First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 130 131 132
 Ragnarok.Matix
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2014-03-27 00:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
New gear snapshot is a bit of unknown territory too, the numbers don't match the tests. Iuitl hands+1 being 5 snapshot, where they should be 10. I'm guessing the game counts 5 as 10% reduction, so new legs should be 10% over nahtirahs 9.

I am fairly certain the snapshot on the nq/hq arcadian braccae is not working (at all). I whipped up a plugin that measures the time from the r.atk start packet, til the r.atk finish packet, and with the exception of rapid shot procs, there was no increase at all over wearing absolutely nothing. I could equip natihrah, and see that the snapshot was working instantly(450ms~ reduction on a 4550ms~ shot), however the braccae was doing nothing in both nq/hq forms. Unless someone can shed light in the other direction(please do, cause i feel like i was going crazy with the testing), I'm confident to call them broken.
By Otomis 2014-03-27 03:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Never heard about Prester until now. Do RNGs use this with Coronach at all??

Otomis said: »
Turning Anni Stage 4 in tomorrow and playing with sets/looking up gear ideas. Tending to think outside the box and not cookie cutter wondering as anyone considered pairing Prester + Bloodrain. I have it coming ahead by a significant amount using common high lv buff set up in Mote's sheets. Can keep a Anni/Con 4-hit with it also rather easily.

EDIT: Did not consider some may not get why I am posting the staff, it works in the same way gorget/belt works, 100ftp and +10 acc to WS.

Many Rng who played back in 75 Days used it when /Sam was the way to go. Especially for those Odin Burns. I automatic jumped to the idea of using it still. The issue is with the combination of Berserk/ Fencer From /War, as well The Racc from Hurlbat, or the Huge Str Boost from Kukri, you end up loosing on factors better suited for current end game content.

I have not parsed it myself but Rng/Sam could still be very viable with a 1 hit less hit build and Prester.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-03-27 04:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

New gear snapshot is a bit of unknown territory too, the numbers don't match the tests. Iuitl hands+1 being 5 snapshot, where they should be 10. I'm guessing the game counts 5 as 10% reduction, so new legs should be 10% over nahtirahs 9.

Not necessarily. A few other items known to be wrong:

Acinaces 6.5% should be 5
Navarch's Mantle 6.5% should be 5
Navarch's Culottes +2 6.5% should be 5
Commodore Gants +2 9% should be 7
Gastraphetes 10% should be 5
Zha'go's 3% should be 5? JP wiki doesn't cite source though, or even mention the value on its own page, so a little skeptical
And obviously, Iuitl Wristbands 10% should probably be 5

These numbers come from the JP FFXI magazines. http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/3001.html for more numbers (Nahtirah has "9?" listed, probably got the number from Byrth's testing).
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-03-27 06:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Matix said: »

I am fairly certain the snapshot on the nq/hq arcadian braccae is not working (at all). I whipped up a plugin that measures the time from the r.atk start packet, til the r.atk finish packet, and with the exception of rapid shot procs, there was no increase at all over wearing absolutely nothing. I could equip natihrah, and see that the snapshot was working instantly(450ms~ reduction on a 4550ms~ shot), however the braccae was doing nothing in both nq/hq forms. Unless someone can shed light in the other direction(please do, cause i feel like i was going crazy with the testing), I'm confident to call them broken.

I recently upgraded arcadian bracers +1 and started using them for pre-shot instead of iuitl (nq, no snapshot aug) and it just feels slower, obviously just eyeballing it but I thought I was going crazy.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-03-27 07:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Never heard about Prester until now. Do RNGs use this with Coronach at all??

Turning Anni Stage 4 in tomorrow and playing with sets/looking up gear ideas. Tending to think outside the box and not cookie cutter wondering as anyone considered pairing Prester + Bloodrain. I have it coming ahead by a significant amount using common high lv buff set up in Mote's sheets. Can keep a Anni/Con 4-hit with it also rather easily.

