First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 73 74 75
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-17 07:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I got geo skill+9, indi duration+17 and luopan dt-2 on first try, I'm pretty satisfied.
By Nocki 2015-08-17 09:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Doesn't DT cap at 4? Talking about DT, not Luopan DT.
Nope, I have personally seen 5 on both.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-17 10:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I have 2 capes, one with Skill/Duration that I only use midcast while using geo stuff, the other one focused on pet/DT stuff that I use to idle in.

If someone were to cut the line at a single cape, I'd personally say that the most important stat to be looking at is Indi duration, as it allows you to maximize the utility of stuff like Entrust, and as such it should be priority to get a cape with 20 there first, imho.
[+]
 Shiva.Kingmancat
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-08-21 09:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone seen the maxed path D for solstice yet? The only thing I could find on itso far is that path D offers MAcc and Pet DT. I'm new to GEO, so my gear for it hasn't fully materialized yet. I'm still learning the ropes of GEO after spending many, many moons as BRD. I'm trying to get a baseline for what I should be aiming to hunt for.

sucellus is also looking mighty fine for the luopon. Are either of these actually good to have or am I reading the usefulness of them to the job wrong?

Thoughts? Advice?
 Shiva.Zykei
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-08-21 11:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
Has anyone seen the maxed path D for solstice yet? The only thing I could find on itso far is that path D offers MAcc and Pet DT. I'm new to GEO, so my gear for it hasn't fully materialized yet. I'm still learning the ropes of GEO after spending many, many moons as BRD. I'm trying to get a baseline for what I should be aiming to hunt for.

sucellus is also looking mighty fine for the luopon. Are either of these actually good to have or am I reading the usefulness of them to the job wrong?

Thoughts? Advice?

Macc+20 Pet:DT-4 Fast Cast +5

Edit: Oops it's Macc+20 instead.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-08-21 11:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zykei said: »
Shiva.Kingmancat said: »

Thoughts? Advice?

Macc+25 Pet:DT-4 Fast Cast +5

Nice. Now, am I right in assuming this is actually a good piece to hunt for?
 Shiva.Zykei
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-08-21 11:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's definately a good weapon to have for all the bonus it has before augments.

I have a max DT set around it but you can probably get away with sucellus instead as they're practically the same.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-22 11:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've just noticed that my luopan after summoned goes from 100% health to 88%, without being hit.
I imagine this has something to do with me swapping gear precast/midcast/idle, but I can't think of any piece augmenting Luopan's health.

Can anybody tell me which piece it is generating this nasty side effect?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-22 11:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

nevermind I got the cause, it was vorseals
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-25 00:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Given how after 6 stacks of Duskslit +1, a bit less than 2 stacks of Dusktip +1 and several random Slit/Tip +2 I still haven't seen above Damage+14, is there another viable Club option for DD GEO?
Other than Nehushtan, I mean.
 Asura.Bryangelos
By Asura.Bryangelos 2015-08-25 01:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how it stacks up with a perfect augment Nehushtan. I got a divinity with Dmg +14, acc 8, attack 9, pdt 2, with its base dmg and lower delay could be a decent option, will have less acc though.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-25 01:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess Divinity is a viable option with perf augs.
I'll keep an eye for it.
That too has 228 skill though :'(

Atm I have 2 Nehushtans.
First: DMG+14, Acc+13, DA+2%
Second: STR/DEX+15, Acc+14, DA+3%

I use them MH and OH respectively when I'm dualwielding, only the first if I don't have DW.

Which WS is everybody using for damage? I've been trying Hexa, 5/5 Realmrazer, Exudation and Black Halo, and by far it seems the damage tier follows the same order in which I listed them.
Realmrazer feels kinda useless honestly, maybe it was better than Hexa before the WS reform?
Hexa pulls out surprisingly nice damage even on high level target, wasn't expecting a ddGEO to get such WS spikes, especially considering my DD gear is really meh (I just have some accessories, Onca Suit, and an haste+3%/acc+19 Telchine Cap)
 Asura.Bryangelos
By Asura.Bryangelos 2015-08-25 01:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I use flash Nova when i'm solo DDing. I usually do Indi haste, Geo malaise and my flash nova do around 9100. These numbers are on Dho gates mobs, never really tried black halo i'll give that a go and see how it does now.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-25 01:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you post your Flash Nova set?
I guess it's very similar to your nuking set but with some differences? Like is it worth to use Fotia neck/belt instead of standard nuking neck/belt?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-08-25 01:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Re: Hexa and Realm
7.95fTP (9.275 when DW) + a 10% ~ 20% chance to crit on each of those hits in addition to a 30% STR 30% MND WSC (pre-alpha) is nothing to scoff at.

