Fat-shaming More Harmful Than Racism And Sexism

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Fat-shaming More Harmful Than Racism and Sexism
Fat-shaming More Harmful Than Racism and Sexism
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-05-22 20:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
people everywhere are bombarded with what perfection is supposed to look like
[+]
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2014-05-22 21:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-05-22 21:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

From my standpoint, your weight is irrelevant to me in terms of whether I think you're a cool person or not. If you are cool to be around, you'd be cool to be around, fat, fit, or skeleton.

If you're happy with where you are, more power to you.

The only time I ever personally "Fat-shame" doesn't really even have to do with being fat in general; it's probably just someone who has pissed me off. When I'm going after you, I'll find w/e your weak spot is and attack that, so while I'd make fun of Korpg for example for his weight, it was simply because he was an ***, not necessarily his weight. I'd say I know people who are bigger than that (but I don't), but I do know plenty of big people who I get along with perfectly lol.

I have more than one hobby, you don't have to spend 10 hrs a week in the gym for us to hang out.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-05-22 21:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

and on the flip side of that, ***like this is just cringe-worthy

Not seeing the logic in that at all
[+]
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2014-05-22 21:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-05-22 21:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I always have a hard time taking most of these 'they call me names' ideas seriously. Hate to sound like the old guy here, but back in my day ppl had a backbone (even if it was ever so small.) If you had complained about it to a teacher, nothing was done. If you complained about it to a parent, they generally told you to suck it up or ignore them. But most of the time we just kept it to ourselves. And every one i new that took a lot of flack grew up a stronger/better person because of it. (There version of the geek overtaking the jock.)

Now a days its nothing but bitching from adults and kids that have been over pussified to the point where they never had to deal with problems themselves. So you end up with these piles of redundant protoplasm walking around feeling sry for themselves and either never doing anything about it, or going crazy and going to the opposite extreme. And ppl cant seem to figure out why....

As for making fun of fat ppl, that is a one way streak only (which shows it to be a joke in itself) If being made fin of for being fat is so harmful, then logic would say that being made fun of for being so thin is equally harmful. But if someone tried to *** about that then they would be laughed out of the room. - Which i can attest to. Being in my late 20's at 6ft tall and 130lbs, im skinny as hell. Overly skinny many say. Ppl like to call me 'the Holocaust victim' because im so damn thin. And it wasn't any better as a kid. But if i had genuinely complained out it no-one would even remotely take it seriously. (And i don't blame them, i wouldn't either.)

If that side isnt taken seriously then neither should the other side. Which leaves the common denominator of just making fun of ppl. Which kinda leads back to my original point of grow a damn spine. Ppl have been made fun of for eternity. Its nothing new. The only thing that's new is the generation that suddenly cant handle it.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-05-22 21:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

"But the poor depressed gay children are killing themselves."
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-05-22 21:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That picture couldn't be farther from the truth. Weight gain impacts your relationship, especially the sex. I've been in a relationship and saw my partner gain a ***-ton of weight. It made sex very odd. And well when the sex goes bad, love goes down the drain.
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2014-05-22 21:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

it was a bad joke, I get it.
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-05-22 21:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

More cushion' for the pushin'

AMIRITE?
[+]
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2014-05-22 21:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

As you get older, you get fatter. Be accepting of your future! Embrace the fat! The sooner you learn fat sex, the better your future!

VOTE FOR FAT SEX!

[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-05-22 21:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Minefield said: »

AMIRITE?

No just no. I'm pretty sure my example is applicable to heterosexual sex as well, but when your partner's stomach starts to touch your forehead when performing certain sexual acts. That cushion is the wrong pushin...just saying....okrrrr.
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2014-05-22 21:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

AMIRITE?

No just no.

FAT SHAMER, FAT SHAMER
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-05-22 21:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

I can kind of see what she's saying. Yeah she's overweight, but she puts an effort into dressing nicely and doing up her hair/makeup. Then people just expect that she'll "settle" for them by default, even if they don't do anything at all to maintain their appearance. Those people aren't entitled to her feelings of attraction--no one is entitled to anyone's feelings of attraction. To assume otherwise is to be a presumptuous douche.

