Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2014-04-26 03:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Snapshot said: »
/War is for fencer and berserk.

Are you guys still using relics?

Fencer doesn't work when using a 2hander in the main hand so using Mekki Shakki will negate the bonus of Fencer but going to a 1hander will screw up the amount of STP needed in non weapon/sub slot to other things.

Also I'm using Lionsquall the new JSE gun from this past update. I don't know what the others are using.
 Bismarck.Marmite
Server: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-04-26 04:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I don't use gun on rng, but I would imagine only shooting 3 times under decoy and spamming last stand would get you killed pretty fast.

In what situation would you want to 4 hit a non relic gun?
 Bahamut.Snapshot
Server: Bahamut
user: Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-04-26 10:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Raitoken said: »
/War is for fencer and berserk.

Are you guys still using relics?

Fencer doesn't work when using a 2hander in the main hand so using Mekki Shakki will negate the bonus of Fencer but going to a 1hander will screw up the amount of STP needed in non weapon/sub slot to other things.

Also I'm using Lionsquall the new JSE gun from this past update. I don't know what the others are using.

Ah, we are speaking specifically about your build. Sorry :P

I have only seen relic gun rangers using Shakki. Enm- WS is the only advantage to gun over bow's higher dps atm.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2014-04-26 10:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I have only seen relic gun rangers using Shakki. Enm- WS is the only advantage to gun over bow's higher dps atm.
That sounds backwards to me, I think maybe you're confused by seeing anni users with Prester. Yoichi needs mekki+bloodrain for a comfortable 4-hit.
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-04-26 21:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I also wanted to ask with warrior what are we getting from it other than berserk? Does aggressor/warcry/attack bonus passive affect ranged attacks equally or is it for berserk+stats of subbing war?

Aggressor doesn't add to Ranged Accuracy(at one point it did), Warcry still does, however(in all honestly I can't say I use it much, though. I've noticed one of our RNG does at times so I leech off of that and that's pretty much it). Berserk is huge, and Fencer is helpful. Fencer is more-so helpful for Last Stand than it is for other WS since it has damage varying with TP.

Also where can I read up on these PDIF values and how it affects my ability to do damage? I've played support most of my FFXI career where this wasn't a thing last time I played ranger. I would really like to understand this better and know how it applies to specific fights so I can gear accordingly.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/PDIF
In an attempt so summarize for RNG however; PDIF is your attack divided by enemy defense, however, when calculating total damage this value is actually run through a function instead of taking just the attack/defense value. This is what causes variation between basic attacks when meleeing/shooting. RNG has two unique cases, capped and ~1/3 from capped. When ranged attack is capped (PDIF of 3.0), all ranged attacks and weapon skills will do the same damage. When PDIF is between 0.9-1.1, the function will ALWAYS return 1.0, so again, when roughly 1/3rd away from the attack cap, all ranged attacks/weapon skills will do the same damage and as noted before, increasing your attack/defense value past 0.9 does nothing unless you can break 1.1. This is why I can make the assertion about Divine Might because having no variation in ranged attacks for an entire boss is easily observable. While I can't give a 100% certain estimate of their defense, I can round ball it, and more importantly I know when running with my LS I will be in this "soft cap" value fairly comfortably(mistakes have happened where Minuets will drop off, no GEO buff, COR weren't able to Dia IV properly).

Well since my build needs 28 STP to get 4 hit on 3/4 recycle proc I think the best method to make up the loss of STP from sam sub is really Mekki Shakki, Bloodrain Strap and DM2 body. I lose next to nothing by going this route and gain 16 store tp which is exactly what I need.

I don't like the suggestions you mentioned because I would like to keep the ranged acc and attack wherever possible and this seems to have the biggest impact with the lowest trade off. The body is only a 1 racc 1 ratk loss over orion +1 and the staff/strap is the stat loss of Hurlbat but adds 5 strength. These combined with Raja's the gorget and volley earring puts me at a 4 hit with /war sub.

Despite mentioning Trupido, I steered away from mentioning Kyujutsugi just because I'm not sure how readily obtainable DM drops are for most players. It is by far the go to TP body, no question asked. I personally still run Hurlbat because Mithra evasion still makes me cry sometimes, but if you'd already be planning running Mekki+Bloodrain, you obviously don't need swaps elsewhere as you said; again, just wasn't sure how easily obtainable Bloodrain is for most people, though Rose Strap would probably also work fine.

