Obama's Gay Egg Hunt!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Obama's Gay Egg Hunt!
Obama's Gay Egg Hunt!
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-21 18:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zellc said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
He has mastered the art of acting like he is trying to do something while actually doing nothing; like any really good lazy *** or union employee. He has little interest in actually helping gay Americans, but he sure loves their votes. ENDA is a joke. Don't be silly.

So all union employees dont do anything or just some? Is this a general statement or are you speaking of some individual from your past?

I think his problem is that since Unions grew in power, it's been a lot harder to lock your employees in the building as it burns down.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-21 18:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ENDA failed because of the GOP, specifically Boehner, who refused to put it to a vote that would pass. Blame Obama if you want, but you still have nothing.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-21 19:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

gay egg
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-04-21 19:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2014-04-21 19:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm offended that this counts as news...

I guess when you have little to nothing happening you have to create news.

When he isn't having Easter egg hunts Obama is wondering D.C. picking up litter on the streets.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot 2014-04-21 19:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Amandarius lets cry harder and spout off *** biased opinions about ***you don't really know anything about. Have you ever been to a Union site? Do you know any Union workers? Maybe you find cutting corners and putting others at risk to get get a job done faster to be better then taking longer to do a project while ensuring the safety of others, thus calling the Union Workers "lazy". I for one am a Union Worker, Local 12 Operating Engineers out of Las Vegas, and I bust my *** off all day the entire time I am on the clock. Wake up call, we get paid a lot of money to do what we do. Companies wouldn't be paying us what they do if we were "lazy". I don't know what you do for a living, but if we don't stay busy, guess what? we get run off the job or laid off.

As Far as Zicdeh's link, locking the doors was a common practice back then, and guess what it was done by both Union and Non-Union companies. It was also long before the creation of OSHA and MSHA which now prevent such horrific accidents. And the Unions were the ones to push to have that practice changed, while the Non-Union companies still wanted to lock the doors to protect their precious merchandise at the cost of their employees safety.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-04-21 20:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-21 20:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Buck Henderson union buster (Troy McClure voice)

[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-04-21 20:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
ENDA failed because of the GOP, specifically Boehner, who refused to put it to a vote that would pass. Blame Obama if you want, but you still have nothing.

It fails because it is a meaningless piece of feel-good legislation that can never be enforced unless you can read minds and even if you could the employer can just give another reason. It is a political stunt. They might as well just pass a law that says "Mean People Suck." Oh you are against this law you must like mean people or be a horrible person yourself.
By fonewear 2014-04-21 20:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a horrible person but not because of unions...mostly because I'm a white male.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-21 20:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It fails because it is a meaningless piece of feel-good legislation that can never be enforced unless you can read minds and even if you could the employer can just give another reason. It is a political stunt. They might as well just pass a law that says "Mean People Suck." Oh you are against this law you must like mean people or be a horrible person yourself.

Try harder. This is lame and boring, and pure fiction. Or just don't post, thats fine too. I'm more interested in hearing Bacon or Onorgul.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-21 21:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I see your point, but I have to disagree. As the current legislation in Mississippi and... the name of the other state is escaping me. Arizona? Anyhow, as they demonstrate, people really want to be able to say, "I hate you for an arbitrary and irrelevant reason." They could just shut up and discriminate, but they want the satisfaction.

Also, weren't you defending that legislation and the right to say, "Ewww, ***!"? Seems a little disingenuous to point out that I can be fired even if ENDA gets passed so long as they cam make up some other barely reasonable excuse beyond my sexuality (or gender or race or what have you).
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-04-21 21:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you got fired for being gay and could prove it, you would own the company in a year. ENDA is completely unnecessary and exists for the sole purpose of firing up the liberal base that really doesn't need to be fired up. They are pissed off 100% of the time all day, everyday regardless. Their only happiness is from celebrating the misfortune of a non-liberal.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-21 21:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you got fired for being gay and could prove it, you would own the company in a year.
How? It's not illegal to fire me for being gay. Definitely not in my state, anyhow; it could be in yours.

Virtually every company I know has a "We don't discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation" disclaimer (e.g., in their job opening ads on Monster), but they're neither obligated to put that their nor does the law require that.