EDIT: Did not consider some may not get why I am posting the staff, it works in the same way gorget/belt works, 100ftp and +10 acc to WS.

Many Rng who played back in 75 Days used it when /Sam was the way to go. Especially for those Odin Burns. I automatic jumped to the idea of using it still. The issue is with the combination of Berserk/ Fencer From /War, as well The Racc from Hurlbat, or the Huge Str Boost from Kukri, you end up loosing on factors better suited for current end game content.

I have not parsed it myself but Rng/Sam could still be very viable with a 1 hit less hit build and Prester.

A lot of rangers currently use it, from what I am seeing. I'm building a popset now to do this weekend maybe.

Also, Keityan posted some information on 3-hit builds a page or two back. With enough sTP, it's possible to attain a 3-hit and not lose a lot in the way of stats in your TP and WS phases.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-03-27 08:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not necessarily. Byrth mentioned his Iuitl hands test was inaccurate.

It's likely they've always been 5%.

It would be really nice if we had new data for all the new Snapshot and Rapid Shot pieces though.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-03-27 09:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just gonna start a fire:

Rapid Shot is awesome with Archery.
Snapshot is awesome with Marksmanship & Archery.

Dunno why but the Archery seems to get more Rapid Shot procs than Marksmanship.

My proof! Anecdotal evidence. ^_^

Edit: But I'm sure some anni rangers have noticed yoichi rangers popping off shots like a machine bow at times with the new gear.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-03-27 09:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect your observation is biased by the longer delay of guns. Rapid Shot is a variable reduction, so with a shorter delay, you not only see faster shots (regardless of Rapid Shot, actually), but you have more shots-per-minute.
 Asura.Hotsoups
Server: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2014-03-27 16:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite a few people have asked to see my Annihilator sets over the last couple weeks so I decided I'd post them here.

Disclaimer, these may or may not be optimal and I haven't looked over some of the new equipment.

ItemSet 321580
This set saves you from bad recycled rounds, and eyeballed conserve TP procs. Kote are augmented +4 STP and +2 crit rate

ItemSet 262127
If buffs drop you can swap legs to Arcadian +1, feet to Orion +1, gloves to Sigyn's bazubands if you feel you need acc.

ItemSet 262126

ItemSet 321581
I'd use Uk'uxkaj cap if I felt acc wasn't an issue. Usually is though since only bring RNG to endgame content. And I never bothered to get +1 barrage pants. xD

ItemSet 321582

ItemSet 321583
Still not sold on Rapid shot being better to preshot in.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-03-27 18:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What is snapshot on sylvan head? and do your iuitl+1 hands have snapshot aug?
 Asura.Hotsoups
Server: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2014-03-27 18:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

No clue, and I haven't been lucky enough to get a snapshot augment yet. Definitely a work in progress!
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-03-28 08:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
What is snapshot on sylvan head?

The snapshot test thread on BG indicates 5%.
 Bismarck.Marmite
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-03-28 09:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Nahtirah for snapshot.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-03-28 09:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
What is snapshot on sylvan head?

The snapshot test thread on BG indicates 5%.

Ok thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
user: Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2014-03-28 10:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Marmite said: »
Nahtirah for snapshot.

You get 2% of snapshot for every +1 snapshot. So Arcadian Legs +1 is 10%.

10% > 9%
[+]
 Ragnarok.Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2014-03-28 12:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

But arcadian legs/+1 are currently broken :\

Also, is it even possible to have an item give us an odd # %? that would mean the item is implied to give snapshot +4.5, I just don't see SE doing something like that given their usual stance on decimals.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-03-28 17:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zorik said: »
Nahtirah for snapshot.

10% > 9%

Source? Because I can't find any way to conclude this between the known numbers and Byrth's testing.

