Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, did they just fix PUP?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-05-07 06:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If those numbers of defensive values being posted are remotely close to what it actually is, I can only imagine that Valoredge would be nigh invincible. It's kind of scary

I'm not 100% in the know about how puppets work, but you can make it do a sanguine blade-like thing can't you? Cannibal Blade?
By pchan 2013-05-07 06:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jkun said: »
Coupled with Rigors, this was a much needed push to throw PUP at all this high level content, it's pretty insane to see where things will go from now on.

Right after getting my lvl99 KKK I parsed in a party of 3 MNKs +1 PUP 1 DDB/GH bard and 1 WHM against dynamis pop NMs in xarc and the puppet was doing 0.45% of the total damage. Even multiplied by 10 the pet damage would be ***. The TP gain of the puppet is riduclously slow etc. The things will always tend to one direction : go level mnk. Especially now that their wepons are no longer differentiated (spharai/KKK).

I you want to prove me wrong, it should be easy :
Go to morimar during EU prime, have your pet auto attack a rock and time yourself. Call me if it takes less than 2 hours !
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-05-07 06:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

hi pchan
 Sylph.Jkun
Server: Sylph
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-07 06:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Was I just quoted by Pchan?

Looks like I made it to the FFXI big league.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-05-07 06:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

just ignore him like the rest of us do, you'll thank me for this advice later.
[+]
By pchan 2013-05-07 06:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I can show you 2k nukes from level 75 pup on level 75 content content if you want it's easy. Doesn't mean pup suddenly started being good. Like I said, time your pup on a reive solo then we can discuss. Still betting using the acc+15 new ammo if more boost than bothering with the pet.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-07 07:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, is this the best Animator to use or is +8 DEX on the master still superior?
[+]
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-07 07:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Well, is this the best Animator to use or is +8 DEX on the master still superior?

Does the Pope ***in the woods?

(PS, that should answer the first part of your question)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-05-07 07:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

To all of you PUP hopefuls, I'd suggest getting your clears and points out of the way today. Apparently they're making Delve NMs despawn after 20 minutes and making it harder to farm points to buy things, and tomorrow there's an unexplained hour and thirty minute update... dot to dot to dot
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-07 07:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, the other change (no more automatic wall dropping in Fracture) will make it slower for pickups to farm points due to a smaller pool of monsters to pull from in Fracture.

It's like they're sensing what they should do and intentionally avoiding it. Masterful!
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-07 07:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Well you can start with MAB testing which is easy. Go to ronfaure and have your puppet nuke a rabbit with nothing on, no Alternator, no attachments, no maneuvers. Then have him do the same thing, except this time use Alternator.

Sure, information behind the spoiler so I don't take up page space:

Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-07 07:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you do it without ice maker please? Also, are you using af hands and getting an int boost with maneuvers?
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2013-05-07 08:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
Coupled with Rigors, this was a much needed push to throw PUP at all this high level content, it's pretty insane to see where things will go from now on.

Right after getting my lvl99 KKK I parsed in a party of 3 MNKs +1 PUP 1 DDB/GH bard and 1 WHM against dynamis pop NMs in xarc and the puppet was doing 0.45% of the total damage. Even multiplied by 10 the pet damage would be ***. The TP gain of the puppet is riduclously slow etc. The things will always tend to one direction : go level mnk. Especially now that their wepons are no longer differentiated (spharai/KKK).

I you want to prove me wrong, it should be easy :
Go to morimar during EU prime, have your pet auto attack a rock and time yourself. Call me if it takes less than 2 hours !

Pchan, I'll just say this. Knowing you, you probably screwed up somewhere in how you were playing Puppetmaster, so your word on this doesn't really mean anything.
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-05-07 08:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
If those numbers of defensive values being posted are remotely close to what it actually is, I can only imagine that Valoredge would be nigh invincible. It's kind of scary

I'm not 100% in the know about how puppets work, but you can make it do a sanguine blade-like thing can't you? Cannibal Blade?

Cannibal blade is pretty weird. IIRC it doesn't scale with anything (beyond melee skill), and does around 500 (at 99) static slashing damage that can't be dodged, and heals at a 1:1 rate. Only major problem with it is it requires a dark maneuver to use, which valoredge gains nothing from, at the expense of the large bonuses you'd get from earth/whatever maneuvers.

If you can reduce damage that much with just alternator thou, than a properly geared valoredge + master could be pretty crazy.
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-07 08:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you do it without ice maker please? Also, are you using af hands and getting an int boost with maneuvers?

Added, and no I wasn't, do you want me to try?