In comparison, realmrazer is 7.56fTP (8.64 when DW) with no crits and an 85% MND WSC. Outside of high multihit rates, realmrazer also has the added issue of having an extra hit (or two) that can, and probably will, miss.
 Asura.Bryangelos
By Asura.Bryangelos 2015-08-25 02:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

10964 3 times in a row with Flash nova, 3756 with black halo first time, 2102 second, 2105 third. Switched my buffs to indi acumen and geo malaise, used trusts to cap haste instead of my haste.

This is my flash nova set, used the same set for black halo. (never checked to see if it was even good for black halo) I'm sure there is improvements, just haven't taken the time to update melee sets as i don't melee on geo very often.

{ammo="Dosis Tathlum",
head="Hagondes Hat +1",neck="Eddy Necklace",ear1="Friomisi Earring",ear2="barkarole Earring",
body="Hagondes Coat +1",hands="Otomi Gloves",ring1="Karieyh Ring",ring2="Shiva Ring +1",
back="Toro Cape",waist="Eschan Stone",legs="Hagondes pants +1",feet="Umbani Boots"}

Oh i use Idris as my main weapon and Neh when /dnc.
 Asura.Bryangelos
By Asura.Bryangelos 2015-08-25 02:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

On a side note, what might be interesting is doing an Aeolian edge burn with geo. Never looked into daggers for geo, but i got the malevolence from sinister and that dagger with aeolian edge might be nasty.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-25 02:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see the point of an Aeolian edge build other than for fun etc.
If you wanna AoE with GEO you could just use -RA3 spells, I don't see why using a modest AoE WS like Aeolian Edge.

I wonder if the same way of reasoning could be applied to Flash Nova though. It does Magic damage. If you're fighting something weak to magic damage, why not just cast T5 spells on it? But I was under the impression that Flash Nova can do more damage than a T5 spell (aside from MB) and requires no MP.
So if you have enough buffs/accuracy to grant you the chance to get TP reliably, Flash Nova might indeed be a nice approach.

I see from your set that you're basically using your nuking set. I'm still wondering if using Fotia stuff in the neck/belt slots would grant better benefit than just standard mab gear.
Also for your question about Black Halo. It's a physical WS, you should be gearing it with physical stats. Magic stats do absolutely nothing for Black Halo.

@Prothescar
Yeah you're right. In the end I demerited Tachi Shoha since I retired my SAM long ago, but I think Realmrazer is kinda pointless for jobs who have access to Hexa Strike.
Not sure what to get in its place though. Exenterator is meh, Shijin Spiral too. I already have Resolution and Shun. Maybe I could get Upheaval for RUN, but if I'm using a Gaxe on RUN it's because I'm Fell Cleaving, so having access to Upheaval would be kinda pointless.
Shattersoul is a nice option I guess but I don't have jobs/builds with Staff.
Requiescat is a nice option but I hate Sword builds on RUN. So... well, not sure what to get in its place, yeah.
 Asura.Bryangelos
By Asura.Bryangelos 2015-08-25 02:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun was the only point of edge burn.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-25 02:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's absolutely a valid point. I do a lot of unefficient things just because I get "entertainment" from them, so I don't see anything wrong with going for an Edge build as long as people are aware of what they're doing ;)
 Asura.Bryangelos
By Asura.Bryangelos 2015-08-25 02:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hexa using this setup was doing between 7k and 9k Dmg for me. Was using Indi torpor and Geo frailty on Woh gates mobs.

head="Sukeroku Hachimaki",neck="Light Gorget",ear1="Bladeborn Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",body="Onca suit",ring1="Karieyh Ring",ring2="Ifrit Ring +1",back="Kayapa cape",waist="Light Belt"}

Again my ws setup is not a optimal one.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-25 03:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not optimal maybe, but not bad either.
I think the point is that Flash Nova should be the WS of choice if you're meleeing in a situation that has mage buffs up (mab+, mdb down, etc).
If you don't have those buffs, Flash Nova is gonna perform crap on target that matters.
It's kinda the same with Hexa Strike. If you have melee buffs (that you might be already providing to buff the DDs in your pt, forcing you to stay in range) you might as well engage the mob, and in such a situation Hexa Strike would probably outperform Flash Nova.
In a third situation, that which you have mage buffs provided by a backline GEO standing with other mages far from the target, and melee buffs provided by yourself for the DDs in range, then which WS to use probably depends on the type of target and wether he has physical or magical resistances. (Flash Nova does Light damage afaik?)

