Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 73 74 75
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-08-25 08:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow thanks alot Sechs for the great advice! Which ws is mostly used nowadays?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-25 09:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

We were discussing it earlier.
Use Hexa Strike if you want physical damage and Flash Nova if you want magical damage.

Now for how to gear up for them:

Hexa => STR/MND mods. Can crit. If your acc allows you to, use Rancorous mantle, Fotia belt/neck, for rings/earrings/ammo you have plenty of options, pick what you want accordingly if you want to pump up acc, stats or att. I suggest to not focus too much on stats honestly.
For the main slots you can basically keep the gear you're using for TPing honestly.

Flash Nova => It's a magical WS, as such it cannot miss so you don't need acc. Not sure if macc works, I have little experience with magic WS. Basically you can use your nuking set with small variations here and there. For the Nth time, not sure if Fotia Belt/neck will prove more useful than normal mab neck/belt. Focus on mab and don't bother too much with stats. If you have Weatherspoon Ring that's a great option for this WS.

Other WSs are uh... Realmrazer, but as it was stated before it's basically an Hexa Strike -1 that can't crit. May be good for other jobs who don't have access to Hexa.
Black Halo should be used only if you need its SC properties.

For a further insight on your question "Which WS to use?" the answer is: it depends.
If for some reason you're fighting something weak to damage, especially light damage, Flash Nova is gonna prove the best. Also do not forget that Flash Nova cannot miss and afaik it won't interrupt other people's SCs, allowing you to spam it without making anybody angry.
If you're fighting something strong against magic or in a setup with a lot of DD buffs (cor rolls, brd songs, geo buffs etc) then probably Hexa Strike will provide better damage than Flash Nova (and it has good properties to create Light)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-25 09:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot to say: of course you could create a second Telchine Set with different augments specifically addressed at Weaponskill.

A Telchine set aimed specifically for physical WSs would have different stats. Let me list some of the potentially really useful ones that you probably wouldn't use in a TP set:
  • WS acc +1~20

• WS DMG +1~3% (remember that this only applies to the first hit, so it has little relevance for Hexa Strike, given how it's a 6hit WS)

• STR and MND +7 (same slot)

Alas no Crithit/CritDMG for Hexa.
But you could create a somewhat interesting Telchine set for Hexa or a very powerful Helios set for Flash Nova.
Thing is though: Do you have the gil, the patience, the luck and last but not least the inventory space to pursue such a goal?
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-08-25 09:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I will probably pursue these sets for the fun of it. Do any of these club ws's skillchain? I'd like to solo skillchain if it improves DPS.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-25 09:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You can check the WS properties on BG-wiki.
Flash Nova has no SC properties (I think? D: ) and won't interrupt others' SC.
I was confused, Flash Nova does have SC properties and it's Reverberation/Induration (lv1 Water, lv1 Ice). Awful.

Hexa Strike has Fusion (lv2 light/fire, useful to open/close L3 Light SC)

Black Halo has Fragmentation/Compression, so useful to open/close light.

Exudation has lv3 Darkness/Fragmentation. Good option to make Darkness or to double up a darkness SC.

Black Halo > Hexa ==> should be lv3 Light
Exudation > Hexa ==> this too should be lv3 light? Not sure.
Exudation > Exudation ==> probably makes darkness?
 Asura.Bryangelos
By Asura.Bryangelos 2015-08-25 13:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are the actual setups i'm using, for those that like to see full sets. Sechs suggestion of auging skirmish for tp/ws setups is probably going to be the optimum setup.

Hexa strike

head="Sukeroku Hachimaki",neck="Light Gorget",ear1="Bladeborn Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",
body="Onca suit",ring1="Karieyh Ring",ring2="Ifrit Ring +1",back="Kayapa cape",waist="Light Belt"}

Flash nova

head="Hagondes Hat +1",neck="Eddy Necklace",ear1="Friomisi Earring",ear2="barkarole Earring",
body="Hagondes Coat +1",hands="Otomi Gloves",ring1="Shiva ring +1",ring2="Karieyh Ring",
back="Toro Cape",waist="Eschan Stone",legs="Hagondes pants +1",feet="Umbani Boots"}

Tp

head="Telchine cap",body="Onca suit",neck="Asperity Necklace",waist="Olseni Belt",left_ear="Steelflash Earring",right_ear="Bladeborn Earring",left_ring="Ramuh Ring +1",
right_ring="Ramuh Ring +1",back="Kayapa Cape",
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-25 13:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Judgment is quite powerful if you happen to find yourself with high (~2000) TP, especially on fodder, provided you don't care about its generally inferior SC elements.

Quote:
For Flash Nova you need STR/MND stats but what makes the biggest difference is tipically mab.

It also has INT as a dStat, although it isn't as good as Sanguine Blade's.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-08-25 16:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Black Halo is also decent at high TP.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-31 01:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Yeah but if you end up at high TP Judgement is better, so you should use that, not Black Halo.

