New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 2/17/14 Update Discussion
2/17/14 Update Discussion
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By darthmaull 2014-02-17 18:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I went out to try RUN. One change I've noticed so far looks like SE may have upped the effectiveness of runes. I went out to play with an Uragnite so I could test Swipe and found that with just one Sulpor up I was able to resist Venom Shell Everytime. Once Sulpor wore Venom Shell landed Everytime no matter what other rune I had up. So far 3 Lux Runes give me 415 hp although I did see one spike for 421. I'm not sure how I got that. 3 runes of any other type gives less then Lux as some people speculated. I'm still testing.

Edit: There is more to this. Vivacious Pulse gave me 400+ hp also with 3 Tellus and 3 Ignis up. I tried with 3 Sulpor while poisoned and it gave me 388 but poison wore soon after. This definitely needs more testing.
[+]
 Shiva.Siral
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-02-17 18:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Shiva.Siral said: »
VT umbrils in outer with 119 weapon. fun fun. Wonder if there is a specific KI like there is in other zones to travel past certain parts.
oh my god, that'll be massive exp per hour for blm if there is a solid camp. Any weather?

Seems to be constant dark weather. Been here an hour and it hasn't changed.

Phoenix.Baelorn said: »
I was able to solo them pretty easily but they were really spaced out. Only 2 in each spot.

Side note, anyone know where Ancestral cloth comes from? I killed pretty much everything there and never saw it.
I heard fomors dropped it but can not confirm.
 Shiva.Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-02-17 18:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

at J-5 past the lair reive you're able to target the Fluturini through the door. They are EM at 119, Seems to do Palling Salvo AOE damage and bio, and Shining Salvo AOE damage and flash.
 Asura.Ivykyori
Server: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-02-17 18:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

K, so...I got Prishe, but I didn't completely finish the quest until just now. Maybe it has something to do with finishing CoP before the update?
 Odin.Bellincion
Server: Odin
By Odin.Bellincion 2014-02-17 18:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivykyori said: »
K, so...I got Prishe, but I didn't completely finish the quest until just now. Maybe it has something to do with finishing CoP before the update?

this makes no sense it seems to be flawed some where, I got ulmia and went back to try prishe again but same thing the door is locked.
By pchan 2014-02-17 18:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

All formors drop the cloth at 1/5 drop rate ish with thief.

New skirmish visage come from clearing reives. Got 2.

Did one skirmish with tier IV body, 1 hour long run. Finished with 5 minutes left. There is a primary objective of getting 60 fragments, and a secondary of 120. Normal mobs give 1 fragment, chests can give 30 fragments and can be a mimic, and various NMs drom 30 ish fragments. NMs we encountered were urmargh type, behemoth type, acuex type, dullahan, ironclad, and 6-sword type VW mob. Went with MNK afterglow x2, DDB/GH/carwenhan x2 bards, yagrushx2 WHM (lol) and cleared secondary objective with 4 minutes left. It's easy though, but lot's of time wasted running like rala and only got a mab mid run. Noetics can give 4 or 6 fragments twice (with legs II). Got plenty of stones type, ghasty wailing etc, several +1, and an item called dullahan armor with seems to be a crafting mat as well as wings.

Wings are used to buy the KI to get otronif +1 gear. Seems you need 6 per upgrade with sucks plenty.
[+]
 Shiva.Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-02-17 18:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the shunned mobs on lower floor drop ancestral cloth at a decent drop rate, but are heavily camped. You can go down the vines to get to the basement but not up them. if you go to the center there is an elevator that takes you back to floor 1 where you can explore the west side of floor 1.
 Asura.Ivykyori
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-02-17 19:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Bellincion said: »
Asura.Ivykyori said: »

this makes no sense it seems to be flawed some where, I got ulmia and went back to try prishe again but same thing the door is locked.

That is weird. I just went to check if I could get Ulmia, and I was able to get her with no issues. Hope they fix it for those who have this issue. My husband was really looking forward to Prishe.
 Shiva.Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-02-17 19:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you make it to the very west side of map 1 there is a teleporter looking thing but when you stand in it(nothign to target)you get a CS and a key item: Silver Plate. Not sure what it does.

[+]
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-02-17 19:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a little piece of common sense, with the insane prices that people have suddenly put forgottens at.. if 30~50 of forgottens you need cost more than the 2 100 pieces, you're better off just buying the 100 pieces.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-02-17 19:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

or best off buying none at all and letting the price go back down c:
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2014-02-17 19:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Patch is posted to my website.
http://tehkrizz.net/FFXI/downloads.php

Working on updating Altana Viewer. If you're interested, keep an eye on the thread.
[+]
 Shiva.Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-02-17 22:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Labeled maps best I could from what I did. You can't access all the Colonization Reives or other areas of the map because of walls. I've tried multiple ways but some areas are impossible to access as of now.

