Carbuncle.Yellowman
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Yellowman
By Carbuncle.Yellowman 2014-08-15 08:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubrin said: »
Carbuncle.Yellowman said: »
hey guys i'm still collecting some TP gears that i'm still missing and well i wanted to know if theirs anyway to have a 4hit TP build without having the tripudio earring, kyu.body, sigyn's bazuband, and the moonshade earring? i use atoyac as weapon and well my S.kote is only a 4stp augment at the moment but im trying to see if there's any decent gears for a 4hit until i get the gears that i'm missing thanks in advance.

edit: by the way its for anni gun.

It's doable. I typically TP in Arc Jerkin +1, so Kyu isn't absolutely necessary. Tripudio could feasibly be replaced by K'ayres Ring or Goading belt. I do use both Kyu and Tripudio in my higher acc sets though, so their absence could be problematic in some situations; less so if you fulltimed Riverfin Soup.

For reference, I TP in 32 STP:

Ocachi (5), Volley (2), Tripudio (5), Seiryu (5), Rajas (5), Sylvan Chlamys (5), Aeto. Trousers +1 (5) (for lower ACC situations).

And WS in 15 STP:

Kyu (5), Tripudio (5), Rajas (5).

With one of the swaps I mentioned for Tripudio and every other item I use, you could TP in 31 STP due to the +4 on your Seiryu. In that case, you'll want some extra STP in your WS set. Say, 19 instead of 15.

Feasibly, you could do Rajas (5), Dumakulem's Ring (2), Volley Earring (2), Sylvan Chlamys (5), Aeto. Trousers +1 (5).

This should give you a 4-hit with 3/4 procs on Arcadian head (which would need to be in both TP and WS sets). These are just ideas off the top of my head. I haven't run any of this through a spreadsheet to say what combination is optimal without Kyu or Tripudio. Sigyn's and Moonshade do not affect X-hits since they don't affect TP gain (no stats like Store TP or Arcadian Beret's effect).

That said, your life will be a lot easier if you get the items you're missing, lol. I should have asked what augment you opted for on your Atoyac. If it's Store TP +5, then you might have a simpler means for making an interim 4-hit set than what I've typed above. It may even be worth reaugmenting it temporarily for the Store TP? I can't say for sure without running any numbers, but I'd speculate that it's worth it if WKRs aren't too rare on your server.

You don't need to use these exact sets, but hopefully the numbers will give you an idea of what to shoot for. We have a lot of Store TP options, so make sure to look them all over and decide what works best for you.

damn i was kinda figuring that would be the case but thanks for the advice you gave me some great idea's about those numbers might check see what i can do later on after work if i have time to log on that is but thanks alot.
 Carbuncle.Yellowman
Server: Carbuncle
user: Yellowman
By Carbuncle.Yellowman 2014-08-15 08:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
Carbuncle.Yellowman said: »
hey guys i'm still collecting some TP gears that i'm still missing and well i wanted to know if theirs anyway to have a 4hit TP build without having the tripudio earring, kyu.body, sigyn's bazuband, and the moonshade earring? i use atoyac as weapon and well my S.kote is only a 4stp augment at the moment but im trying to see if there's any decent gears for a 4hit until i get the gears that i'm missing thanks in advance.

edit: by the way its for anni gun.

its tough with atoyac and no DMII gear, you may want to consider mekki shakki / bloodrain (or rose) strap. I'm in a similar situation and as it stands, i have to decide if my acc will be too low with the 4 hit for the content i'm doing. for AAs on D, i can manage GK EV or TT 4 hit (mekki shakki/bloodrain), but i have to go to a 5 hit and higher acc for HM or MR (atoyac)

yea guess i gotta work on getting those gears then, well the LS i'm in always do DM2 every saturday and they do 3x runs but i've been slacking due to real life stuff so i couldn't make the runs hopefully i'll be able to join tomorrow and hope for the good, i'm just super excited about this new macro stuff since i play on 360(don't judge me lol) now i could actually try and compete with these other rangers as to it was tough having 3~4 macros just for a WS set and such lol.
By Zubrin 2014-08-15 15:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Mekki and Bloodrain hadn't even crossed my mind. Those could be a decent combo. By stuffing a bunch of STP into your weapon slots, you don't have to suffer the acc loss on gear as much. HM will drop Bloodrain outside of DM. It's not an uncommon drop in my experience. The drawback to using a 2H weapon is the loss of Fencer when /WAR.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-08-17 08:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Got 3 Q's:

