St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven Or Hell, Duel 1! Let's Rock!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-14 15:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
The level of frustration in the black community is high with regards to police-on-black teen violence. Looting and rioting isn't the answer, though. I don't think there IS an answer. Police abuse of minorities is rooted in deeper societal issues that we're not close to solving.
Tell that to this guy with the American flag on his shirt.

He's throwing back the tear gas canister that was thrown at him.
It's a pretty iconic picture, really.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-14 15:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Do the cops need a reason to wheel out the military gear?

We've got a cat stuck up a tree on Main St, better bring out the flashbangs and APCs.

So, where's the Tea Party response on these blatant overreaches of government? I expect them to lead the charge on this top....hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Right.
Hold on I'll see what the Tea Party has to say.
By fonewear 2014-08-14 15:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This building will self destruct in 3 2 :

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-14 15:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The heavy show of military-like force by police in Ferguson, Mo., is drawing bipartisan criticism from two Kentucky lawmakers.

Sen. Rand Paul, a Republican who has been urging his party to reach out to minorities, wrote in a TIME magazine op-ed Thursday that "there is a legitimate role for the police to keep the peace, but there should be a difference between a police response and a military response."

"The images and scenes we continue to see in Ferguson resemble war more than traditional police action," said the possible 2016 presidential candidate.

The Ferguson police are using military-style vehicles and wearing what appears to be combat gear in response to public protests over the police shooting of Michael Brown, 18, an unarmed black man. Ferguson is a predominantly African American town located north of St. Louis.

A tea-party leader, Paul has been critical of what he considers a large and intrusive federal government, and he blamed what the world is seeing in Ferguson partly on that.
Rand Paul, John Yarmuth criticize Ferguson, MO, police
By fonewear 2014-08-14 15:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-08-14 15:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-14 15:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my God, looting in a riot/protest situation? UNHEARD OF. No group of people would EVER think to capitalize on anger and chaos.

*laugh track*
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-14 15:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm waiting for the media to post a picture of a black officer in uniform during this
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-14 16:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
i'm waiting for the media to post a picture of a black officer in uniform during this

53 officers in ferguson, 2 black, 2 Hispanic, 1 Asian, 2 female, might be waiting a while.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-14 16:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Dude Fone, can you find videos with anymore popups in them? seriously, wtf?

2. 46 white dudes with a gun/badge in an area that's poor and filled with minorities? that can't end well.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-14 16:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, Dizzy's theme song is stuck in my head now. Thanks for the Guilty Gear ref, Chaos.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-14 16:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Welp, Dizzy's theme song is stuck in my head now. Thanks for the Guilty Gear ref, Chaos.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-14 16:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-14 16:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A St. Louis official who has been a prominent presence at the protests in Ferguson, Missouri, was arrested Wednesday night, according to his wife.

Antonio French, an alderman in St. Louis, has been tweeting nonstop about events unfolding in Ferguson after a police officer shot and killed Michael Brown, an unarmed African-American teenager, last Saturday. Members of the city's African-American community have protested the shooting.

French has been critical of the police response to the protests -- which has included officers firing tear gas and wooden bullets at crowds -- telling MSNBC host Chris Hayes recently, "There is no trust between the Ferguson police department and the community at this point."

Late Wednesday night, French's wife tweeted that her husband had been arrested by the Ferguson Police Department:

[See Source]

She then continued to tweet that he was being detained.

The Huffington Post called the Ferguson County Police Department and spoke with an official named "Julie." She would not give her last name, and said she could neither confirm nor deny that French was arrested.

When asked where confirmation could be obtained, Julie replied, "You'll get it on the web, I guess. We're very busy."

About an hour later, French's wife tweeted again that he was now being booked:

[See Source]

KMOX in St. Louis noted that there was a crowd at the police station awaiting his release as well.