If Iuitl Wristbands, Gastraphetes, Acinaces, Navarch's Mantle, and Navarch's Culottes are all in fact Snapshot +5, and Byrth's results for the first two are 10% and the last three are 6.5%, how can we reasonably say that 9% from the testing means the Snapshot on Natirah is +4.5? (And as Matix pointed out, there are no known numbers that are not whole, although that doesn't mean it's not possible.)

Furthermore, the only other item from Byrth's testing that was "determined" to be 9% (Commodore Gants +2) is actually Snapshot +7.

Please provide the information I am apparently missing that allows you to state, as a fact, that Nahtirah is less than Snapshot +5, or else kindly refrain from phrasing your personal assumptions as more than just that.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-03-28 17:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

SE treats Bonus TP as a 3-digit number to represent a 2-digit number plus a fractional number after the decimal point. That is, Jump TP Bonus +25 means +2.5 TP. Makes sense, in a stupid way, given they have always worked with tenths of a point of TP.

Does that mean Snapshot is handled similarly? Dunno. I'd be more inclined to expect it to be hexadecimal like Haste, but that is apparently not the case.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2014-03-28 17:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

TP is the only(?) thing that behaves that way, typically SE floors any decimals off of their values.

Edit: on that topic, if you have some various examples of values that SE doesn't floor the decimals from, aside from TP, throw them out here please
 Odin.Ketsuu
Server: Odin
By Odin.Ketsuu 2014-03-30 13:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Barrage Crit. hit? wondering what to put on secondary augment on ASA pants. was thinking Barrage +1 and Crit. Hit DMG+3%? any suggestions?
 Ragnarok.Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2014-03-30 16:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ketsuu said: »
Can Barrage Crit. hit?

It absolutely can!
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
user: Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2014-03-31 09:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
Nahtirah for snapshot.

10% > 9%

Source? Because I can't find any way to conclude this between the known numbers and Byrth's testing.

If Iuitl Wristbands, Gastraphetes, Acinaces, Navarch's Mantle, and Navarch's Culottes are all in fact Snapshot +5, and Byrth's results for the first two are 10% and the last three are 6.5%, how can we reasonably say that 9% from the testing means the Snapshot on Natirah is +4.5? (And as Matix pointed out, there are no known numbers that are not whole, although that doesn't mean it's not possible.)

Furthermore, the only other item from Byrth's testing that was "determined" to be 9% (Commodore Gants +2) is actually Snapshot +7.

Please provide the information I am apparently missing that allows you to state, as a fact, that Nahtirah is less than Snapshot +5, or else kindly refrain from phrasing your personal assumptions as more than just that.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/119561-Random-Question-Does-snapshot-have-a-cap

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Sylvan_Caban_+2?utm_source=bg&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=wikify look at the description

This has been common knowledge for quite some time, just read the description of Snapshot "Reduces aiming delay by 2% per level".

I am of course assuming Byrth's testing is correct when I say Nahtirah is 9% (as is everyone else, not a personal assumption). http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Nahtirah_Trousers
 Bismarck.Jimothy
user: Jimothy
By Bismarck.Jimothy 2014-03-31 11:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is that gear that explicitly states "Snapshot + X" has only been released within the couple months. Before that it was only "Enhances Snapshot effect". The nomenclature used (1 snapshot = 2%) was merely adopted by the community based on the merits, and SE's definition may not be the same. Its not reliable to assume that's how they intend it, for SMN merits each point increases pet magic attack by 2, but you don't see everyone assuming that every point of pet mab on gear is worth 2.

However, that's not to say that its incorrect either, there is just 0 proof one way or the other. Even if it is, SE is so inconsistent that honestly each piece should be looked at individually (look at WHM merits for regen compared to relic body, straight number increase vs percentage). Testing snapshot on gear that non-RNG can wear should be relatively easy with a plugin like Matix wrote, mind sharing it? I'd be glad to test the pieces I have.
 Bahamut.Snapshot
Server: Bahamut
user: Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-03-31 11:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Snapshot+ X has been around since original Skirm Augs and tested. Btw, Arcadian legs SS still broken?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-03-31 11:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Snapshot said: »
Snapshot+ X has been around since original Skirm Augs and tested. Btw, Arcadian legs SS still broken?

