Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 68 69 70
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-12-03 13:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. About what I thought lol
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-12-03 14:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to note, was the swaps working properly? Fab. Was having issues with it so I want site if it was a set on his end or on my end. If it doesn't work, it doesn't no biggie, I tried. Just want to make sure you were not having same issues as I can't test it. Sorry guys. :(
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-12-03 14:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

np ^^ swap manually is not a big deal.
[+]
By chads 2017-12-03 15:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an accurate way to calculate Store TP needed for an x-hit build for SS frame? VE is easy but I don't know how to account for ranged attacks/multi hit procs on SS. Also is VSmite better than Stringing Pummel with Kenkonken? I know the STR mod pulls it ahead but does the 30% damage bonus in KKK push SP enough?
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-12-03 16:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Just to note, was the swaps working properly?

yep just missing that

elseif command == 'DelayedPetAftercast' then
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
--equip(sets.TP[sets.TP.Mode[_modeTPi]])

end

without, the gear swap but after 1s, didn't go back in the engage/iddle set selected.
The gear swap correctly at the same time the ws proc (check if with //gs show_swaps() )
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-04 09:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
a very big one

For the extra elemental capacity, what are you adding with those slots for tanking? I'm assuming flashbulb/of1+2/ark4 is what you're going for with light?

Also, I saw it mentioned before but just want to confirm: a good pet ws set (have to eyeball the tp) is vit+dex mods for Bonecrusher?
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-12-04 10:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bonecrusher is VIT only.
Dex is for the ranged pet ws like armor shat etc
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-04 10:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So just herc and stack VIT/acc/attk and that's that? I forget if pet herc gear can get da augments, or if that's only with Dark matter
By Nariont 2017-12-04 10:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideally herc augments look like pet stat+15, acc/atk+25 or so, and da/crit+4 iirc. But good luck getting high numbers on just 1 of those let alone all 3.
By Aerix 2017-12-04 10:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Crit+ only applies to String Shredder since that's the only WS with an innate Crit chance. Unless you can't get anything better than Crit+ on Herculean augments, you should aim for DA as both Bone Crusher and String Shredder would benefit from it.
[+]
By Nariont 2017-12-04 11:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

True though atleast in my experience most high da or crit rolls will happen in pairs much like alluvion so i just list them as one. Hurdle remains getting a decent spread and not something like vit +15 acc/atk+12/regen+2. But if you want to save space just having a vit set and a dex set for ranged will go a long way though you can rep dex for agi and have it double as a knockout set as testing by clearlyamule in either a few pages back this thread or the puppet ws thread had agi = dex on our supposed higher mod WS like arcu and daze, and knockouts no slouch of a WS either
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-12-04 11:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'm reading is this comes down to preference. You don't NEED both, and for a frugal pup, the best option is whichever one is the cheapest in the long

This exact argument between Rao and Taeon for tanking has reiterated several times in the thread. if you read thru a bit more, or skimmed you would have seen all the arguments already.

should read further before I replied.
 Asura.Fabiano
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2017-12-04 12:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The think issue I was running into, after much testing with Elidyr's awesome script, seemed to be related to the fact that I was using Motes.

What seemed to be happening is mote's pet_aftercast was triggering immediately upon detecting the Automaton Weaponskill. So the order of events was the Automaton WS occurs, then motes pet_aftercast triggers, then Elidyr's WS gear swap in occurs, then the delayedPetAftercast happens. I think the pet_aftercast is conflicting with the swap in from elidyr's script and causing it to be late.

So while gs showswaps was showing the gear swap in correctly in time, the actual damage numbers from the weaponskills were showing that the gear did NOT swap in in time. (ie: 9k arcuballistas instead of 13k with pet ws set)

I could be wrong since I'm not super savvy with gs, but that seemed to be the behavior I was observing. I'm not sure how to disable pet_aftercast in motes, so I think I would need a non-motes PUP GS to really test... If anyone happens to have that, I'd appreciate a PM of it!

so close to getting it to work >_<
By clearlyamule 2017-12-04 14:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Before you spend more on your Teaon, though, also consider, with Overdrive, Coilers and one Thunder maneuver, you will be at 98% DA without any gear taken into consideration.
This reminds me I've been meaning to ask about this. Coilers among many of the attachment pages are somewhat lacking in references in some what. Namely here coiler 2 has none listed. And neither seem to show any reference to if OF works with them. Has there been any testing with samples given or another note from SE just telling us?