News of French's arrest came shortly after two reporters, Ryan Reilly of The Huffington Post and Wesley Lowery of The Washington Post, were assaulted and arrested after SWAT officers clearing a McDonald's ordered them to leave the restaurant and then said they did not do so quickly enough.

"They essentially acted as a military force. It was incredible," Reilly said in an MSNBC interview after his release. "The worst part was he slammed my head against the glass purposefully on the way out of McDonald's and then sarcastically apologized for it."
St. Louis Politician Arrested Amid Ferguson Protests

Antonio French:

Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-14 16:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well they gassed the state senator last night, so, anything goes for these guys I guess.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kathee
user: Brei
By Lakshmi.Kathee 2014-08-14 16:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So, the governor has put the Missouri State Hwy Patrol in charge of securing Ferguson.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/14/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

I live within 2 miles of where this is happening. All I could do when I seen the news on Monday morning was say OMG, WTF over and over. This has went wrong from the get go, I hope some right comes out of all that is going wrong.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-14 16:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say hopefully it will start the demilitarization by civilian police forces, but I'm not delusional.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-14 17:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Well they gassed the state senator last night, so, anything goes for these guys I guess.

'Tis true.
Quote:
A Missouri State Senator said she was hit with tear gas while protesting in Ferguson.

State Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal said she is angry at the military style force police are using to control crowds. The 14th district representative said she is outraged and offended by the aggression police are using toward protesters.

Chappelle-Nadal said she and 150 young protesters were hit with tear gas during a peaceful protest Monday night. She is calling out Missouri Highway Patrol.

“[Protesters] have every right to assemble freely and express themselves and not have tear gas thrown at them. By the way, tear gas was thrown on me and we could not breathe,” said Chappelle-Nadal. “I approve their budget, so you know that I’m pissed off.”

Chapelle-Nadal questioned Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson about the situation during a press conference early Wednesday. Chief Jackson was unaware that it had happened.
Mo. Senator upset after tear gas thrown at her
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-14 17:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm shocked that Kidmavado hasn't chimed in on how the Police protect us and we should just roll over and take it up the shitpipe like good citizens and not "cowards." and that we just don't understand what it's like "on the front lines."
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-14 17:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
I'm shocked that Kidmavado hasn't chimed in on how the Police protect us and we should just roll over and take it up the shitpipe like good citizens and not "cowards." and that we just don't understand what it's like "on the front lines."
It's a good argument until the stories about the police going after the ones who approve their paychecks surface.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Peimei
Server: Carbuncle
user: Peimei
By Carbuncle.Peimei 2014-08-14 18:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's too late for a revolution america, just bend over and get it over with.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-14 18:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So the title says 'Heaven or Hell' and 'Let's Rock!' but there is no Heaven, Hell, or Rock.

[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-14 18:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

No Heaven. No Hell. Just Rock.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-14 18:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

May as well spend a couple million bucks and buy a GoPro for all officers, so we can see things from their point of view. The cop says the guy grabbed for his sidearm and ran, other witnesses say otherwise. At this point, the truth will not come out. All it takes is one person to be biased, and to be the loudest and to say they saw the guy was unarmed, defenseless, and arms up, and the cop shot anyway, and that's what the rest will say they saw, regardless of what actually happened.
[+]
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
By Raein Tilgung 2014-08-14 18:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-14 18:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Peimei said: »

300million Registered Firearms tell a different tale.

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
It's a good argument until the stories about the police going after the ones who approve their paychecks surface.

It was never a good argument. I blame California though... The Hollywood Robbery is probably what initially started off the mass militarization of the police.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-14 18:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

300million Registered Firearms in the hands of lazy people tells the same tale.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-14 19:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »

300million Registered Firearms in the hands of lazy people tells the same tale.

Don't underestimate the strategic value of the 322nd Rascal Mounted Infantry. Those things have a battery life of like 2 hours.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-14 19:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly is revolution in this thread going to bring about?

An end to racism?
A disarming of the police forces?
An end to the fascist state?
5.99 unlimited buffalo wings?
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-14 19:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »