Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-07 10:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Nevermind, the damage all works out. I forgot that maneuvers give +7 stat. D:<

It's +40 MAB.

:P Thanks! PM me how you calculated it. I suck at math but it might come in handy for testing the next big thing that comes PUP's way.

I will get back to you on -DT after Delve! Where can I find a decent Cactuar or two?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-07 10:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Teleport-Altep and go south to the Quicksands Caves entrance at H-10. Enter, go down the stairs and run straight out across the room/down the hallway, then turn right when the opportunity presents itself and there should be ~4 cactuars there.

Blizzard's inflection point (where it drops from M=1 to M=0.5) is at dINT=60, so the equation for automatons is:

Base Damage = 46 Base + 60 Inflection + Floor( (Auto INT - 60 Inflection - Monster INT)/2)

Damage = Base Damage * (1 + MAB/100)
 Siren.Vanian
Server: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2013-05-07 11:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't the best way to test crit rate to use atmas with known crit rate values
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-07 11:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Teleport-Altep and go south to the Quicksands Caves entrance at H-10. Enter, go down the stairs and run straight out across the room/down the hallway, then turn right when the opportunity presents itself and there should be ~4 cactuars there.

Wow.

This is a lot harder than I thought, mainly because even on Harlequin, E100 destroys Cactuars in 10 hits, and they cannot land a hit on him at all! I can't even delopy him on surrounding mobs without him Mortaring them for 1k.

I'll try again tomorrow in Abyssea on that giant one, with no Atmas, and see how it goes. Bed time! If anyone else is wants to give it a god testing Alternator out I am dying to see what you find!
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-05-07 11:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Go /rdm and dia them to give them tp.
[+]
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-07 11:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arana said: »
Go /rdm and dia them to give them tp.

See, that would be a great idea if I had a half a brain. I'll get back to it asap tomorrow after some sleep unless someone beats me to it!
By Theytak 2013-05-07 13:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

provided you're out of range, any puppet other than VE should only have -9% DT from stout servant, so 1k needles should do 910 damage, unless you put on pet DT gear/attachments, which will mess with things.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2013-05-07 13:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I love it but sadly all I can think of is Burattinaios. Someone added an extra 0 to the TP Regain..

Please, please, don't let this be the case here...
 Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falsetto
By Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus 2013-05-07 15:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
I love it but sadly all I can think of is Burattinaios. Someone added an extra 0 to the TP Regain..

Please, please, don't let this be the case here...

Don't jinx it... (; _ ;)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-07 16:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This thing sure makes me want to unretire my pup...well, if I had it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-07 18:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, even with reading this I did not expect them to be as awesome as they were. They are fantastic. The evasion alone is insane.

Additional Effect has gone from 12 to 47, Evasion seems capped, even knockout (Inhibitor) is doing 700-800 dmg.

I actually don't think this will stay as powerful as this for very long. It's a little insane.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-07 20:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Compared to 100+ dmg h2h
Not really
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sanders
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2013-05-07 20:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
+70 stat as in when maneuvers are up, right?

I still don't think that's going to fix the main problem with PUP.

Not skipping through the thread to see if anyone already said it: this is comment is feels HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Dragoncloud
By Lakshmi.Dragoncloud 2013-05-07 21:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone should also test the possible MDB on it. That paired with capped fine tuning, mana jammers, and steam jacket could make an automaton fair quite nicely agaisnt magic.
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-07 21:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »
Additional Effect has gone from 12 to 47, Evasion seems capped, even kno fantastic. The evasion alone is insane.ckout (Inhibitor) is doing 700-800 dmg.

I noticed the additional effect too, which makes me wonder if Stoneskin was also enhanced, but highly unlikely, as Blaze Spikes stayed the same. I will be uploading all this later with my PDT tests after work.

As for Knockout, what! I never knew that, but I noticed Magic Mortar can hit up to 2k at low (200~) HP, and if it's closing a light SC (just like old times!) that's an additional 2000~ damage.

I messed around a lot in Delve yesterday with Sharpshot and kept forcing him to do Daze. Oddly it always broke 1k. What the heck!

Lakshmi.Dragoncloud said: »
Someone should also test the possible MDB on it.

Tell me how and I will give it a shot.
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-07 23:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Theytak said: »
provided you're out of range, any puppet other than VE should only have -9% DT from stout servant, so 1k needles should do 910 damage, unless you put on pet DT gear/attachments, which will mess with things.

Doesn't seem to be any -PDT, but appears to have an ample amount of Defense, or it could just be the bonus +70 VIT. While waiting for 1000 Needles Cactuars hit E100 on average 23-30 damage, spiking at 38.

After waiting for 1000 Needles with Alternator, damage was down to 8-17 on average, spiking at 23. Of course, he was also harder to hit from either an Evasion bonus, or the +70 AGI. Again, eyeballing only, and like Evasion, damage resistance could probably be from the +70 VIT.

Used Harlequin and the Master was naked apart from Animator (Level 1) or Alternator. Both times 1000 Needles hit for the same amount of damage.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-05-08 00:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jkun said: »

Throw the auto at some caster mobs in aby and compare results of old animator + 70 int worth of atmas (MM + purgatory or frozen fetters would do it) vs alternator with no int atmas.

The worm NM in la theine would probably be an easy place to test.
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-08 01:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »

Throw the auto at some caster mobs in aby and compare results of old animator + 70 int worth of atmas (MM + purgatory or frozen fetters would do it) vs alternator with no int atmas.

The worm NM in la theine would probably be an easy place to test.

Alright. Let me finish up this Delve session first!
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-08 03:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this is useful, and I didn't test without Alternator, but Chukwa was doing 500-750 on my RNG auto, with Future Fabulous and Regen Atmas. No other MDB Atma on.

He, too, missed a good deal of his physical attacks.
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-08 04:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valoredge
Abyssea La-Theine, Rock Grinders
Fine-Tuning Merits: 3

• Animator (Level 1), No Maneuvers, No Attachments
    Atmas: None
    Stone IV Damage Taken: 410 410 410 410 410

Atmas: +75 INT
    (Minikin Monstrosity + Purgatory but for some reason I was getting an extra +5? Same goes for the Master, who was butt naked.)
    Stone IV Damage Taken: 292 292 292 292 292

• Alternator (+70 INT), No Maneuvers, No Attachments:
    Stone IV Damage Taken: 298 298 298 298 298

No MDB it seems, just a boost from +70 INT, as if being in Abyssea all the time. Huge improvement over other animators from the extra +INT alone, naturally.

Atmas also stack with Alternator, meaning now your Automaton can sort of get Cruor buffs, minus the HP and MP!

Also, Contriver's Cape is only 1 HP/tick Regen and Refresh, if you want to hold off on buying better things first.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-08 04:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valoredge
Abyssea La-Theine, Rock Grinders
Fine-Tuning Merits: 3

Stone IV Damage Taken: 410 410 410 410 410

Atmas: +75 INT
    (Minikin Monstrosity + Purgatory but for some reason I was getting an extra +5? Same goes for the Master, who was butt naked.)
    Stone IV Damage Taken: 292 292 292 292 292

• Alternator (+70 INT), No Maneuvers, No Attachments:
    Stone IV Damage Taken: 298 298 298 298 298

No MDB it seems, just a boost from +70 INT, as if being in Abyssea all the time. Huge improvement over other animators from the extra +INT alone, naturally.

Atmas also stack with Alternator, meaning now your Automaton can get Cruor buffs, minus the HP and MP, so to speak.

Also, Contriver's Cape is only 1hp/tick Regen and Refresh, if you want to hold off on buying better things first.

Which also means about Dex +130 from Razed Ruins, and since Auto Ranged attacks damage are affected by Dexterity I'm curious as to high they can go.

Since PUP can also wear Orvail robe and Hekas it's possible to get a decent refresh set going too. With the improvements in auto evasion and auto defense, as well as repair and role reversal I'd be curious to see what Autos can solo on their own now.
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-08 05:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Which also means about Dex +130 from Razed Ruins, and since Auto Ranged attacks damage are affected by Dexterity I'm curious as to high they can go.

As high as a kite.

Razed Ruin (+30%, DEX+50) Gnarled Horn (+20%) + Alternator (+70 DEX) + Dynamo + (+9%, +24 DEX with Puppetry Dastanas +1) + Cirque Guanti +2 (+13 DEX)

You're looking at +59% Crit Hit Rate (iirc Atmas cap at 50%) and +157 DEX with Alternator.

ofc it only really adds DEX so, yeah, haha.
 Sylph.Rebo
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2013-05-08 05:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

As high as a kite.

Razed Ruin (+30%, DEX+50) Gnarled Horn (+20%) + Alternator (+70 DEX) + Dynamo + (+9%, +24 DEX with Puppetry Dastanas +1) + Cirque Guanti +2 (+13 DEX)

You're looking at +59% Crit Hit Rate (iirc Atmas cap at 50%) and +157 DEX with Alternator.

ofc it only really adds DEX so, yeah, haha.

There is no cap for Crit-Hit Rate. 100%

Source
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-08 05:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rebo said: »

"The critical hit rate cap is currently speculated to be between 95-100%. The critical hit rate cap from Atma-specific sources is currently speculated to be 50%."

Someone needs to fix this then.
 Sylph.Rebo
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2013-05-08 06:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

"The critical hit rate cap is currently speculated to be between 95-100%. The critical hit rate cap from Atma-specific sources is currently speculated to be 50%."

FFXIclopedia is, from my experience, outdated and wrong a lot of the time. BG Wiki is where the most up-to-date info can be found. At least in english.

Edit: and it used to be 50%, a year or so ago they changed it however.
[+]
 Siren.Zekyr
user: alekandr
By Siren.Zekyr 2013-05-08 06:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Wikia is pretty much dead, outdated, and alot of the time inaccurate - BG should be used to reference anything really as it's constantly updated, along with the testing on the forums, provides a one-stop shop for all your needs
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-08 06:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Noted!
 Siren.Zekyr
user: alekandr
By Siren.Zekyr 2013-05-08 06:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

On a side note -

Your testing and findings have been invaluable, to the point of returning back to the game - I only ever enjoyed playing PUP and being able to-do my own thing when I wanted.

The new changes certainly fix alot of content and issues with PUP, I doubt the new Adoulin content will be fixed as with all the new weapons, everything will be tiered upward. However it does now allow PUP to merge into the current content pre-Adoulin
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-08 06:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Zekyr said: »
The new changes certainly fix alot of content and issues with PUP, I doubt the new Adoulin content will be fixed as with all the new weapons, everything will be tiered upward. However it does now allow PUP to merge into the current content pre-Adoulin

Your welcome, but I couldn't have done it alone, and I still want to keep trying new things out over the next week with the Alternator. I will pop them on my blog so you don't have to hear me jibbering
away on the forums.

Personally, PUP seems to be doing pretty well in post-Adoulin, too. Especially the incredible magic buffs and WS damage (of course, it will never compare to a BLM or Resolution spamming DRK, but it is much, much better than before!)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-08 06:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to find out whether or not the new Animator has attack on it, I'd recommend going to a Heroes Abyssea zone and leveling the monster population up to EM/T with single target kills. Then parse your auto meleeing (and ranged attacking) EM monsters with Alternator on (200 melee and ~50 ranged should be enough - may have to control for ranged distance if they're penalized?).

Then Alternator swap to Animator and go put on +70 STR in Atma (and no Attack/RAtk). Parse again the same way against EM monsters.

If you look at the bgwiki page on crit rate, the bottom of it tells you how to test for that.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18