Cerberus.Firinia
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Firinia
By Cerberus.Firinia 2014-03-13 15:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, wow, now I feel like an idiot for not having tried it earlier. ; ;

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
(I was informed they are not called sperm skull thingies.
I lol'd
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-03-13 16:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've definitely decided that the THF Toad is better than the WAR Toad.

That Sneak Attack every minute does 75%+ damage to the mobs. And there's plenty of non aggro-ing mobs to use it on once a minute.
 Cerberus.Firinia
By Cerberus.Firinia 2014-03-13 16:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in Buburimu for most of my life on Toad, but then people kept coming in and camping on me and it slowed down my exp so much that I got frustrated and left at 82, and got 90 in other zones.
 Cerberus.Leiberfond
By Cerberus.Leiberfond 2014-03-14 05:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any place that has a good guide to Monstrosity? I dont think anyone on Cerberus Does it.... Like how do you get to HNM status, or even NM status?
 Phoenix.Gameesh
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-03-14 05:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Leiberfond said: »
Is there any place that has a good guide to Monstrosity? I dont think anyone on Cerberus Does it.... Like how do you get to HNM status, or even NM status?

When fighting as a monster you gain infamy on every kill that gives you exp. To be precise, 10% of the exp earned is converted into infamy. (e.g 240 xp = 24 infamy).
Once you get 10,000 infamy you can't get more in normal areas. Go to the Feretory and talk to the left-most NPC. Enter Bellingery. You now can only visit Buburimu Penisula, Xarcabard or Uleguerand Range.
Kill something that yields exp in any of these areas to 'break' your limit of 10,000 infamy. This unlocks NM status.
Only in these 3 areas can you accumulate more then 10,000 infamy. Once you break past 20,000 you gain HNM status.
NM and HNM status allow you to equip a lot more instincts. These statusses can only be used while under the effect of bellingery though.

EDIT: forgot to mention there are level caps for the bellingery areas. Level 30 for Buburimu, 60 for Xarcabard and 90 for Uluegrand range.

Hope that clears some things up =)
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-03-14 14:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Firinia said: »
This is probably a given, but does anyone know if 25% haste is the cap for monsters with instincts?

It probably is, but I've never had enough haste to even bother testing, lol. Think I have like 27% in haste, which would be too small for me to notice if it effected... I'm working toward the Frog Haste instinct though...

Another question:

Does anyone know if the Bugard's +25% Attack instinct effects the monster's base attack only, or the combined attack with instincts? (I was thinking of getting this instinct after the frog one since my Bugard is 68.)

Instinct haste cap is gear haste cap.

As far as I can tell, +X% stats take equipped instincts into consideration, not only the base.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-14 14:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

it takes attack added onto the base, but not other % bonuses. base isn't just the # that you have without instincts, though, as most monsters have a natural multiplier or divisor on top of their base attack
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-03-14 15:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Firinia said: »
This is probably a given, but does anyone know if 25% haste is the cap for monsters with instincts?

It probably is, but I've never had enough haste to even bother testing, lol. Think I have like 27% in haste, which would be too small for me to notice if it effected... I'm working toward the Frog Haste instinct though...

Another question:

Does anyone know if the Bugard's +25% Attack instinct effects the monster's base attack only, or the combined attack with instincts? (I was thinking of getting this instinct after the frog one since my Bugard is 68.)

Ah [Thank You] for bringing my attention to that one as well.

Just hit Toad/90. Grown fond of it by the end actually lol.

Think I'll spam my BLM Bugard 60 > 90 while double xp still has a couple of days left to run. That instinct looks cool too.
 Cerberus.Firinia
By Cerberus.Firinia 2014-03-14 16:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the responses. Makes it all the more exciting to get to it. :P
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-03-14 18:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

THE METAL SLIMES ARE COMING!!!!!
 Shiva.Dourid
Server: Shiva
user: Dourid
By Shiva.Dourid 2014-03-14 21:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually quite looking forward to amorphs.

Assuming they're unchanged, slime's defenses seem like they'll be a lot of fun to exploit. And will most likely have a decent pdt- instinct waiting to be unlocked.

I'm also VERY curious as to how leeches' tp drainkiss is going to work. AI obviously doesn't know its potential, but unless it costs a ridiculous amount of tp, you can essentially keep enemies locked out of their tp moves with it.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-03-15 09:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What Amorphs will bring us:

Worms: Possibly the most-anticipated monster. Pure for it's ... sillyness and being unable to actually move. I wonder how SE is gonna pull it off.

Leeches: Quite sturdy little buggers with a wide variety of ws's. I think they have at least 8 or so. Also a lot of subspecies, so this can go all sorts of ways.

Slimes: High physical resistance is an interesting aspect in monstrosity. I bet you can handle (a lot of) strong monsters if it's the same as the ones in the wild.

Slugs: Although the encumberment ws won't do much I still think slugs will be fun to play as. Do slugs have subspecies? I can't seem to recall any. I wonder what job(s) it will be...

Hecteye: Possibly black or red mage, maybe mixed with a dd or other mage. These things will have some serious magic power.

Flans: Ehm wait, THESE will have some serious magic power. A lot of subspecies so I'm curious just how strong these can get. Maybe a good time to introduce Scholar into Monstrosity, SE?

Acuex: Not sure we will get this one, but if we do they will be quite strong...