On another note while yes your DA rate is does appear capped with thunder and overdrive it's not that easy. Since SE took back their promise of being able to set ws you kind of have to give up thunder maneuver to bonecrusher if it's not ending a skillchain.

Also this is more speculation at this point but some recent stuff has made me think coiler might actually be some form of OAT. Reasons: Well one it says additional attack, given the small pdif ranges at capped and how easy it is to cap with OD it's really easy to see how many hits connect and long experience ODing tons of things with coilers and thunder you very consistently get 4 hits which makes sense if it can only proc once at near 100% rate, but well doing the frog a ton of times without thunder not too often but usually 1-2 per fight get a 5 hitter.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-12-04 15:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Before you spend more on your Teaon, though, also consider, with Overdrive, Coilers and one Thunder maneuver, you will be at 98% DA without any gear taken into consideration.
This reminds me I've been meaning to ask about this. Coilers among many of the attachment pages are somewhat lacking in references in some what. Namely here coiler 2 has none listed. And neither seem to show any reference to if OF works with them. Has there been any testing with samples given or another note from SE just telling us?

On another note while yes your DA rate is does appear capped with thunder and overdrive it's not that easy. Since SE took back their promise of being able to set ws you kind of have to give up thunder maneuver to bonecrusher if it's not ending a skillchain.

Also this is more speculation at this point but some recent stuff has made me think coiler might actually be some form of OAT. Reasons: Well one it says additional attack, given the small pdif ranges at capped and how easy it is to cap with OD it's really easy to see how many hits connect and long experience ODing tons of things with coilers and thunder you very consistently get 4 hits which makes sense if it can only proc once at near 100% rate, but well doing the frog a ton of times without thunder not too often but usually 1-2 per fight get a 5 hitter.

Yeah, it is different if soloing, but if with other DDs or even other automatons, Inhibitors already override manuevers when it comes to selecting which WS the automation will use. It is a matter of preference, as so much of PUP is, but I really like Inhibitors for the STP so I accept the WS used is going to be whatever.
If not using Inhibitors, then Pet:STP gear will be better than DA gear, probably. So... Yeah. Kind of a Catch 22 there, I guess.

Any testing would go back to this thread:
So you wanna tank on PUP, by Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By clearlyamule 2017-12-04 15:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So just herc and stack VIT/acc/attk and that's that? I forget if pet herc gear can get da augments, or if that's only with Dark matter
Ideally you'd like all relevant stats but reisin system being what it is aim for max stat and some acc and then I'd recommend moving on. Like say just getting 15 vit ~1/105 (7 possible stats pretending it's even though definitely seems pretty biased. Like gotten hardly much for mages and crazy amounts of dex. Distribution of amounts though is) getting some accuracy should be around 50% but good amounts will obviously be a bit lower.

Not sure anyones mathed likelihood of getting fern type augments with other stones but it's pretty low which is why it's not really recommend similar situation trying to get stats with non taupe stones stones
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-12-04 15:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

Yeah, it is different if soloing, but if with other DDs or even other automatons, Inhibitors already override manuevers when it comes to selecting which WS the automation will use. It is a matter of preference, as so much of PUP is, but I really like Inhibitors for the STP so I accept the WS used is going to be whatever.
If not using Inhibitors, then Pet:STP gear will be better than DA gear, probably. So... Yeah. Kind of a Catch 22 there, I guess.

Any testing would go back to this thread:
So you wanna tank on PUP, by Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Also depends on where you're getting your tp :).

