What's The Top 5 Mythic's?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What's the top 5 Mythic's?
What's the top 5 Mythic's?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-05-21 22:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to speak in terms of usefulness to content alongside job usefulness:

Yagrush
Carnwenhan
[DD That you use]

The only ones that are actually lackluster are THF, RNG, RDM (BST, NIN to a lesser extent).
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-05-21 23:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Siren.Kenesu said: »
Whats the top 5 Mythic's? Not because of DPS but for overall best use to the job.

Koga
Tizona
Yagrush
Kenkonken

Er Dunno about a 5th.

Koga is best for SAM for Third Eye and DPS
Tizona For MP return (Infinite MP BLU is nice) and not a bad Aftermath.
Yagrush for AOE Erase etc
KenKonkKen for PUP and stuffs.

There's no way I could put Koga over Ryunohige. DRG isn't even a DD without Ryunohige. SAM still does fine without mythic, using Tsurumaru or Yoichi.

Yagrush is awesome for Delve. Outside of that event, it's not critical, but inside it's a huge advantage.

Carnwenhan is a smaller boost but good for more content than Yag, I think.

No one said Burtgang? Paladin is a relevant non-DD job.
By ElysiumTK 2014-05-21 23:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Burtgang
Ryunohige
Kogarasurumaru
Nirvana
Yagrush
Would be my choice but knowing me I'd stop after Koga ^^
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-05-22 01:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

ElysiumTK said: »
Burtgang
Ryunohige
Kogarasurumaru
Nirvana
Yagrush
Would be my choice but knowing me I'd stop after Koga ^^

I would have to agree with this list.

Carn, although awesome is really not game breaking as BRD is already broken.

COR with DP is great for what it's used for, but Vanir Gun is just behind it for the same situations.

There was a thread recently that asked about Tizona and half the BLUs that responded said it wasn't worth it or they regret making it so that shouldn't be listed.

As for the ones listed in the quote, they completely change the jobs that use them, with the exception being Yagrush.
By Ophannus 2014-05-22 01:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I would consider Conqueror to be pretty top tier. Mighty Strikes + Brazen Rush + Upheaval with AM3's OA2-3.
Isn't that like an 8 hit, all hits critical, weapon skill?

Quote:
Tizona

Can't really see this happening. It has low *** DMG, the MP return is cute, but really, BLU spells are cheap and now with the +200MP from racial bonuses we all got, do BLU's really ever run out of MP? Even if they do, it's not from Delve or AA fights, it's usually when Charged Whisker cleaving for EXP/Job Points in which you'd have clubs for MDMG/MAB, not Tizona. In a typical Delve or whatever you'd bring BLU to, you're getting Marches, so there's little value in casting anything other than Wail/Battery Charge/Nature's Meditation and occasional CAFlux Quad.Continuum for self SC or Heavy Strike/Winds of Promy. All of which cost <100 MP and is easily recoverable from Battery Charge and Auto-Refresh gear in your idle set between mobs. AM3 hard to maintain and costs a lot of DPS too lolexpacion. I know BLU is your favorite job Con but I don't see the MP Regeneration aspect of Tizona really coming into play. If it had like Blue Skill+100 or Blue Attack+25% or 140 base DMG and +40 acc it would be less crap, but as a melee weapon it sucks, as a cleaving tool it sucks. It's a toy and I wouldn't even say it's in the top 10 Mythics. I'd venture to say it's maybe in the bottom 5 with Vajra, Liberator, and Gastraphetes.

In terms of alliance/party play Yagrush>>Burtgang>>>>>Koga&Ryuno>>>>>>>>>>>everything else/doesn't matter/not important/who cares.

Yagrush is badass. Seriously. It can change everything, it's that good. Burtgang is sweet too although if your PLD can stay alive with Ochain/gear, it's not necessary but it helps. Koga and Ryuno are incredible weapons but I'd say they're more class changing than game changing. They vastly increase DPS of those jobs but I wouldn't say they make/break runs like how Yagrush/Burtgang do. Carr is good but do you really need 10 min songs? The answer is, no. You really don't. You could just resing. It's convenient however. The other weapons may/may not give extra DPS to the jobs they're for but are those jobs necessary like how PLD&WHM are? Probably not. And most likely the DPS increase from them isn't the same outrageous DPS increase that Ryuno gives DRGs or Koga gives SAM.

So my top 5 in order are:

1. Yagrush
2. Burtgang
3. Koga
4. Ryuno
5. Conqueror

Yes Kenkoken really is good but what else does PUP have? DRG still has Angon, SAM has incredible DPS and a great 2hr and abilities. I would say a Conq WAR>Kenk PUP just because of better abilities for a zerg.