1) Can a crossbow(mythic/delve crossbow,etc..) user get-away/use the same STP set for gun? If not, what is the best 3 hit build TP set for it? Assuming being fully buffed ofcourse.

2) Can anyone post a Trueflight WS set? Been confused on which to equip since that WS has 2 factors. AGI+ and Magic Attack Bonus.

3) Would a Your text to link here... be better to use over Atoyac(WS+2%) , since it can increase the light damage to Trueflight when using it with Your text to link here... ? Or should I just stick to Atoyac?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-17 08:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44180/wildfire-trueflight-gear-sets/#2688107
ItemSet 327300
Read my post, wildfire/trueflight set almost identical.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Trilling_Dagger
Said to be ~ 10%
Whereas the Chatoyant/Apollos' would be 15%
[+]
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
Server: Bahamut
user: Spook153
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-08-20 18:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Current Set:
"Atoyac"; oct/ wsd+2%
"Hgafircian +2"; Dmg+5 / Agi+3 / Racc +4
"Iuitl Wristbands"; Racc +3 -1 pdt
ItemSet 327452

/war for /nin I use a Racc dagger off hand

Ive read the forums but I am still at a roadblock. I decided to level rng just for AA fights. No plans for r/e/m. I need help so I can stop parsing like a chump and be a contributing rng to my community. Gun or Bow for non r/e/m rng and any suggestions?. Ws set and for most AA's you shoot for tp so a few sets in that would be nice.

Thanks in Advance,
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-08-20 22:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Any of the Annihilator sets posted would be something to aim for, you can drop some STP since you have a 660 delay. (not sure how much off hand)

ItemSet 319855

Is what I use, something similar should kill your alliance/party quite nicely. :D
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
user: Spook153
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-08-20 22:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks that looks good to aim for.

What about Gun vs Bow for non relic rng?

Also what weapons should I get that would be an upgrade to what I have
By lhova 2014-08-21 12:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
Any of the Annihilator sets posted would be something to aim for, you can drop some STP since you have a 660 delay. (not sure how much off hand)

ItemSet 319855

Is what I use, something similar should kill your alliance/party quite nicely. :D

Question are these ideal best in slot pieces or just what you were able to get? I would think Kyu DM2 body would be best midcast body due to the stp and I also was thinking Salvage hands for mid as well. I have seiryu kotes but haven't had them augmented and wasn't sure if I should because I don't know the optimal stp number to 4 or possibly 3 hit with buffs. Also is the consensus to OAT WSD+ the dagger or should we be adding STP to it as well? I wasn't sure if the WSD+ applied to the ranged ws.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-08-21 12:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know it's optimal, I only use Kyu if I need Ranged accuracy. Kotes are augmented with 4 STP so I ws in Tripudio/Chlamys/Kyujutsugi/Rajas, 31/20 store tp for tp/ws. Will drop Tripudio for my other vulcans when I get 5 on kotes, or the stp +6 belt.

If you're not using Skotes for their STP use Sigyn's.
Edit; I augmented with wsDMG +2% and Macc.
 Leviathan.Alvar
Server: Leviathan
user: Alvar1
By Leviathan.Alvar 2014-08-21 12:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone show spread sheet between Garuda +1 and Fenrir +1? (For Wildfire)
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-08-21 12:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Got 3 Q's:

1) Can a crossbow(mythic/delve crossbow,etc..) user get-away/use the same STP set for gun? If not, what is the best 3 hit build TP set for it? Assuming being fully buffed ofcourse.

