Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 68 69 70
By clearlyamule 2017-12-07 13:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
40% of max health in one burst is a lot. No reason not to do it, really. Especially when most of the items used have other uses.
Also you lose out on some regen!
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-07 13:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You can cap potency and still stack HP in other slots, though
By clearlyamule 2017-12-07 14:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Confirmed it is the case that the Gnafron's HP increase is calculated AFTER ARKs (and before any additional HP from gear).
I'm a tad confused how can it be after arks but before hp gear when ARKs are after hp gear?
By clearlyamule 2017-12-07 14:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't find any info on a cap but can only get 30% in non pet hp slots
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-07 14:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
yeah. but you can still cap and put HP in other slots even if you want to use a more regen based repair. That's why I have toggles, so I can use both depending on the fight
By clearlyamule 2017-12-07 14:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah. but you can still cap and put HP in other slots even if you want to use a more regen based repair. That's why I have toggles, so I can use both depending on the fight
Oh I was referring to the all out hp build not any slots. Can you point me to cap info though? It's not on either wiki
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-07 14:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valoredge Head/Frame
Naked: 2904
Tobe +1: 3036
Weapon: 3144
Tobe + Weapon: 3276

Kit IV
Naked: 3388
Tobe +1: 3542
Weapon: 3668
Tobe + Weapon: 3822

multiplicative with repair kits. Valoredge also appears to have a 20% HP boost, which is not increased by Kit IV.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-07 14:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I was referring to the all out hp build not any slots. Can you point me to cap info though? It's not on either wiki
Pretty sure I saw 50% somewhere when they increased the Waltz potency. Of course, with the merit changes, I wonder if that's past this cap or if it's included. And if the cap is even 50% to begin with.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-07 14:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait I'm lost. Break this down into HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE Galka-beginner pup language.

Are you saying we should be building a pet HP set to boost Repair #s? I never thought of this, guess that makes a ton of sense. I always forget Repair is % based and not a flat rate.

Also, just a thought I wanted to get an idea if anyone else does this: Does anyone use a Max HP set and cure themselves for emergency Role Reversal? For instance, /equip HP set, /divine seal (if /whm), /cure 4 <me>, /ja role reversal

Reason I ask is because when tanking with /whm, I notice my RR is only going to give my pet about half HP, where I'd like it to be a bit higher. Just wondering if it's practical to gear for this and if anyone else does it, to post their set.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-07 14:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Harlequin/Harlequin

Naked: 2405
Tobe: 2515
Weapon: 2605
Both: 2715

Kit IV

Naked: 2886
Tobe: 3018
Weapon: 3126
Both: 3258

Definitely multiplicative and 8% HP for weapon (haven't nailed x/1024 yet.) So Auto Kits and Weapon both increase based on gear HP, just not the base 20% Valoredge Head+Frame gets.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-07 15:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valoredge Head/Frame
Naked: 2904
Tobe +1: 3036
Weapon: 3144
Tobe + Weapon: 3276

Kit IV
Naked: 3388
Tobe +1: 3542
Weapon: 3668
Tobe + Weapon: 3822

multiplicative with repair kits. Valoredge also appears to have a 20% HP boost, which is not increased by Kit IV.

Harlequin/Harlequin

Naked: 2405
Tobe: 2515
Weapon: 2605
Both: 2715

Kit IV

Naked: 2886
Tobe: 3018
Weapon: 3126
Both: 3258

Definitely multiplicative and 8% HP for weapon (haven't nailed x/1024 yet.) So Auto Kits and Weapon both increase based on gear HP, just not the base 20% Valoredge Head+Frame gets.
All of those line up to a straight up +200 hp

And yes most (really all I've tried for pup) multiplicative bonuses are added together then multiplied in so ark4 on valoredge is a total of 40%. And yeah VE is +20% HQ is neutral SS is -10% and stormwaker is -20%. I'm thinking prior math didn't consider innate bonuses and assumption of it being a separate percentage got carried on
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-12-07 15:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Wait I'm lost. Break this down into HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE Galka-beginner pup language.

