2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Command to Change Multiple Pieces of Gear
Command to Change Multiple Pieces of Gear
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 00:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Using windower is not "legit" based on agreement. Regardless of what others say. I don't mind ppl parse higher than me with it. I don't tell others not to use it either. I just hate it when ppl try to justify it, or try to imply that "is a silly choice" for not using it.
I didn't say it was, in fact I said quite the opposite.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 00:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Blittzjr said: »
So an analogy stating clearly that someone with more gear, and is basically more suited for the job is idiotic, well now I see why you play solo.

No your analogy is stupid for the same reason I stated earlier, it's a bad analogy and I already stated as to why, and has nothing to do with the argument at hand, but it's basically a semantic argument and distracting from the point.

You don't get it though, more suited for what? enjoying playing a game? don't think so, as that's entirely subjective, and the point of playing. What I enjoy from the game, is different than what you enjoy from the game, and not everyone likes trying to spend all their time attempting to outparse everyone under the sun with scripts and a thousand pieces of gear.

But I digress as the point is lost upon you.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-22 00:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
no ones saying theyre better when they promote windower, and being casual is fine and all, but going so far as to put down the majority of people who use it by saying things like "legit", "legal", and other descriptive words in quotes ("better") as if what theyre doing is criminally or judgmentally wrong is tantamount to conceited ignorance. if you frown upon it, but associate with people who do use it, then youre benefiting just as well and are just as guilty of whatever negative notion you decide to implicate onto the users, JUST because of the sheer efficiency that will be present in ALL AREAS BUT YOUR OWN. (generalization of "you",not anyone specifically, but the majority of the people who dont use it fall into this catagory of less efficient players)

It's not ignorance when they're technically correct, Windower and this site are against the ToS agreement, but I use both, so meh.

"Better" is subjective, so it's understandable that windower users are pissed. "Legit" is a statement, you're either legit with no tool, or not legit with tools. I never understand why tool users got angry when being called "not legit" and try so hard to justify it.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 00:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
no ones saying theyre better when they promote windower, and being casual is fine and all, but going so far as to put down the majority of people who use it by saying things like "legit", "legal", and other descriptive words in quotes ("better") as if what theyre doing is criminally or judgmentally wrong is tantamount to conceited ignorance. if you frown upon it, but associate with people who do use it, then youre benefiting just as well and are just as guilty of whatever negative notion you decide to implicate onto the users, JUST because of the sheer efficiency that will be present in ALL AREAS BUT YOUR OWN. (generalization of "you",not anyone specifically, but the majority of the people who dont use it fall into this catagory of less efficient players)

It's not ignorance when they're technically correct, Windower and this site are against the ToS agreement, but I use both, so meh.

"Better" is subjective, so it's understandable that windower users are pissed. "Legit" is a statement, you're either legit with no tool, or not legit with tools. I never understand why tool got angry when being called "not legit" and try so hard to justify it.
Me neither, I mean granted I don't go around and bot, but I may as well be.
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
Server: Leviathan
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2014-07-22 00:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes that point is lost because what do you spend your time doing? Lol. If you don't enjoy getting "better" at the game then exactly what is your argument. You say you don't like getting gear because you don't enjoy it. I say having/not having gear is what separates players in a lot of cases now, and you claim its idiotic. So no i don't see your logic in this argument.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 00:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes that point is lost because what do you spend your time doing? Lol. If you don't enjoy getting "better" at the game then exactly what is your argument. You say you don't like getting gear because you don't enjoy it. I say having/not having gear is what separates players in a lot of cases now, and you claim its idiotic. So no i don't see your logic in this argument.
That's not what I said was idiotic, learn to read.

"better" is purely subjective, you may consider improving gear and building sets "getting better" others may not, and it's their prerogative and $12.95 to do so.

The point is lost because you fail at reading comprehension, and missed the entire point of my discontent with your analogy not being the focus of my argument, which I've said for the third time now, maybe the third time is the charm.
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2014-07-22 00:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

"better" is purely subjective, you may consider improving gear and building sets "getting better" others may not, and it's their prerogative and $12.95 to do so.

The point is lost because you fail at reading comprehension, and missed the entire point of my discontent with your analogy not being the focus of my argument, which I've said for the third time now, maybe the third time is the charm.

