Command to Change Multiple Pieces of Gear
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Triffle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-19 01:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

As an Xbox player, this is the best news ever. Update of the century most definitely.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2014-07-19 03:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I play on pc without windower upgrades, this is also great for people who play vanilla like me.
[+]
By Voren 2014-07-19 03:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So....that means I don't need to tie up three or more macro slots with /macro set 1/2/3/4/etc to change lines just for gear? Oh ffs, what am I going to do with the extra space? ~*>.<*~ mind blown
[+]
By Davorin 2014-07-19 03:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/42124-Multi-Gear-Swap-Macro-Revamp?p=513075#post513075
By Nyruul 2014-07-19 04:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Vanilla FFXI? I'd rather just not play the game... Don't even get me started with console FFXI. Its the whole reason FFXI is still so old and shitty... >.<
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-07-19 04:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay no more excuse from the console/vanilla community to not gear swap lol
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-07-19 04:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »

True Strike!!
By Voren 2014-07-19 04:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This is news to me, but I don't find it surprising.

I've been on xbox since I started and have had no problems with gear swapping other than having to use multiple macros to do it. I found it easier to make multiple macros than to make excuses.

The effect of gear swapping is noticeable. The maximum effective range of an excuse....well...go google that.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-19 04:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my playstyle!

It's my 13 dollars!

Omg get a life you elitist ***!

I am strong enough without doing it!

It's the player's ability that matters!

What is a macro?

Will always exist.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2014-07-19 04:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow amazing, This has no benefit for any of you but you still feel the need to *** about something. Not sure why you people assume we vanilla players don't do simple things such as gear swapping, I've been using multiple macros for gear swaps for years. I never called anyone an elitist but hell there sure are a lot of *** around here. It's not as if we like having limited options compared to an enhanced game, we just simply use what we have and I don't see why you people have to insult someone who wishes to play with the tools that are given to them.
[+]
By Davorin 2014-07-19 04:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shhh... no tears. Only dreams now.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-19 05:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So mad.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-19 05:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally a way to macro in DEX, AGI, and Steal pieces in for WS and steals without having to pick and choose the best pieces to do so with.

You know without having to download 3rd party tools that crash on every update.

Hell I might even find a use for that shadow mantle now and play around with a -PDT set for fun.

Quality of life, indeed.

May make me want to level SCH now if it works right.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-07-19 06:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch this be the means to an end... And that end is to systematically ban ppl from using things like gearswap.
Before they had legit excuse for using it (which according to TOS, is cheating)...
But after this update... Which, let's be honest, should have been in the game after they realized that changing gear was a thing players did... Silly SE, thinking that not changing gear for stuff is a thing...

I wouldn't be surprised if after this, they begin to super crack down on ppl using windower and other 3rd party tools.
 Bismarck.Marmite
Server: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-07-19 06:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

10 years too late
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-07-19 06:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Watch this be the means to an end... And that end is to systematically ban ppl from using things like gearswap.
Before they had legit excuse for using it (which according to TOS, is cheating)...
But after this update... Which, let's be honest, should have been in the game after they realized that changing gear was a thing players did... Silly SE, thinking that not changing gear for stuff is a thing...

I wouldn't be surprised if after this, they begin to super crack down on ppl using windower and other 3rd party tools.

Till you can play multiples chars without windower, doing any action against windower is hurting the company itself.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-07-19 07:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Till you can play multiples chars without windower, doing any action against windower is hurting the company itself.
Sounds like a comfort blanket...

But with trolling aside, do you honestly think SE is above such an action?
Hah!
How naïve!

(And also, check your TOS, that is against the rules. I don't agree or disagree fully either way... But it IS technically cheating to use bots to box... Though of course you are not Shiva either.)
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-19 09:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
So....that means I don't need to tie up three or more macro slots with /macro set 1/2/3/4/etc to change lines just for gear? Oh ffs, what am I going to do with the extra space? ~*>.<*~ mind blown

Get better gear ~
By Jetackuu 2014-07-19 09:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hah!
How naïve!

(And also, check your TOS, that is against the rules. I don't agree or disagree fully either way... But it IS technically cheating to use bots to box... Though of course you are not Shiva either.)
1. not everyone who multiboxea uses bots, but hey.

2. technically using this site is a violation of the ToS and cheating, so is wiki. So shut up.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-19 10:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Hah!
How naïve!

1. not everyone who multiboxea uses bots, but hey.

2. technically using this site is a violation of the ToS and cheating, so is wiki. So shut up.

An yet when you ask a GM for assistance, they state you should go online and check forums or guides for assistance.

And they won't ban people from 11 for using windower, there was a survey that showed the number of people using windower and it would have cripled SE to ban them all.

And yes, SE does indeed have a method to see if you are using windower or Vanilla POL and they have not acted on that ***yet.
By Wordspoken 2014-07-19 10:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
An yet when you ask a GM for assistance, they state you should go online and check forums or guides for assistance.

And they won't ban people from 11 for using windower, there was a survey that showed the number of people using windower and it would have cripled SE to ban them all.

And yes, SE does indeed have a method to see if you are using windower or Vanilla POL and they have not acted on that ***yet.
May I have link to this? I'm interested in those numbers.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-19 10:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't know, I've never been stupid enough to call a GM for help on something in the game aside from something they're supposed to do (like move you if you're stuck in an object).

But hey.

Also, if you're not doing any packet injection, not really, but a lot of add-ons do.

edit: not to mention there's an official forum, but also hey.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-19 10:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If they just let you define sets, even if it's like 5 sets per job, it would solve a lot of problems for console users in terms of quality of life. Some jobs require minimal gear swaps to be effective, others require a lot. Once you get into 3-5 macro per action situations, you start really falling behind in terms of DPS or efficacy. People who use tools will continue as they offer an ease of play or performance advantage that can't be compared, but people who just want to play the game on a console or vanilla would be able to more closely keep up with the tool users without having to assault their keyboard.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-19 11:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

not having full body/accessory applicable swaps for any job for any of the reasonable situations you'd encounter is ludicrous! this'll be a big help to console players, no longer will excuses be tolerated!
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2014-07-19 11:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Littleanimal said: »
Not sure why you people assume we vanilla players don't do simple things such as gear swapping...

What do you mean, "you people"?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-19 11:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Console was cool for a few months in 2005 before I picked up my first laptop
[+]
 Asura.Triffle
Server: Asura
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-19 12:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure this will be useful for Windower players as well.

"Originally Posted by Camate
Hello!

The team is currently developing this feature and aiming for 100 gear sets. There may be a possibility that this number changes after adjustments due to hardware stress, but this is the number they are planning to make.

They are also making a special user interface that will allow you to build your gear sets, which will be similar to the regular equipment window."
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-19 13:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

First Page 2 3 4 5 6