Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Enuyasha 2014-02-18 17:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Wulfshadow said: »
Enuyasha said: »
Ragnarok.Yatenkou said: »
Was Delve reduced in this update?
yea, but you cant duo the outside NMs, saw a duo try it while i was killing mandies for RoE. they wiped at like 60%.

edit: mustve been a pair of bads.
yeah, it's a doozy, I remember when we first popped it. despite the changes it's going to be harder than ever, so don't even attempt to touch it without a full alliance.

The ambiguity level of your post is over 9000.

its a general "It" but if you want to know which NM, it was the chapuli. (I thought i typed that, but i guess i didnt.)
 Carbuncle.Jysthea
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Jysthea
By Carbuncle.Jysthea 2014-02-18 18:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Soloed Raptor+Chapuli post update, much easier.
Kurma still has too much damn defense+hp for me to do it within the time limit -_-
Kurma stomp/Raptor chomp/Orthopterror are not even close to 1 shot material. I dont know if they gimped those moves or not. All magic attacks from NMs are still extremely dangerous (1k-1300+) though from my tests. So I guess they just cut the hp.

Pretty sure 2-3 people in RoE only gear could kill all the outside ones now.

Eaily solo'd Kurma in < 10 minutes, Pieste too.

(yes solo'd with a 2box argue argue blahblah SOLO)

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-02-18 18:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

For magic defense in my gear im at ~20%mdt +20mdb in my dt/hybrid set. I'm not sure if I have enough data samples to know for sure how well that works out to getting useful resist data on incoming damage.

Out of all the breath damage tp spam from kurma and raptor, the numbers were extremely consistent. When i mean consistent I mean 4 of the raptor breaths did exactly 999 damage and others very close to that. I saw only a ~20hp variance in Kurma breath damage which was always in the low 400s.
These were all done Dnc/Run pure solo, didnt use runes on raptor of obv reason.
 Cerberus.Halticus
Server: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-02-18 18:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured out the new recipe for the Ra'Kaznar Ingot. its x1 Ra'Kaznar ore, x3 Darksteel ore. I'm at 100 smithing + 10 and got a .1 skill up. Hope this helps ^^
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-02-18 18:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

As for magic evasion, all the status effects were still landing on me most of the time.
I resisted silencega/graviga/orthopterror/choke effect only a handful of times with almost 300 magic evasion, it still doesn't seem to be of much help on that front.
For the raptor I never resisted any of the additional status down effects that come with his tp moves.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Craptaculous
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Craptaculous 2014-02-18 19:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siral said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Phoenix.Craptaculous said: »
Anyone notice that if you have a pet out before entering a Colonization reive (at least the new zone ones for sure, I haven't checked old ones yet), your pet does 0 dmg. Yet, if you call out a new pet while in the the reive, it deals dmg fine?

I can confirm that I soloed a couple reives in Kamhir post-update with PUP, with my automaton activated before entering the Colonization Reive. No unusual issues.

Lair reives seem to work fine because I have solo'ed them. But Colonization reives both me and a SMN had to resummon pet for it to start doing damage.

so for sure it works fine in other colonization reives, but Outer Ra'Kaznar it does not. I have to re-callbeast, resummon, re-activate, etc a new pet
 Caitsith.Crunch
Server: Caitsith
user: CrumbD
By Caitsith.Crunch 2014-02-19 00:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Kazumha said: »
Pantafernando said: »
So, someone manage to proc tojil?

Maybe using the elemental dmg to dispel aura?
If im not mistaken the proc !! is for wildskeeper jazz.

Delve shark proc'd when we did thunder dmg to dispel aura.
Didn't do anything special, think it's just there to tell you that you've removed the aura and changed it's stance.
 Phoenix.Craptaculous
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Craptaculous 2014-02-19 12:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news22837.shtml

SE said:
- An issue wherein certain survival skill effects are occasionally not activated when pets attack the "Amaranth Barrier" during the colonization reive in the "Outer Ra’Kaznar" area.

should be fixed now :)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-02-20 17:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
For magic defense in my gear im at ~20%mdt +20mdb in my dt/hybrid set. I'm not sure if I have enough data samples to know for sure how well that works out to getting useful resist data on incoming damage.

Out of all the breath damage tp spam from kurma and raptor, the numbers were extremely consistent. When i mean consistent I mean 4 of the raptor breaths did exactly 999 damage and others very close to that. I saw only a ~20hp variance in Kurma breath damage which was always in the low 400s.
These were all done Dnc/Run pure solo, didnt use runes on raptor of obv reason.

MDT and MDB do absolutely nothing for breath damage, you need -BDT or generic -DT. Breath's tend to do damage based on HP with a fixed upper cap that NM's almost always hit.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-02-20 17:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok big question cause I've heard a bunch of conflicting stuff. Do we know how the scaling on Delve works now? Is it 6/12/18 steps or linear 6~18? Not just HP but also Attack / Defense / Evasion / ect. Trying to determine if it's worthwhile bringing in a few extra past 6.
 Shiva.Siral
Server: Shiva
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-02-20 17:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Ok big question cause I've heard a bunch of conflicting stuff. Do we know how the scaling on Delve works now? Is it 6/12/18 steps or linear 6~18? Not just HP but also Attack / Defense / Evasion / ect. Trying to determine if it's worthwhile bringing in a few extra past 6.

Pretty Sure is HP only, Attack/moves/tp usage is exactly the same.

HP is different between 7 or 8 players etc etc.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-02-20 17:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

what is the purpose of proccing in delve? what does it do, and how do you do it
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-02-20 17:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
what is the purpose of proccing in delve? what does it do, and how do you do it

It's not procing, it's just an indicator that the NM has shifted into it's next phase. It happens around 75/50/25% HP.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8