Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-04-16 14:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Sylph.Bekah said: »
Phoenix.Phillie said: »
af and relic pieces are worth upgrading for rng..

And still waitin on someone to post yoichi and a crossbow sets

This set depends on 4/4 Recycle procs:

ItemSet 321022

But that's my current crossbow set.

What exactly is the point of a crossbow set in this current metagame?

No snark, seriously inquiring.

I'll field that one, since I put that set together for her- 1) Oxidant/Acid Bolts and 2) Illapa is extremely easy to gear for effectively. Xbow has low delay but easy 5hit for high TP gain. You need less Store TP, so you sacrifice fewer slots where you could have ranged acc/etc.

More specifically for our situation, she needed to be able to contribute in fights like Difficult AA/DM and Marjami that aren't melee-friendly. But I didn't feel that it was wise to commit a lot of resources into making an Annihilator for her, since ranger is such a hot-and-cold job for content. Our ls has some excellent relic gun rangers, and so crossbow helps them do more damage at the cost of some of her damage.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
Server: Ragnarok
user: Antz
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-04-16 14:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

On 1 page all I see is 2 girls arguing over nothing. On the other I see sets of uncommon gear for some people(DM2 items). A simple xstp would have worked much easier.

@Above, looks nice. Just need to get hands on an xbow xD ty
 Bahamut.Thundro
Server: Bahamut
user: Thundro
By Bahamut.Thundro 2014-04-21 04:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Washburn said: »
Paste-in rapid shot sets for Gearswap when Overkill is active.
Code
Overkill_Set_Names = {'Normal','Acc'}
	sets.Overkill = {}
	sets.Overkill.Normal = {
		head="Orion Beret +1",
		neck="Ocachi gorget",
		ear1="Clearview Earring",
		ear2="Volley Earring",
		body="Arcadian Jerkin +1",
		hands="Arcadian bracers +1",
		ring1="Hajduk ring +1",
		ring2="Bellona's ring",
		back="Lutian cape",
		waist="Elanid Belt",
		legs="Entois Trousers",
		feet="Arcadian Socks +1"}

sets.Overkill.Acc = {
		head="Orion Beret +1",
		neck="Iqabi necklace",
		ear1="Clearview Earring",
		ear2="Volley Earring",
		body="Orion jerkin +1",
		hands="Sigyn's bazubands",
		ring1="Hajduk ring +1",
		ring2="Bellona's ring",
		back="Lutian cape",
		waist="Elanid Belt",
		legs="Entois Trousers",
		feet="Arcadian Socks +1"}

And
Code
function midcast(spell)
	if spell.name == "Ranged" then
		equip(sets.Midshot[Midshot_Set_Names[Midshot_Index]])
		if buffactive.Overkill then
			equip(sets.Overkill[Overkill_Set_Names[Overkill_Index]])
		end
	end
end

Lastly
Code
elseif command == 'overkill' then
		Overkill_Index = Overkill_Index +1
		if Overkill_Index > #Overkill_Set_Names then Overkill_Index = 1 end
		add_to_chat(207,'Overkill Set Changed to: '..Overkill_Set_Names[Overkill_Index]..'')

Is this not aimed at maximizing rapid shot and hence does it not have to be preshot? Or did I get your intention wrong
By Pantafernando 2014-04-21 05:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Mswildfire said: »
Hello, I'm very very new to Ranger so I'm wondering what the stp needed in a TP to make 4/5hit builds. I currently only have Falubeza bow atm.

If i didnt mess with my math:

Delay of falubeza+arrow 540+90= 630
Tp gain=14,5+(630-530)*3,5/470
Tpgain=15,2

4 hits:
100-15,2=(tp'+5)*3
tp'=23,2
STp=23,2/15,2
STp=53

5 hits:
100-15,2=(tp'+5)*4
tp'=16,2
STp=7
 Asura.Raitoken
Server: Asura
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2014-04-21 19:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on this set to tp in?

ItemSet 322701

The set has 12 store tp and with /sam sub a total of 27.(15 store tp from sub passive trait)

This should be a 4 hit with 3 recycle procs which you TP with 90% recycle.

Also thoughts on this WS set?

