First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 102 103 104
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-15 16:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Gearswap's handling of the new safe has been pushed.

The core problem is that there's a lot of plugins that make assumptions about the structure/size of the what you get back from windower.ffxi.get_items(). I'm looking at a pet problem in gearswap, and then getting back to organizer.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-15 17:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone still having problems with pet commands? I'm not having any issues, but I don't really play pet jobs and so I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks!
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-15 18:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tried it and it keeps recreating stuff in the settings file, just like I reported before =/
This makes it impossible to create repositories where you don't want Organizer to mess up with what you put inside, which is the reason why I kept using GearCollector even after the awesome Organizer was released over one month ago.
These are the steps I took:

1) Load the addon
2) Edit the XML file deleting the stuff I don't want Organizer to mess with from the "bag_priority" group and from the "dump_bags" group.
3) Unload the addon and reload
4) The XML file gets edited and what I just took off gets written back in again, with conflicting priority numbers as well.

I'll give 2 examples
This is how I formatted and saved my settings.xml file.
Code
        <bag_priority>
            <Case>3</Case>
            <Inventory>1</Inventory>
            <Locker>4</Locker>
            <Sack>2</Sack>
            <Storage>5</Storage>
        </bag_priority>
        <default_file>default.lua</default_file>
        <dump_bags>
            <Locker>3</Locker>
            <Storage>4</Storage>
            <case>2</case>
            <sack>1</sack>
        </dump_bags>

This is how it appears once I reload the addon
Code
        <bag_priority>
            <Case>3</Case>
            <Inventory>1</Inventory>
            <Locker>4</Locker>
            <Sack>2</Sack>
            <Safe>1</Safe>
            <Satchel>4</Satchel>
            <Storage>5</Storage>
            <Wardrobe>8</Wardrobe>
        </bag_priority>
        <default_file>default.lua</default_file>
        <dump_bags>
            <Locker>3</Locker>
            <Safe>1</Safe>
            <Storage>4</Storage>
            <case>2</case>
            <sack>1</sack>
        </dump_bags>
By Linxe 2015-05-15 19:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Im getting a Gearswap: Lua runtime error: gearswap/gearswap.lua.:367: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value) error repeateadly... is there a fix for this or something i can turn off in the mean time???

sorry If this has already been answered but i cant seem to find anything about it.. im relativley useless at lua and gearswap etc.

thanks in advance
By ibm2431 2015-05-15 19:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I just tried it and it keeps recreating stuff in the settings file, just like I reported before =/
This makes it impossible to create repositories where you don't want Organizer to mess up with what you put inside, which is the reason why I kept using GearCollector even after the awesome Organizer was released over one month ago.
These are the steps I took:

1) Load the addon
2) Edit the XML file deleting the stuff I don't want Organizer to mess with from the "bag_priority" group and from the "dump_bags" group.
3) Unload the addon and reload
4) The XML file gets edited and what I just took off gets written back in again, with conflicting priority numbers as well.

I don't use Organizer (yet, anyway), but that's actually a common thing for addons whose settings are changed while loaded. When you load a lua addon, it reads the settings file and stores that information in memory. A lot of addons (most likely including Organizer) have an unload event where the current settings in memory are saved back to xml before being fully unloaded.

Try unloading Organizer first, modifying the settings.xml, and then loading it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-05-15 19:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Is anyone still having problems with pet commands?

Working great so far! Thank you~~~ :D
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-15 19:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Organizer stuff

I haven't pushed organizer yet :\

Its usage of windower.ffxi.get_items() is actually kind of slow, and fixing at least part of it is necessary to fix the safe2 problem. Sorry for the confusion - all I've fixed so far is GearSwap pieces because GS has a larger userbase (and the fix was pretty simple).

I have to tend to family stuff for a little while, but I'll have something pushed to the repo for organizer tonight.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-15 19:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ibm2431 said: »
Thanks for the explanation, didn't know that.
Tried your method but, alas, the result is the same.

@Rooks
Sorry if I sounded obsessive or ungrateful.
Yes, I do believe this is very important for me because with how my inventory is sorted out with no logic spread across several repositories (thanks to GC usage) and with GC longer working, it's a big mess.
At the same time though I didn't want to sound too demanding or like I was cracking my whip at you.
Please accept my apologies if this is the impression I gave you because I didn't have the slighest idea to.
You absolutely have all rights to do whatever you see fit and do it in the order you deem being the most reasonable.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-15 19:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ibm2431 said: »
I don't use Organizer (yet, anyway), but that's actually a common thing for addons whose settings are changed while loaded. When you load a lua addon, it reads the settings file and stores that information in memory. A lot of addons (most likely including Organizer) have an unload event where the current settings in memory are saved back to xml before being fully unloaded.

I'm actually doing this with it: there's a "custom" setting in the new settings. If that's set, it takes what you have. If it's 0, it'll overwrite with defaults (so you automatically get new settings/setting types when I add them, which matters for this next release in particular because things are changing).

So that's why he's expecting something different, I told him I would give it to him :)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-15 19:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

completely unneccesary apology

You're fine :) I was explaining why the thing I said I would be done, isn't done yet.

I've spent enough of my life as a programmer to know what a really irate user looks like, and you, sir, are not it.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-15 20:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

;)
Dropping one more thing here in case you want to look at it in the future.
Noticing a somewhat bizarre behaviour, unless it's me who misunderstood how it's supposed to work.

