2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 54 55 56
By Altimaomega 2016-01-31 03:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Um... wat? Plenty of their games have had more than 3 slots of armor lol, as if that even matters and is important the the game anyway.
And you call yourself a FF fan..

Honestly can't tell if you are talking only about FF or all their games, I'm going to assume just FF. You do realize FF12 has this already?
What have I said that make you think I am talking about anything other than FF.. Do I need to use capitol letters? As for 12, I bet the boss expecting the game to be half over, Surprise! that was the end..

None of them have this... right. lol

None of the ones SE has made...

Have you ever heard of low level challenge? Do you realize that almost every FF game can be beaten at level 1~5 or around that? Go look up videos on youtube, that already means its a bad game I guess since you aren't above lvl 30 ;/ So according to you, every FF game is bad.

Do you understand the word challenge? FF12 was over by lvl 30 with zero challenge at all..

Catch phrase from the hater bandwagoners, you've said nothing at all to suggest to SE how to create your perfect FF game... Also many of the things you listed are in many of their games since the merger. You can't just debate 3 games (going to say three since you said after 11, so 12~14.) as the sole reason SE is a horrible company lol.
I did say they killed 11. Don't forget X-2.. I don't even know how many FF13 adds they made.. Yes, SE is horrible.
By Draylo 2016-01-31 03:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
None of the ones SE has made...

Uh, yes they do. 12, 13 both have plenty of towns/places(less so for 13) to buy stuff in and monsters that can kill you if you aren't paying attention.

Quote:
What have I said that make you think I am talking about anything other than FF.. Do I need to use capitol letters? As for 12, I bet the boss expecting the game to be half over, Surprise! that was the end..

Then you are talking about THREE games, THREE of them!! One is a MMO lol, which barely counts.
By Draylo 2016-01-31 03:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I did say they killed 11. Don't forget X-2.. I don't even know how many FF13 adds they made.. Yes, SE is horrible.

Why don't you think before you post instead of constantly editing to try and throw something else in there? They didn't kill 11, it's still going but we'll ignore that. X-2 has a widely applauded battle system and has a lot of classic elements from the FF series like the ones you wanted, towns to buy ***in, things that can kill you and whatever other BS you said. I never played FF13-2/3 so I can't comment on that but you honestly have no idea what you even want lol.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-31 03:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, yes they do. 12, 13 both have plenty of towns/places(less so for 13) to buy stuff in and monsters that can kill you if you aren't paying attention.
Yup, they made half a game. /golf clap

Then you are talking about THREE games, THREE of them!! One is a MMO lol, which barely counts.
You are not even paying attention.. How many Final Fantasy games do they need to fail at before you actually care?

10-2, 12, 13, 13x5? 14 twice! That's 6 minimum.
By Draylo 2016-01-31 03:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you define as failure? 10-2, 12 and 13 were not considered failures by market sales. Go pull up the stats on google. Anything else is opinion and means ***. Go also look up the reviews, specifically for 12.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-31 03:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Why don't you think before you post instead of constantly editing to try and throw something else in there? They didn't kill 11, it's still going but we'll ignore that. X-2 has a widely applauded battle system and has a lot of classic elements from the FF series like the ones you wanted, towns to buy ***in, things that can kill you and whatever other BS you said. I never played FF13-2/3 so I can't comment on that but you honestly have no idea what you even want lol.

Yea I hit submit on accident. My bad! And yes I do know what I want. A whole game, everything you mention is half a game around pretty graphics. You say they give you this and this, and neglect to mention they don't give you this and that.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-31 03:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you define as failure? 10-2, 12 and 13 were not considered failures by market sales. Go pull up the stats on google. Anything else is opinion and means ***. Go also look up the reviews, specifically for 12.

Considering the Final Fantasy name made those sales and continues to bring in money for SE they can literally make a game that is a straight line, 75% cutscene, no towns to speak of, horrible gameplay, barebones armor and weapon selection and make bank. Then make 2-3 sequels to the massive turd and still have people defend SE despite that person giving up and not playing them. It is amazing.

