonewear said: »
Talking about it now on CNN. Going to reveal the officer who shot this guy.
Good. How much does anyone wanna bet the cop's both crooked and a Kard Karrying member in good standing of the Klan? Seeing as how the Ferguson police chief's a racist, and probably a Grand Dragon, it wouldn't surprise me if the rest of the lot were as well.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-15 09:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

When they released the name of the officer this was my reaction:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2014-08-15 10:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Darren wilson, a 6 year veteran with no prior incidents, and the kid was a suspect in a strong arm robbery,

Im on the Policemans side on this 1
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-08-15 10:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
Darren wilson, a 6 year veteran with no prior incidents, and the kid was a suspect in a strong arm robbery,

Im on the Policemans side on this 1
I'm not.

Being a suspect for anything does not deserve being executed in the street.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-15 10:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on CNN ratings side.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2014-08-15 10:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it seems to me I can either believe the Police Officer or the 18 year old Kid believed to be part of a robbery.

Honestly I don't really care, This is just another story by the Media to divide the country in two.

Not to make a Joker Meme joke her, but....

18 year old black kid on the street kills another 18 year old black kid on the street, no 1 really does much, because it happens so often that its just accepted as something that happens normally in today's society.

BUT, a Police officer kills a 18 year old Black kid everyone looses their minds!

Seriously, where are all these protesters when Innocent people get killed by Drug dealers or w/e?
By Artemicion 2014-08-15 10:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it seems to me I can either believe the Police Officer or the 18 year old Kid believed to be part of a robbery.

Honestly I don't really care, This is just another story by the Media to divide the country in two.

18 year old black kid on the street kills another 18 year old black kid on the street, no 1 really does much, because it happens so often that its just accepted as something that happens normally in today's society.

BUT, a Police officer kills a 18 year old Black kid everyone looses their minds!

Seriously, where are all these protesters when Innocent people get killed by Drug dealers or w/e?

It's one thing when *** kill ***.

But it's a whole different can of worms when trained police officers, essentially paragons of our justice system that hold a purpose to provide and protect citizens end up killing an unarmed kid; prior history and suspect labels are irrelevant if he was killed while unarmed. There's no excuse for that at all.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-15 10:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Authorities named Darren Wilson as the police officer who killed an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri last weekend, saying the officer had a good record and the incident came in the aftermath of a robbery in which the teen was a suspect.

Wilson, who shot and killed 18-year-old Michael Brown on Saturday afternoon outside an apartment complex, had served six years on the force and had a good record, Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson said at a news conference Friday.

Jackson said there had been a report of a robbery of cigars in a convenience store in the area a few minutes before Wilson encountered Brown walking down the street near an apartment complex. The robbery suspect had been described as a black male wearing a white T-shirt, according to police records Jackson released Friday.

The deadly interaction was swift: Jackson said Wilson encountered Brown at 12:01 p.m. and had shot him by 12:04 p.m.

About two dozen residents gathered at the news briefing by Jackson, and some were outraged that police suggested Brown was a robbery suspect when he was killed.

"I think it was the right thing to do releasing the officer's name, but for them to say this is an armed robbery makes me think this is a cover up," said Ferguson resident Milton Jackson, 37.
Missouri names officer in shooting of unarmed teen, cites robbery
By Artemicion 2014-08-15 10:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Validation from moderated and outside sources of that so-called citation would be necessary to hold any merit IMO.

Police far too often use their assumed credibility to get them out of any trouble they get themselves in; and I doubt this is any exception.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2014-08-15 10:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Aren't Police officers trained too shoot if they suspect that the person may be carrying a weapon? especially if the police officer has told you to put your hands up where he can see them and you haven't?

Like what if he reached into his pocket and acted like he was going to pull out a weapon or something? not sure if this is actually the case just guessing that cops may have that right?

When A cop tells you to put your hands up, or put your hands where they can see them, you definitely should.

If I was a Cop (thank god I'm not) and I was pulling over someone on the side of the road , and I told them to put their hands on the steering wheel and they didn't, and they started reaching in the glove department or their jacket or w/e, I'm not sure what I would do.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-15 10:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »

It's one thing when *** kill ***.

But it's a whole different can of worms when trained police officers, essentially paragons of our justice system that hold a purpose to provide and protect citizens end up killing an unarmed kid; prior history and suspect labels are irrelevant if he was killed while unarmed. There's no excuse for that at all.
It's not always *** killing ***... it's usually *** killing innocent people... stray bullets flying all over the place...