In sum, other mythics are great but they don't evolve the job as much as the ones I listed do. Seriously, the damage gap between Koga SAM and non Koga SAM, and Ryuno DRG and non Ryuno DRG is pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. When I look at spreadsheets with and w/o Mythic I double take every time. Also can someone explain why Nirvana is so good? Is 121 Avatar really that much stronger or is it the BP damage?(even still held back by like a 40second recast barring Astral Conduit?)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-22 02:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going to put something like Conqueror on the list then you may as well put Tizona on too. I've said before why it's one of the better mythics; BLU handles AM3 better than most other jobs. Saying it's in the bottom five just illustrates that you haven't got any idea what you're talking about.

That doesn't make it amazing, but none of the pure DD Mythics are unless the conditions are met. The only mythics that make any sort of appreciably significant impact 100% of the time are Yagrush, Nirvana, and Burtgang really. Carnwenhan is nice if you're using a BRD mule or are lazy, but it isn't earthshattering. Increases duration on Marcato/SV songs I guess? Can BRD hit 10 minute duration yet for fulltime Marcato? If they can then I retract that.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-05-22 02:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No, brd can't hit 10 minutes quite yet with carn, but it's close. (think it's 9:36 for march/min/mad). Hopefully if/when they give us 119 emp, they'll add a little extra duration on some of it, and we'll get there. (All we'd need is another 10% duration somewhere). I think more of where Carn shines is during 1hours.. 2 extra minutes of SV/CC songs is pretty nice. The extra duration is also nice any time you need to sleep anything.

Everyone and their dog has made a list, but in terms of niche non-dd weapons that will always be useful because of their gimmicks:

- Yagrush, Carnwenhan, Nirvana, and Burtang.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-22 02:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

9:36 marc'd march is pretty nice then as long as the thing you're fighting doesn't dispel constantly

Odin.Calipso said: »
I think more of where Carn shines is during 1hours.. 2 extra minutes of SV/CC songs is pretty nice.

I agree, definitely a big part of it. But nearly 100% uptime on a 50% stronger march is also very, very nice.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-22 04:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Yagrush
2. Epeolatry(yup I said it)
3. Buttgang
4. Carmenchan
5. Dragon's whisker

Special mention for Titsona, KKK, pchanfaust, DP and Konga.

Somewhere up there Nirvana too I guess, but I don't know two *** about summoner gear.

But really any mythic's good making if you play that job. Unless Murgleis and Nagi.
I mean you could make Murgleis cause it's very pretty.
But Nagi...why Kincard..why?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-05-22 04:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
No one said Burtgang? Paladin is a relevant non-DD job.

I wanted to say Burtang, which I'd place behind Yagrush and Carn, but PLD can tank everything without it just fine. Personally I don't view it as as game changing as Yagrush. However I'm biased because I'm a delve/endgame player. So any mythic that can enhance solo ability doesn't count as job changing to me.

Carn for SV songs, but yagrush is 10x more game changing than those.

Ramuh.Kailana said: »
We're not talking about DPS? That's what I gathered from OP. Death Penalty on here is totally debatable, COR is like my main so I'm likely biased. I really like seeing the damage proc on triple shot though. Mainly for quickdraw enhancement.

The only situation I find QD enhancement may* be job changing is wopket for windshot, if you need wind dmg to drop aura(Some pt doesn't need wind dmg, but it depends). Wind shot dmg is 3k~3.5k in recast gears/avg QD gear and No.5 wizards. If there's SCH in pt+perfect QD set+ No.11+ set proc I see 10k+ wind shot possible to do.

Although it's DPS related but it's also kinda related to current endgame strategy. But wopket is probably the only situation I find QD enhancement job changing. (Even then it's probably still not job changing enough to let COR solo drop aura) Unlike Yagrush, which is almost always useful when you do delve, and Carn, the difference is more noticeable in AA battle field.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-05-22 04:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

That's not Mythic! :p

I was about to say it but it's not mythic. Otherwise it's definitely on the list.
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2014-05-22 04:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Burtgang
Nirvana
Yagrush
Ryunohige
Carnwenhan

out of all those Burtgang and Nirvana are the only ones I would classify as being so overpowered they can be considered gamebreaking.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dagget
Server: Carbuncle
user: simbaa
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-05-22 04:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
The other weapons may/may not give extra DPS to the jobs they're for but are those jobs necessary like how PLD&WHM are? Probably not. And most likely the DPS increase from them isn't the same outrageous DPS increase that Ryuno gives DRGs or Koga gives SAM.

Most people would be surprised at the DPS increase from using a Glanzfaust over Relic/Empy. It's certainly on the same tier as Conq.

Especially on Higher level content such as Ouryu/VDAA/Tenzen.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-05-22 05:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Dagget said: »
Most people would be surprised at the DPS increase from using a Glanzfaust over Relic/Empy. It's certainly on the same tier as Conq.

I thought AM3 Glanz was only about 5% better than Vereth? Whereas AM3 Conq is something like 20%+ better than everything else WAR can use.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-22 06:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
1. Yagrush
3. Buttgang
4. Carmenchan
5. Dragon's whisker

Special mention for Titsona, KKK, pchanfaust, DP and Konga.