You say the hands are a potential swap as well. Are you talking Arcadian hands as a piece to TP in? I am wondering if you just are referring to the arcadian pieces to TP in like the beret and the pants and mentioning hands because of the kote and not meaning TP in arcadian hands. I see the potential with the kote augments if you roll well and it is something I could easily farm but I wonder if it isn't better than the rank15 Manibozho gloves assuming you meet your STP needs on gear already. This is where the PDIF values would come in handy in determining when you want one stat over the other.

Well, before Arcadian Hands came out, our hand options were pretty lackluster. Iuitl/Manibozho/Sigyn(gun only obviously) were all pretty much non-distinguishable from one another, even when accuracy wasn't an issue, so therefore the logical conclusion was pretty much to equip the highest accuracy piece just in the event that you needed the accuracy. However since Arcadian finally combine Ranged Attack STR and AGI into one package they can be called the best TP options when accuracy isn't an issue. Seriyu more come into play when trying to 3-hit gun since they not only give good STP but also give within ~2 accuracy to other i113-i119 options TP options. I wouldn't recommend them if you're planning on going Mekki+Bloodrain/Rose since you don't need the STP, was only suggesting them as a potential STP swap that's easily obtainable.

I just use Motenten Spreadsheets, I'm still using a pretty dated version and manually upgrade the gear myself based on what I'm using, but they can be downloaded here.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-28 13:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pardon if I missed this somewhere, but is the gear set for Coronach in the Guide the most up-to-date? I'm wanting to prepare ahead of time and plan out having the items I may be missing before I get my Anni.

Thanks.
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-04-28 14:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 315681

Arcadian Beret +1 if you're going for a 3-hit build, or if you really need the extra 5 TP in your WS to make whatever TP build you're doing work.

Kyujutsugi for the same reasons or if you don't feel like making Orion +1.

Khepri Jacket wins with HQ augment as long as you aren't attack starved. Kyujutsugi/Orion win other wise. Both crush NQ Kheper.

Main hand depends on hit build since you obviously can't swap from what you're TP-ing in. Prester is pretty common if going /SAM and 3-hit, but if you don't have all the necessary gear options to make a 3-hit work you'd probably need to go Mekki. If you're going /WAR I think Apothic still wins where you don't need accuracy as long as fSTR2 isn't capped, but I'm not 100% sure since I just use Hurlbat all the time anyways.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-28 14:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
ItemSet 315681

Arcadian Beret +1 if you're going for a 3-hit build, or if you really need the extra 5 TP in your WS to make whatever TP build you're doing work.

Kyujutsugi for the same reasons or if you don't feel like making Orion +1.

Khepri Jacket wins with HQ augment as long as you aren't attack starved. Kyujutsugi/Orion win other wise. Both crush NQ Kheper.

Main hand depends on hit build since you obviously can't swap from what you're TP-ing in. Prester is pretty common if going /SAM and 3-hit, but if you don't have all the necessary gear options to make a 3-hit work you'd probably need to go Mekki. If you're going /WAR I think Apothic still wins where you don't need accuracy as long as fSTR2 isn't capped, but I'm not 100% sure since I just use Hurlbat all the time anyways.

Thank you very much for the info.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-04-29 14:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone use AutoRA? trying to set the delay but it's not changing at all, Kinda stumped at the moment, tried editing the settings.txt and the AutoRA.lua file, to no avail.. >_<

Edit, I found a /wait 2, that I turned to a 1.5 and fixed it!
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-04-30 06:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

is it known how much weaponskill acc+ you get from belt/gorget/prester?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-04-30 07:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Its supposed to be +10.
By Darkshanks 2014-05-02 08:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/kingluffy77/media/img_20140501_191605_zps3508e0b3.png.html?filters[user]=140108070&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

I don't know if its good damage for bee but its my first high barrage ^^
By kenshynofshiva 2014-05-02 10:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well damn is all I can say like whoa....

