Link | Quote | Reply

Wait why am I encouraging this!
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2013-08-25 14:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

smn probably gets a lot more xp than cor in wkr.
That counts for something... right?
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-25 14:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN is the best job for looking ready for Christmas without event gear~
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-08-25 14:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Wait why am I encouraging this!

Ee mus' cratique ta setup-- ee's in 'is nature

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [286 days between previous and next post]
By Luvbunny1 2014-06-07 13:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN is back for Delve 2.0 sort of - kind of....

Yorcia Weald Delve: Summoner is very good to have here. Garuda Wind Blade would devastate the Mega Boss. Ifrit or Garuda would work for the lesser NMs.

Kahmir Drift Delve: Ifrit is your best avatar for this zone.

Marjami Ravine: Titan is your avatar for Mega Boss. Ifrit or Garuda can work on T1-5 NMs.

Refer on each section for the lower level T1-T5 NMs. If you manage to magic burst Light SC, expect to deal from 5k to 9k damage depend on your gear set up, your ilevel sachet, and your luck (such is the randomness of SMN damage).

Obviously you want to aim to have level 119 gears on as many slots as possible before attempting to do Delve 2.0.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-06-07 13:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

smn is not a delve job, they let you level more than one job on your character for a reason
 Lakshmi.Fobby
Server: Lakshmi
user: Fobby
By Lakshmi.Fobby 2014-06-07 14:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN has certainly made a comeback in Delve 2.0

Wopket - use Garuda. Wind blade with magic burst and m.acc/m.ab hybrid set did consistent 11k damage. parsed slightly below Koga SAM.
With accuracy, can do Predator Claws on first NM. Use Ifrit Meteor Strike on snapweed/treant.

Calimh - Titan Geocrush consistent damage throughout fight around 4k.
Broxa use any bp that'll land. Plaguevein use Garuda wind blade. Hakawai use Shiva Heavenly Stike. Apkallu use Ifrit Meteor Strike. Harpy back to Shiva.

Lion - Ifrit Meteor Strike for days. Only consistently found coeurl/monkey and both take Meteor strike well.
[+]
 Shiva.Jirachi
Server: Shiva
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2014-06-07 14:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My event shell has done Yorcia and Marjami delves with SMN (haven't gotten into Kamhir yet) and SMNs certainly pull their weight around.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-06-07 14:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Jirachi said: »
My event shell has done Yorcia and Marjami delves with SMN (haven't gotten into Kamhir yet) and SMNs certainly pull their weight around.

How? Honestly I'm wondering. 121 avatars? Cause I can't see SMNs beating anyone other then maybe the tank on anything relevant unless there's some weird mechanic.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-07 14:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

119 avatars with a 35-40second delay BP, properly geared with Pet: Physical Attack/Accuracy sets, and Pet: MAB/MAcc sets
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-06-07 14:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you post some sets or something? I just can't see it I thought I was at least somewhat geared and my avatars can't hit the broad side of a barn when it comes to high end content.
 Shiva.Jirachi
Server: Shiva
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2014-06-07 14:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not too sure what our linkshell smn has set wise but s/he uses 119 avatar and magic burst with Titan to remove auras, on the boss itself Titan was able to do ~8000-15000 damage blood pacts every 35 seconds i think? melees doing between 300 and 700, in the paladin party using Earthen Ward to migrate high damage taken from any attacks, stacked with Sentinels Schenzo.

In Yorcia like said above, Wind Blade can do a good 11000 damage on Wokpket.

I'm sure 121 avatars would do better, but I never get to delve with our legendary Gib.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-06-07 15:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Fobby said: »
SMN has certainly made a comeback in Delve 2.0

Wopket - use Garuda. Wind blade with magic burst and m.acc/m.ab hybrid set did consistent 11k damage. parsed slightly below Koga SAM.
With accuracy, can do Predator Claws on first NM. Use Ifrit Meteor Strike on snapweed/treant.

Calimh - Titan Geocrush consistent damage throughout fight around 4k.
Broxa use any bp that'll land. Plaguevein use Garuda wind blade. Hakawai use Shiva Heavenly Stike. Apkallu use Ifrit Meteor Strike. Harpy back to Shiva.

