Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 73 74 75
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-29 15:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on whether it's a bubble placed in range of AoEs or not. If you're dropping down buff bubbles on the backline, regen is what matters, as the bubble won't be taking damage. If you need to get a bubble on melee, you'll probably want to focus more on DT and fit in some regen where you can.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-05-30 17:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zykei said: »
Question about conserve MP, do I equip it during midcast or aftercast?
Not sure if midcast would roll over to aftercast if you don't have an aftercast set (gearswap of course).

Midcast.
 Bahamut.Lordesequiel
user: Esequiel
By Bahamut.Lordesequiel 2015-06-01 14:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Does MAB have a cap? Im trying to work out where Magic damage + wins out against MAB+......
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-06-02 17:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lordesequiel said: »
Does MAB have a cap? Im trying to work out where Magic damage + wins out against MAB+......

No cap. I haven't kept up with where +MDmg meets/beats MAB since it's available on so few pieces, but generally speaking afaik, MAB > MDmg on anything except for T1s, and even that depends on your stats. You can't really compare it point for point without knowing your stats. Any +MDmg you have will be effected by your MAB, IE using +6 MDmg when you have 100 MAB will result in +12 damage. As you increase in tiers, the base damage of the spell increases, making the gain from MDmg negligible.
[+]
By Kuraneko 2015-06-02 22:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently came back and am working on this job on the side (only 85 so far). Are the Indi-STAT spells worth getting? or do people only want/need the specific buff spells at first? NPC price is ridiculous so trying to watch when copies go on AH for less. Thanks!
By FaeQueenCory 2015-06-02 23:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The stat buffs have generally only been used in my experience when there is multiple GEOs and you're just kinda out of buffs and enfeebles to use.
So...
Basically never.
(The derived buffs are more worthwhile.)
By Nocki 2015-06-04 03:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The most commonly used Indi-stat spells in my experience are STR, DEX, and INT (mostly for extra ws damage with SAMs, extra accuracy/crit rate and or rudras damage, and bigger magic burst numbers respectively). Getting the Geo- versions of all of these though is less important, although it wouldn't cost you anything more than 10 minutes. They are usually used, as previously mentioned by others when you have more geos than "necessary" debuffs, and when you feel like randomly entrusting someone with an extra stat and they're already haste capped.
[+]
 Asura.Mikepa
Server: Asura
user: DirenRane
By Asura.Mikepa 2015-06-20 22:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to try to get back into endgame after a very long brake from it (Last time I did it in FFXI Kirin still took over an hour). Im going to do it as a GEO and have a noob question about gear swaps.

Just want to confirm that when I am doing the GEO spells do I start casting in my geo skill set then go to conserve MP midcast? after it casts do I switch to my pet defense down sets?

I really just want to make sure by doing it that way my pet set still works.

Thanks in advance for helping me.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-06-20 22:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Start in Fast Cast/Instant Cast gear, switch to Geo Skill/Handbell Skill/Conserve MP when casting has started, remain in Pet DT while doing nothing and having Luopan out.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-07-10 10:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if companion's roll affects Luopons? I feel like it doesn't, because that would seem a bit cheap.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-07-10 12:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't see why it wouldn't.
Pet: effects work on Luopans because they're pets mechanically.
And given that they fixed all non-augment Pet: effects... It should mean that GEO+COR=10m Luopans for pet strategies. (and it should make CORs more desired in everything else too, once verified.)
Will need to check though.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-07-10 16:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Turns out it does indeed affect Luopons. Someone in my LS confirmed it. Pretty sweet.
[+]
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2015-07-18 06:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 336476

So this is what I've been using on GEO tier II-V for a while now, and I can't say I'm happy with the results whenever a dmg parse comes up...are there any obvious/substantial upgrades I'm missing? (aside from things like Quanpur neck for stone nukes)

Augments as follow

Helios:
Head MAB+25 OA +9 int+3
Gloves MAB/MAcc +16 OA +7 m.crit dmg +4
Feet MAB +17 OA +9 int+2

Hagondes:
Legs MAcc+26, some random pdt- amount

That being said, I used to gear way more heavily towards Macc because no matter what my nukes dmg seemed to fluctuate a lot on stuff like Vagary or higher lvl, indicating a fairly high resist rate (At the same time everyone else was pumping out basically twice the damage I parsed, which is really discouraging...)
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-07-29 01:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Eschan Stone for waist.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-29 01:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to build a geo DD set. Anybody got some pre built sets they'd like to share?
I'm looking especially for valid weapon options.

Also is the club merit WS worth getting and using over Hexa Strike?
By gargurty 2015-07-29 02:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

this is my main dd set:

head={ name="Telchine Cap", augments={'Accuracy+20','"Dbl.Atk."+3','STR+4 DEX+4',}},
body={ name="Telchine Chas.", augments={'Accuracy+18','"Dbl.Atk."+2','DEX+5',}},
hands={ name="Telchine Gloves", augments={'Accuracy+14 Attack+14','"Dbl.Atk."+3','STR+10',}},
legs={ name="Telchine Braconi", augments={'Accuracy+10 Attack+10','"Dbl.Atk."+3','STR+10',}},
feet={ name="Telchine Pigaches", augments={'Accuracy+11 Attack+11','"Dbl.Atk."+2','STR+2 DEX+2',}},
neck="Asperity Necklace",
waist="Cetl Belt",
left_ear="Steelflash Earring",
right_ear="Bladeborn Earring",
left_ring="Rajas Ring",
right_ring="Pernicious Ring",
back="Blithe mantle",

for acc i added:
neck="Iqabi Necklace",
right_ear="Zennaroi Earring",
waist="Olseni Belt",
left_ring="supershear EarRing",
right_ring="beeline ring",

and for dw:
right_ear="Brutal Earring",
left_ear="Suppanomimi",
waist="shetal stone",

for weapon right now i use a blurred staff to spam spirit taker when i spam ra spells, this for full mp return