Curious getting a Gun at 78/100 last stage and wondering whats the best rotation to stay hate free or it isn't an issue just /war and go all out? lol...
 Sylph.Limlight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2014-05-02 13:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

/war and go balls to the wall, ride decoy asap. There isn't any super special rotation. Even when decoy is down I can still constantly spam coro without worry. Also go for a true4 hit (without relying on sam roll), don't rely on recycle procs. Hotsoups posted a build (I believe in page 39 or 40). It's pretty sick.
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-05-02 15:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe wait a WS round or two at the start before barraging but that's about it. If you get like a 10-12k on a VD AA or something and don't have decoy up, maybe calm down a bit. But other than that it's pretty much smooth sailing.

Rely on SAM's roll if you know you'll have it obviously...and going for a full recycle round isn't a bad thing at all...though some people like to gear so that if one recycle doesn't land it still works. Comes down to preference, ultimate DPS decider is always how well you can time your shots.
[+]
By Chyula 2014-05-02 15:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shoot like a mad man and *** at the pld for not keeping hate. problem solved.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2014-05-02 16:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol can't wait to join the Gun club playing with the cibi bow and my God that thing is a hate magnet lol.
 Carbuncle.Jysthea
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jysthea
By Carbuncle.Jysthea 2014-05-06 19:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok.. I'm trying realllllly hard to find a legit anni set without DM drops, and it's like seemingly impossible.

I cannot find a reasonable set, without dropping like 50 racc. It's looking like resorting to AF3+2 legs and AF3+2 hands to make up for the lost 5 stp in ear and 5 stp on kyu...Or something like Goading+AF3 back.

I have no clue how to make these damn nodes.
Using a Mekki and Bloodrain

input /equip ear1 "Volley earring";
input /equip head "Arcadian beret +1";
input /equip ear2 "Clearview earring";
input /equip neck "Ocachi gorget";
input /equip ring1 "Paqichikaji ring";
input /equip body "Orion jerkin +1";
input /equip ring2 "Rajas ring";
input /equip hands "Manibozho gloves";
input /equip back "Sylvan Chlamys";
input /equip waist "Goading belt";
input /equip legs "Aeto. Trousers +1";
input /equip feet "Orion socks +1";

Is it better to just use /sam and keep the Lutian back/Elanid belt?
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-05-06 19:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Jysthea said: »
Ok.. I'm trying realllllly hard to find a legit anni set without DM drops, and it's like seemingly impossible.

I cannot find a reasonable set, without dropping like 50 racc. It's looking like resorting to AF3+2 legs and AF3+2 hands to make up for the lost 5 stp in ear and 5 stp on kyu...Or something like Goading+AF3 back.

I have no clue how to make these damn nodes.
Using a Mekki and Bloodrain

input /equip ear1 "Volley earring";
input /equip head "Arcadian beret +1";
input /equip ear2 "Clearview earring";
input /equip neck "Ocachi gorget";
input /equip ring1 "Paqichikaji ring";
input /equip body "Orion jerkin +1";
input /equip ring2 "Rajas ring";
input /equip hands "Manibozho gloves";
input /equip back "Sylvan Chlamys";
input /equip waist "Goading belt";
input /equip legs "Aeto. Trousers +1";
input /equip feet "Orion socks +1";

Is it better to just use /sam and keep the Lutian back/Elanid belt?

ItemSet 323233

I've been using this for most everything lately.. Liking it quite a bit actually, You could swap the DM earring for Aeto trousers +1.

I've used riverfin since I found out about it.. works great for me would recommend 2 preludes for MR.

Edit: S. Kotes have 4stp
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2014-05-07 09:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Lol can't wait to join the Gun club playing with the cibi bow and my God that thing is a hate magnet lol.

I can finally say I am a card carrying member of the Gun club now to get these trials done and get 119. Thanks for all the advice on my new setups. Just doing the trials and watching mobs turn and attack my healer npcs is pretty bad *** lol....
[+]
By Darkshanks 2014-05-07 15:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Could someone post a preshot set please? Or is the one posted on main page still the way to go?
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-05-07 17:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkshanks said: »
Could someone post a preshot set please? Or is the one posted on main page still the way to go?

Set on the front page is still fine.

Some swaps : AF+1 in the head slot, and Relic +1 in all other slots; at least one of the Arcadian pieces snapshot has reports of being broken(not sure which). I've personally switched out Emperyean head for AF+1 and didn't notice anything astronomically different. I can't speak for replacing something like Caban, though.