Somewhere up there Nirvana too I guess, but I don't know two *** about summoner gear.

But really any mythic's good making if you play that job. Unless Murgleis and Nagi.
I mean you could make Murgleis cause it's very pretty.
But Nagi...why Kincard..why?

Buttgang and titsona...

Well...

Nice.

(Mithras do need a titsona tbf).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-22 06:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Carbuncle.Dagget said: »

I thought AM3 Glanz was only about 5% better than Vereth? Whereas AM3 Conq is something like 20%+ better than everything else WAR can use.

This was also my impression. I guess the Focus enhancement + AM1 could be good for high Acc situations. It would make Focus give 67 Accuracy (77 with capped JPs), and AM1 would be another 20-29 Acc. That's a massive amount of Acc.

Also, though it's true that Conqueror is a huge DPS boost for WAR, last time I looked at it WAR was not a very competitive DD without Conqueror. The job is slowly turning into Dragoon.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-05-22 06:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Also, though it's true that Conqueror is a huge DPS boost for WAR, last time I looked at it WAR was not a very competitive DD without Conqueror. The job is slowly turning into Dragoon.

Sad, but very true at the moment. The only situation it has a chance to win is in high buff fights that last less than 3min, where the majority of your DPS is from SP1+2 and other DDs don't have a chance to catch up. Other than that, it falls behind really fast on anything else/doesn't have any weapon type gimmicks like SAM+MNK.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-22 06:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I remember mathing out that I would basically need to make conqueror in order to have its DPS even surpass my Dancer's in most realistic situations. Reforged AF2 feet are a cool piece, but durability is not WAR's only problem.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-05-22 07:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

My top 5 would have to be....

1) ryunohige - drg is my first love I saw it on the box and knew I wanted the wyver.... I mean job.

2) nirvana - loved smns in every game in the FF series.

3) death penalty - who wouldnt want a portable cannon to shoot stuff and gambling.

4) liberator - something something emo something darksid....

5) would be a toss up between kenkonken, tizona and burtgang.
By kasain 2014-05-22 08:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
My top 5 would have to be....

1) ryunohige - drg is my first love I saw it on the box and knew I wanted the wyver.... I mean job.

2) nirvana - loved smns in every game in the FF series.

3) death penalty - who wouldnt want a portable cannon to shoot stuff and gambling.

4) liberator - something something emo something darksid....

5) would be a toss up between kenkonken, tizona and burtgang.

Sch staff went from worst to at least top ten. Maybe top five after they readjusted it.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-05-22 09:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont play sch on XI so its not in "my" top 5. Most of the top 5 lists in this thread are all personal opinions as seeing as they are all for different jobs cant really compare them fairly due to the drawbacks of the jobs themselves. Smn staff is the best weapon a smn can get but you wont see a smn that much in content these days. Pup drg, war, rdm, dnc, run, blu, blm, bst, thf and nin are some other jobs that have hardly any role in content some are nice to take if you have room but they arent needed. Some of those also have rather nice mythic weapons.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-05-22 09:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The top mythic(s) to build are for the job(s) that you play the most on.

Why bother building a Nirvana if your SMN is level 0?

Why bother building a Yagrush if you don't play WHM often?

There is no "best" or "top" mythic, because it all depends on the play style of the player...
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-05-22 09:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you don't have something leveled or play it often, it is still possible to recognize how large of a difference it makes for the job. I don't think anyone is telling anyone to make a mythic for a job you play twice a year.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-05-22 09:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If my main were rdm and rng, I'd make ryu/koga for my lvl 0 sam/drg over rdm or rng mythic

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-05-22 10:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
The top mythic(s) to build are for the job(s) that you play the most on.

Why bother building a Nirvana if your SMN is level 0?

Why bother building a Yagrush if you don't play WHM often?

There is no "best" or "top" mythic, because it all depends on the play style of the player...

I thought OP already said DPS related mythic doesn't count? That leaves the majority of Mythic out.
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-05-22 10:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
I thought OP already said DPS related mythic doesn't count? That leaves the majority of Mythic out.

I think what he was saying was that he didn't want to know the one that was the top DPS wise, but the ones that change their jobs the most.

As people have mentioned already, a few DPS mythics fit that mold extremely well with something like Ryu probably being the one that comes to mind first.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2014-05-22 10:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I look at mythics as a completely different class of weapon these days. Personally, I suggest doing a mythic merely for aesthetic or sentimental reasons for a job that you love or play the most. At the point of the game that 1.7% difference in parse just isn't as crucial to me. Maybe my second will be more of a goal of the "ideal" weapon, but my first is a labor of love.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-05-22 10:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

These ranking may change after the adjust WS stat boosts next month. Some of the Mythic WSs may get a good enough boost to use it almost fulltime, instead of using it for AM3 only, then switching over to a different WS while the AM3 is up.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13