ItemSet 322702

Yes the pants from delve are better and the whole set could be +1 ideally but overall what are the thoughts on it? I'm not sure if I'm going to make the moonshade earring for my ranger or my mage classes so I chose to omit that for the earrings.

I think the gear in the sticky is quite outdated so I filled in gear where I thought it needed. This is my first time gearing a non-caster job so I'm not sure how much 1 str compares to 1 agi and 1 ranged attack and 1 ranged acc ect. This makes it hard to pick which stat is worth it overall so any input would be nice.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-04-21 19:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you're using x-hit naming properly(where you count the WS as a "hit"), your math seems off; given that there is no STP in your WS set, you would need 36 STP with a full recycle round to 4-hit that gun.

Hierarchy listed is still true for Last Stand assuming you're 5/5 on it, STR options can tie or pull ahead of AGI options if you're as low as 2/5 merits on it.
 Asura.Raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2014-04-21 22:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
Assuming you're using x-hit naming properly(where you count the WS as a "hit"), your math seems off; given that there is no STP in your WS set, you would need 36 STP with a full recycle round to 4-hit that gun.

Hierarchy listed is still true for Last Stand assuming you're 5/5 on it, STR options can tie or pull ahead of AGI options if you're as low as 2/5 merits on it.

Well this is how i got my numbers.

Using the Lionsquall with the Ra'Kaznar bullets we have 600+240 delay which puts us in the top end for tp using the formula on the store tp page on http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Store_TP

That gives us 16.8% tp a hit. With an additional 27 store TP we will get 21.3% TP a hit which is required to get 85% TP in 4 hits. Why 85%? Because if recycle procs 3 of the 4 times netting us 5% a shot we make up that 15% and thus get 100% in 4 hits, or 3 hits and 1 ws hit. You are right I have no store TP in my WS set so that may be an issue but with it being 2 hit I was hoping that would offset it.

This has all been on paper thus far and in the next day or so I'll get my SAM to 50 and start testing it to see if the numbers match what I get in game. I'm also assuming a 90% recycle rate since BGwiki has 99rng as having 55% recycle, combined with manibozo hands merits and the reforged relic head I'm pretty sure it's right.

Also I get that AGI > STR ect for last stand it makes sense but when you have pieces like the JSE cape vs say Sylvan back for last stand which is better? I agree 1 agi > 1 ranged attack but what about 2 ranged attack? 3? 5? Will 1 agility be better than say 15 ranged attack? I am really looking at a general value for each something like

5agi = 3str = 2ranged attack

If we could get something like that^ it would be a lot easier to evaluate pieces of gear when they have multiple stats.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-04-21 22:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Think you'd be better off using a Hurlbat and back with WS mods.
 Asura.Raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2014-04-21 22:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
Think you'd be better off using a Hurlbat and back with WS mods.

Hurlbat I could see being better. I was going more offensive with the attack and str on the axe since I had so much ranged acc already.

What back do you suggest? Not too familiar with the ones with WS mods.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-04-21 22:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't remember offhand but I think I use the +8 agi one, I could spreadsheet something tomorrow if I get time.
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-04-21 22:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I can tell from a quick spreadsheet run, back options should be Buquwik>Ik>JSE, assuming you're benefiting from the Attack and have a reasonable pdif(such as Delve).

As for your sets, I did forget to include your WS as a potential recycle round. However, assuming you're using conventional naming correctly(4-hit means 3 normal shots in between your Last Stand) :

16.8*1.27=21.3; 21.3+21.3+21.3(your 3 shots)+16.8(first hit of last stand only)=80.7. So in this case, only a perfect recycle round on your WS and all 3 hits in between would give you the extra TP needed.

If you're referring to 4-hit as 4 normal shots in between last stands, then you shouldn't need any additional STP outside of your TP neck.

16.8*1.05=17.6; 17.6*4+16.8=87.2, which will get you 100 TP with 3/5 recycle rounds(counting your chance on WS).

If you land the extra hit you for sure get 1 extra TP, but I'm not sure if recycle effects this.
 Asura.Raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2014-04-22 19:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I can tell from a quick spreadsheet run, back options should be Buquwik>Ik>JSE, assuming you're benefiting from the Attack and have a reasonable pdif(such as Delve).

