What's The Top 5 Mythic's?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What's the top 5 Mythic's?
What's the top 5 Mythic's?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-16 19:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyleena said: »
Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Let's not even discuss THFs who don't understand SA and/or TA. I cringe inwardly each time I see a SATA activation when there's no one to TA, and the THF isn't even in the rear arc of the mob.

This happened a lot when abby first came out and how everyone abby burned jobs and totally did not learn the job. Not long after abby came out I was in a pug group that had a thf in it. Someone told the thief to SATA, and the thf actually did not know what SATA was...we had to explain it to him and he was not trolling lol.

I had a MNK in a delve run once who didn't know what Formless Strikes was.
By Cyleena 2015-04-16 20:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not even discuss THFs who don't understand SA and/or TA. I cringe inwardly each time I see a SATA activation when there's no one to TA, and the THF isn't even in the rear arc of the mob.

This happened a lot when abby first came out and how everyone abby burned jobs and totally did not learn the job. Not long after abby came out I was in a pug group that had a thf in it. Someone told the thief to SATA, and the thf actually did not know what SATA was...we had to explain it to him and he was not trolling lol.

I had a MNK in a delve run once who didn't know what Formless Strikes was.

Kinda sad the way SE ruined old school leveling, and made it so you can get a job to 99 without having a clue as to how to play it. Good old SE.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-16 20:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Unfortunately, there are far, far too many people who see that you're not a BRD/COR/GEO/WHM/RDM, and look only at the parse, and decide since you didn't come out in the top three, even though you very well might have been the only reason the run didn't wipe, that it obviously must be because you're a stupid player playing a worthless job.

[edit]Totally not neurotically bitter here.

Why in the hell would anyone think SMN acted like a support job? They can do support functions but their primary ability is to blow sh!t up and not die in the process, they are more comparable to a BLM or SCH in that regard.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-16 20:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Kinda sad the way SE ruined old school leveling, and made it so you can get a job to 99 without having a clue as to how to play it. Good old SE.

To be fair there was plenty of folks at 75 who didn't know how to play their job despite killing the same crabs, mandies, goblins and weapons as the rest of us. The only difference is that it took them longer to get to 75, but they eventually got there. Long before abyssea people were using SMN's to burn their way to 75, and before that was RNG or BLM burn parties.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-16 20:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Quote:
Unfortunately, there are far, far too many people who see that you're not a BRD/COR/GEO/WHM/RDM, and look only at the parse, and decide since you didn't come out in the top three, even though you very well might have been the only reason the run didn't wipe, that it obviously must be because you're a stupid player playing a worthless job.

Why in the hell would anyone think SMN acted like a support job? They can do support functions but their primary ability is to blow sh!t up and not die in the process, they are more comparable to a BLM or SCH in that regard.

'cause they're idiots, that's why they think it. I had a horrible time on the OF talking to people about this ***, 'cause they just cannot fathom that such a thing is possible, period.
By Cyleena 2015-04-16 20:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

To be fair there was plenty of folks at 75 who didn't know how to play their job despite killing the same crabs, mandies, goblins and weapons as the rest of us. The only difference is that it took them longer to get to 75, but they eventually got there. Long before abyssea people were using SMN's to burn their way to 75, and before that was RNG or BLM burn parties.

Yes there was at 75 but when abby came out it allowed way more opportunity to level all jobs with no skill. Now that there is skill up papers to skill up that makes it even less time on that job to learn the job traits.
 Cerberus.Ephexis
Server: Cerberus
user: Ephexis
By Cerberus.Ephexis 2015-04-16 20:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand your pain. I once had to deal with this, after I explained to a SCH their role on Provenance Watcher

[Image Removed - Player Warning content]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-04-16 21:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest I find people are in general better than they were before abyssea currently. With access to more information, detailed guides, and things like spreadsheets people tend to at least be a little better off. I remember a time when you could count the number of people that used PDT sets on one hand per server and the amount of Sams using fulltime Ruby Rings and Domarus far outnumbered the ones using Haubs and Snipers. People still suck but they do seem to at least suck somewhat less, at least most of them.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-16 23:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
To be honest I find people are in general better than they were before abyssea currently. With access to more information, detailed guides, and things like spreadsheets people tend to at least be a little better off. I remember a time when you could count the number of people that used PDT sets on one hand per server and the amount of Sams using fulltime Ruby Rings and Domarus far outnumbered the ones using Haubs and Snipers. People still suck but they do seem to at least suck somewhat less, at least most of them.