However (and I guess that's what you're saying), she isn't entitled to anyone's attraction either. So complaining that someone else wasn't attracted to her does comes across as pretty hypocritical.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-05-22 21:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

when your partner's stomach starts to touch your forehead when performing certain sexual acts.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-05-22 21:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

From my standpoint, your weight is irrelevant to me in terms of whether I think you're a cool person or not. If you are cool to be around, you'd be cool to be around, fat, fit, or skeleton.

The only time I ever personally "Fat-shame" doesn't really even have to do with being fat in general; it's probably just someone who has pissed me off. When I'm going after you, I'll find w/e your weak spot is and attack that, so while I'd make fun of Korpg for example for his weight, it was simply because he was an ***, not necessarily his weight. I'd say I know people who are bigger than that (but I don't), but I do know plenty of big people who I get along with perfectly lol.

Agree with that largely. When you determine someone as an ***, you atk them. And you do it with what ever ammo you have available at that given moment.

Personalty i respect effort (in most cases at least.) And i usually use an example i find vry relevant from back in my school days. We had one guy named John. He was a little over weight. But when he went out there he went full effort. What ever it was they were doing, he gave everything he had. By the end he would be huffing, and puffing, and sweating. Because he put in all the effort he could into the activity. And i respected that.
On the other hand i remember a game of volley ball (in my joke of a highschool gym class) where this thin *** girl, hot but waaay to self involved, was far to busy talking with her friend while the ball is flying around, that she didn't notice as the ball was heading right for her head. And as it smashed into her head i couldn't help but start laughing.
Needless to say, i had no respect for her (before or after that.) She was an idiot. - Point being it had nothing to do with weight. It had to do with who the person was. And once someone is a target for mocking, ppl usually use anything they have available'
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-05-22 21:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said: »

AMIRITE?

No just no.

FAT SHAMER, FAT SHAMER

Sex is an integral part of a relationship. Weight gain impacts your relationship. When you are having to use a crowbar to leverage your way through your partner's fat it is no longer sex but a chore.
By fonewear 2014-05-22 21:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that milk or dark chocolate ?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-05-22 21:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said: »
However (and I guess that's what you're saying), she isn't entitled to anyone's attraction either. So complaining that someone else wasn't attracted to her does comes across as pretty hypocritical.
Pretty much the point. She's allowed to have her standards, but then she's complaining that other people have standards as well.

Yes, personality is hugely important, but a lot of people act like it's one or the other. You can be physically attracted to someone who has a great personality. I for one, prefer someone who has both qualities rather than just one or the other.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-05-22 21:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
"But the poor depressed gay children are killing themselves."

The idea of survival of the fittest comes to mind...
By fonewear 2014-05-22 21:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I rather date a fat woman that is fun to be with than a skinny b.
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-05-22 21:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya'll better lose some of that weight I tell ya h'what, or so help me I'll Fus Ro your *** with my foot.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-05-22 21:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

when your partner's stomach starts to touch your forehead when performing certain sexual acts.

Hey hey! I used the least descriptive words possible to make that post tame.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-05-22 21:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

yes?
By Jetackuu 2014-05-22 21:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like somebody likes to DT!
By Jetackuu 2014-05-22 21:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you as excited as I am to see what DBZ Abridged does to Perfect Cell?
By fonewear 2014-05-22 21:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Change the word fat to pleasantly plump. Mission accomplished.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-05-22 22:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Are you as excited as I am to see what DBZ Abridged does to Perfect Cell?
Honestly, I've always been a larger fan of Weeklytubeshow than I ever was of Team4Star. Aside from the ones that were done differently on purpose (Piccolo obviously), his voices were way more accurate and his dialog was always funnier to me
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-05-22 22:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a large proponent of ignorance-shaming, though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-05-22 22:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

is personality and/or learning capability really any easier to change than your weight
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9