As for your sets, I did forget to include your WS as a potential recycle round. However, assuming you're using conventional naming correctly(4-hit means 3 normal shots in between your Last Stand) :

16.8*1.27=21.3; 21.3+21.3+21.3(your 3 shots)+16.8(first hit of last stand only)=80.7. So in this case, only a perfect recycle round on your WS and all 3 hits in between would give you the extra TP needed.

If you're referring to 4-hit as 4 normal shots in between last stands, then you shouldn't need any additional STP outside of your TP neck.

16.8*1.05=17.6; 17.6*4+16.8=87.2, which will get you 100 TP with 3/5 recycle rounds(counting your chance on WS).

If you land the extra hit you for sure get 1 extra TP, but I'm not sure if recycle effects this.

Nope, I'm referring to 4hit as WS+RA+RA+RA. It would seem if the WS generates that little TP on hit I will need to up the TP gain so that the 3 ranged attacks compensate. That or put some StoreTP in the WS macro. However the WS will have 15 store TP from /sam subjob so there is also that. It shouldn't be too hard to pickup extra TP though.

I may want to get the STP staff and strap in the end since I think you need a 2hander in your main hand to trigger hasso anyways which should out-preform Hurlbat.
 Sylph.Limlight
By Sylph.Limlight 2014-04-23 13:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

what is the snapshot difference between Iuitl wristband and the +1? I've been looking around and I can't find it.
By Guts007 2014-04-23 17:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it has been confirmed that there is any difference. Both should also max at +2 Snapshot.
 Bahamut.Snapshot
user: Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-04-23 17:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're referring to the augs, +3 is the most I've seen.
By Guts007 2014-04-23 17:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have a Screen shot? I have been wondering that myself since I was told +3 was cap but never saw any proof.
 Bahamut.Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-04-23 18:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No screenshot, sorry. Seen them on both NQ and +1 in game.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-04-23 19:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Guts007 said: »
Do you have a Screen shot? I have been wondering that myself since I was told +3 was cap but never saw any proof.

Page 35 of this thread has a screenshot of +3 snap.
 Sylph.Limlight
By Sylph.Limlight 2014-04-23 20:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

so they're like arc legs+1 and broken? I ask because the +1 wristbands have "snapshot+5" on them. It has me a little confused if you could add a +3 augment on top of that and what the value of the nq was.

mostly i'm curious if I "need" to +1 the wristbands then start working on the augment. Since my goal is max snapshot can I get that with NQ wristbands and augmenting them or is the +1 required.
By Guts007 2014-04-23 21:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
page 35 of this thread has a screenshot of +3 snap.
Friend said that was photo shopped. Doesn't look shopped to me though. Done easily over 50 Augs between nq and hq pairs no +3 myself just bad luck I guess.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-04-23 21:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Guts007 said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
page 35 of this thread has a screenshot of +3 snap.
Friend said that was photo shopped. Please next time you see a pair SS and post.

My LS mate has a pair with +3 snap as well. Pretty sure the pic is legit. I'll see if I can snap a SS though.
By Guts007 2014-04-23 22:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Np don't worry about SS' lol I believe you guys just my own bad luck trying to convince me otherwise.
 Asura.Raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2014-04-23 22:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going to bother with them until I can +1 them since it will prolly have a higher end cap of +4 or +5 snapshot on top of being 5% snapshot base I think?

Til then Manibozho gloves are fine IMO.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-04-23 22:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Raitoken said: »
I'm not going to bother with them until I can +1 them since it will prolly have a higher end cap of +4 or +5 snapshot on top of being 5% snapshot base I think?

Til then Manibozho gloves are fine IMO.

NQ Iuitl are better than Manibozho for preshot. They're either the same as HQ (+5) or they're +4, which would make sense since haste is +4% and goes up to +5%.

Just to clarify, people are saying +5 "might" equate to 10% delay reduction, where Mani gets 4% delay reduction.
 Asura.Raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2014-04-24 19:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Alrighty got my sam sub to 50 and have been doing some testing with it and the build I made.

The build is potential 4 hit with 4/4 recycle proc which is quite common. It took me 10 ws rounds(getting to 100tp and WS x10) to finally not have recycle proc.

