For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 262 263 264
 Asura.Krystela
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Krystela 2015-01-18 12:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
It's hard to quantify a ranged weapon in the sheets, because if you tp in a boomerang, then you have to manually negate the bonuses it gives for the ws sets.

You can't remove the boomerang from SA/TA sets, you have to simulate the removal of the 5 dex.

Let's put it this way:
No ammo/No ranged weapon 0 dps
The best possible ammo 20 dps

The wingcutter+1 is really close to 20 (and it double's as best in slot unstacked rudra. But, I can't use ranged weapons anymore, so I'm not overly invested in finding if I can make it best in any scenario.

I'd use it. If I didn't have mythic. (for capped haste TP/unstacked rudra). (uncapped haste would still be raider).

((you know what I really dislike about THF? Every piece of gear is so damn close, that everytime you make 1 change, it might change a different piece. Example; changing the Jugo kukri, makes a different set of legs better, because it changes the value of store tp, kinda irritating.))

Newest sets, SaRudra TaRudra unstacked when timers down Tojil+bells&whistles

This is awesome! Thank you.

I have 2 questions.
If I cannot make a TP earring with moonshade, what would be a good option? Dex or Attack?
Second question is to ask if the 2 ws sets you show are stacked? If so, the unstacked sets don't change I assume?
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-01-18 12:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My toons a Hume so I think I'll stick to the set prior to the update... Not wearing sublingars >.>
 Asura.Alexandero
Server: Asura
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-01-18 13:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, great info guys. Thanks.
 Bahamut.Lykinia
Server: Bahamut
user: ducky25
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2015-01-18 19:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Magi said: »
If I was a SAM, I'd pull hate and constantly spin the mob, *** you thieves!
Won't matter. We can spam Evisceration and still dominate the parse.
[+]
 Phoenix.Audacity
Server: Phoenix
user: Crumpet
By Phoenix.Audacity 2015-01-18 19:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the Mercy Stroke sets up to date or are there better options now? Just come back after an 18 month break so looking to catch up gear wise.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-19 02:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Audacity said: »
Are the Mercy Stroke sets up to date or are there better options now? Just come back after an 18 month break so looking to catch up gear wise.

This guide first page sets are outdated because malizia quit the game.

Valli posted some sets pages ago, but you will need to dig some useful posts in the middle of a sea of ***valli made along the way.

Also, in case you missed lasts updates, mercy stroke and mandau arent top 1 ws/weapon. Best ws is rudra storm and best daggers are vajra > izhiikoh and offhand should be jugo kukri+1 > jugo kukri > atoyac.
[+]
 Phoenix.Audacity
user: Crumpet
By Phoenix.Audacity 2015-01-19 07:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Phoenix.Audacity said: »

This guide first page sets are outdated because malizia quit the game.

Valli posted some sets pages ago, but you will need to dig some useful posts in the middle of a sea of ***valli made along the way.

Also, in case you missed lasts updates, mercy stroke and mandau arent top 1 ws/weapon. Best ws is rudra storm and best daggers are vajra > izhiikoh and offhand should be jugo kukri+1 > jugo kukri > atoyac.

I'll prob never own a Vajra so Mandau will have to do. xD

Thanks. I'll get digging for those sets.
By fractalvoid 2015-01-19 12:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

assuming the DW Canny Cape in those spreadsheet SS is DW+5 in place of Patentia? Or can get away with a lower amount of DW+?

Edit: also just fulltiming the Wingcutter +1 and only using Raider's Boomerang when getting no outside form of haste?
 Bismarck.Baalthus
Server: Bismarck
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2015-01-19 12:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This question was already answered some pages ago. With full buffs you need 11% DW to cap. A Canny cape with 5% DW and earrings with 7% DW is enough. Then you can wear Windbuffet belt. If you don't have a DW Canny cape, then you will need Patentia sash. You can also wear Raider's boomerang and Suppa/Brutal combo, if you don't have Wingcutter or if you dont want to wear Yetshila ammo.
By fractalvoid 2015-01-19 12:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Baalthus said: »
With full buffs you need 11% DW to cap. A Canny cape with 5% DW and earrings with 7% DW is enough.