Are you saying we should be building a pet HP set to boost Repair #s? I never thought of this, guess that makes a ton of sense. I always forget Repair is % based and not a flat rate.
That's precisely the idea.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-07 15:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right. I didn't even consider it was a flat bonus. And I knew they were multiplicative with each other, I was just pointing out that gear and kits work as expected, which is different than what was reported.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-08 01:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so for repair the best macro is:

Gnafron's
Rao/+1 x4
Tobe+3
Overbearing
Pratik/Guignol's

Anything else? Or would Foire+3 be better for the debuff removal?
By Nariont 2017-12-08 04:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you want to make 2 repair macros id just put foire+3 into the set, the extra 3 stat removals is incredibly useful
By Aerix 2017-12-08 06:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Since we've mostly just talked about Automata so far, I'd like to bring up Master WS for a moment.

I've been referencing the MNK guide as well as Byrth's MNK spreadsheet for the most part to gear for VS - and all the BiS pieces also seem to be the best choices for Stringing Pummel, surprisingly.

The spreadsheet lists Rao +1 legs as best WS piece for VS, which the numbers seem to confirm. What surprises me is that this also applies to SP, despite its lower STR mod. It also has a 32% VIT mod, to which Hizamaru Hizayoroi +2 contributes VIT+32, which is far more than Rao+1 and Herc legs.
Well-augmented Herc legs (STR+10, Acc/Atk+25, CDmg+4%) seem to also lose out vs. Rao+1 ever so slightly.

Opinions?
By Antisense 2017-12-08 11:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Just to note, was the swaps working properly? Fab. Was having issues with it so I want site if it was a set on his end or on my end. If it doesn't work, it doesn't no biggie, I tried. Just want to make sure you were not having same issues as I can't test it. Sorry guys. :(

I tried this and the swap works but the fundamental issue is as stated previously in the past that the swap won't affect the actual pet WS (it occurs "instantaneously" and there's no way to "precast" it as you don't control when it goes off). Once the pet WS is detected via packets it's too late to swap and have the pet WS gear take effect.

You can try this with pet TP bonus gear (Dispersal Mantle with augment and AF3+1 head or its higher level variants) and Cannibal Blade and it's pretty obvious the TP bonus doesn't apply upon equipment change.

However you could automate equipment changes based on the pet's TP >= 1000 TP
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-12-08 16:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Antisense said: »

This should be a good rules, if anyone can do it ^^
By clearlyamule 2017-12-08 16:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
Antisense said: »

This should be a good rules, if anyone can do it ^^
It's what I do for ashita. The one issue is the whole different ws have different mods/gearing thing so need separate sets and set it up to use which one based on what you are doing... and of course if you are doing something where it changes what ws it's doing because of attachments well good luck and well your auto can be there sitting at >1k tp for a good 4 seconds if you unlucky.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-08 17:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i don’t personally bother with auto ws set even sitting at 1K since it’ll often be sitting in ws set a bit like you mentioned.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-08 18:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Ok so for repair the best macro is:

Gnafron's
Rao/+1 x4
Tobe+3
Overbearing
Pratik/Guignol's

Anything else? Or would Foire+3 be better for the debuff removal?

I like Foire, but I only have one repair set macro. If you really wanted to optimize for biggest initial chunk of HP on the Repair, HP gear wins. But it's way, way, way more common for me to want to also remove debuffs when I repair than to even care about a few more HP, considering that even when I do Repair, 95% of the time I am back at full puppet HP after the initial heal and a handful of regen ticks.

No reason not to add HP gear in any other slot you can, but I don't really see it as terribly important if you skip the feet slot in favor of Foire's utility.

FWIW, I'll also usually just Repair to remove debuffs over even bothering to use Maintenance (unless something is just spamming tons of enfeebles that I care enough to get rid of, in which case I'm prob using both and riding their timers). Especially with Foire+3 feet removing three effects, I'm fine just using Repair and taking the additional heal/regen along with my status removal.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-08 19:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I like potency myself. I look at it this way... if something can outright kill your auto right after you repair before regen starts catching up chances are it could of double killed it before you repaired so might want to repair sooner. Fast repetitive dmg like hundred fist of course is a huge exception to this. Of course like Capuchin I also use it as my first maintenance as well further pushing me to potency