SE has said NQ Iuitl hands are the same snapshot as HQ(+5), so no reason to swap out hands unless you're trying to save inventory, since Arcadian hands are good for other uses. There's no official number(that I know of) on Nahtirah, so it's hard to say if Arcadian is better/worse or the same.
 Sylph.Tbd
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Tbd 2014-05-08 13:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

trying to find out if Sylvan Gapette +2 has to be equipped in precast or midcast to enhance double shot i would assume pre
 Cerberus.Truckie
user: Washburn
By Cerberus.Truckie 2014-05-08 14:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tbd said: »
trying to find out if Sylvan Gapette +2 has to be equipped in precast or midcast to enhance double shot i would assume pre

precast for the JA only.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-05-08 14:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
Darkshanks said: »

Set on the front page is still fine.

Some swaps : AF+1 in the head slot, and Relic +1 in all other slots; at least one of the Arcadian pieces snapshot has reports of being broken(not sure which). I've personally switched out Emperyean head for AF+1 and didn't notice anything astronomically different. I can't speak for replacing something like Caban, though.

SE has said NQ Iuitl hands are the same snapshot as HQ(+5), so no reason to swap out hands unless you're trying to save inventory, since Arcadian hands are good for other uses. There's no official number(that I know of) on Nahtirah, so it's hard to say if Arcadian is better/worse or the same.

Nahtirah is +9% snapshot and af2+1 is +10% but apparently its still broken. Better to go with Nahtirah for preshot then if you need the racc switch to af2+1.
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2014-05-08 15:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Truckie said: »

precast for the JA only.

Are you sure? I haven't seen any testing for that and I believe most other Empyrean enhancements only work while equipped. For example, MNK body only enhances Impetus while it's equipped and RNG body only enhances Velocity shot while it's equipped. Either way it's only Enmity -50 which you probably aren't going to get that much use out of since you likely have a lot of -enmity anyway. Counting merits I have -51 enmity in my TP set which is over the -enmity cap.
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-05-08 16:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The best we have for Nahtirah snapshot is Byrth's tests, being the 9% it's generally accepted as, but that does not make it true as there have been a handful of SE-official snapshot values that do not match our tested values in a 1:1 ratio, nor has there been any evidence to concretely show a 2:1 ratio.

Flippant discusses this a bit more passionately than I would a few pages back :

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38352/power-rangers-a-guide-to-pewing/39

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38352/power-rangers-a-guide-to-pewing/40/

Additionally, as stated in the arguments a few pages back, even assuming the result to be 2:1 translates Nahtirah into Snapshot +4.5 which isn't very typical of SE's naming system; which could mean Byrth's value was actually 8% or 10%(He even stated it could be 10% depending on how Ranged Delay is calculated), or they could handle Snapshot stupidly like haste.

tl;dr : Can't concretely say which is better, but Arcadian Legs are currently broken, so we can concretely say Nahtirah is better for now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-05-08 17:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Glecent said: »
Cerberus.Truckie said: »

precast for the JA only.

Are you sure? I haven't seen any testing for that and I believe most other Empyrean enhancements only work while equipped. For example, MNK body only enhances Impetus while it's equipped and RNG body only enhances Velocity shot while it's equipped. Either way it's only Enmity -50 which you probably aren't going to get that much use out of since you likely have a lot of -enmity anyway. Counting merits I have -51 enmity in my TP set which is over the -enmity cap.

Just curious, can you link a source stating the -50 enmity bonus? I can't find anywhere stating this.
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
user: Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2014-05-08 18:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

JP Wiki using one of the JP equipment books as a reference I believe. For some reason I couldn't get google translate to translate the full page but:

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/21946.html

スナップショット効果アップは+5と据え置きだが、ダブルショット効果アップは敵対心-50に効果がアップする。

Google Translate JP wiki said:
Snapshot effect up's deferred +5, but the effect is up to hostility -50 double shot up effect.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-05-08 21:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Glecent said: »
JP Wiki using one of the JP equipment books as a reference I believe. For some reason I couldn't get google translate to translate the full page but:

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/21946.html

スナップショット効果アップは+5と据え置きだが、ダブルショット効果アップは敵対心-50に効果がアップする。

Google Translate JP wiki said:
Snapshot effect up's deferred +5, but the effect is up to hostility -50 double shot up effect.

Very interesting, thanks man.
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 130 131 132