Also have a augmented club with 18 acc da4 and 32 ish, if i remeber. For shield i use genbu cos i mis the fc shield yet

Also i sometimes do dw dagger ternion +1 and the one that silences from one of the avatars. Not much use but sometimes fun to use aeolian edge spamga and see a geo do hundred fist :)

Hope this helps a bit.
By Faero 2015-08-03 05:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Been picking up gear for my Geo mule, particularly for events when an extra Geo may be useful. Before I start augmenting Escha gear though, was wondering what ppl think about this as an Enfeeble set? Vanya body Path C, Psycloth legs Path D, and Uk'uxkaj MND+8. With minimum Unity rank, for Marin+1, it should be 196 INT, 200 MND and 152 MAcc. Have the pieces, just don't wanna waste extra slit changing paths.

ItemSet 336679
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-03 05:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Faero said: »
Been picking up gear for my Geo mule, particularly for events when an extra Geo may be useful. Before I start augmenting Escha gear though, was wondering what ppl think about this as an Enfeeble set? Vanya body Path C, Psycloth legs Path D, and Uk'uxkaj MND+8. With minimum Unity rank, for Marin+1, it should be 196 INT, 200 MND and 152 MAcc. Have the pieces, just don't wanna waste extra slit changing paths.

ItemSet 336679

Dem earrings should probably be swapped out to
gwati earring and barkarole earring Perhaps, more magic accuracy.

And ofc more alternatives include Artsieq Boots, Bagua Sandels in the feet slot. (because ideally you should have 500+ Enfeebling before swapping out to MND and MACC really).

As well as Lifestream cape in the back slot, as another healthy back slot alternative.

And aureole instead of the tathlumn.

These are just alternate suggestions.

Edit:
I forgot Weatherspoon ring and globidonta ring
By Faero 2015-08-03 05:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, yeah I had wondered about that earring combo, but I don't have the Barkarole yet, thought I'll grab it soon. Aureole I'd overlooked somehow, so thanks for the reminder. About the boots though - does the extra skill from Bagua+1 beat out the enhanced effect from Uk'uxkaj? Renaye Ring, so can't do Weatherspoon's.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-03 06:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Faero said: »
Thanks, yeah I had wondered about that earring combo, but I don't have the Barkarole yet, thought I'll grab it soon. Aureole I'd overlooked somehow, so thanks for the reminder. About the boots though - does the extra skill from Bagua+1 beat out the enhanced effect from Uk'uxkaj? Renaye Ring, so can't do Weatherspoon's.

I don't know about the boots, i mainly use them to get to 500+ Enfeebling skill more than anything, I've never really played around with Uk'uxkaj boots to really notice much difference in enfeebles anyways. But eitherway, if your struggling to landing in the first place, Artsieq are probably going to be the safest bet.
By Nocki 2015-08-08 02:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So... It's possible to get a combined skill of over 930 now. Is anyone close to this that wants to see if we get another tier on geo- spells?
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2015-08-09 07:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Any word on the augment paths of the GEO club Solstice?
 Cerberus.Ykfan
Server: Cerberus
user: Ykfan
By Cerberus.Ykfan 2015-08-15 01:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

With 904 combined skills (geo 469 + 435 handbell) and Idris, some infomation is as follow:

Indi-regen: 50 (no change)
Indi-refresh: 16 mp per tic
Indi-STAT: 45
Indi-fury: 62% (my att 812 > 1316)
Indi-barrier: 87% (my def 827 > 1544)
Indi-precision: 100 acc
Indi-voidance: 125 (650 > 775)
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2015-08-16 12:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't seem to get enemy targeted Geo spells to correctly be placeable if I'm using macro bar. Is there a new target selection type? I've used <t> <tnpc> and <stnpc> and tried both using controller L2/R2 and keyboard ctrl/alt.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2015-08-16 20:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie said: »
I can't seem to get enemy targeted Geo spells to correctly be placeable if I'm using macro bar. Is there a new target selection type? I've used <t> <tnpc> and <stnpc> and tried both using controller L2/R2 and keyboard ctrl/alt.

I've been wondering about this myself and waited to see if more information popped up after the update. I have noticed so far that using a macro will only work with /lockstyle on. This is assuming you have a precast gearset inserted. I haven't tried the others, but <st> works fine.

Now GearSwap is another thing entirely. I have no idea how to get it to work with that. The AoE circle just doesn't come up at all.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-17 07:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the best you can get on Lifestream Cape?
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2015-08-17 07:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Geo skill +10
Indi duration +20
DT -5%
Pet: DT -5%

Personally I've never seen one with all four augments on it but I don't see why it shouldn't be possible.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-17 07:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright thanks.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-17 07:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't DT cap at 4? Talking about DT, not Luopan DT.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 73 74 75