When I tried to use it on my RUN with Verbose set to "on" it said it couldn't get one item, calling it "tati earring" (downcase).
That item is indeed in my gearswap as "Tati Earring" (first letters upcased) and it was in my inventory.
Despite repeated successive use of "//gs o" it kept saying it couldn't get "tati earring".
Suppose it's a small bug?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-15 20:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That's odd. Can I see your GS file?
By Elizabet 2015-05-15 20:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

sets.idle.Avatar is not picking up for me
sets.idle.Avatar.Melee however does work.

Edit: That only occurs if you have an avatar out and //gs load SMN.lua...

Resummoning the avatar fixes it.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-15 20:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
That's odd. Can I see your GS file?
Sure, here it is sir.
http://pastebin.com/qFxK0TeJ

It's the only job I tried Organizer on in over a month and noticed this small "tati earring" thing.
 Lakshmi.Sulia
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2015-05-15 21:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

My GEO GS isn't changing gear when I cast the tier V's from GEO gifts. I remember reading a while back that this was a weird problem in GS not recognizing the gifted spells on various jobs.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-15 22:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the resources files treat those spells as level 100. Gearswap won't do anything for spells you shouldn't be able to cast.

There was a workaround at one point but I'm pretty sure it involved patching your resources file locally. At this point GS should handle it (there's certainly code in helper_functions to handle it).

If it's not working again, then it's likely something else.
By Selindrile 2015-05-16 01:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just starting to use organizer, pretty amazed, though a little nervous that gear movement this fast may get me into trouble. Also stoked about not having to manage specific XMLs but, do miss being able to specify which bags not to use, though if I understand what you're saying correctly that won't be an issue much longer with the "custom" setting once you do the update, just wanted to say thanks, this seems like a great replacement for gearcollector.
 Valefor.Angelous
Server: Valefor
user: Angelus
By Valefor.Angelous 2015-05-16 03:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is windowed working now or still broken?
 Asura.Desperado
user: Desp
By Asura.Desperado 2015-05-16 04:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried organizer everything seems to be working fine except that it doesn't tidy my inventory. for example if I was on RDM and switched job to THF and do the //gs o command, some RDM pieces of gear would still be in my inventory. Any idea why is this happening?

Also, can we use mog safe2 with organizer and how if possible?
By Selindrile 2015-05-16 05:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect they're still working on adding Safe2, it still isn't working for findall either.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-16 06:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »
Just starting to use organizer, pretty amazed, though a little nervous that gear movement this fast may get me into trouble. Also stoked about not having to manage specific XMLs but, do miss being able to specify which bags not to use, though if I understand what you're saying correctly that won't be an issue much longer with the "custom" setting once you do the update, just wanted to say thanks, this seems like a great replacement for gearcollector.

Thanks!

If you're worried about super fast movement, there's a item_delay setting in the settings that will pause between moves.

I'm still trying to fix two particularly common crash scenarios, one of which is safe2 related and the other is just a general problem, and then it'll go out. Sorry for the delays.
[+]
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-05-16 07:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just noticed something odd. I took a screenshot after talking to the statistics moogle on my main character in Southern San d'Oria. Couldn't find the screenshot in the appropriate folder, turns out it's been placed in the "Unknown" folder instead.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-16 07:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I did exactely the same but mine got correctly placed in a subfolder with today's date under Bastok_Markets.
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-05-16 08:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I did exactely the same but mine got correctly placed in a subfolder with today's date under Bastok_Markets.

Western Adoulin, Northern San d'Oria and Bastok Markets, same result for me, all screenshots ended up in the Unknown folder. Whitegate is fine, ended up in Tamoa -> Aht_Urgan_Whitegate.
 Shiva.Wickedness
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Wickedness 2015-05-16 08:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Desperado said: »
Tried organizer everything seems to be working fine except that it doesn't tidy my inventory. for example if I was on RDM and switched job to THF and do the //gs o command, some RDM pieces of gear would still be in my inventory. Any idea why is this happening?

In every case that this happened to me, it was because of all my storage spaces were 80/80. Emptying my inventory of junk fixed it for me.
 Shiva.Wickedness
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Wickedness 2015-05-16 10:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Little bit of a bug I've noticed with organizer. Doesn't happen all the time but happens enough.

When using //gs o

You'll get the message Organizer: Starting... and then it will lock up. Will never give the Organizer: Done! XX items matched and XX items missing message. It will also lock up luacore breaking all //lua commands. Changing jobs will still change the GS profile to the new job but nothing else will work(//gs reload, //sb reset, etc.) far as I can tell it's still getting all the gear and just gets locked up before sending the Done message. The only way to fix it I've found so far is by closing pol. Trying to narrow down the cause. Will update when I figure it out. I have a feeling it has something to do with how full your inventory is currently.

EDIT:Think I figured it out. Settings file only had locker safe and storage under <dump_bags>. Adding case, sack, and satchel to it seems to have fixed it
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-16 10:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. There are a couple of crash conditions, which is what I've been working on since yesterday. The fact that it requires a full crash of POL is what makes it annoying to debug.

I hope to have a fix today.
[+]
By Cherylinn 2015-05-16 11:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares about POL crashes and gearswap issues? My treasure chest number suggestions are broken. I don't have a person giving me those numbers any more, and this must be fixed immediately.

Love,
Cherylin
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 102 103 104