Something is clearly wrong with you. Did you not say my analogy was idiotic? What you just put in bold was what my analogy was referring to. At this point I think I'm fueling your flame for no reason lol. You sir have a good day, and happy adventuring lol.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 00:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes your analogy was idiotic, but not for the reason you think it is, as I've explained, several times now.

It's a bad analogy for what you're trying to get across.
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2014-07-22 00:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes lets pull the oh I pay 12.95 a month like "thousands" of other people who on the other hand GET GEAR card lol.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 00:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You do with your time what you want, and I'll do with my time what I want.

I could sit in my Mog House for 3 hours and jerk off to my Moogle spinning around, while listening to Dead or Alive on Vevo if I want, and it's still my business.

So go learn to read, and try to understand that not everyone enjoys the game for the same reasons you do, I don't go rip on the script users for what they do, I don't rip on the people who don't swap gear at all (Hi Chaos, iirc).
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2014-07-22 00:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to the subject at hand. Im glad that they're doing this for people who don't use Windower. Along with a lot of other updates they've implemented into the game. Kudos to all.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 00:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't give a ***what you do, or what anyone else does, like I said: I play mostly solo. I was more commenting on that I can see why people would like 14 without that feature, as personally I think it's stupid, even though others don't.

This was the entire point of my statement, which you overlooked on your little tantrum, copying for clarification for anyone wondering wtf happened in here.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-22 01:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

gear changing should be common practice if youre planning on doing difficult content. you suspend your right to complain about the fact you cant get the best gear in the game in a timely manner/at all. otherwise its fine. its not fair to a professionals* when you join any type of party, while you may handle your jobs MAIN objectives and roles, to not handle ANY discretionary roles whatsoever. an example of this would be a whm enfeebling set for say, silencing tojil, another would be nuking as whm or brd/sch, or even stunning as brd/blm in a 3-4 man foret delve.

this is where im coming from, and i wont deny that windower is less legit, just i really enjoy the min/maxing abilities that come with it.

*(borrowing the word professional again, except this time having it mean a player using elaborate macros (windower/regularmacros/flowmacros/unreleasdmacrosystem))
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-07-22 06:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i won't complain that you don't swap gear if you don't complain that i don't want you in my events
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-07-22 06:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Using windower is not "legit" based on agreement. Regardless of what others say. I don't mind ppl parse higher than me with it. I don't tell others not to use it either. I just hate it when ppl try to justify it, or try to imply that "is a silly choice" for not using it.
What's really sad is when you either parse higher than the windower user or are a more efficient/better timed/more damaging/whathaveyou than the windower mage...
But you're still a "bad player" for not using windower.
Those people are the WORST.
It's like they think all people who don't cheat (and it IS cheating... Check your TOS, not to mention we all know at least one person who was banned for using it... I know I do.) can't do simple things like gear change for relevant stuff...
And sometimes... It's even advantageous to have a more "hybrid" gear set play style.
My WHM? 5mp refresh idle, 3mp refresh constant... Pretty much the only iLv gear is Tamaxchi and RF1 hat, but my cure4s are still ~1k.
And I have found that when you are in situations with a bad BRD or an *** BRD (pianissimo ballad themselves RIGHT NEXT TO ME) that constant 3mp/tic is WAY more valuable than even an 8mp/tic once every 50tics.
And PLD? Having capped PDT AND MDT* in one set is *** amazing. Sure it's mostly because of RF, but how is this bad? +20 inventory for other jobs AND can do what is taking these "better" PLDs to do in 2~3 full sets? That's just excessive.

I don't windower because I'm paranoid and have put too much time and effort into my character to cheat and have that erased.
Plus, if I can pull the same numbers or better with my gear changing choices? Why would I NEED to cheat? I'm doing just fine the legal way.**

*only need to have 38 MDT cause Aegis will take up the rest. Not that I ever fulltime Aegis, but having Aegis be the only gear changed for capped MDT... It's nice. And with all the current stuff? RF2+1 body, D.Ring, RF1+1 hands and RF2+1 feet... That's -30MDT right there... You basically have to work NOT to have a hybrid PDT and MDT set now...
**and just to clarify, I DO consider windower cheating... Cause it is. So is buying gil off of a website... But people do that too... And for them, that's not cheating. And to each his own. But if you come at me and try to put ME down for not cheating like you? Aw hell no. I don't put you down for cheating, you shouldn't be butthurt when I don't cheat and perform better or just as good as you.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-22 06:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear planning adds so much depht to this game, there isn't much going on in battles most of the strategic value is all in the pre-work. Having so many gearsets to plan for different situations is what made this mmo live this long and differentiate it from all others around.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2014-07-22 06:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
I can pull the same numbers or better
2~3 full sets? That's just excessive
You picked: I am strong enough without doing it!
Real answer: You aren't!
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-22 06:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

