Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
You do get weapon upgrades you know.
lol...

Summons are also unlocked with fights
Not a bad thing, not a good thing.

materia was only in the 7 series, get out.
It was a concept. Does 15 have any kind of new or unique concept?

We have magic and it's interesting how it interacts in the world here, it's not just a spell that hits the monster, it affects the environment too.
Actually interesting. Is this that all it does though? Magic has always done other things though.

We know nothing of items and armor at this point either.
So yea.. Weapon "upgrades" and they are more than likely not going to have in depth anything regarding armor and items. Probably only be body and head piece as well. I hope I'm wrong and you can equip all kinds of cool things. Kinda doubt it though.

It will also have a moogle appearance in it.
Always been on the fence with moogles, when done right they are awesome though.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-01-31 17:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Actually interesting. Is this that all it does though? Magic has always done other things though.

It has an area of effect, it'll set grass on fire, oil etc, rain will douse it. If you or your party members get too close to the fire it will burn them.

Blizzard freezes nearby water, slows enemies down or can even kill them (wildlife can die to these spells too)

Thunder not sure but likely good against machines, think they said it got stronger if it's raining

It's also used as an item. I think you take a chunk and imbue it with the type of magic you want and throw it (so kinda grenade-y). There is also ring magic that Noctis can use later on since he's royalty.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-01-31 17:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Progress report 2.0

YouTube Video Placeholder

Full thing I think

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2016-01-31 19:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They've likely improved controls and camera by quite a lot
i hope, the demo feels like Kingdom hearts but you cant jump and attacks are slow/suck
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-02 12:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

"Car pushing: 60%" lol.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-21 23:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumor: FFXV to release Sept. 30

This is just a rumor but Gematsu is pretty sure its accurate. I have to say I am beyond disappointed if this turns out to be true, over a full year after the demo came out, over a full year after they announced the release date press conference. The hype train has been completely derailed.
 Cerberus.Diavolo
Server: Cerberus
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2016-03-22 06:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

This is just a rumor but Gematsu is pretty sure its accurate. I have to say I am beyond disappointed if this turns out to be true, over a full year after the demo came out, over a full year after they announced the release date press conference. The hype train has been completely derailed.

Safe to say that after a decade's wait almost everyone will be disappointed by FFXV for one reason or another when it's finally released.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-03-22 08:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diavolo said: »

Safe to say that after a decade's wait almost everyone will be disappointed by FFXV for one reason or another when it's finally released.

Agreed.

I am not even excited about the game. Maybe they should just stop the series and focus on remakes and hd remasters...
 Ragnarok.Rydal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-03-22 11:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Cerberus.Diavolo said: »

Agreed.

I am not even excited about the game. Maybe they should just stop the series and focus on remakes and hd remasters...

But what kind of game company is so bad that it has to rely on old games that people already played?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see true remakes of FF5, 6, 8, and 9, maybe the first two in the style of FF3/4 DS or Bravely Default, and the latter two in full PS4/Vita HD graphics. My fear however is that they'll try to add stuff to the classics and ruin whatever story is already done. Look at FF7. The original game was good, but the spinoffs have made the story so complicated and overdone. No thanks.

Everyone was rooting for FFXV. I'm over it. The demo was very disappointing. The characters are uninteresting. This was the last straw for many people for SE.

Other than 11 and remakes of older games, I haven't touched anything SE related and don't plan on it except for KH3, which only survives because Disney won't let anything with their name on it flop.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2016-03-22 19:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk man, I'm pretty hyped for the new Deus Ex
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-22 20:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Rydal said: »

But what kind of game company is so bad that it has to rely on old games that people already played?

Capcom, leading the pack in that regard.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-03-22 21:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Other than 11 and remakes of older games

Try Bravely Default, if you haven't. It lives up to the hype.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-23 00:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to see true remakes of FF5, 6, 8, and 9,

I'd love to see A new FF game in the style of 5 or 6. I mean, why not? Does SE not like money.. I just don't understand.

If they could market the nostalgia of it alone they would make a killing.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-03-27 08:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Capcom, leading the pack in that regard.

We don't talk about that company here.

Rooks said: »

I heard but honestly, one game out of like 5 or 6 is good and original(ish) in the past how many years?

Altimaomega said: »
I'd love to see A new FF game in the style of 5 or 6. I mean, why not? Does SE not like money.. I just don't understand.

They've been proving time and time again that they don't. First example FF11.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-27 10:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

FF11 is their most profitable game by a huge margin o.O
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-27 19:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If they would put some actual effort into their customer service a lot more people would still be playing.

They basically tell you to go eff yourself as soon as they answer the phone. E-mail is worthless. Online chat is beyond a joke.
[+]
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2016-03-27 19:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Other than 11 and remakes of older games

While i find the game enjoyable and well put together the story felt extremely lazy as you essentially replay the same events 5x in a row to get the true ending. you can argue that there are "slight" differences but that's all there is, felt like an extremely lazy way to handle the story of what could have been many times better than it actual was.

That said it was still a fun/good game.

In line with games from SE i'd like to see more of, a true sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics, not the half assed advanced series that overly simplified the combat system and basically had the same class 5 times under different names divided by races.

That and a non-shovelware mana game, or hell actually port over seiken densetsu 3 (most regard as secret of mana 2)at the very least one that is more true to the first 3 in the game series.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-03-28 08:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

FF11 is their most profitable game by a huge margin o.O

Yes but as already stated, they put almost no effort into it anymore and their customer service sucks (super slow). If they liked money, they'd focus more on what is making them money and less on....other MMO ventures.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-28 08:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Knala said: »
not the half assed advanced series that overly simplified the combat system and basically had the same class 5 times under different names divided by races.
Go away. TA(2) is probably my favourite game. It's loads of fun to play.
I was very sad when S was JP onry.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-03-28 12:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

FFTA2, while having a pretty bad story, had the superior combat system. The simple fact that you can undo movements after moving a character speaks to its superiority. You can't say the Zodiac and Bravery/Faith system was good. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together has them all beat though.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-03-30 13:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/30/11332710/final-fantasy-15-release-date-ps4-xbox-one

So, Sept 30th. I was about to say I was disappointed that it's still months out, but everything I've seen indicates they're not really done at all and will need all the extra time they can get.

At that point, though, why not just wait until the holiday season?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-03-30 13:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard but honestly, one game out of like 5 or 6 is good and original(ish) in the past how many years?

Better record than the movie industry.

Good and original(ish) game content is why we have Atlus.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-03-30 20:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.twitch.tv/squareenix
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-30 21:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh jeez, Greg Miller.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-03-30 21:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh jeez, Greg Miller.

Yeah, that got turned off the second those two showed up to start blathering. No idea who they are, but it only took 4 seconds to realize I had no interest in whatever they had to say
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-30 21:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, when he left IGN, nobody cared. I can't even say he is better than a certain Ubisoft hostess that will remain nameless.
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2016-03-30 21:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sad to say that after years and years of eagerly awaiting this game, I just don't care anymore. The release date means nothing to me at this point... largely because I won't buy a console just for this (maybe it will be ported to steam one day... and maybe that port will work!)

/sigh. Yea, took too long.
By Draylo 2016-03-30 21:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow that guy is really annoying lol
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-30 21:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan looked good, but wow these hosts suck.
 Valefor.Kensagaku
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2016-03-30 21:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The hosts are horrible, and need to get off of the stage.

But the visuals from the world showing was... wow. Some of those visuals are pretty amazing.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 54 55 56