That said dealing with RNG just for some repair potency is really not worth it at all so only other potency items I use over the above is shantotto pants and nibiru
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-08 19:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Still need to test cap and see how the merit change affects that as well, though.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-08 19:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, +2 Alluvion stones for 750 points in next login campaign. Fire up the mules and get that Taeon gear of your dreams.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-08 19:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah totally forgot there was merits for that. Been skill and recast for so long lol. Might be a good idea especially if you tank onry and don't need skill
By Antisense 2017-12-09 08:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have only one or two WS sets you can swap just based on combinations of Maneuvers active plus whatever TP condition you set (again using packets to detect TP changes) to avoid unproductive swaps
 Asura.Fabiano
Server: Asura
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2017-12-11 14:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So with the new PUP +2/+3 Relic gloves from Dynamis-Bastok[D], along with the developers not really understanding how +WSD% works in conjunction with the many H2H multi-hit weaponskills yet giving us it anyways, is it possible for PUP to gear up for an actually hard hitting Howling Fist?

Something like this?

ItemSet 355280

Glove slot being Pitre Dastanas +3 which have STR+20, VIT+38, Acc+38, Attack+63(!!!), and +10 WSD%
Herculean & Visucius Mantle Augmented with +WSD%/STR/Attack/Accuracy

Looking at something like +43~47 WSD% in this set (depending on how well the Oseem gods smile upon you), which should be significant for low buff situations (which is almost always how my PUP ends up)... no?

Howling Fist generally has awful skillchain properties, but with Inhibitors it would force your Sharpshot frame into using Arcuballista, which is kind of nice?

I'm really unsure, just trying to see the positive side here ;/
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-11 14:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with your setup here for trying to optimize Howling Fist, and the gear looks pretty spot-on. A couple minor but high end modifications would be the obvious Moonbow+1 upgrade, and maybe Regal Ring over Epona (particularly if uncapped atk and/or acc, with set bonus from AF body - though maybe Epona still wins and is surely a viable choice as one of the top 3 rings).

I'm a little less pleased with the prospect of having to make a couple of expensive (mega-expensive in the case of relic hands) JSE pieces, two Herculean pieces I wouldn't use for much else, and ANOTHER Ambuscade mantle (to go with the 5 of them that I already have...). All to make the damage from a mediocre WS competitive with - and not necessarily a ton better than - other WS options that have better SC properties.

Also, while Godhands/Vere would be good for HF (just like for MNK), PUP isn't MNK. If you're really trying to optimize PUP DPS with the master punching stuff, I don't see any solution beating Kenkonken and using a hybrid master+DD puppet approach, with OA2-3x AM3 on both, Stringing Pummel getting a 30% bonus for the Mythic weapon, and KKK being significantly worse for HF than either of the other PUP RMEA.

I'm honestly having kind of a hard time imagining that it would be justified to use 1-hit WS to take advantage of the gear. I think I am seeing AF body/Relic hands more as pieces where the WSD+10% looks flashy, but is a relatively minor addition (it's still SOMETHING, though since it's only on first hit it's obviously not as big of a deal). They do have very large chunks of acc/atk and solid enough STR/DEX though, so it's not like either piece is BAD for Pummel/Smite/Spiral, especially if uncapped acc or atk. If you're well buffed and capping acc/atk maybe they don't win, but it's not that unreasonable to think you might not always be getting the best buffs on your PUP...
By chads 2017-12-12 14:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Been noticing Mushroom will hold TP all fight in large group content. After some playing around with Inhbitors/Speedloaders I found that they were making him hold onto WSs until the opportune time which never came because of mass WS spam from the rest of the alliance. So I concocted this build

ItemSet 354907
Condemners with +10 STp (is that data real?)
Herc with +11 STp

This puts a VE maton at 76 STp which is exactly enough for a 5-hit without inhibitors. I haven't had a chance to test this since I don't have Condemners (yet) but would a set like this even be worth to let the pet WS spam with the rest of the alliance or am I missing a detail here?

Also still curious about calculating TP gain for SS frame. How do I account for shots + melee and multi attack procs between shots? Is it even possible?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-12 16:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i stick to rawhide path c when in a party. i only use store tp herc when solo or sharp shot frame
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 68 69 70