The thing you are right about is that we should not be afraid of the police. Also there should be an easy way to hold them accountable for their actions.

There doesn't seem to be any reason that this kid was shot... idc if he did go for the officers gun. He had no weapon and at the time it seems like the officer was no longer in danger of losing his weapon.
By camaroz 2014-08-15 10:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly if Michael was holding his hands up and then shot to death, pretty safe to assume he didn't have a weapon
By Artemicion 2014-08-15 10:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Aren't Police officers trained too shoot if they suspect that the person may be carrying a weapon? especially if the police officer has told you to put your hands up where he can see them and you haven't?

I'm no expert on police protocol, but I don't think they're green lit to shoot anybody unless there's an identified, tangible threat to their being. Suspecting someone of holding a weapon simply isn't good enough, which is why you hear old stories where people get shot for carrying obscure objects.

Like what if he reached into his pocket and acted like he was going to pull out a weapon or something? not sure if this is actually the case just guessing that cops may have that right?

If he indeed pulled out a weapon on the cops, then sure. Problem is, the kid was in fact, unarmed.

When A cop tells you to put your hands up, or put your hands where they can see them, you definitely should.

Agreed, but alas, we don't quite know the circumstance behind what happened and why, and taking the cops' word for it simply isn't good enough for me.

If I was a Cop (thank god I'm not) and I was pulling over someone on the side of the road , and I told them to put their hands on the steering wheel and they didn't, and they started reaching in the glove department or their jacket or w/e, I'm not sure what I would do.

I won't lie, cops have very dangerous, high stress jobs that rely often on instinct and decisive action. However, far too often are we seeing cases where they unnecessarily use lethal force for situations where it was not warranted; often ending in the unnecessary death of someone; innocent or not.

That's not to say accidents don't happen, but what is frequently missing in these cases is accountability.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-15 11:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leave out the myriad of ways to deal with that situation, but officers are not trained to shoot if they think someone has a weapon, they are trained to employ less than lethal disarmament tactics including pepper spray and tasers. The use of lethal force should be an absolute last resort only to stop a credible threat to life and limb. Police have been shooting people for disobeying or protecting themselves from overzealous police.

Hopefully this kid's death can serve a purpose in driving citizens and lawmakers to make some serious changes in the way law enforcement is trained and equipped as well as building some accountability into the system.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-08-15 11:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
The robbery suspect had been described as a black male wearing a white T-shirt

I'm surprised the cops were able to narrow that down to just one person.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-15 11:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hearing on the radio that there is footage of the suspect robbing a store minutes before he was shot.

God help you if your name is Darren Wilson today (it's not uncommon) or you have a family member with that name. Rioters will no doubt continue to be animals.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-15 11:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
The robbery suspect had been described as a black male wearing a white T-shirt

I'm surprised the cops were able to narrow that down to just one person.

If you're familiar with an area, it wouldn't be too hard to narrow down a list of suspects, but it seems pretty strange that the person they were hauling in just happened to be a mentally challenged teen with a colorful history. There are a startling amount of challenged people who have been coerced into confessions being found recently.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2014-08-15 11:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm too tired to argue anymore Art, I was just saying that You said there is "No excuse" for a cop to kill someone unarmed , and I'm saying that under a few certain pressure situations there It could be warranted.

I should have just looked at this forum and decided not to say anything, but I did, and Now I've started an argument that I don't want to finish.

There's this Video game called Heavy Rain,(not a huge fan of the game btw) and at 1 point in the game you're a Police officer and you hold up some guy, the guy starts reaching into his pocket , and at that point you have the choice whether to shoot him or wait it out. I chose to shoot him, and after you shoot him ( or don't shoot him) you find out he was just pulling out a bible....

Just saying we don't (and probably never will) know the whole story, and I've decided to take the policeman's side on this story.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-15 11:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saying we don't (and probably never will) know the whole story, and I've decided to take the policeman's side on this story.

Too many people have the attention span of a small bird and quickly bounce from one unresolved issue to the next. There will be a conclusion in this case, you just have to look for it a few months down the media cycle. I'd wager they find that excessive force was used and the officer either loses his job or gets some kind of slap on the wrist. The problem is that you and the millions of people like you who reflexively defend the police are mostly to blame for their overreach.