I'd agree that there is definitely more information out there. The problem is "can people use the information well, if at all?" You can give an idiot all the information in the world; it doesn't mean that they're going to make good decisions based on it. There also seems to be a general... I'm honestly not sure. There've been several new or returning players I've interacted with in the last year or so who not quite complained but did mention that no one seemed to want to explain anything to them, or help them understand things.

Especially for new content, there's a lack of willingness to explain, probably because people want to monopolize loot while they can (Hello, Taisai). I was in a Vagary leg unlock run the other day that was going extremely well until we failed because myself and another alliance member ran in to buff the PLD, and one of us died. That apparently makes the NM decide to go *** off.

Now, no one present had been told that a player death would cause the NM to depop and ruin the run. If we had been told, we wouldn't have run in to buff, and, as I said, the run was going perfectly until that happened.

The person who was leading the run was very big on telling us what to do, but not why, or what not to do, and why not. I've gotten ***before for how verbose I get before delve and similar content because even if everyone on the run has done it before, and I know they have because I've done it with them, I'll still go over all the NMs, gimmicks, strategy, and whatnot for whatever we're doing. Everyone's only human, we all make mistakes, we all forget things. And if I go over everything, and you sound off that you were paying attention, and then we go in and you *** up the run doing something yo uwere explicitly told not to do, and why not to do it, well. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, but when it's extremely, extremely obvious you didn't or weren't paying attention, I remember. A notable example is a Ceizak run where a MNK kept spamming Shijin Spiral on Mastop (while spamming /p demanding haste), which made what should have been a 60 second fight drag out for nearly five minutes. This MNK was also on voice chat, too, so he had absolutely no excuse for continuing to do something he was being told not to do, both before the run, and during it.

I'm not sure exactly what point I set out to make when I started typing, but I'm hitting submit anyway.
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-04-17 04:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

We've had this discussion before, and my view on it has not changed. What we had then was a viewpoint as a whole that sucked, where now we have players that suck. Unless you were the elite few, privy to superior knowledge, the general player base didn't know what they were doing was wrong. The difference now is that the information is readily available on a variety of services and people still suck. I think that makes it worse now than before, since at least then it was general ignorance. When you get people saying that Sagasinger is worth offhanding anywhere pre-Adoulin just because it drains buffs, regardless of lost DPS, it's just sad.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-04-17 05:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
When you get people saying that Sagasinger is worth offhanding anywhere pre-Adoulin just because it drains buffs, regardless of lost DPS, it's just sad.

Oooo shinyyy~ It must be good, my precious!
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-17 07:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Asura.Vafruvant said: »
When you get people saying that Sagasinger is worth offhanding anywhere pre-Adoulin just because it drains buffs, regardless of lost DPS, it's just sad.

Oooo shinyyy~ It must be good, my precious!

Lockstyle all the shinies!
By FaeQueenCory 2015-04-17 07:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Except SMN is a better buffer than COR. No offense CORs, but y'all need some buffing. Though it wouldn't take much to put you up on SMN's level. (How weird is that that that's a thing now.) Relic access and a third roll should be enough to do it at minimum.

Hastega2, sherzo (Earthen armor), DA, crit rate, Macc, TP bonus, MAB, cure potency, RR2, attack bonus, MDB, etc
As why it's better than COR is because it has all of that with very little limitation, plus debuffs.

SMN is extremely strong support, much like RDM. (Just because you bring RDM as flurry2 ***, doesn't mean that it can't DD with nukes... Though I guess that's the difference between a good and a bluh RDM.)
SMN is a hybrid job, your statement might have been true back in the 75era when there was only one BP timer... But that is not the case today.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-17 08:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Quote:

Except SMN is a better buffer than COR. No offense CORs, but y'all need some buffing. Though it wouldn't take much to put you up on SMN's level. (How weird is that that that's a thing now.) Relic access and a third roll should be enough to do it at minimum.

Hastega2, sherzo (Earthen armor), DA, crit rate, Macc, TP bonus, MAB, cure potency, RR2, attack bonus, MDB, etc
As why it's better than COR is because it has all of that with very little limitation, plus debuffs.

SMN is extremely strong support, much like RDM. (Just because you bring RDM as flurry2 ***, doesn't mean that it can't DD with nukes... Though I guess that's the difference between a good and a bluh RDM.)
SMN is a hybrid job, your statement might have been true back in the 75era when there was only one BP timer... But that is not the case today.