I think both WS are really really useful, and you need to pick which one to use according to the circumstances.
 Asura.Bryangelos
By Asura.Bryangelos 2015-08-25 03:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, i'm not saying to use one over the other. I'm just simply showing the numbers i'm getting with what i use.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-08-25 04:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Newb geo question incoming! Is luopan able to bypass 50 DT caps with DT stats from gear or is this only possible in special conditions such as with atma of ducal guard in Abyssea?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-25 05:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't Luopan have innate 50% DT?
I'm not sure but I seem to recall that.

Not sure how the rest of the DT you can get from gear stacks with this innate 50% trait.
I always believed that DT from gear actually stacked lower than 50% because of the absolute DT cap. (without this you'd be able to reach 50% reduction from gear, which stacked with 50% innate would lead to immortal luopans)

I think it's similar to how PLDs with Shell5, MDT gear and Aegis (which breaks the 50% cap) doesn't reach 100% MDT but stops at somwhere like 88/89 or around that?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-08-25 06:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how the rest of the DT you can get from gear stacks with this innate 50% trait.
I always believed that DT from gear actually stacked lower than 50% because of the absolute DT cap. (without this you'd be able to reach 50% reduction from gear, which stacked with 50% innate would lead to immortal luopans)

I think it's similar to how PLDs with Shell5, MDT gear and Aegis (which breaks the 50% cap) doesn't reach 100% MDT but stops at somwhere like 88/89 or around that?

The absolute cap appears to be -87.5%. I didn't think about the innate DT though. That brings another question to the table.

Is the pet DT from gear multiplicative with the innate DT of avatars and luapons or additive? If it is additive, 37.5% will be the gear DT cap. If multiplicative, 75% DT from gear will be needed to cap at 87.5% and that means the luapon has to be able to get more than 50 DT from gear (althouth that would require Idris with current gear options).
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-25 06:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

The absolute cap appears to be -87.5%. I didn't think about the innate DT though. That brings another question to the table.

Is the pet DT from gear multiplicative with the innate DT of avatars and luapons or additive? If it is additive, 37.5% will be the gear DT cap. If multiplicative, 75% DT from gear will be needed to cap at 87.5% and that means the luapon has to be able to get more than 50 DT from gear.

All pets can reach 87.5% DT, and all sources are additive, not multiplicative.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-08-25 06:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

Is the pet DT from gear multiplicative with the innate DT of avatars and luapons or additive? If it is additive, 37.5% will be the gear DT cap. If multiplicative, 75% DT from gear will be needed to cap at 87.5% and that means the luapon has to be able to get more than 50 DT from gear.

All pets can reach 87.5% DT, and all sources are additive, not multiplicative.

Ok, thanks. We need only 37.5% from gear then, for avatars and luapons under normal conditions.
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-08-25 08:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an update DD/WS set?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-25 08:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think there are so many options around that a full guide is requested. DD items are so limited for GEO you don't really have much of a choice.
My personal insight:

Head > Telchine
Body > Telchine
Hands > Telchine
Legs > Telchine
Feet > Telchine
Neck > Asperity Necklace, Defiant Collar, Subtlety Spectacles, Fotia
Rings > K'ayres, Rajas, Pernicious, Petrov, Adoulin, Beeline, Etana, Patricious, Oneiros, Mars, Haverton etc
Earrings > Suppanomimi, Eabani, Dudgeon/Heartseeker, Bladeborn/Steelflash, Brutal, Zennaroi, Tati, Assuage, Moonshade, etc
Waist > Shetal Stone, Widnbuffet +1, Prosilio +1, Olseni, Fotia
Back > Buquwik, Penetrating, Argochampsa, Rancorous, Kayapa
Ammo > Floestone, Hasty Pinion +1

Weapons there's not much choice here. Nehushtan or Divinity with max augs. Nehus being better but highly dependant on your luck with augments.

An alternative for the 5 main slots is using Onca Suit + Telchine Cap.
If you're using this approach you're gonna need Haste+3 on telchine to cap haste. 1% if you're also using Hasty Pinion.
Or you could be using a haste belt and put DA on Telchine Cap, but that would lock out other DD belts with no haste, so I'm not sure if it's worth the change.

For the earrings and rings you just need to mix and max according to ho much accuracy you need, plenty of option.
Same thing with the waist.
For back kinda the same thing but you can use Rancorous for Hexa Strike.
For Flash Nova you need STR/MND stats but what makes the biggest difference is tipically mab.
Can probably treat it like you'd treat a high level nuke. Not sure if Fotia is gonna be better than mab options for neck/waist, been asking that question myself but nobody has tested it afaik.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 73 74 75