I was naked apart from the Animator or Alternator to give commands.

Edit: Tried Loudspeaker again, this time with AF+1 hands, and it only gave a measly extra 3 damage on Animator and 2 on Alternator.

By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-07 08:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Man that alternator seems to good to be true damn for 60k in points talk about entering beast mode. Almost makes me think back to how I felt when puppet was getting 10 tic regain oh the fun I had with that....
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-07 08:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Man that alternator seems to good to be true damn for 60k in points talk about entering beast mode. Almost makes me think back to how I felt when puppet was getting 10 tic regain oh the fun I had with that....

That, Magic Mortar, and more, all have vanished 1-2 weeks after they were introduced. If they get rid of the Alternator's hidden effects within the next few updates (remember, this thing is the same price as those new weapons!) then PUP will be back to square 1.5 ...if you have a pair of Rigors.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-05-07 08:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to say that if this was their legitimate intent that it gives SMN some hope for a fix to their pets, but I then I think it'd be more likely that SE is just finding another way to say lolSMN
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-07 08:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Something doesn't add up with the control cases (NQ Animator) and I don't have the time right now to figure it out. The numbers for Loudspeaker / Loudspeaker II MAB come directly from SE, I think, and even they don't seem to work out with Maneuvers.

I've underlined the ones that are consistent with MAB+40. I haven't looked at most of the rest, but the maneuver ones are weird.
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-07 09:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Something doesn't add up with the control cases (NQ Animator) and I don't have the time right now to figure it out. The numbers for Loudspeaker / Loudspeaker II MAB come directly from SE, I think, and even they don't seem to work out with Maneuvers.

I've underlined the ones that are consistent with MAB+40. I haven't looked at most of the rest, but the maneuver ones are weird.

Thanks. As I said, other aspects are noticeable too, without the need for Maneuvers, such as hitting 2925 Ranged WSs with no Maneuvers up in Delve, of all places. It would be great to see what other testing everyone can do (I have to go get dinner now!)

Lastly, I cross posted this to BG in hope that more people will chime in with their findings:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115865-Delve/page48
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-07 09:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't notice the Sharpshot findings at first, but they aren't entirely unexpected I think. Sharpshot damage depends on STR, DEX, and Ranged Skill. It makes sense that there would be a substantial base damage increase from +70 STR/DEX even with no other changes.
 Bahamut.Caelestis
Server: Bahamut
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2013-05-07 09:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Man as a career PUP these discoveries are tickling me pink! Do you know Jkun if the Alternator also gives the automaton hidden effects like -DT, +crit rate, etc?
[+]
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-07 09:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Caelestis said: »
Man as a career PUP these discoveries are tickling me pink! Do you know Jkun if the Alternator also gives the automaton hidden effects like -DT, +crit rate, etc?

Absolutely no idea how to test those, but would love to know how to, or if others have tried!

As for -DT, from what I saw E100 too much less damage from AOEs with no Earth attachments/maneuvers up in Delve, including nukes from a certain stray Chapuli. I am going back into Delve to eyeball some more, it's the least I can do!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-07 09:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Have it melee a Cactuar and get hit with 1000 needles with/without the Alternator.
 Bahamut.Caelestis
Server: Bahamut
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2013-05-07 09:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah as Byrth pointed out, fighting a cactuar with and w/o the Alternator will give out a clear value if there such an effect on DT....as far as crit rate, this idk...mainly b/c the huge amount of DEX the alternator already gives may cap out its dDEX in most test sensitive situations (or maybe this may make the test easier? idk, never done that myself).
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-07 09:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So toss all other animators in the trash fo sure lol. Wow get this and rigors imagine the wreckage one could do in dynamis lol. Maybe I will do a bow and gun for my mannequin...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-07 10:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind, the damage all works out. I forgot that maneuvers give +7 stat. D:<

It's +40 MAB.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-05-07 10:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is making me strongly regret not trying harder to find some delve shouts to join...
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-07 10:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Caelestis said: »
Yeah as Byrth pointed out, fighting a cactuar with and w/o the Alternator will give out a clear value if there such an effect on DT....as far as crit rate, this idk...mainly b/c the huge amount of DEX the alternator already gives may cap out its dDEX in most test sensitive situations (or maybe this may make the test easier? idk, never done that myself).

The fact the thing itself adds a whopping 70 DEX means Crit Rate will obviously be improved, it would be quite hard to test! I remember trying to do it while pioneer testing Dynamo, but back then static things that don't hurt like Campaign walls or those poles in Caslte Z [S] didn't exist!
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17 18