SMN isnt a better buffer than a COR. They both have several of the same buffs, with SMN being better at some, and COR being better at some. Then there are buffs unique to each job, like SMN getting RR2, Hastega 2, while COR has Regain, Skillchain Bonus, Snapshot and more.

And when it comes to dishing out damage, COR has access to not only a powerful physical weapon skill in Last Stand, but also had Leaden Salute, which is comparable to pre-nerf Rudra's Storm.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-04-17 08:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Commenting on a tangent, etc. but it will never stop being amusing that people think traditionally grinding level 1 to whatever improved the quality of your peers. If you run into a level 99 idiot, it's because they're an idiot- period. Most competent players understand the ins and outs of a job before they've even started leveling it.

And honestly, ignoring how blatantly illogical that position is for a moment, how do you all not remember how awful everyone was in ye old FFXI. Like, everyone. Everyone was bad. At everything. The best of us were insisting that you only needed 85% accuracy, and that one minuet was better than a second march.

We've come such a long way as a playerbase; it's almost insulting that people gaze longingly at the dark ages.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-04-17 08:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

And for the sake of pretending I cared about the topic and not just getting a tangential word in- Idris is the only mythic that matters. Everything else is equally irrelevant, and should be made on the basis of amusement and amusement alone.

Generally I'd include a disclaimer about the tides turning and not putting all of your eggs in the current basket and whatnot, but considering major updates are coming to a close in the not so distant future, this is probably one paradigm that won't see itself shift.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 09:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I advocate the same thing I have always advocated.

If you care about the big numbers, be trendy and make the "hero of the day" weapon. Chances are you're also the type that will roll with the punches when that weapon gets outclassed and just replace it with The Next Big Thing™.

If you care about a specific job though, make the weapon(s) for that job. Because that way, even if it becomes obsolete, it's still a valued item for your favorite job(s). Especially in the case of Mythics.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-17 20:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez, it's not that I don't care about big numbers. I do care about big numbers. But I'm making Terpsichore because, while I care about big numbers, I care even more about looking absolutely fabulous while making them.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 23:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez, it's not that I don't care about big numbers. I do care about big numbers. But I'm making Terpsichore because, while I care about big numbers, I care even more about looking absolutely fabulous while making them.

Great...!...?

Not sure what this has to do with my comment really. You get a nice combination of both aspects! ^^
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-17 23:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

Great...!...?

Not sure what this has to do with my comment really. You get a nice combination of both aspects! ^^

I both care for the job and making big numbers.
 Leviathan.Cycerath
user: Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2015-04-18 12:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to say:
Burtgang
Idris (not technically mythic, but it's geo's version of one)
yagrush
can
Koga
By Damane 2015-04-18 23:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Idris
2. Epeolatry
3. Yagrush
4. Carnwenhan
5. any pet job mythic (- DRG)

those are the ones that impact their jobs the most
By dustinfoley 2015-04-20 09:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not counting dps, KKK actually became alot less useful with the last update.

Maneuvers lasting for 5 minutes makes overload a very little issue now, so basically the only thing KKK adds is -50 MA and 30% dmg to the best h2h ws.

Dont get me wrong i love my KKK and never regret getting it, but with changes to maneuvers i wish kenkonken added a tier to your maneuvers (aka 1 fire with kkk = 2 fire without).
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-04-20 10:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Maneuvers(and your automaton, for the most part) were useless outside of solo or pet-only situations, regardless. Even without having to concern yourself with burden, you still eviscerated your damage output by trying to involve your pet
By dustinfoley 2015-04-20 10:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You obviously havent been keeping up with pup.

Maneuvers cost no delay so there is no reason to not use them, and with taeon gear with acc/atk for master and pet haste for pet, its actually better overall dps for pups.

Sitting at 25% gear haste for pet and high enough acc/atk for master is huge.

Also id hardly call 43% pet haste, 15% atk, 30% DA, 5% crate among other things something that would 'eviscerate' my damage, considering all it costs me to get that is to hit deploy 1x per mob.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-04-20 10:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm referring to before that, which made up almost the entirety of PUP's existence
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-04-20 11:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Though I do agree people were generally more stupid at 75-cap, I find it hasn't really changed that much in regards to how they equip their characters. The main reason it seems like that have a bit more of clue, is, well, there are stats just splashed on everything, lol.

It was a lot obvious to see who didn't have a clue back then. Most pieces had specific optimal uses.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [130 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-08-28 20:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i love my main pup but i think im going for nirvana Escha ru`ann weapon is really nice for pup so i think shes good where she is.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 20:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh lord... this thread again.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13