Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Jkun
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2014-07-26 16:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. Haven't had much luck with getting invited to Tenzen/Delve 2, which drop our only other 119 options for bow. Skirmish augments are always a pain :/

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Izilder
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2014-07-27 09:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

When subbing War with the latest Atoyac/Anni build - if there any point in having a Sam roll set? if so what should it look like.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-27 09:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Izilder said: »
When subbing War with the latest Atoyac/Anni build - if there any point in having a Sam roll set? if so what should it look like.

Well, you should aim for a 4-hit without relying on sam roll. if you find yourself in the situation that you are getting it, in addition to chaos and hunters/coursers, then it greatly depends on how potent of a roll you receive. Aiming for anything over VI (since it is the unlucky roll) and you are receiving 16-24 sTP, 40 if you get an XI. and if you get job bonus on it, thats an additional 10.

The items you could swap out, going by the standard 4-hit set, are:
Rajas Ring > Ifrit Ring/+1
Kyujutsugi > Arcadian Jerkin +1
Aeso Trousers/+1 > Nahtireah Trousers
Goading Belt/Patentia Sash > Scout's Belt/Elinid Belt
Sylvan Chlamys > Lutian Cape

again, it all depends on your own build and what you can sub out, depending on roll potency.
 Asura.Izilder
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2014-07-27 10:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I just came back after a break and starting to move my jobs over to GS and Ive noticed if i open my equipment screen in game on precast i cant see my Rng head or body equip but it displays on /showswaps that it is going on precast - is this usual behavior?

edit

i added the body and head to aftercast set and now it visually seems to "work" but i have now noticed watching the equip screen under autora that the gear dont always match up to whats happening - is this the game visually not able to keep up with the changes that are happening?

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-07-27 17:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a COR you're getting a lot more than that STP since I'd pray to god they dropped the 200k or whatever on +5 ring. When the ring was first released we figured you could go 42STP in TP and 21 in WS(also Arcadian on WS) and have a 3-hit while subbing WAR, assuming roll is at the very least a 7, no job bonus.

Not sure if more accurate values have been determined for that since I haven't really kept up on the math behind STP changes and such, just some napkin math we did on first day that happened to work out in practice.

And as Nikia said, you physically can't see precast usually. If showswaps say its working properly, its working properly.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2014-07-27 18:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
Is there anywhere that can find a up to date guide for rng?

Seconded, or at least gearsets.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-27 18:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This guide. Go back of the past 4-5 pages and you'll see a lot of gearsets. For Anni, Yoichi, and non-RME weapons.
[+]
By Anjou 2014-07-29 00:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have updated gear sets for Illapa rng? I tried searching for them but couldn't find them :/ I used to be able to
 Asura.Atticus
user: Atticus
By Asura.Atticus 2014-08-02 10:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't seem to find it if its been posted but can anyone provide a list of the top couple guns to be using?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-08-02 11:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Using Pulfanxa path C from Cor, could use Skirmish+2 gun also, Vanir gun, JSE gun and of course Annihilator 119 :)
 Asura.Atticus
user: Atticus
By Asura.Atticus 2014-08-02 12:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If i had to guess from those guns from best to ok it would be Pulf, JSE, Vanir, Skirm +2. Obviously Anni is best.
 Sylph.Bekah
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Bekah 2014-08-02 13:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anjou said: »
Does anyone have updated gear sets for Illapa rng? I tried searching for them but couldn't find them :/ I used to be able to

ItemSet 321022

ItemSet 321521

Illapa isn't terrible in alliance content. You lose some personal damage but if you can land Abrasion Bolt's effect then it's a boost to the other rangers' damage. For VD, it's super-easy to gear for, since it takes very little Store TP to 5-hit and maintain very high amounts of racc.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rafisback
Server: Cerberus
user: Rafisback
By Cerberus.Rafisback 2014-08-10 12:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, does any of you know the amount of store tp needed to 4 hit an Annihilator? with /war and /sam.

I'm gathering store tp gear but can't find how much is needed.

Thanks.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-08-10 13:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 267908
is what I use. /sam sucks. I guess this makes it 3/3 recycle needed (after ws) but its pretty reliable.
 Cerberus.Rafisback
user: Rafisback
By Cerberus.Rafisback 2014-08-10 13:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok ty
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-10 14:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Atticus said: »
If i had to guess from those guns from best to ok it would be Pulf, JSE, Vanir, Skirm +2. Obviously Anni is best.

Damage-wise, yeah. But on any longer fight where hate control matters, don't discount the benefit of JSE's Enmity-10 (for everything, including Barrage/WS), which is inherently always more of a concern when you don't have Coronach. It's still quite competitive damage wise, but makes things a bit safer.

Sylph.Bekah said: »
Illapa isn't terrible in alliance content. You lose some personal damage but if you can land Abrasion Bolt's effect then it's a boost to the other rangers' damage. For VD, it's super-easy to gear for, since it takes very little Store TP to 5-hit and maintain very high amounts of racc.

Interesting, I hadn't really thought of that and might recommend we bring one of our LS's newer RNGs with an Illapa for those reasons. Gonna have to get our resident Woodworker to make some bolts though, as they're never available for sale on my server otherwise.