And if you think there isn't a large contingent of conservatives who are, rightly or wrongly, spending 26 hours of every day being pissed off at Obama and Democrats and everything else that barely affects their lives but they've been told causes cancer and drinks the blood of virgins, you'd be out of your head. I know there are liberals who are nuts, but let's not pretend it is in any way unique to them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-21 21:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you live in one of these grey states, you most likely have no law to build a case upon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_employment_discrimination_in_the_United_States

ENDA would ensure equal protections throughout the country. And that's bad, apparently.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-21 21:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Its legal in 29 states to fire a person for being gay, its legal in 34 states to fire a person for being transgender. These are facts that the neocons ignore, allowing idiots like Boehner to say ENDA isn't necessary, when his state is one of the 29 that allows discrimination against gays.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-21 21:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Its legal in 29 states to fire a person for being gay, its legal in 34 states to fire a person for being transgender. These are facts that the neocons ignore, allowing idiots like Boehner to say ENDA isn't necessary, when his state is one of the 29 that allows discrimination against gays.
And how often do you hear that somebody got fired for being gay?
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-21 21:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh, go figure, state employees are protected. My state loathes employees of all stripes.

My city will protect based on gender identity; there was a case recently about that. I suppose I actually could sue if I was fired, then, since I'm sure my city must protect sexual orientation, too. Dunno how much traction city laws have with national corporations, though.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-21 21:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

All the time. Whats your point? Does that change the facts? Nope. Anything else?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-21 21:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

All the time. Whats your point? Does that change the facts? Nope. Anything else?
Name one time.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-21 21:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

a.) How often do you hear about anyone being fired?

b.) How often do you hear about someone being fired for being black? Doesn't really show up in the national news, must not really happen, so let's go ahead and repeal those laws.

If the law is literally never going to be used, exactly what is the harm in passing it? There's a law in Chicago (I think) that makes it a crime to tie a giraffe to a streetlamp. If that can be a law, then basic human protections should be law.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-21 21:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

lol

I've never heard of a problem personally so it must not happen.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-21 21:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just happened a few days ago in SC. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/18/south-carolina-lesbian-police-chief-crystal-moore_n_5170175.html

Its legal. It happens all the time. Even if it didn't, its legal. You have nothing to counter this, you can try to make things up like Aman or continue to post irrelevant questions, but it won't change the facts.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-21 21:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
a.) How often do you hear about anyone being fired?
One of my coworkers got fired today.

b.) How often do you hear about someone being fired for being black? Doesn't really show up in the national news, must not really happen, so let's go ahead and repeal those laws.
Most people who get fired, if not nearly all of them, are due to incompetence.

But liberals love finding fault when none exists.

"He got fired, and he is gay, so it shows that he was fired because he was gay!!!! Lets create legislation against that!!!!"

And people wonder why I say that government is very ineffective and inefficient...
If the law is literally never going to be used, exactly what is the harm in passing it?
Creating law where there is no reason for it is pointless. I can't believe this is an issue in the first place...
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-21 21:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Creating law where there is no reason for it is pointless. I can't believe this is an issue in the first place...

I see you went with making things up, bravo.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-21 21:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people who get fired, if not nearly all of them, are due to incompetence.

But liberals love finding fault when none exists.

"He got fired, and he is gay, so it shows that he was fired because he was gay!!!! Lets create legislation against that!!!!"

And people wonder why I say that government is very ineffective and inefficient...
While the bolded is probably true, what are you going to tell the person who actually did get fired for *** reasons? "Sorry you got fired for being gay. Try not to get caught being gay next time ^^"
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-21 21:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I was more surprised by this kind of willful blindness.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-21 22:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I see you went with making things up, bravo.

voter ID laws anyone?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-21 22:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I was more surprised by this kind of willful blindness.

I'm telling you, they just deny the existence of the LGBT. You can't discriminate or hate a group of people that doesn't exist, right? Hope for a Democrat supermajority, thats they only way you will ever get anything. The GOP will never help you, because you just don't exist to them.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-04-21 22:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow Vic has gone to just directly pandering to the LGBT peeps looooool.

Read up on that Police Chief story. Sounds like she got fired for an even more dubious reason than discrimination for being gay; in that she was on to and exposing the Mayor's own incompetence.
[+]