First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 262 263 264
 Ragnarok.Luloo
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2015-01-20 03:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 332550

Considering Valli's suggestions to maximize store tp due ti rudra's being broken, this i what i use. Qaaxo hands da path (still prefer these over nilas for the acc+), iuitl da+1-2, canny augmented with dex+4 agi+1 crit dmg+3 dw+3
By Pantafernando 2015-01-20 03:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Luloo said: »
Invalid Item Set ID
Considering Valli's suggestions to maximize store tp due ti rudra's being broken, this i what i use. Qaaxo hands da path (still prefer these over nilas for the acc+), iuitl da+1-2, canny augmented with dex+4 agi+1 crit dmg+3 dw+3

Its not just your rudras thats broken...
 Ragnarok.Luloo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2015-01-20 04:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry miscoded :3
 Leviathan.Tharon
Server: Leviathan
user: Brancitt
By Leviathan.Tharon 2015-01-20 10:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Vajra holders: I'm curious what your tp sets look like while AM3 is up.
By Yandaime 2015-01-21 03:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: Has anyone given SAM sub any consideration?

I recently was doing a Jugo run with my LS and someone thought "why not try subbing SAM?" So I did and I will say I was gaining TP BEYOND fast and much faster than the other two THFs with me there were both in my same party getting the same buffs.

**With capped haste, I was easily gaining TP fast enough to solo-SC almost out to 2000TP on lucky multi-hit rounds, forgot to mention

So I decided to plug SAM sub into the spreadsheet but couldn't because the most recent spreadsheet doesn't have SAM sub available and I couldn't figure out how to add it so I switched to NIN sub + 15 STP SAM-Roll instead and removed Berserk. On mobs with normal defensive stats, I had the NIN sub + SAM roll giving a very substantial DPS boost. Normally I use Tojil, but Tojil's defense is probably among the highest of all current NMs so using him as a baseline might not work out all the time.

What are your thoughts, guys?

**Edit
 Asura.Celoria
Server: Asura
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-01-21 03:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yandaime said: »
Question: Has anyone given SAM sub any consideration?

I recently was doing a Jugo run with my LS and someone thought "why not try subbing SAM?" So I did and I will say I was gaining TP BEYOND fast and much faster than the other two THFs with me there were both in my same party getting the same buffs.

**With capped haste, I was easily gaining TP fast enough to solo-SC almost out to 2000TP on lucky multi-hit rounds, forgot to mention

So I decided to plug SAM sub into the spreadsheet but couldn't because the most recent spreadsheet doesn't have SAM sub available and I couldn't figure out how to add it so I switched to NIN sub + 15 STP SAM-Roll instead and removed Berserk. On mobs with normal defensive stats, I had the NIN sub + SAM roll giving a very substantial DPS boost. Normally I use Tojil, but Tojil's defense is probably among the highest of all current NMs so using him as a baseline might not work out all the time.

What are your thoughts, guys?

**Edit

This is something I have been wondering myself, but haven't taken the time to play around with it yet.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2015-01-21 03:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I used thf/sam for a Largantua the other night for the lulz. Every other I could use Sekkanoki to self-sc darkness and would sometimes have him TP moving during so I'd basically destroy him solo.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-01-21 18:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

nerz said: »
How much DW is needed with:

Trusts Marches + Haste 1 (Missed out on Koru-Moru)?

Assuming capped equipment haste:

30~31 DW gear needed with Trust March x2 (+0 Marches) and Haste 1. 30 DW actually brings you juuuuust under cap to 79.87% reduction, which for all practical purposes is fine.

If you add /DNC samba or DNC Trust samba, reduces needed DW gear to approximately DW+25 (that's 80.08%)

Doable, but obviously pretty heavy DW sets. And if you're considering something like Skadi+1 body (DW+7), the massive defensive hit is relevant so you might be better off going uncapped but using DW gear where you can.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-01-21 20:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The amount of haste given by March varies by the gear of the BRD (instrument and empyrean gloves). In the case of Joachim or Ulmia, I don't think they have any bonuses to March (at least they don't seem to with Ballad), meaning having double March from trusts only gives you about 15.6% haste. This would mean you have to have Koru-Moru and Ulmia out if you wanna cap magic haste, since Joachim never bothers giving you double March.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-01-22 14:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
The amount of haste given by March varies by the gear of the BRD (instrument and empyrean gloves). In the case of Joachim or Ulmia, I don't think they have any bonuses to March (at least they don't seem to with Ballad), meaning having double March from trusts only gives you about 15.6% haste. This would mean you have to have Koru-Moru and Ulmia out if you wanna cap magic haste, since Joachim never bothers giving you double March.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure trusts have purely base marches with no "+1" etc. style instrument bonuses, or empy gloves. Similarly, stuff like the DNC trusts using Haste Samba just get the base Haste Samba (50/1024 Job Ability haste) instead of 5/5 merits (101/1024 JA haste) like you'll find on almost any actual DNC played by a person.