Botuli: I doubt it'll happen, but we'll see.

Sandworm: I really hope so. Can you imagine walking around as Glavoid murdering stuff? Slaverous gale and all the other crazy weaponskills. {Yes Please!}
By DarkBEWD 2014-03-15 11:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love it if they made a Leech subspecies that was just the regular Leech skin but with a party flag by its name.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-03-15 12:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »

Worms: Possibly the most-anticipated monster. Pure for it's ... sillyness and being unable to actually move. I wonder how SE is gonna pull it off.

Well, they aren't pulling it off right now. Worms are in the .dats but won't be implemented. No Instincts or anything for them.

Quote:

In the .dats, but again, won't be seeing it yet. No instincts/etc. Same for Botulis.

Amorphs are going to be fun though, I'm looking forward to at least leech lol.
 Cerberus.Firinia
By Cerberus.Firinia 2014-03-15 12:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you look on the BG wiki, we will have Sandworms. It seems dat miners found placeholders for all the amorphs that will be available in the update. Worm is not one of them, however.

From here:
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-03-15 12:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Phoenix.Gameesh said: »

Well, they aren't pulling it off right now. Worms are in the .dats but won't be implemented. No Instincts or anything for them.

Quote:

In the .dats, but again, won't be seeing it yet. No instincts/etc. Same for Botulis.

Amorphs are going to be fun though, I'm looking forward to at least leech lol.

Botulis is listed as a sub species for Flan on that page so chances are we will get it.

And when I said metal slimes I was referring to the Dragon Quest ones coming on the 18th. >.>
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-03-17 11:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just hit Bugard/90 with 20 minutes to go before maintenance.

And yes, the 25% attack is a straight 25% of your current attack. With instincts equipped.
I bunged a load of attack on to make it up 737 without the Bugard 25%
After equipping the 25% it became 921. Which is 737 x 1.25 indeed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Annalise
Server: Bismarck
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2014-03-17 13:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Slime is 3,000 Infamy
Leech is 2,000 Infamy
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-03-17 14:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just me, or did they change the jobs for a ton of the mobs? I was a WAR/THF Frog before the update, and now I'm a RDM/BRD(Red one)...
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-03-17 15:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Slimes take almost no damage at all.

Huge PDT ITs only hitting for 5-10 at Lv15

WAR/WAR

Lv1 Fluid Toss 80 TP (about 150% physical dmg, ranged attack, can double/triple attack)
Lv10 Digest 100 TP (Lv#x2 single target drain)
Fluid spread 100 TP (about 150% AoE physical damage, can double/triple attack)
Lv15 no unlocks.
Lv20 no unlocks.
Lv25 no unlocks.
Lv30 Clot unlocks.

Switched to Clot.
RDM/WAR

Keeps PDT.Got Phalanx ... things hit for 0-7 now.

Lv30 Mucus Spread 75TP (AoE Slow, Really Strong)
Epoxy Spread 75 TP (AoE Bind)
Lv35 no unlocks.
Lv40 Hecteyes unlocked.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-03-17 15:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Is it just me, or did they change the jobs for a ton of the mobs? I was a WAR/THF Frog before the update, and now I'm a RDM/BRD(Red one)...
Checked with a friend, seems the only mob we can find with changed jobs is Toad. It's weird, but I won't complain, BLMs are a ton easier to level than WAR/WARs <_<; just kinda annoyed now cause I spent the last 3 days off and on grinding trying to hit 90 before the update and this happens...
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-03-17 15:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Slimes take almost no damage at all.
So... minor point here, but as a big fan of Dragon Quest, I automatically read "slime" to mean "little blue drop of goo that is never much of a threat," rather than "those rotten FFXI amorphs that don't take much damage." Can we find a way to distinguish the two, perhaps?
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-03-17 15:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

K. FFXI Slime and DQ Slime work?
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-03-17 17:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Checked with a friend, seems the only mob we can find with changed jobs is Toad. It's weird, but I won't complain, BLMs are a ton easier to level than WAR/WARs <_<; just kinda annoyed now cause I spent the last 3 days off and on grinding trying to hit 90 before the update and this happens...

Yeah we both did. It's fine I suppose with the double/quadruple even xp.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-03-17 17:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They mentioned on the OF originally the jobs were suppose to mirror what the species general were, but they thought that was a bit boring for some of them, so they wanted to add more unique job combos and such in the future for these things.

Guess they're testing the water with the toad... and more changes may be coming.
 Shiva.Dourid
user: Dourid
By Shiva.Dourid 2014-03-17 17:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hecteyes a straight unlock from Lv.40 slime.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-03-17 17:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dourid said: »
Hecteyes a straight unlock from Lv.40 slime.

[Thank You]

I'll try for that tonight then.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-03-17 18:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No Bat aggro on Amorphs ftw folks..

That has to make some camps look a bit more attractive shirley?
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-03-17 18:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Switched to Hecteyes.

BLM/WAR

Lv1: Death Ray 100% TP(200% Magic damage)
Lv10: Hex Eye 100% TP(Conal, Eye contact, Strong Paralyze)
Lv15: no unlocks.
Lv20: Petro Gaze 130% (Conal, Eye contact, Weak Petrify)
Lv25: no unlocks.
Lv30: Catharsis 100% TP (Recovers HP)
Flan!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-03-17 18:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Slime 30 unlocks Clot, RDM/WAR.
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38