And yeah been thru that thread that's kind of what I meant... it says not thoroughly tested and no samples/testing posted. It's something that plagues a lot of pup info. A few mystery numbers or things just stated in a thread randomly or something lifted from jp wiki. Some of it has documented testing or from the mouth of SE but also they'd had a lot of attachments have been updated without saying which in the last couple of years so might be a good idea to reverify things. rng auto still does weird stuff that doesn't jive with their numbers
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-04 16:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i think most of the attachments had officiall numbers posted on OF somewhere. probably was just a pain in the *** to whoever was editing the pages to keep referencing it.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-04 16:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

a very big one

For the extra elemental capacity, what are you adding with those slots for tanking? I'm assuming flashbulb/of1+2/ark4 is what you're going for with light?

Re: 1200 gift, it's certainly significant. HOWEVER... sometimes it's overstated how "necessary" that is. For the vast majority of mobs you might tank with a PUP, they are just as easily tanked with only the 100 gift. Most of the time, the likelihood of your puppet being truly in risk of death is down to mechanics that probably won't matter whether you have the extra elemental capacity.

It's true there are a handful of mobs where it's a real difference. Say, D~VD froggie in this month's Ambuscade, Escha Seiryu. But assuming you have solid tanking gear, it is generally pretty safe to tank a very large variety of content. That would include any Omen boss tanking and the lion's share of PUP-friendly Geas Fete targets.

I am not at all trying to imply that 1200 gift isn't great - it certainly is and it's well worth working toward. But it's not an absolute must have for tanking relevant content.

As for attachments: yeah, light attachments with 1200 gift would be OF1&2, Flashbulb, ARK4 (10 light capacity, from Soulsoother head/VE body). If you have only 100 gift/8 capacity, generally the best approach is OF2/Flashbulb/ARK3.

Other mandatory tanking attachments are Strobe 1&2, and as many Mana Jammers and Armor Plates as you can equip (unless you're fighting targets that almost exclusively focus on magic or physical, in which case the other type is obviously unnecessary). You'll still have a few slots to play around with for optional stuff: Galvanizer (counter), stuff like Steam Jacket or Analyzer, offensive attachments, etc.

It is a matter of preference, as so much of PUP is, but I really like Inhibitors for the STP so I accept the WS used is going to be whatever.

I swear, especially now that we have Speedloaders, just dropping the WS selection logic from the Inhibitors entirely and making them Store TP attachments ONLY would be my single most wanted change to PUP. It's also a totally reasonable and easily implemented request...
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-12-04 17:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i think most of the attachments had officiall numbers posted on OF somewhere. probably was just a pain in the *** to whoever was editing the pages to keep referencing it.
I'd estimate about half and from what I can tell most of those are referenced. But a lot of it has been over the years so like newer tiers or exact changes never got done. So like coiler info is given 2 wasn't. And I suspect some have been changed without specifying given we had several attachments have been changed without saying which ones or just saying one... though the 2nd could just be their silly way of forgetting pluralization means something

Lower tier armor plates were given and we were told it was changed to pdt but the values not given. And definitely found wrong info on AP4 page
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-04 17:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
It's true there are a handful of mobs where it's a real difference. Say, D~VD froggie in this month's Ambuscade, Escha Seiryu. But assuming you have solid tanking gear, it is generally pretty safe to tank a very large variety of content. That would include any Omen boss tanking and the lion's share of PUP-friendly Geas Fete targets.

I am not at all trying to imply that 1200 gift isn't great - it certainly is and it's well worth working toward. But it's not an absolute must have for tanking relevant content.

As for attachments: yeah, light attachments with 1200 gift would be OF1&2, Flashbulb, ARK4 (10 light capacity, from Soulsoother head/VE body). If you have only 100 gift/8 capacity, generally the best approach is OF2/Flashbulb/ARK3.

This is insightful. From someone who has 100JP Gift, I'll say I can definitely see the difference in my auto's survivability vs a master PUP In this month's VD frog. I can have my auto stay alive for quite a few minutes if I properly time and space out my Repairs and switch to double light whenever my Repair timers are not favorable. But without a doubt, unless I'm using OD, I retrieve my pet for a second, or I'm just really lucky, my automaton will die eventually, perhaps after 4 minutes or so of normal light/fire/water swapping. I have very decent DT gear so it's not that (I don't think). I feel like the extra capacity would help me out a bit. And then there are times (like last night) where I actually managed to outtank a master PUP, though it could have just been because I was more familiar with the fight than he was. But the added gifts in between 100-2100 absolutely make a difference.