Did I mention they totally screwed 14 twice? Hell, I hate that boring game yet I STILL go and play it one month out of the year just because its Final Fantasy and I want it to be Good!
By Draylo 2016-01-31 03:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

Did I mention they totally screwed 14 twice? Hell, I hate that boring game yet I STILL go and play it one month out of the year just because its Final Fantasy and I want it to be Good!

Quote:
Considering the Final Fantasy name made those sales and continues to bring in money for SE they can literally make a game that is a straight line, 75% cutscene, no towns to speak of, horrible gameplay, barebones armor and weapon selection and make bank. Then make 2-3 sequels to the massive turd and still have people defend SE despite that person giving up and not playing them. It is amazing.

I'm done here lol, you are too much.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-31 03:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously? You yourself don't like 14 I am guessing. Say 13 has bad gameplay. Didn't play 13-2 or w/e. What does SE have to do to make you not defend them? Does 15 and 16 have to be as bad or worse as 13 and 14? I just don't understand why making bad games is acceptable to you.

And you seem to believe I want them to be bad or something.. I would love nothing more than 15 to be awesome. Am I going to buy It day 1 after the crap SE has done? No.. I am going to wait and see and I am going to voice my opinion if it is good or bad if I do play it. Just like I am about the horrible games they have made thus far.
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Novadragon 2016-01-31 04:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is no way close to bankrupting, regardless of what happens to FFXV. FFXIV is going remarkably well on their subs and getting consistent new players everyday. It's a pretty popular MMO. I wouldn't throw assumptions out...

Everyone's opinions on the MMO, but plenty of servers are already capped players. NA, Mexico, UK, Germany, France, Italy, etc, etc, etc. A load of countries play it around the world, and they'll gain back their ground in 3.2 update release if they fix the problems Heavensward started with. They already admitted to working on 4.0 for 2017.

Anyway, not part of the topic. FFXV looks rather exciting to play with all these elements to a RPG game.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-01-31 06:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously? You yourself don't like 14 I am guessing. Say 13 has bad gameplay. Didn't play 13-2 or w/e. What does SE have to do to make you not defend them? Does 15 and 16 have to be as bad or worse as 13 and 14? I just don't understand why making bad games is acceptable to you.

And you seem to believe I want them to be bad or something.. I would love nothing more than 15 to be awesome. Am I going to buy It day 1 after the crap SE has done? No.. I am going to wait and see and I am going to voice my opinion if it is good or bad if I do play it. Just like I am about the horrible games they have made thus far.

Horrible games I'd wouldnt call 13 and lightning returns a reason to not buy XV on day 1. 2 bad games out of the load they have put out is quite good. Though it's all personal opinion which you know don't mean ***really.

And I'm not blindly defending SE, as you like to wildly fling that around, I have enjoyed every FF game apart from lightning returns which I played the first 10mins and I'm indifferent about 13.

As far as XIV goes there is plenty of things to do and there are a lot of people who do play it every day. I'm having trouble fitting everything in that I need to do then again I am on my second anima and catching up on crafter gear. I'm also preparing for 3.2 still need to do more gathering for my potions since I'm cheap and would rathe craft them myself. Though it's an MMO it depends on what that player likes your "boring content" other people could love it.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-01-31 10:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly can't tell if you are talking only about FF or all their games, I'm going to assume just FF. You do realize FF12 has this already?
Did you even try to do anything in that game? I'm 60ish hours into the IZJS version and I've still got 5-6 Espers to down, numerous super weapons to obtain, dozens of hunts and rare game enemies to down. Not to mention Yiazmat.

And quit acting like your take on the series of objectively correct. It's pretty sad and embarrassing.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-01-31 10:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, And I do not want to hear people talk, I can read, I don't need annoying voice overs.

Mute the game when someone is talking lol
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-31 12:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

tl,dr; "I ignore the optional content, I have no idea about sale numbers and global reception, I assume any FF game I didn't like would suck for everybody, lolfanboi for liking FF<insert number> because I thought it sucked"

The battles and environments look epic (in scale and visuals) so far but I have my doubts on the story. The first impression of skinny teens on a road trip saving the world kinda turns me off but it is still too early to have a conclusive idea.
By Clinpachi 2016-01-31 12:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually enjoyed 13 quite a bit. The unfortunate truth for some people is that they experience their favorite final fantasy and everything else is "garbage" to them.