Police have been given the benefit of the doubt in these kinds of situations for far too long, why should a trained and armed civil servant not be held to a higher standard of accountability than teenager? "We'll never know exactly what happened, so we'll perpetuate the stigma that creates this kind of situation" These kinds of incidents will continue and escalate as long as the citizens in these areas see the same conclusions over and over, a young man is dead for no reason and the police use force and intimidation on objectors and reporters.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-15 11:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Too many people have the attention span of a small bird and quickly bounce from one unresolved issue to the next. There will be a conclusion in this case, you just have to look for it a few months down the media cycle. I'd wager they find that excessive force was used and the officer either loses his job or gets some kind of slap on the wrist. The problem is that you and the millions of people like you who reflexively defend the police are mostly to blame for their overreach.

Police have been given the benefit of the doubt in these kinds of situations for far too long, why should a trained and armed civil servant not be held to a higher standard of accountability than teenager? "We'll never know exactly what happened, so we'll perpetuate the stigma that creates this kind of situation" These kinds of incidents will continue and escalate as long as the citizens in these areas see the same conclusions over and over, a young man is dead for no reason and the police use force and intimidation on objectors and reporters.

I agree, and I should know. I'm one of those who has been doing it. Call this case my own personal "line in the sand" on this issue, though. There is no way of looking at this incident that justifies having shot what is essentially an unarmed child.* Even if he had struggled in the police car and was running away, and even if a firearm was accidentally or purposefully discharged in the police car, he was unarmed and no immediate threat to anyone at the time of shooting.

This is the kind of thing with the potential to turn into an even bigger nationwide movement than it is as the poor and minorities who see themselves or their brothers or children mirrored in this boy lash out at the increasingly militarized and martial police forces of the country.

I don't think the police are entirely to blame. But as I've said before, for there to be any improvement, they're the ones who are going to have to give ground. Otherwise you're looking at a police state that we heavily condemn in other countries around the globe.

*Yes, yes, he was "18" and technically an adult, but let's face it. He hadn't even started college or an adult job, and likely hadn't even faced significant adult-level adversity yet. His judgment and response to pressure is that of a child.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2014-08-15 11:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

With all the problems in this world right now.... a few people that may or may not be innocent being killed by a police officer is a very very very small thing to be worried about.

News media: "Hey guys a unarmed kid was killed by a Police officer! Lets take all the attention away from whats happening In Gaza, Iraq asking us for aid, and North Korea launching Missiles, So we can focus on this, that will take all the attention away from those things that are way way way way way more important".

Sadly it does.....
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-15 11:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

With all the problems in this world right now.... a few people that may or may not be innocent* being killed by a police officer is a very very very small thing to be worried about.

News media: "Hey guys a unarmed kid was killed by a Police officer! Lets take all the attention away from whats happening In Gaza, Iraq asking us for aid, and North Korea launching Missiles, So we can focus on this, that will take all the attention away from those things that are way way way way way more important".

Sadly it does.....

So you suggest we focus on other countries' militaries killing unarmed civilians while we let our own levels of government do the same thing?

*He's clearly guilty of some level of something, but it doesn't matter one whit, because there's ***-all chance of anything of which he was guilty justifying the use of lethal force.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-15 11:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

With all the problems in this world right now.... a few people that may or may not be innocent being killed by a police officer is a very very very small thing to be worried about.

Sadly it does.....

Are you familiar with George Orwell? Might want to enlighten yourself.

I almost pulled a Godwin, Orwell will suffice for this argument.
By fonewear 2014-08-15 11:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it is a government conspiracy to get me to buy AAA batteries.
By Artemicion 2014-08-15 11:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm too tired to argue anymore Art, I was just saying that You said there is "No excuse" for a cop to kill someone unarmed , and I'm saying that under a few certain pressure situations there It could be warranted.

The thing is, killing a person when there's no tangible threat to the officer is never warranted. Period.

It doesn't matter if there's suspicions or are caught in the act of committing a crime, you simply don't blast away someone that is not posing a threat to you or anyone else.

There's this Video game called Heavy Rain,(not a huge fan of the game btw) and at 1 point in the game you're a Police officer and you hold up some guy, the guy starts reaching into his pocket , and at that point you have the choice whether to shoot him or wait it out. I chose to shoot him, and after you shoot him ( or don't shoot him) you find out he was just pulling out a bible....

Allegory aside, this speaks in volumes.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-15 11:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I blame violent video games. I bet the officer was playing GTA V before he shot this kid.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 31 32 33