What kind of buffs? If you aren't getting samurai roll, you could 4 hit but, if doing 2/3 Recycle proc and 5 STP on WS, it will take just about every Store TP piece that ranger can equip. You should aim for a 5 hit.
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-08-21 22:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Got 3 Q's:

What kind of buffs? If you aren't getting samurai roll, you could 4 hit but, if doing 2/3 Recycle proc and 5 STP on WS, it will take just about every Store TP piece that ranger can equip. You should aim for a 5 hit.

I aim for a 3-4hit, usually always a 3hit, since my LS events do it with 8 songs and 4 rolls up, and that's always.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-21 23:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Alvar said: »
Can anyone show spread sheet between Garuda +1 and Fenrir +1? (For Wildfire)

MDmg is GARBO for magical ws's

Trueflight is a better magical ws, btw, unless the mob resists light, or extra damage to fire.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-08-21 23:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
ItemSet 327300

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Trilling_Dagger
Said to be ~ 10%
Whereas the Chatoyant/Apollos' would be 15%

Moonshade>Novio
Orion+1>Wayfarer
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-08-22 00:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you're talking about changes between Wildfire to Trueflight because neither of those are true for Wildfire.

Edit: Was calculating Orion +1 against Wayfayer on my very difficult BC guesstimates so likely favored Wayfayer due to shitty dSTAT.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-22 00:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What I have in that pic you quoted from me is what should be the best possible wildfire set, yes.

Siren.Kyte said: »
Orion+1>Wayfarer
Fixed the head, thanks for pointing it out. It's 17 damage better!
I'll be damned, the orion head +1 (which you meant) is actually better than wayfarer.

Thanks for pointing that one out~! I missed it U_U;; not perfect

Moonshade does nothing for wildfire
Changing to trueflight, all you change is the second earring.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-08-22 00:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The original question was in regards to Trueflight and your post didn't mention changing Moonshade for it, which is why I mentioned it.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-08-22 00:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a shame trueflight doesn't do full damage to the gnole in delve when you need to proc it. Feels like it is semi-physical semi-magical like red lotus blade.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-22 00:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
The original question was in regards to Trueflight and your post didn't mention changing Moonshade for it, which is why I mentioned it.

That's why my post said:
The only difference for Trueflight is earring 2:
Novio changes to Moonshade tp bonus
(and obi for aurastorm)

And the set is called, wildfire. I know I should've been SPECIFIC, but lazy.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2014-08-23 11:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a maximum distance on Decoy Shot? Or does it always work so long as you're lined up and close enough to shoot the mob?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-23 11:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Themuffingirl said: »
always work so long as you're lined up and close enough to shoot the mob?
This.

If you can shoot it, and someone is in front of you, it works.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2014-08-23 11:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
By lhova 2014-08-23 13:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the base racc you should have on VD DM2 with ilvl anni? Base and buff numbers would be ideal. Just trying to figure out if I'm on an equal playing field.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-08-26 22:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Whats the base racc you should have on VD DM2 with ilvl anni? Base and buff numbers would be ideal. Just trying to figure out if I'm on an equal playing field.

Haven't played in a while, but I always had around 1015'ish in my sets for D DM. We usually rolled with just preludes, so if you have a cor and a brd, I don't see any problems with 1015'ish racc
 Leviathan.Mckeag
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-09-04 08:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an up-to-date Last stand ws set available to share?
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2014-09-04 09:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mckeag said: »
Anyone have an up-to-date Last stand ws set available to share?
Go back a few pages
 Leviathan.Mckeag
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-09-04 14:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 321521

Wouldn't Kyujutsugi be a better body to ws in and also rank 15 path B hands like Manibozho Gloves for Last stand ws?
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-04 21:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyujutsugi would only be better if you're in need of the STP during WS to achieve your x-hit build.

I haven't played around with Last Stand in a while but Sigyn's were still winning by an alright margin last time I did. Remember Manibozho have no STR and only 2 more AGI than Sigyn's, and STR is generally a far more attractive stat than Attack for RNG, assuming you aren't fSTR2 capped.
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 130 131 132