Plugins broken via Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 102 103 104
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-02-21 07:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing changed with my gearswap and it does not work. I tried redownloading it but it still did not work. Incidentally, I am using the XML file generated through:
gs export sets XML

Could that be the problem?
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-02-21 10:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Found the error. items_armor.xml was cut short for some reason.
By Selindrile 2015-02-21 13:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have a fix other than manually adding everything?

Went to the windower github and the new xml resources seem to be formatted quite differently, tried replacing my resources folder with that one and nothing worked at all, hrm.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-02-21 17:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, plugins use the old and stupid resources, not the new ones on that repository. You can check the current plugin resources here:
http://resources.windower.net/data/

The addon resources and the resources used by the Timers plugin are here:
http://resources.windower.net/lua/

So if plugins are broken it means the first link should not contain the right files. Is that the case?
[+]
By Selindrile 2015-02-21 17:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

First link contains the right files for the plugin resources I needed to update, they are correct there.

For whatever reason they're not updating automagically through windower awesomeness as usual, though the other resources and everything else is.

Update: Indeed, updated my folder from there and gearcollector seems to be working fine.
 Leviathan.Malthar
By Leviathan.Malthar 2015-02-21 19:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I downloaded it on another computer then just copied it over.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-02-21 19:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I updated the manifest, it should try to re-download them now. Here's hoping... I may just rewrite all plugins to use the Lua resources at some point.

Also, I had a few different people test Timers with Diffusion, it seems to work fine. Can anyone see if they still experience Diffusion problems with Timers? And if so, tell me your Timers version please.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-02-21 22:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I second that.
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-22 07:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Some issues(?) with the augments in the new update.

I'll use this one item to show you the "issues", as it has two in one:

Random gloves.

When I use export lua for these, this is what I get:

Code
hands={ name="Helios Gloves", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','System: 1 ID: 233 Val: 5','Magic burst mdg.+5%',}}
The system thing is weird, and it says "mdg." instead of "dmg."

This is strange, but not really a problem because it still totally works fine in gearswap to designate it from another pair of gloves. However, whenever gearswap equips these, the console does this:

It's doing it multiple times because I have multiple items (3!) with that Blood Boon augment in the specific set it's equipping.

This also occurred with another pet augment, "Dbl.Atk." (it turned into System and put that in console etc). However, I don't have any items with that augment anymore.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-02-22 07:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, that's a new augment that isn't in the system yet. I have the annoying print statement in there so that people report it when they're found, but I have now removed the print statement now that I know I need to go back through and update them again. Re-run launcher and the problem should go away.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-22 07:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I have the annoying print statement in there so that people report it when they're found

Sounds like things went exactly as planned. :)

When things get updated, am I going to have to redo my augment definitions?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-02-22 08:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
When things get updated, am I going to have to redo my augment definitions?

Conceivably not, but if I don't update the augments library's code then yes.

Edit: Okay, I have written something that will probably work for this so you don't have to re-export augments. We'll see, I suppose~!
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-02-22 09:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
GearSwap: Lua runtime error; error loading module 'extdata' from file 'C:/Program Files(x86)/Windower4//addons/libs/extdata.lua':
C:/Program Files(x86)/Windower4//Addons/libs/extdata.lua:1015: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 1011) near 'elseif'

I don't even know. Help?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-02-22 09:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Rerun launcher.
 Odin.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-02-22 09:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, thank you. I panic when GearSwap doesn't work, can't play without it.
 Leviathan.Malthar
By Leviathan.Malthar 2015-02-23 00:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Byrth,

Is there a library/resource that has a mapping of monstername => Family/type?
 Fenrir.Duvelamilla
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Duvelamilla 2015-02-23 07:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Am trying to log into the game, was kicked sometime lastnight, but as soon as I get to the Screen just before Char Selection, when it loads all your plug ins / add ons it crashes. Anyone else having this problem and have any idea which plug in / add on is causing it?
VIP
By Iryoku 2015-02-23 10:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Malthar said: »
Hey Byrth,

Is there a library/resource that has a mapping of monstername => Family/type?

There is not. The primary reason for this is we can't automatically generate such a thing and no one has volunteered to create and maintain it.

Ideally it should be a mapping from mob id to family. You can get somewhat close looking at the model id; mobs with the same model id belong to the same family, but there are generally multiple model ids per family, and there would still be a lot of manual work. But, if you have a mapping of model IDs to families, you could then run around all of the zones, and scan each mob look up the family from the mob's model id and build a mapping that way.
 Leviathan.Malthar
By Leviathan.Malthar 2015-02-23 19:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

How about just a list of mob names, then?
 Leviathan.Malthar
By Leviathan.Malthar 2015-02-23 19:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I found a way to generate this list. bgwiki lists all the known mobs in pages such as https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Amorphs

Looks like I'm going to have to resurect my knowledge of sed, grep, awk, etc to parse this into a usable list.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-02-24 02:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

With a few changes you could import this into a Lua file:
http://ffxidb.com/dump/npcs/json
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-02-24 04:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, just enabled Lua output for it:
http://ffxidb.com/dump/npcs?output=lua&pretty=true
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2015-02-24 20:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

not really sure what it is and it's not really a big deal, but something keeps giving me random/weird outfits:

I don't have bnm, but i do have dressup and PS.
 Asura.Snubber
user: snubber
By Asura.Snubber 2015-02-25 12:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering if infobar is working or not, coz mine is not showing even when turned on.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2015-02-25 23:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Something keeps giving me random blinks, both with Dressup and BNM. Is there something that'd cause this? It's not all the time, but maybe 1-10 gear changes I'll blink. I know BMN is supposed to be depreciated, but lsmates say it's still working. I've always used "//bmn always self on" in the past and not had a problem. This is what my settings for Dressup looks like:
Thanks for any help.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-02-26 18:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Snubber said: »
Just wondering if infobar is working or not, coz mine is not showing even when turned on.

It should be working again.

Odin.Calipso said: »
Something keeps giving me random blinks, both with Dressup and BNM. Is there something that'd cause this? It's not all the time, but maybe 1-10 gear changes I'll blink. I know BMN is supposed to be depreciated, but lsmates say it's still working.

BMN is not yet deprecated and will still be maintained. It will be deprecated at some point in the future, but we will give due warning when that happens so people have time to switch to DressUp.

That said, I don't know what causes your behavior.
By Artemicion 2015-02-26 19:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I probably asked this before and totally forgot to check back for an answer, but what are the (if available) alternatives for drawdistance and attainment?
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-02-26 19:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Something keeps giving me random blinks, both with Dressup and BNM. Is there something that'd cause this? It's not all the time, but maybe 1-10 gear changes I'll blink. I know BMN is supposed to be depreciated, but lsmates say it's still working. I've always used "//bmn always self on" in the past and not had a problem. This is what my settings for Dressup looks like:
Thanks for any help.

If you are using a version of clipper/cupper it often freaks out and causes blinking if you turn on GM flag abd later turn it off without closing the program instead.

Not that I would know this information first hand or anything....
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2015-02-26 19:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
I probably asked this before and totally forgot to check back for an answer, but what are the (if available) alternatives for drawdistance and attainment?

drawdistance is in config. in game, you should type //config mapdrawdistance set x. (Dunno if there's a shorter way to do it). I think pointwatch is the the same/similar to what attainment was?
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 102 103 104