I didn't draw where the walls were because rumor is that Colonization % affects which walls are down

The vines are drops only, but The Elevator you can take up or down.

I drew my path to the silvery plate. And then drew as far as I could get into the zone. I assume the Dead End lead to a zone in a future update (Inner Ra'Kaznar if I had to guess).

If anyone has any critical information please let me know so I can try to update it.

I'm half asleep so there may be some mistakes.

I updated OP with all information so feel free to direct people there if they have any questions.
[+]
 Valefor.Oxt
user: oxt77
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-17 22:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps I missed this in the patch notes but is anyone else constantly losing your target while fighting it? The mobs disappears and reappears.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-02-17 22:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Happening to me, too. Not sure if it's game or windower related :x
[+]
 Valefor.Oxt
user: oxt77
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-17 22:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I just //unload all and it's still happening. hmmm
 Shiva.Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-02-17 22:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Upgraded Relic Gear: Thanks Prothescar/Kincard for this info:

Updated relic mats needed in OP too. It's based on job/slot.

Also I've heard of the blinking issue. Is it when you're in delve you experience it? I think it's because of so much lag going on from all servers doing delve.

time for bed.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-02-17 22:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

so are you able to keep your ToTM augments when you reforge the relics? Or would you neeed to reforge another relic piece and keep augmented +2s for the effects?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2014-02-17 22:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone found that key item after starting RUN relic quest?
 Shiva.Nolispe
user: nolispe
By Shiva.Nolispe 2014-02-17 22:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It has been stated over 4 times in this thread that once you get your item to 109 IT ALREADY HAS THE AUGMENT ON IT.

Quote:
109 has the relic augments regardless of how you upgrade it. You can go from nq to 109 and it'll put the augment on there for you.
By Enuyasha 2014-02-17 22:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nolispe said: »
It has been stated over 4 times in this thread that once you get your item to 109 IT ALREADY HAS THE AUGMENT ON IT.

Quote:
109 has the relic augments regardless of how you upgrade it. You can go from nq to 109 and it'll put the augment on there for you.
cool, thanks.
By pchan 2014-02-18 01:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Like all loser that wait months prior to getting content. Seeing as 119relic were appealing enough to have people drop millions on mats for them, there is potentially a decent money to do on this ***in dynamis with coins and forgotten. From the look of it the stats on relic are decent at least compared to af. I can see AF mat sinking in price and and everyone and there sister going to farm dynamis.

At the end the rule "farm ADL => buy forgotten/coins/wiling stone +2" is going to be true as always lol.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-02-18 02:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if they enhanced the Augmented affects for the upgraded relic armor?

Example, drks enhancement was +10 seconds of blood weapon for +2 armor. Did they extend lengths?
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
Server: Bismarck
user: Sigmund
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2014-02-18 04:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Outer Ra'Kaznar Lair reive (Dimensional Tether) confirmed drops JSE cape.
[+]
 Shiva.Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-02-18 05:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

updated op with GEO quest

GEO RELIC QUEST: Thanks to Kensagaku over at BG for info.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-02-18 05:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i really miss the stfu pchan gif
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-02-18 05:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Like all loser that wait months prior to getting content. Seeing as 119relic were appealing enough to have people drop millions on mats for them, there is potentially a decent money to do on this ***in dynamis with coins and forgotten. From the look of it the stats on relic are decent at least compared to af. I can see AF mat sinking in price and and everyone and there sister going to farm dynamis.

At the end the rule "farm ADL => buy forgotten/coins/wiling stone +2" is going to be true as always lol.

Now with people soloing adl, so maybe can duo/trio with smn with ease, i would be worried if marrows start to flood in market, so the prices drop.

Lately ive seem a lot of marrows in bazaar. Currency stage is the most problematic atm, and prob will keep being harder till they can give empy and mythic some nerf or ease to farm. So the demand for marrows will keep droping.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-18 05:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So, someone manage to proc tojil?

Maybe using the elemental dmg to dispel aura?
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-02-18 05:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

what drops those 2 cloths? umbrils?
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-02-18 06:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siral said: »

Also I've heard of the blinking issue. Is it when you're in delve you experience it? I think it's because of so much lag going on from all servers doing delve.

Was happening to me in voidwatch, and only voidwatch. Went into dyna and didn't have a problem. Haven't really done anything else in the game though
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8