Theological Ramblings.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Theological ramblings.
Theological ramblings.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11
By Jetackuu 2014-06-15 00:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think it's funny that people conveniently exclude the fact that Hitler too was a Christian.
 Ragnarok.Overdragon
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Overdragon 2014-06-15 00:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. I'm a real person that believes that insults and subject changes when a point is made and not retort can be given, should not be used as a substitute for real study and objectivity.

The truth has legs and lies have none.

I encourage you to read a book (of an opposing view point) with an open mind. Then give an honest and unbiased opinion if the book.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Overdragon
By Ragnarok.Overdragon 2014-06-15 00:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitler can only be considered a Christian, if you apply liberal logic to it (the old I'm ok your ok tripe).
By Jetackuu 2014-06-15 00:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe that some people are too stupid and no amount of proving them of it will make them believe they are stupid.

I know that the Bible is a book of fables and myths, a lot of which were stolen and rewritten for it's own purpose by the powers that be at the time.

These words are not one in the same.
By Jetackuu 2014-06-15 00:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Overdragon said: »
Hitler can only be considered a Christian, if you apply liberal logic to it (the old I'm ok your ok tripe).
No, he's considered a Christian as he believed Jesus Christ was the son of God, as Catholics do.

But nice to know you're also one of the fools who like to use the word "liberal" as an insult, thanks.
 Ragnarok.Overdragon
By Ragnarok.Overdragon 2014-06-15 00:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are liberals always angry and feeled with pure self righteous violent hate for anyone that disagrees with their view point?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-06-15 00:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are liberals always angry and feeled with pure self righteous violent hate for anyone that disagrees with their view point?

News flash: I'm not a liberal, but if you want people to understand you, or take you seriously you may want to at least start using English at a level that's above that of a 5th grade student.

It's not that I disagree with your viewpoint, but that it's point blankly wrong, there's no agree/disagree, you're demonstratively wrong.

edit: also, unlike a lot of religious folk, I'm not a violent or a person filled with hate, but nice projection.
 Ragnarok.Overdragon
By Ragnarok.Overdragon 2014-06-15 00:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand. You have decided that thinking for yourself and doing your own research it far too much to ask. Hmmmm. Maybe you are just someone paid to keep this hate going and others just follow you slavishly because they don't know better.

If that is the case. Then my friend you have planted seeds and you will eat what you are growing.

This usually happens close to home try to get your attention. I hope the money is really good.

If not then. You need level headed and unbiased friends. Hate is not good for you.

Sleep well.
By Jetackuu 2014-06-15 00:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand. You have moved beyond thinking for yourself. Hmmmm. Maybe you are just someone paid to keep this hate going and others just follow you slavishly because they don't know better.

If that is the case. Then my friend you have planted seeds and you will eat what you are growing.

This usually happens close to home try to get your attention. I hope the money is really good.

If not then. You need level headed and unbiased friends. Hate is not good for you.

Sleep well.

You're right, I think for myself and others, as often there are people incapable of thinking, as you so kindly demonstrated.

ah but I don't hate, that's the beauty of it.

Edit: I prefer meat to plants btw, could use some Bacon.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-15 01:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought Hitler was really big into Judaism.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-15 01:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Too soon?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-15 01:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Too soon?
It's been like 70 years.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-06-15 01:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, which one of you is really Overdragon? We've all had a good laugh, but it's a bit too melodramatic to be believable.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-15 01:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Not I. I would just that to Jet myself if I wanted to. We're good like that. No need for all this 2nd account nonsense. Not my style.
By Altimaomega 2014-06-15 02:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just curious to know how many times Jet has to say he is not a liberal. It seems everyone thinks he is a liberal except him and other liberals.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-06-15 02:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't read enough of Jet's opinions to really place him, at least as far as fiscal choices go. He's definitely on the libertarian side, however.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-15 02:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Ok, which one of you is really Overdragon? We've all had a good laugh, but it's a bit too melodramatic to be believable.

I bet it's the guy with the dragon avatar. Wait, crap, no.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-06-15 02:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I haven't read enough of Jet's opinions to really place him, at least as far as fiscal choices go. He's definitely on the libertarian side, however.
You place me on the libertarian "side" on fiscal policies?

really?
By Jetackuu 2014-06-15 02:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
I'm just curious to know how many times Jet has to say he is not a liberal. It seems everyone thinks he is a liberal except him and other people who know what they're talking about regardless of political leanings.
ftfy

Just because others on this site disagree with you, it doesn't make them liberals.

But again, with the neocon "US vs Them" mentality.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-06-15 03:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
You place me on the libertarian "side" on fiscal policies?

really?
Ah... I modified that sentence after writing it. It changed the implication. I mean you're on the libertarian side of politics generally. I don't know how you fall fiscally, but as far as libertarian vs. authoritarian, you are assuredly on the libertarian side.

Then again, that's based on your stance of weaponry. You believe everyone should have access to everything, which is a very hard line stance toward personal liberty and responsibility. If it doesn't extend past that, apologies for my assumption.
By Jetackuu 2014-06-15 03:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, carry on then.

I could rant on for hours about human nature and how best to govern it and ethical problems that arise when a people are ruled, but what fun is that? Don't we have more mud slinging to do?

edit: that being said, I do hold some rather libertarian views, but I don't like a lot of that party's platform, as it's kind of based in delusions.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-06-15 04:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The party libertarian and the idea libertarian are very far from one another. The Libertarian party is libertarian in nature, but they're also slanted mid-far right; they are a subset of, but do not define the idea.

The Libertarian party is in the +X, -Y section of the graph.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-15 05:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Normally I'd have a problem with that kind of graph, as it is obviously skewed a bit based on where they could reasonably fit the heads so that they don't overlap and the political spectrum itself is somewhat objective. However, the awesomeness of Peter Kropotkin's beard makes my argument invalid. Please continue.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-15 08:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, Jet is a librarian?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-06-15 11:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
I don't see that typo, but no. While I do like the purpose and concept of cataloging books and other reference material. I wait for the day that we have digital libraries, but in the future I imagine that the brick and mortar libraries will be a thing of the past, short of for museums/historical purposes.

But that's just one possibility.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-15 11:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
I don't see that typo, but no. While I do like the purpose and concept of cataloging books and other reference material. I wait for the day that we have digital libraries, but in the future I imagine that the brick and motor libraries will be a thing of the past, short of for museums/historical purposes.

But that's just one possibility.

brick and motor...
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-06-15 11:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

typos, fixed.

Sorry, I've been using my laptop for like 2 weeks and I moved it's position, not the best to type from at the moment.

I had to move and I don't have my desk set back up properly to sit at it at the moment.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-15 11:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just having a laugh to lighten the mood.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-15 13:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

A librarian at the old brick and motor store.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [166 days between previous and next post]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-11-28 21:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

A theological point to think about:

In both Jewish and Christian theology the messiah MUST be descended from the male lineage of King David. Therefor the whole tree of Jesse thing.

But if Christ is divine he has NO male lineage. Virgin birth....

So either Christ can be the savior, born of a not virgin Mary fathered by Joseph, OR he is divine and cannot be the savior.

Take your pick.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11