Lion - Ifrit Meteor Strike for days. Only consistently found coeurl/monkey and both take Meteor strike well.
Your koga sam needs work, or you were severely underbuffed. SAM should be pumping extreme damage with 1h. 11k every BP(unlikely since you'd probably miss some MBs) is in no way going to add up to an aggressive SAMs damage.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-06-07 15:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

11k every 35(?) sec = nearly 100k dmg in a 5 min fight, that doesn't need extra support for -na/erase. You can remove aura and deaggro adds to save time, seems pretty good to me.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-06-07 15:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying the spot isn't justified, I'm just saying that they shouldn't be coming within a few % of a good koga sam.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-06-07 16:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN isn't a terrible choice if you have to bring one. It's not like they can't deal the 68k or so they add to HP through dmg or other benefits.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-07 16:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
SMN isn't a terrible choice if you have to bring one. It's not like they can't deal the 68k or so they add to HP through dmg or other benefits.

This, I'd let a SMN take spot #7 and Can't Shiva reduce enemies Evasion (Assuming it lands) which would be rather useful considering how much evasion these nm's seem to have at the minute.

EDIT** Not to mention the ability to depop aggro mobs and such to shave some time off your run... plus you could drop the cor after rolls (assuming you use a cor or brd) and drop the smn in Party buffs? (Not sure how viable that is due to mp / ja spams but hey! could maybe get some sorta Hastega if stuff drops?)
 Fenrir.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-06-07 16:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
11k every 35(?) sec = nearly 100k dmg in a 5 min fight, that doesn't need extra support for -na/erase. You can remove aura and deaggro adds to save time, seems pretty good to me.

We SMN also don't need no fancy songs or rolls!! Ballad is nice but can live without. Also, if ***gets out of hand, we can also fight weak and we pull no hate (our avatars might but meh, no one cares)! For the new delves, at least 1 SMN is great, more would be sweet.

EDIT: To add that 3 SMN's can potentially equal an entire party of an old school strategy of 3 DD's, a cor, a brd, and a whm.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-06-07 16:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the deaggro is a nice time saver.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-06-07 16:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I take SMN's to delve, mainly yorcia, its great but its like you said OP, its all about teamwork. Also alot of people just don't know anything about delve, let alone new delve. Have to explain every run you /yell for to returning or new players gets tiring after a while.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-06-07 16:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

actually i'll take it a step further, everyone who just said SMN is a bad delve job you should consider switching servers as yours has been dead for a very long time if you don't have any real SMN's out there showing ya'll how its done. 119 Mythic SMN's on our server popping BP's w/ lvl 121 avatars doing more dmg to any delve megaboss than mnks or rngs. Its not an option, its the standard.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2014-06-07 17:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
smn is not a delve job, they let you level more than one job on your character for a reason

People once said this about RNG. SMN can be great in any content if geared & skilled properly. In fact I'd say they're the most underrated and underused job at the moment. Maybe if people were'nt closed-minded "MNKS R TEH BESTEST! YARR I PONCH THINGS NOWZ!" retards maybe you'd find a more fun and efficient way to farm plasm than 9001x Tojil snoozefests every day.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-06-07 17:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Although, would be sweet to see a SMN in action with Companion and Puppet rolls on :O
[+]
By Luvbunny1 2014-06-07 17:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Delve 2.0 at least more friendly to SMN than any of the previous ones. It's good to see other jobs than MNK ONLY!!! can be useful on endgame situation. Sam, Ranger, Blm and even PLD can work on delve 2.0 (that are more than 6 person). Obviously smaller set up would have to consider best optimum set.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-07 18:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »
Delve 2.0 at least more friendly to SMN than any of the previous ones. It's good to see other jobs than MNK ONLY!!! can be useful on endgame situation. Sam, Ranger, Blm and even PLD can work on delve 2.0 (that are more than 6 person). Obviously smaller set up would have to consider best optimum set.

MNK's arn't even all that great for Delve 1.0, they're just the fastest and easiest to gear that does decent damage. I'm not saying jobs like DRG or thf can beat MNK's, but I know 1 DNC AND A PUP! that can and does smash the majority of MNK's that can clear delve.

