Monstrosity Species Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-11-11 10:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

We only got 7 species and not even the full ones. Not even everything they announced including the last 3 main Ecosystem species. Pretty much every species in the game is included in the monstrosity list and we only have 7.

They haven't given players anything for Monstrosity for 9 months now. Even with all the stuff they promised. Mon -v- Mon, Mon Parties, New species, etc. They even showed screenshots of these things.

If a 9 month wait is them saving up content for Monipulator it better be a full on Monstrosity patch of Armageddon proportions.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2014-11-11 10:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
If a 9 month wait is them saving up content for Monipulator it better be a full on Monstrosity patch of Armageddon proportions.

Agreed.

I HOPE they deliver, but there is a good chance it can go either way.
I just figure that SE saw an ace in their deck when the monstrosity response was so strong, that they held back a wildcard for when they really need it.
Then again it's very possible they dropped the ball and are piddling around instead.
Ambiguous outcomes suck.
By Mitruya 2014-11-11 11:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just aggravated they wont respond to like 5-month old (and perhaps older) threads plus newer threads begging for content news and updates.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-11-16 07:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

if they were gonna hold off on species at least let us party up, it isnt that hard to implent

but they havent totally forgot about it since Unity Does include it and gives a good reason to play it... so... mayybe? i just wanan play as beastmen :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-16 17:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

1>90 toad in about 12 hours or so (spread across three days)

So much pain, but the instinct is awesome, and really fun!

I'm never taking another monster past Lv60 without the xp boost ._.

Guess I'll need to make the most of the remaining days!
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-11-16 17:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing Monstrosity RoE's in the Unity (shared) list of RoE's regularly sparks some hope. SE hasn't forgotten completely about Monstrosity.
Here's hoping we actually get some updates soon. We really could do with new monsters, areas and party content.
By Mitruya 2014-11-17 15:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with the xp boost, I am really starting to get burned out. Wish we could do some other kind of content for xp.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-11-18 06:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think only a nerf to exp caps or a buff to xp gain and pt play can bring some interest back to monstrosity. Then they can introduce many RoE trials with really potent currency rewards that would encourage playing monstrosity.

I would also like to see a system in which you can get free capacity points for your character while leveling up in monstrosity. For example: You have collected 50k xp as a monster. When you talk to the NPC, you can choose to get half of that amount as capacity points for the job you are currently on. Then the counter resets.
By Mitruya 2014-11-18 07:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yes, there are many things they could do to generate interest. Partying is a definite. Getting new pets for your Mog Garden, introducing some things to buy with infamy, letting you get merits/capacity points somehow, letting you farm or "dig up" stuff while exping, some quests/events/BCNMs for Mons only ...
By Mitruya 2014-11-18 08:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're on the official forum, please keep posting or adding your opinion if you haven't already. We need to make some noise to SE! ^_^
By Mitruya 2014-12-04 08:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I get TP moves like Thunderbolt (on Behemoth) to pack more of a punch? Do I stack instincts with DEX, INT, MAB? Since you don't get lightning element MAB until level 90 ... But I do have Couerl I, so would that work?
I haven't unlocked Meteor yet, so I don't know which TP move is better. But I'm guessing either way I need to start adding some MAB instincts?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-04 09:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Mitruya said: »
How do I get TP moves like Thunderbolt (on Behemoth) to pack more of a punch? Do I stack instincts with DEX, INT, MAB? Since you don't get lightning element MAB until level 90 ... But I do have Couerl I, so would that work?
I haven't unlocked Meteor yet, so I don't know which TP move is better. But I'm guessing either way I need to start adding some MAB instincts?

Not much you can really do to see any real difference. What you have already said yourself will enhance the damage of course, but not by much. SE has set the modifiers for all of playable monsters abilities extremely low.

Orthrus is a very hilarious example. I'm not even kidding when I say that my Lv80 Orthrus with decent MAB/INT instincts pumps out a whooping 300~ damage Ancheron Flame on Lv60 trash mobs.
By Mitruya 2014-12-04 10:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my gosh ... lol. Disappointing and funny at the same time!
That's really sad since once you get past Wild Horn, all other TP attacks are magic-based for this particular Mon. Blaze Spikes has also been a disappointment - you take a few hits then it wears off.
Thanks for the answer. ^_^
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [180 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-06-02 17:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

what chance is there theyll try finish this before they stop updating? i hope they do it i caqnt stand they leave something unfinished XD
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2015-06-02 17:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't really popular, so SE left it where it is, they won't update it.
 Sylph.Gades
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Gades 2015-06-03 02:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How do we really know that though? Hell I LOVED it and i still do!
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-03 02:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lot of people love the content (including myself) but the main problem is there aren't any good rewards.
Well, any material rewards that is. I find great fun in leveling a monster and using its skills and specific qualities to creative uses.

If SE added some (augmentable) i-119 gear to Monstrosity, it would be incredible popular again.

Oh, and add party mode.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-06-03 16:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i love doing it but for me party ode is a killer post 40 it almost becaomes impossible to get it lvld they need to finish it do the right thing, popular or not just finish it.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-06-03 23:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i should start a kickstater SE FINISH MONSTROSITY!!

haha.

Go do Mons, MMM, Meebles, even pokemon stadium lol therer alot fun content in the game if you just take a break from armor hunting lol.
By Draylo 2015-06-03 23:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
i should start a kickstater SE FINISH MONSTROSITY!!

haha.

Go do Mons, MMM, Meebles, even pokemon stadium lol therer alot fun content in the game if you just take a break from armor hunting lol.

I wish... it would add a lot of longevity to the game past NOV with all those diff things to level. Even better would be if they let you use your monster in actual content like BCNMs or places you could use trusts. New job Morpher, turn into your Monstrosity monster and use all the abilities! Imagine that? lol
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-06-04 00:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Partys with humans and MON haha that would be too fun.

so many options yet..... nope we get more Monster rearing ._.

I just want to play as a beastmen lol Quadav orc yag wondering the streets of vana lol my life would be complete :P
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38