Just curious, do you have sources for these tests on skirmish gear with +snapshot augments?

I'm only aware of Byrths, which did not cover augments.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-31 12:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well actually Snapshot+ has been in since sky gear augments crimson/blood hands get snapshot+ and that was tested to be every +1 is worth 2%.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-03-31 15:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
Nahtirah for snapshot.

10% > 9%

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/119561-Random-Question-Does-snapshot-have-a-cap

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Sylvan_Caban_+2?utm_source=bg&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=wikify look at the description

This has been common knowledge for quite some time, just read the description of Snapshot "Reduces aiming delay by 2% per level".

I am of course assuming Byrth's testing is correct when I say Nahtirah is 9% (as is everyone else, not a personal assumption). http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Nahtirah_Trousers

Actually, those links are not proof, just people stating it in the same manner as you without evidence.

However, the Caban+2 page does link to this post, which is the only one offering any proof to such a suggestion, by indirectly stating that Mirke's Snapshot +5 was tested to be 10%:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/98420-Final-Magian-Empyreon-Armor.?p=4339204&viewfull=1#post4339204

Unfortunately, I will again need to challenge this since the other numbers she provides directly conflicts with SE's numbers: Sylvan Gapette+1 is Snapshot +5 (she states 3%), Impulse Belt is Snapshot +3 (she states 3%), and Zha'go's is supposedly +5 (she states 3%), but as mentioned above, has no source (hint: even if it's on the JP wiki, I still don't assume it's true unless they provide citation). Ignoring Zha'go's, her testing should've shown Gapette+1 to be 10% and Impulse to be 6%. Even if SE made a mistake and meant to say +5% and +3%, her number for Gapette+1 still takes her method of testing into question.

And for whatever it may be worth, the JP and EN websites SE created for the add-ons states that the ACP body augment is Snapshot +5% (although it just says +5 in game). Additionally, Sylvan Caban +2 is also stated in the FFXI magazines to be 5% snapshot and 5% ranged attack boost (+1 is 3%/3%). However, I'll just go ahead and ignore these in case these are both somehow mistakes to include the %.

Also, I fail to understand how 1 snapshot merit = 2% reduction can be used to conclude that 1 snapshot = 2% reduction. 1 recycle merit = 5% rate, does that mean 1 recycle = 5% rate? Because then they probably went a little overboard on Arcadian Beret.

You continue to assume that 9% is correct, as well as your 1:2% despite being given numbers from SE that do not match Byrth's, whether by all 1:1 or all 1:2, or even a combination of the two. Just as Jimothy stated, I am not here to argue whether or not it is 1% or 2%--it very well could be either--but I don't think we should toss around judgment on pieces with such a decisiveness that depends on two "facts" with no consistent testing. I've never assumed that Byrth's numbers were correct ever since SE released this information, so please also refrain from speaking on behalf of "everyone."

Edit: Also, I'm just going to ignore the people who state "it's been tested and proven" without providing any links to the evidence for those of us who are apparently out of the loop.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-03-31 16:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna try playing with this set a bit, Anyone know If Arcadian Jerkin's +5 doubleshot from snapshot merits has to be preshot? Or is it postshot?

Edit;took set out since body doesn't need to be in post shot
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-03-31 16:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »

Gonna try playing with this set a bit, Anyone know If Arcadian Jerkin's +5 doubleshot from snapshot merits has to be preshot? Or is it postshot?

You'll need to be wearing it before you shoot for a Double Shot to proc. (preshot)
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-03-31 16:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »

You'll need to be wearing it before you shoot for a Double Shot to proc. (preshot)

Mmmk, Thanks!
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 130 131 132