Now my Last Stand is returning 25MP without a conserve TP proc but that is recycle proc so 20tp back. I don't think that is both hits hitting the target since I'm WS'ing on bees outside Jeuno and they die to a non-crit ranged attack so they should die in the first hit of last stand.

After I do a WS+RAx3 I have 104% tp with 4/4 recycle proc so assuming I get 3/4 which is more realistic then I would be @99% tp. I need 1 more store TP to fix this. I'm thinking of going with a Fire staff +store TP grip. Either the one from AA or from campaign would work. This seems best since Mekki Shakki is overkill and I'm getting an extra 10 ranged attack with fire staff. Also I need a 2handed weapon to take advantage of Hasso anyways which is an additional 7 str. I'm not sure how that enhances ws damage staff does so I'm not considering it at the moment(cant recall the name either). In the end when I get the DM2 body with +5 store tp on it I can go to a str grip and forget any store TP on my weapon/grip and be fine for a 4hit build with 3/4 recycle proc. However with light belt and natural conserve TP trait if either proc for even 1tp it will be 4hit on 3/4 recycle proc which is also good.
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-04-25 00:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It comes down to what you're planning on using it for, really. My LS mate realized we could do a 3-hit using Divine Might gear and /SAM, and many of our RNG picked up on DPS changing to this. However I still easily outparse them on Delve runs(I don't have a 3-hit build because I lack a few gear options currently) simply because the attack benefit of subbing /WAR and being 4-hit outweighs /SAM STP benefits. /SAM is pretty niche, surprisingly, VD DM happens to fall into this category because even with full buffs you're in an awkward PDIF value regardless of subbing /WAR or /SAM, so since there is no benefit to extra attack, /SAM ends up winning out. Even on Delve 1.0 /WAR will generally win out as long as Berserk isn't going to waste, and therefore the same holds true for Delve 2.0.

Ultimately what I'm trying to say here is if you're running some kind of 6-man/low man content, it may be more beneficial to include a Corsair for Samurai Roll, where as many groups would go for 3 RNG instead. A 4-hit isn't usually something considered hard to reach and I think subbing Samurai for it is a bit silly; if you're talking purely solo, that's a bit different.

Edit: Given that you'd be looking to replace 15 STP lost from /SAM, Ring, Belt, Earring, and Back are all low damage options that have decent STP replacements. Sylvan back, Goading Belt(or the Dual Wield/STP one, if you don't feel like farming Goading), K'ayres Ring, and Tripudio Earring. Back would be the last swap I'd make in this situation; however it's probably worth it if you don't have something like Tripudio due to not doing Divine Might. Hands are also a potential swap; Arcadian are actually the best pure TP piece we've had in a while, but Seiryu with an STP augment are still a good contender(especially if you can get an additional Crit. Hit augment) if they make a difference in your hit-build.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cumulonimbus
user: Strawberr
By Bahamut.Cumulonimbus 2014-04-25 13:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone done testing on the arcadian bracers +1 for snapshot? i found posts mentioning that it's slower than iuitl but i haven't had luck with iuitl, i've spent quite some money on the iuitl already and no luck with any amount of snapshot, debating if +4 =8% i may as well stick with that and not worry about spending too much more, thank you in advance!
 Asura.Raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2014-04-26 01:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It comes down to what you're planning on using it for, really. My LS mate realized we could do a 3-hit using Divine Might gear and /SAM, and many of our RNG picked up on DPS changing to this. However I still easily outparse them on Delve runs(I don't have a 3-hit build because I lack a few gear options currently) simply because the attack benefit of subbing /WAR and being 4-hit outweighs /SAM STP benefits.

That is very interesting. I would have thought a 3 hit build would be impossible to do but it seems doable now that you mention it with the right gear. You say some of your rangers picked up DPS doing this but would they pick up even more going 4hit like you did? Is it a skill issue here or a lack of a relic?

I also wanted to ask with warrior what are we getting from it other than berserk? Does aggressor/warcry/attack bonus passive affect ranged attacks equally or is it for berserk+stats of subbing war?