That said, my SAM doesn't lose to MNK's and my SAM isn't amazing. People are just closed minded and don't invite good players over ideal jobs, I'd take a Good player on any job over a lol BandwagonMNK because the good player I can rely on to put out as much DPS as he is able to and react to the situation.

Theres this one SAM in my ls that basically afk' engages tojil and watches Netflix for example.
By Luvbunny1 2014-06-07 18:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL - yeah other jobs can do fine on Delve 1.0 but you will be hard pressed to convince people otherwise to bring other than bandwagoning mnks times a million. Never mind that Drg, War, Sam, and Dark can be a third DD (at least on Bee Mega Boss, you do need Sam and Ranger - depend on your set up, Blu, Drg, Pld, and War can also work fine in the mix).

Unfortunately - when you do 6 person set up - the job selection are rather small. And you most likely have to get your gears up to 119 if you want to clear easily (not guaranteed). From my experience, here are their basic must have.

Tojil: Mnk/Run x 2, Whm, Brd, Sch, last DD slot can be Drg, Sam, Drk, War or Cor depending on group set up.
Shark: Whm, Brd, Sch, Mnk x2 (can take one very good mnk), the rest can be either Sam, Drk, Cor, War, Drg, or Blu, and yes, Runefencer (which works nicely on shark).
Bee: Whm, Brd, Sch, Ranger, Sam/Rng, and last slot can be Corsair, Blue, Drg, another Rng, Pld, War, or Mnk.

As you can see those are the most common set up, and Whm + Brd + Sch are somewhat locked position.

If you bring 7-9 then you open up more jobs, Geo and/or Blm can join the mix. And probably a couple other jobs you want to test and see how they work.

People forget that for melee, you need a good 850 accuracy minimum before ionis + food + songs on delve 1, 900 accuracy at the very lowest for delve 2.0 (over 920 is recommended). Magic Accuracy for Delve 2.0 is the bare minimum of 300 at the very lowest, 325 is recommended.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-06-08 15:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

sometimes i think i'm the last one w/ 5/5 tomahawk :(
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-08 17:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »
LOL - yeah other jobs can do fine on Delve 1.0 but you will be hard pressed to convince people otherwise to bring other than bandwagoning mnks times a million. Never mind that Drg, War, Sam, and Dark can be a third DD (at least on Bee Mega Boss, you do need Sam and Ranger - depend on your set up, Blu, Drg, Pld, and War can also work fine in the mix).

Unfortunately - when you do 6 person set up - the job selection are rather small. And you most likely have to get your gears up to 119 if you want to clear easily (not guaranteed). From my experience, here are their basic must have.

Tojil: Mnk/Run x 2, Whm, Brd, Sch, last DD slot can be Drg, Sam, Drk, War or Cor depending on group set up.
Shark: Whm, Brd, Sch, Mnk x2 (can take one very good mnk), the rest can be either Sam, Drk, Cor, War, Drg, or Blu, and yes, Runefencer (which works nicely on shark).
Bee: Whm, Brd, Sch, Ranger, Sam/Rng, and last slot can be Corsair, Blue, Drg, another Rng, Pld, War, or Mnk.

As you can see those are the most common set up, and Whm + Brd + Sch are somewhat locked position.

If you bring 7-9 then you open up more jobs, Geo and/or Blm can join the mix. And probably a couple other jobs you want to test and see how they work.

People forget that for melee, you need a good 850 accuracy minimum before ionis + food + songs on delve 1, 900 accuracy at the very lowest for delve 2.0 (over 920 is recommended). Magic Accuracy for Delve 2.0 is the bare minimum of 300 at the very lowest, 325 is recommended.

This <--

Alot of people have asked me recently what the acc requirements are for Delve, well guys here you are!

Personally, I dont use SCH for Delve 1.0

WHM GEO BRD DDx3

GEO can stun fine if they're not gimp.
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-06-08 17:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN is not only good for Damage in Delve2, it's aslo amazing to deal with adds.

Adds are the main reason of failure for most groups as it takes a lot of time to kill and causes you to time out.

PLD vokes one add, train everything to the next nm, then the smn AOE everything with Shiva/leviathan and let it die / release.