Basically I don't see any reason to be using Black Halo, and I don't see any reason to get Realmrazer either (it's a very good WS for jobs who don't get access to Hexa Strike though)
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-08-31 06:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Yeah but if you end up at high TP Judgement is better, so you should use that, not Black Halo.

Basically I don't see any reason to be using Black Halo, and I don't see any reason to get Realmrazer either (it's a very good WS for jobs who don't get access to Hexa Strike though)

If Gear'd Properly, Realmrazer can out DD Hexa !

I also Recomend getting Mythic for GEO !

So you could do both LIGHT / Darkness Skillchain !
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-31 08:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

Realmrazer has always been better than hexa, only zones really where hexa is better is in Abyssea really.

ItemSet 313600
Although this is my WHM... can just swap hands out.
[+]
By Cleric 2015-08-31 08:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

Realmrazer has always been better than hexa, only zones really where hexa is better is in Abyssea really.

ItemSet 313600

Shadowlina,

How would Onca Suit compare to that setup? Superior accuracy, attack.. Not sure about MND etc..
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-31 09:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cleric said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

ItemSet 313600

Shadowlina,

How would Onca Suit compare to that setup? Superior accuracy, attack.. Not sure about MND etc..

I've never really tried to use Onca suit for much really (Although i do have one). Seeing as it's a 7 fold attack the double attack is kinda useless. I've never really had accuracy issues with Realmrazer. I Suppose on GEO as well you could just torpor precession (I can't spell deal with it!) if your having accuracy issues.
But i honestly would have to test with it.

Edit: I'll go test now.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-31 09:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This was done on WHM
with Kaykaus boots on and Telchine gloves (Instead of Kaykus cuffs and peity boots)

Also had a Mjollnir and Maific Cudgel on.... but kinda clear from these screenshots that it wasn't procin' so.

Only buffs i had on was Haste II, pro & shell.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-31 09:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding Realm > Hexa, can you guys please provide some math and solid data instead than "it's better, look at my sexy gearset" posts?
Which are useful, don't get me wrong, but don't really demonstrate anything.

Last time I tested it Hexa had better mods, better FTP, 1 less hit, better gain from multihit bonuses and could also crit.
Realmrazer was basically better only if the acc bonus was making a noticeable difference, when I did the calculations.

If my calculations were wrong, which might as well be the case since I don't claim being particularly skilled with that, then it's all right but I'd like to see some solid math and proof about it, thanks.

If I recall Realmrazer is 0.88 FTP x 7 hits (total 6.16) vs 1.125 x 6 (total 6.75).
Mods are MND 88% for Realm, STR/MND 30% for Hexa.
Mods might seem weaker for Hexa, but STR is a really awesome WS mod.
Then you have to factor potential overTP. On one hand for Realmrazer overtp gives you basically nothing (because you should be acc capped regardless, let's face it, if you're not something is wrong probably), on the other hand Hexa Strike gives you additional chances to crit, which furtherly bumps up the damage.
Also if you take into consideration DA, if you have a lot of DA that has a higher benefit on Hexa Strike (you can get procs on both the first 2 hits of the WS) than Realmrazer (you can get only a single proc on either of the first 2 hits but not both).
Similar with TA. On Hexa you can get a proc on either of the first 2 hits and get full benefit (2 additional hits), on Realmrazer if TA procs on either of the first 2 hits you get only 1 additional hits, basically makin TA into a DA.

Factor all these things together and I really don't see how Razer could consistantly perform better than Hexa Strike in the majority of situations.

If we were talking before the WS reform maybe, but after they updated Hexa it sounds really fishy to me.
By Cleric 2015-08-31 10:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Onca Suit averages slightly lower from that small sample size (5.7k vs 6.2k)

5753-onca suit avg.
6278-other set avg

I wonder how Onca Suit compares to other sets for different WS's we have available, such as Exudiation, Hexa Strike, Black Halo.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-31 10:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Onca can ever be the ideal set for anything, be it TP, WS or whatever else.
Onca is an awesome compromise and an inventory saver and a gil saver.
If you don't have perfect Telchine augmented sets for DD purposes, it's gonna take you potentially hundreds of mils of gil, and time, and patience, and luck with augs and with finding/farming stones.
It gets even worse if you wanna create multiple sets focusing on different aspects.

Onca just allows you to skip all that and gives you a really nice piece that occupies 4 slot.
Is it as good as you could *potentially* get with perfectly augmented pieces? Of course no, but it's great for other aspects regardless.
Some people are just fed up with the random things, or they ran out of gil augmenting other sets, or they just don't have the inventory space anymore.
Onca is the answer to all those situations, imho.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-31 10:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think any major testing has been done to hexa, since it got "Buffed" per say.
From what i've seen, in the long rung there doesn't seem to be much benefit in using it over realmrazer, and thats just from personal experience.
I know for a fact that Hexa strike is heavily modified by Crit-hit, as can be seen inside of abyssea (15k hexa > 8k Realmrazer's ofc.)