Seems like 4% on Canny would be enough to cap tho dawg...

Also by "full buffs" do you mean haste + x2 march (or haste2 + march) AND samba? Or...

Was under the assumption with marches, haste and samba you don't need any DW+ but I could be completely wrong.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-19 12:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

fractalvoid said: »
Also by "full buffs" do you mean haste + x2 march (or haste2 + march) AND samba? Or...
11% DW is just for max magic haste and gear haste; not Haste Samba or any other JA haste.
[+]
By fractalvoid 2015-01-19 12:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
11% DW is just for max magic haste and gear haste; not Haste Samba or any other JA haste.

Thanks. I thought so but never hurts to clarify if specifics are lacking
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-01-19 13:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »

Thanks. I thought so but never hurts to clarify if specifics are lacking
With capped magic/gear haste, simply adding Haste Samba into the mix will cap your attack speed using your native Dual Wield traits, allowing you to switch out pieces like Patentia Sash, Suppanomimi, those Delve earrings, etc. for better options.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-19 13:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Baalthus said: »
This question was already answered some pages ago. With full buffs you need 11% DW to cap. A Canny cape with 5% DW and earrings with 7% DW is enough. Then you can wear Windbuffet belt. If you don't have a DW Canny cape, then you will need Patentia sash. You can also wear Raider's boomerang and Suppa/Brutal combo, if you don't have Wingcutter or if you dont want to wear Yetshila ammo.

If you don't have Canny Cape with 4-5 Dual Wield, you can also do the Dual Wield Earring combo with sombra tights +1.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
With capped magic/gear haste, simply adding Haste Samba into the mix will cap your attack speed using your native Dual Wield traits, allowing you to switch out pieces like Patentia Sash, Suppanomimi, those Delve earrings, etc. for better options.

Be careful with Haste Samba that TP you spend keeping it up full-time adds up fast. 350 TP every 1 min and 30 seconds may not sound like a lot, but you'll notice it quick once you start putting it into effect.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-01-19 13:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

And to clarify even further [EDIT: of course I leave this window open for 10min taking a call and then hit post and others have already answered, LOL. But may as well leave this]:

You will indeed be completely delay capped with:
(1) Capped gear haste PLUS
(2) Capped magic haste (448/1024, obtained several ways: 2x March and haste, haste II + march, haste II and 2x Trust March) PLUS
(3) Haste Samba, whether /DNC or DNC main

In the above case, don't use any DW gear.

As Llewelyn confirmed, with max magic haste and gear haste you need 11% DW gear to cap. For all practical purposes, 10% is perfectly fine too if that's what works out with the gear you have.

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
spend keeping it up full-time adds up fast. 350 TP every 1 min and 30 seconds may not sound like a lot, but you'll notice it quick once you start putting it into effect.

I find it more an issue if you're partying with a DNC or /DNC (say, COR/DNC).

On my THF, I'm more fond of /WAR for most stuff these days where I'm in a party or can use Trusts, or /NIN defensive benefits if the situation calls for it. /DNC is a Dyna/Salvage sub in my mind.

/WAR and using 10-11% DW gear is generally stronger than /DNC and no DW gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-19 13:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
On my THF, I'm more fond of /WAR for most stuff these days where I'm in a party or can use Trusts, or /NIN defensive benefits if the situation calls for it.

Same, most of the time I'm either /war, /nin, or /run depending on the fight. The only only time I actually use /dnc any more is if I'm in Dynamis.