/SAM is pretty niche, surprisingly, VD DM happens to fall into this category because even with full buffs you're in an awkward PDIF value regardless of subbing /WAR or /SAM, so since there is no benefit to extra attack, /SAM ends up winning out. Even on Delve 1.0 /WAR will generally win out as long as Berserk isn't going to waste, and therefore the same holds true for Delve 2.0.

Well I may be a little dated in my thinking of the last time I played Ranger which was back in sky days. I would sub war but found myself pulling hate so often I would spend more time on the floor and weakened then actually fighting. I am a little worried because I don't have the relic I'll pull hate and get 1shot with berserk on but this might be a bit more manageable with the new tools RNG has to shed hate and the reworking of enmity combined with more -enmity on ranger pieces. I am interested in getting Annihilator but I have to finish my Aegis first. Once that's done I'll get it but for the time being I'm rocking a Lionsquall which is working great.

Also where can I read up on these PDIF values and how it affects my ability to do damage? I've played support most of my FFXI career where this wasn't a thing last time I played ranger. I would really like to understand this better and know how it applies to specific fights so I can gear accordingly.

Ultimately what I'm trying to say here is if you're running some kind of 6-man/low man content, it may be more beneficial to include a Corsair for Samurai Roll, where as many groups would go for 3 RNG instead. A 4-hit isn't usually something considered hard to reach and I think subbing Samurai for it is a bit silly; if you're talking purely solo, that's a bit different.

Yea subbing SAM seemed like a good idea, it gives a perfect balance of offense and defense. It's also nice when you barrage and get back like 150+ tp after a WS + WS tp and hit it one more time to then use the ability to limit tp to 100 a WS and double WS. That with third eye for the occasional time its coming after me seems good. Also Hasso provides some extra strength which is a nice bonus along with meditate.

I guess subbing sam is still in my head for my reasons I mentioned above with the old days of pulling hate left and right but proper use of cooldowns should mitigate this.

Edit: Given that you'd be looking to replace 15 STP lost from /SAM, Ring, Belt, Earring, and Back are all low damage options that have decent STP replacements. Sylvan back, Goading Belt(or the Dual Wield/STP one, if you don't feel like farming Goading), K'ayres Ring, and Tripudio Earring. Back would be the last swap I'd make in this situation; however it's probably worth it if you don't have something like Tripudio due to not doing Divine Might. Hands are also a potential swap; Arcadian are actually the best pure TP piece we've had in a while, but Seiryu with an STP augment are still a good contender(especially if you can get an additional Crit. Hit augment) if they make a difference in your hit-build.

Well since my build needs 28 STP to get 4 hit on 3/4 recycle proc I think the best method to make up the loss of STP from sam sub is really Mekki Shakki, Bloodrain Strap and DM2 body. I lose next to nothing by going this route and gain 16 store tp which is exactly what I need.

I don't like the suggestions you mentioned because I would like to keep the ranged acc and attack wherever possible and this seems to have the biggest impact with the lowest trade off. The body is only a 1 racc 1 ratk loss over orion +1 and the staff/strap is the stat loss of Hurlbat but adds 5 strength. These combined with Raja's the gorget and volley earring puts me at a 4 hit with /war sub.

You say the hands are a potential swap as well. Are you talking Arcadian hands as a piece to TP in? I am wondering if you just are referring to the arcadian pieces to TP in like the beret and the pants and mentioning hands because of the kote and not meaning TP in arcadian hands. I see the potential with the kote augments if you roll well and it is something I could easily farm but I wonder if it isn't better than the rank15 Manibozho gloves assuming you meet your STP needs on gear already. This is where the PDIF values would come in handy in determining when you want one stat over the other.

Also wanted to ask you if you could link me your DPS spreadsheet so I can try out different things in that. I wonder if like the 15 AGI from Seiryu's kote would be a bigger help for last stand(mine is 5/5 merits) than Manibozho gloves. I think the spreadsheet could help me find out if the extra 5 agi for Last Stand would on Seiryu's Kote would be better than 5 less agi and 30 ranged attack for my WS set.

Overall Great response and I appreciate the insight you have given here. This is really helping me improve my ranger game :D
 Bahamut.Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-04-26 02:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

/War is for fencer and berserk.

Are you guys still using relics?
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 130 131 132