Thanks also for the attachments. That's really where the issue lies: I don't have any regen gear in my DT set outside of cape, so I'm going with OF1/2+ARK4 (can't afford to use 3). Having only the 100 gift does not disqualify you from tanking for a good bit, but my life will be easier and i'll stress less when I hit 1200/master.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-04 17:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh by the way, quick PSA... don't forget to log in any mains and mules for free Red Mog Pells, good for a free stack of Skirmish +1 stones for anyone wanting to augment some Taeon gear. Very timely, with our recent detailed discussion of the still very relevant Taeon gear over the past 2-3 pages.

It's a weekly reward for the Adventure Gratitude campaign that began November 12 and continues through the end of December. There are 4 initial rewards (Eschad Ring, Red Crab mount, Kupofried cipher, Vanaclock). A character who has all four gets a Red Pell instead, so even if you're not quite there yet, keep checking in weekly (with the Conquest weekly reset).

Can grab rewards on mains and any mules, so you can really load up on stones if you have multiple mules. Should also help availability in general (and drive prices down) as people try to sell them - especially as a lot of people who have lots of mules are now 4/4 on the items and will be getting weekly pells from here on out.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-07 11:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a max Auto HP set? Mostly want to make sure I'm not forgetting any weird augments or accessories that would beat rao+foire tobe and overbearing
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-07 12:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a max Auto HP set? Mostly want to make sure I'm not forgetting any weird augments or accessories that would beat rao+foire tobe and overbearing

Gnafron's Adargas are a significant HP/MP boost (should be the most HP from any single gear slot) if for whatever reason you're more interested in HP than you are in the other relevant stats on alternate tanking H2H. Trulusia's comment on the FFXIAH description seems accurate: "Adds 7.91%HP and 15.72%MP. Applies to base automaton HP/MP AFTER Auto Repair Kits and Mana Tanks are considered".

Naga feet (path D) are also somewhat notable with a pretty big chunk of HP (Automaton HP+100) for a Rao alternative with better offensive stats. Though, same HP as NQ Rao and would lose to the HQ.

Other than that, I think you've covered it all. Only thing that might still be a thing are the mini-expansion random reward rings/earrings from battlefield keys, I can't recall if pet HP was a possible augment on them (don't think it was though).
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-07 12:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's for burst repair numbers, not really for tanking.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-07 12:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sitting outside with Pamama at 5111 HP using Gnafron's, NQ Rao x5, Overbearing. ARK IV and III, OF1, no food. Confirmed it is the case that the Gnafron's HP increase is calculated AFTER ARKs (and before any additional HP from gear).

Obviously not really the most practical set, even just for Repair purposes, but fun to see the puppet breaking 5k HP.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-07 12:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

40% of max health in one burst is a lot. No reason not to do it, really. Especially when most of the items used have other uses.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-07 12:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

40% of max health in one burst is a lot. No reason not to do it, really. Especially when most of the items used have other uses.

Yeah, I just mean I can't see a scenario where I'd want my equipped light attachments to be ARK III & IV and OF1 (to maximize the HP gain from Gnafron's). Any practical situation, I'd use different attachments.

As for swapping into your max pet HP gear for Repair, totally agreed. I'd generally use AF feet though for a default Repair set for their status removal, not HP gear in that slot.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-07 12:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a toggle in my ashita xml where I can decide whether I need to use debuff removal or not
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-07 13:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a toggle in my ashita xml where I can decide whether I need to use debuff removal or not

That works. If anyone else reading this doesn't have such a toggle, I'd say it's pretty safe to leave feet as AF - if you only do one repair set, that's probably the bigger value as it's quite important when removing a debuff is relevant. Can't really imagine the small difference to initial repair HP burst from lacking HP gear in that one slot would be a very meaningful difference in any practical situation (I can barely think of any situation where I Repair and don't feel safe immediately and see the puppet back at full HP very quickly).

But Austar makes a really good point that equipping pet HP gear for Repair will help get a bigger initial chunk of HP - nice tip!
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 68 69 70