Also, minor tweak to the gear sets you posted: Stormsoul rings were obviously before Garuda/+1 rings (which completely replace Stormsoul) were added.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-08-10 17:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rafisback said: »
Ok ty

forgot to add http://www.ffxiah.com/item/28177/aeto-trousers-1 to that set
By fractalvoid 2014-08-10 17:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Goading Belt, Patentia Sash, Sylvan Chalmys and 5sTP Seiryu's are viable swaps for the trousers
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-08-10 18:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

oneiros cest instead of goading
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-10 18:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Or Patentia Sash
 Bismarck.Herzins
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2014-08-13 10:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
Few RNGs realize the Leafkin is best in slot for every situation.

Why? just curious.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-13 15:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Herzins said: »
Bismarck.Inference said: »
Few RNGs realize the Leafkin is best in slot for every situation.

Why? just curious.

How it looks trumps stats~
By kenshynofshiva 2014-08-13 15:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I still go with the moggle guard +1 it's a white box >.> plus I ain't playing that gd game any more lol.
 Carbuncle.Yellowman
Server: Carbuncle
user: Yellowman
By Carbuncle.Yellowman 2014-08-14 09:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

hey guys i'm still collecting some TP gears that i'm still missing and well i wanted to know if theirs anyway to have a 4hit TP build without having the tripudio earring, kyu.body, sigyn's bazuband, and the moonshade earring? i use atoyac as weapon and well my S.kote is only a 4stp augment at the moment but im trying to see if there's any decent gears for a 4hit until i get the gears that i'm missing thanks in advance.

edit: by the way its for anni gun.
By Zubrin 2014-08-14 19:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Yellowman said: »
hey guys i'm still collecting some TP gears that i'm still missing and well i wanted to know if theirs anyway to have a 4hit TP build without having the tripudio earring, kyu.body, sigyn's bazuband, and the moonshade earring? i use atoyac as weapon and well my S.kote is only a 4stp augment at the moment but im trying to see if there's any decent gears for a 4hit until i get the gears that i'm missing thanks in advance.

It's doable. I typically TP in Arc Jerkin +1, so Kyu isn't absolutely necessary. Tripudio could feasibly be replaced by K'ayres Ring or Goading belt. I do use both Kyu and Tripudio in my higher acc sets though, so their absence could be problematic in some situations; less so if you fulltimed Riverfin Soup.

For reference, I TP in 32 STP:

Ocachi (5), Volley (2), Tripudio (5), Seiryu (5), Rajas (5), Sylvan Chlamys (5), Aeto. Trousers +1 (5) (for lower ACC situations).

And WS in 15 STP:

Kyu (5), Tripudio (5), Rajas (5).

With one of the swaps I mentioned for Tripudio and every other item I use, you could TP in 31 STP due to the +4 on your Seiryu. In that case, you'll want some extra STP in your WS set. Say, 19 instead of 15.

Feasibly, you could do Rajas (5), Dumakulem's Ring (2), Volley Earring (2), Sylvan Chlamys (5), Aeto. Trousers +1 (5).

This should give you a 4-hit with 3/4 procs on Arcadian head (which would need to be in both TP and WS sets). These are just ideas off the top of my head. I haven't run any of this through a spreadsheet to say what combination is optimal without Kyu or Tripudio. Sigyn's and Moonshade do not affect X-hits since they don't affect TP gain (no stats like Store TP or Arcadian Beret's effect).

That said, your life will be a lot easier if you get the items you're missing, lol. I should have asked what augment you opted for on your Atoyac. If it's Store TP +5, then you might have a simpler means for making an interim 4-hit set than what I've typed above. It may even be worth reaugmenting it temporarily for the Store TP? I can't say for sure without running any numbers, but I'd speculate that it's worth it if WKRs aren't too rare on your server.

You don't need to use these exact sets, but hopefully the numbers will give you an idea of what to shoot for. We have a lot of Store TP options, so make sure to look them all over and decide what works best for you.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-08-15 06:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

its tough with atoyac and no DMII gear, you may want to consider mekki shakki / bloodrain (or rose) strap. I'm in a similar situation and as it stands, i have to decide if my acc will be too low with the 4 hit for the content i'm doing. for AAs on D, i can manage GK EV or TT 4 hit (mekki shakki/bloodrain), but i have to go to a 5 hit and higher acc for HM or MR (atoyac)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-15 07:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shaggnix said: »

its tough with atoyac and no DMII gear, you may want to consider mekki shakki / bloodrain (or rose) strap. I'm in a similar situation and as it stands, i have to decide if my acc will be too low with the 4 hit for the content i'm doing. for AAs on D, i can manage GK EV or TT 4 hit (mekki shakki/bloodrain), but i have to go to a 5 hit and higher acc for HM or MR (atoyac)

Bloodrain is also from DM2, so if he had it, he'd have access to Kyu and Tripido.

A 4 hit is possible, but as stated, your other stats will suffer a little. I am currently testing TP in 32 sTP / 1024 R.acc 1024 / R.atk 981. If I replace the DM2 items with other sTP options, it'd put me at 32 sTP / R.acc 998 / R.atk 974
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 130 131 132