I know the December update they changed Hexa strikes fTP value to *Hexastrike - fTP 1.125?

Onca is a intressting piece, and is great if you don't have the inventory or the gil intrest in dumping millions as Sechs said, on the Telchine set. Heck, mines only augumented as well as it is because of blind dumb luck.
That aside, Telchine vs Onca in pure accuracy for a mage it is superior in that regards.

edit: but that fTP value was investigated in December.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-31 11:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you're dual wielding, using elemental belts, and have max Realmrazer merits, the WS are:

Hexa Strike- 9.275 total fTP, 30% STR 30% MND, can crit (+10% at 1000)

Realmrazer- 8.64 total fTP, 85% MND

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out which is better.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-08-31 13:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait. Have you put on your telchine set /checkparam and then switched to onca and /checkparam? According to my calculations if you have infinite gil and got max augs on telchine, onca is still way better.

For the 4 telchine pieces you replace you can get (assuming 15/15 acc/att and 7/7 STR/DEX augs):
60 acc 60 att 83 Dex and 87 Str 14% haste with all DA augs you have +15% DA. This is effective 122.25 acc and 125.25 att.

Onca is:
124 acc 147 att 76 dex and 93 str 10 DA and 16 Haste. That's 181 effective acc and 216.75 att. So you lose 5% DA or maybe some STP if you went that route but gain ~60 acc and ~90 att, and who knows maybe the extra 2% haste is relevant in some setups. Plus you get a nice chunk of DT minus.

I really don't see how Onca isn't BiS GEO DD and physical WS gear. The MND is low on the suit, but we're not using Realm anymore right?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-31 13:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hexa > Realm.
Exudation for SC purposes or AM3 if you got an Idris.
Judgement if you're at very high TP values.
Flash Nova if you wanna go for magic damage.

nuff said :p

Bit unconvinced about your calculations on Telchine vs Onca. You sure you accounted for all the native stats? Like the DA on Legs?
And then STR/DEX+7 on the Dusk slot?
I'm pretty sure I did those calculations on my own and Telchine came above Onca.
I might have made some mistakes of course though.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-31 13:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It would take you all of 15 seconds to see that he added up the DA correctly.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-08-31 13:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You can double check these but it was:
Body/Hands/Legs/Feet
Dex: 20/26/0/9 + 28 = 83
Str: 20/4/27/8 + 28 = 87
Telchine has no native acc or att (just 3% DA on legs) so it's just 4*15 total or 60 each or att/acc. I never did it out myself until just now, I just felt like the /checkparam I did with the suit on was a big jump, but I also don't have close to max augs.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-08-31 19:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I had a decent melee tp set and when I got Onca suit it was +55-60 acc, +150~ attack over what I had. And perfect augments were not looking to give me anything close to that much of a buff.

Only way I can see non-Onca being truly better is if you make a +crit% Telchine set for Hexa usage, but maybe we'll get some better tp gear in the final escha zone or Ultima/Omega fight.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-01 01:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you can't put +crit on Telchine.

edit:
Yep, not possible
If you could put critrate/critdamage on Telchine like you can on, say, Taeon, then Telchine would've become at least the best WS set for Hexa.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-09-01 05:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So anyone have a rocking Cure Potency set? I'm looking to make a set which hits 50% cure potency without using a weapon.

So far best options appear to be:
Vanya Hood path A - 17% Conserve MP+6
Medium's Sabots - 12% Conserve MP+7
Telchine Gloves - 10% base, BGwiki not showing me how high it can go, but think at least 8%

That's just about capped on those 3, so other slots would be conserve mp and healing magic skill (does Tranquil heart work when subbed?). What are some good pieces to fill it out?
By gargurty 2015-09-01 05:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 326908

This is what i use on curing:)

And this is what i use when i do cures on myself:

neck="Phalaina locket",
right_ring="Kunaji ring",
left_ring="Vocane Ring",
legs=ENH_legs,
waist="Gishdubar sash",

capped potency and capped selfcure
By FaeQueenCory 2015-09-01 07:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So anyone have a rocking Cure Potency set? I'm looking to make a set which hits 50% cure potency without using a weapon.

Telchine Gloves - 10% base, BGwiki not showing me how high it can go, but think at least 8%

That's just about capped on those 3, so other slots would be conserve mp and healing magic skill (does Tranquil heart work when subbed?). What are some good pieces to fill it out?
Vanya hat B and shoes B or D (depending on what else you got) would be better than A. Since that would give you the cure potency AND 20 skill on the head and up to 40 on the shoes.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-09-01 07:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

Vanya hat B and shoes B or D (depending on what else you got) would be better than A. Since that would give you the cure potency AND 20 skill on the head and up to 40 on the shoes.

And worry about getting the rest of the potency elsewhere, hmm, sounds like a plan. Good advice.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-09-01 07:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You didn't account for a body slot, of which there are myriads of cure potency bodies.
All pushing or exceeding 10%.

There is no worry when it rains from the sky.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 73 74 75