And, even than, lately, I find myself not using Haste Samba any more. It's too constricting on TP in Dynamis. I find myself pulling out more coins saving that TP for more procs or WS's(or cures if needed).
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-19 13:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you could get a Canny Cape with +5 Dual Wield though, I think suppanomimi would work well to match it up with. Yes, it's only 10 dual wield instead of 11, but you can use windbuffet belt +1, zoar subligar +1, and brutal earring or zennaroi earring depending on if you need the accuracy or not.
By nerz 2015-01-19 18:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
And to clarify even further [EDIT: of course I leave this window open for 10min taking a call and then hit post and others have already answered, LOL. But may as well leave this]:

You will indeed be completely delay capped with:
(1) Capped gear haste PLUS
(2) Capped magic haste (448/1024, obtained several ways: 2x March and haste, haste II + march, haste II and 2x Trust March) PLUS
(3) Haste Samba, whether /DNC or DNC main

In the above case, don't use any DW gear.

As Llewelyn confirmed, with max magic haste and gear haste you need 11% DW gear to cap. For all practical purposes, 10% is perfectly fine too if that's what works out with the gear you have.

spend keeping it up full-time adds up fast. 350 TP every 1 min and 30 seconds may not sound like a lot, but you'll notice it quick once you start putting it into effect.

I find it more an issue if you're partying with a DNC or /DNC (say, COR/DNC).

On my THF, I'm more fond of /WAR for most stuff these days where I'm in a party or can use Trusts, or /NIN defensive benefits if the situation calls for it. /DNC is a Dyna/Salvage sub in my mind.

/WAR and using 10-11% DW gear is generally stronger than /DNC and no DW gear.

How much DW is needed with:

Trusts Marches + Haste 1 (Missed out on Koru-Moru)?
 Leviathan.Tharon
user: Brancitt
By Leviathan.Tharon 2015-01-19 18:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so here's what i'm using for my TP set while AM3 is down, but I am still haste capped. I read that 10% DW is all you need if you have issues gaining 11%. That said I am currently trying for my belt from "Headwind" which has 6DW on it which would put me right at the 11%.

ItemSet 332532
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-01-19 19:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting that single extra point of DW is not worth the loss of a whole 5 STP. Stick with the Patentia. Also, look into upgrading your atheling to either a bleating mantle or a canny cape.
[+]
 Sylph.Saviour
By Sylph.Saviour 2015-01-19 19:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Would a Iutil Mask +1 with DA aug beat felistris mask?
 Leviathan.Tharon
By Leviathan.Tharon 2015-01-19 19:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, no luck with with capes from 126' Incursion. ;((
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-19 19:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tharon said: »
Yeah, no luck with with capes from 126' Incursion. ;((

Canny Cape from Incursion is even more rare than Defending Ring... -.- BUT.... BST cape has like an 80% drop rate... go figure... <.<;
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-01-19 20:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget that you can also trade in 3 non-augmented JSE capes to the taru in the library for your choice of cape. I believe, but might be wrong, that even unaugmented Canny beats Atheling now. Or kill Ironhorn Baldurno until you get Bleating.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-19 20:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Don't forget that you can also trade in 3 non-augmented JSE capes to the taru in the library for your choice of cape. I believe, but might be wrong, that even unaugmented Canny beats Atheling now. Or kill Ironhorn Baldurno until you get Bleating.

Unaugmented Canny Cape vs Bleating Mantle is a pretty simple comparison, if you need accuracy, use Canny Cape. If you don't use Bleating Mantle.
 Sylph.Astrodon
user: Mrpeanut
By Sylph.Astrodon 2015-01-19 21:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What would an ideal solo TP set look like without hastes / marches?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-01-19 21:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »

Unaugmented Canny Cape vs Bleating Mantle is a pretty simple comparison, if you need accuracy, use Canny Cape. If you don't use Bleating Mantle.

I know that. I was referring to Canny in comparison to Atheling due to the loss of attack.
 Leviathan.Tharon
By Leviathan.Tharon 2015-01-20 00:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Astrodon said: »

I imagine something along the lines of this here.

ItemSet 332545

Eh Sorry this set isnt even at haste cap. sosry.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-20 02:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tharon said: »
Sylph.Astrodon said: »

I imagine something along the lines of this here.

ItemSet 332545

Eh Sorry this set isnt even at haste cap. sosry.

A Vajra should never be in the same equipment set with the word "solo"...
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-01-20 02:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

good thing no one *said* vajra 8D
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 262 263 264