I don't HATE any of the games in the series to be honest. I like the fact that they are all unique with different characters and stories. I'm ok with monsters/summons/jobs being shared alongside everything.

I played the demo for FF15 and I think it's going to be pretty fun. I love nostalgia as much as the next person but I don't let it blind the path toward the future games. They are all good in their own unique ways.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-31 12:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The main problem I had with 13 games was that the collective story was so convoluted that it might even put MGS to shame in that regard. I don't mind the linearity that much. I am just a "story>everything else" type of player.
By Clinpachi 2016-01-31 12:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked the scenery, sound track, and combat of 13. The story wasn't the best but it still felt like Final Fantasy at least. That's all that matters really. I also liked most of the characters. I think the only FF where the characters didn't appeal to me was 9 and half of 8 lol. I loved 8 in general though.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-31 12:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, FF8 had a serious character development problem. They didn't have any back story other than growing up in the same orphanage... There was hardly any focus on characters. Also kinda weird that side characters such as Laguna had much more back story than party members.
By Clinpachi 2016-01-31 12:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm probably one of the few people who actually liked the draw system and equipping it to your gear for stat increases in FF8. I liked the whole "japanese school" feel with the gardens as well.

Out of all the Final Fantasy games I can easily say that while some things might lack, others make up for and make it enjoyable for me. There is always SOME kind of excellent quality in their games.

I hated 14 during 1.0, but have actually grown quite fond of the story line and heavansward expansion. I won't play it like I do 11 though. I'll buy any new expansion they throw out or come back for major patches, but I just can't repeat dungeons 500+ times for top gear only to do it again months later. Story/quests and I'm done until the next.

Honestly I'm pretty excited for 15. I saw the new video posted yesterday and while it felt like metal gear, I really enjoyed how it looked.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2016-01-31 12:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I played the demo and couldnt get into it, controls were awful so i prolly won't get it. But with my luck they'll annouce F7 remake demo dlc code with purchase of FFXV
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-01-31 12:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

They've likely improved controls and camera by quite a lot
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-01-31 13:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Yea I hit submit on accident. My bad! And yes I do know what I want. A whole game, everything you mention is half a game around pretty graphics. You say they give you this and this, and neglect to mention they don't give you this and that.

Dunno how I missed this.....

I can't name a single FF that is half a game there is a colossal amount of stuff to do in every game including the 13 line of games. If you are just playing through the story, which all of them have good bulk to them, you are missing half the game and that's your fault not SEs.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-31 13:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said: »
draw system
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-01-31 14:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

10-2, 12, 13, 13x5? 14 twice! That's 6 minimum.
Ignoring what you just posted is completely subjective, where is your supporting evidence to anything you just stated?
By Altimaomega 2016-01-31 15:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow! The butt hurt is strong in here.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-01-31 15:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-31 15:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Interesting that the show is MMA.. You know an upgrade and better then wrestling.

Which gave me an idea for this analogy.
I'm talking about watching MMA and they are turning it into wrestling.

But hey, some people like paying a lot of money for a pretty show with no real substance (wrestling)SE.

When others prefer the real thing (MMA)SquareSoft.

If anything you guys are the killjoys, You are enabling SE to make bad FF games and defend them no matter what.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-31 15:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we stop derailing? No one cares about Altima's opinion about..well, anything.
Talk about FFXV please.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-31 15:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

By all means lets talk about all the weapons, armors, espers, materia, magic, moogles, items, and the ton of playable characters that are going to be in it..

Oh.. wai.. nevermind..
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-01-31 16:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You do get weapon upgrades you know. Summons are also unlocked with fights and materia was only in the 7 series, get out.

We have magic and it's interesting how it interacts in the world here, it's not just a spell that hits the monster, it affects the environment too. We know nothing of items and armor at this point either. It will also have a moogle appearance in it.
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 54 55 56