And I have found that when you are in situations with a bad BRD or an *** BRD (pianissimo ballad themselves RIGHT NEXT TO ME) that constant 3mp/tic is WAY more valuable than even an 8mp/tic once every 50tics.

?

Not really doubting/commenting what you're saying here, I just don't get that statement. lol

But I think it's a bit one sided to say it's more advantageous to say it's better to be hybrid geared without having used gearswap. You can't really say something is better without trying the other thing. Just because you out perform someone else doesn't mean your way is better, it may just mean they don't have as much skill as you and maybe you will perform even better with the tools.

But it's not really rocket science anyway, you can do what gearswap do with lots and lots of macros and quick fingers. (at least the essentials!)
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2014-07-22 07:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
i won't complain that you don't swap gear if you don't complain that i don't want you in my events

This ^^
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-07-22 07:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Bleu said: »
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
True, but I doubt any serious users of Gearswap will switch to using this instead, unless SE allows players to set up precast/midcast sets.

You mean like this?

/equip set1
/ma "Meteor" <t>
/equip set2

The way macros work today, set1 would be precast, and set2 would be swapped to as soon as casting started. This just doesn't "work" today because macros don't have room for two sets of gear.

Or am I missing something here?

That would work to a degree, but it'd be dependent on having a /wait timer inbetween. Personally, I dislike using the /wait command because I tend to ride my macros, and using another macro while the first macro is in mid /wait causes the macro to stop. And oftentimes, the minimum /wait time of 1 second is still too long.

Gearswap is much more reliable because it reacts to packets, instead of just waiting set periods of time before performing actions. So as I said, while this update will be good for people who don't use Windower, it certainly won't lure anyone away from Gearswap.
 Asura.Kormak
Server: Asura
user: kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2014-07-22 08:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of FQC's response and my thoughts

On topic, most of the recent Quality of Life adjustments have been things windower has been doing for years. (To the point I am fairly sure they are just implementing windower into vanilla ffxi)

I would agree that for melee, normal macros can perform close to or as well as windower macros and close to gearswap. However for mages the advantage that can be gained through gearswap is significantly more tangible.

As with most competitive things in life the "Best" are those push the limits of the rules trying to gain any advantage and they will continue to be so until an authority takes action to prevent it, where the consequence is more damaging than any reward gained.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-07-22 08:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i could make his character in 3 days

and you literally can't midcast flash, even if the macro press is fast enough gear swaps are limitted to 1 per slot per second by the client(the same applies to most t1 nukes under high fast cast).. gearswap/ac use packets so they bypass that 1/second limit

not that it really matters, but you could very easily use that as a basis to say it's cheating
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-22 09:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Can both sides at least agree that gear swapping after this updated macro system is released should be mandatory if a player wants to do more serious content, regardless of what system you use?
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 09:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Can both sides at least agree that gear swapping after this updated macro system is released should be mandatory if a player wants to do more serious content, regardless of what system you use?
No.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-22 09:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You can solo like that all you want, but if you bring that into party play you're being a drag and making the experience worse for everyone else present.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-22 09:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You can solo like that all you want, but if you bring that into party play you're being a drag and making the experience worse for everyone else present.
^
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 10:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Matter of opinion and you're entitled to it, some people care more about the company they keep than what they parse, but hey.

I'm not saying I don't gear swap, but I don't go all nuts over it either.

Basically: let others play how they want and stop bitching about how they choose to play the game, don't associate with them? fine, that's your prerogative, but I think you're missing the point, but that's my opinion, so meh.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-22 10:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

People who don't change gear aren't worth bringing to endgame, ever. That's not an opinion.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-07-22 10:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose you could also argue that if you've got time to keep track of who is and isn't swapping gear in your party, you're not paying enough attention to your own job...