The last few posts explain things fine, but in case anyone's interested in greater detail, here's the precise amount of haste by level for marches (total x/1024, with a cap on magical haste of 448/1024). Haste spell applies to the same magical haste cap and is the same amount whether cast by players or trusts: Haste I = 150/1024, Haste II = 307/1024.

March : Haste amount/1024
Advancing +0 : 64
Advancing +1 : 80
Advancing +2 : 96
Advancing +3 : 112
Advancing +4 : 128
Advancing +5 : 144
Victory +0 : 96
Victory +1 : 112
Victory +2 : 128
Victory +3 : 144
Victory +4 : 160
Victory +5 : 176

Gear & Instrument modifiers:
- AF3+2 hands: +1 all songs (stacks with instrument bonus)
- Ghorn lv99: +4 all songs
- Langeleik: +3 March
- Fairie Piccolo/Iron Ram Horn: +2 March

So, ANY competent human BRD should at a minimum be able to provide +3 Marches (easily obtained Empy hands and +2 instrument). Need a Ghorn to guarantee capped magical haste with March x2 and Haste I spell. With Haste II spell, will only need a single March from a Ghorn BRD (or March x2 from even +0 Trust BRDs) to cap magical haste.
 Shiva.Francisco
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-01-22 19:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

How does an OA2 Atoyac hold up against Jugo Kukri/+1 in the offhand slot?

I'm kind of new to THF, but logic tells me it should destroy Jugo. Yet I don't seem to see anyone using it.

(Unless the OA2 augment doesn't work in the offhand, then I just feel like an idiot.)
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2015-01-22 20:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Jugo +1 wins by a fair margin.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Yandaime 2015-01-22 21:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »

I'm kind of new to THF, but logic tells me it should destroy Jugo. Yet I don't seem to see anyone using it.

(Unless the OA2 augment doesn't work in the offhand, then I just feel like an idiot.)

Your not wrong to think the Atoyac is powerful given the history of OAT weapons being extremely hard to compete with. However Jugo is a monster.

It's a dagger with 119 Accuracy, competitive DMG and ungodly speed. The raw speed of the dagger alone is enough to put it ahead of Atoyac in almost all situations let alone the Triple Attack +2% and 100% Wind Damage. Its only 7-12 Damage but it adds up very quickly.

Then there's the Jugo +1... Fastest Melee weapon the game has ever seen, gives 54 TP per hit with revamped Delay system (Izhii gives 49 per hit), 119 Accuracy, guaranteed Enspell, Triple Attack +3%.... This weapon is just bananas lol.

I /creamed when I got this and I'm not even a THF main <.<; <3 this thing is bananas haha
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-01-22 21:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »

Until Jugo came out, most people used an Atoyac in their offhand and there are still plenty that do (due to either not having a Jugo yet or being on a notTHF dagger job).
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2015-01-22 21:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing you have to remember, Atoyac is ivll 115, not 119. It takes a huge hit to ATT/ACC versus 119 dagger.
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-01-22 21:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know, although isn't the accuracy (Dagger Skill?) on Jugo irrelevant in the offhand?

Currently using Izhi/NQ Jugo, but the thought of having an off-hand OA2 weapon kinda had me excited. Is it at least situationally better? D:

Since I'm here, and I'm new to THF, I might as well ask about what pieces I need based on what I have carried over from MNK (so basically all my gear). If anyone wants to offer advice, I'll be more than happy to take it.

Weapons: Izhi/NQ Jugo
Ranged: Raider's Boomerang
Head: Uk'uxkaj (DEX aug), Whirlpool, STR Manibozho
Neck: Asperity
Earrings: Steelflash/Bladeborn or Suppa/Brutal (or I could get the Delve DW earrings easily)
Body: DblAtk. Qaxxo, Thaumus, STR Manibozho, NQ Emet
Hands: Lv.75 Assasssin's Armlets (lol), STR Manibozho
Rings: Rajas/Epona
Back: Canny
Waist: Windbuffet +1
Legs: Quiahuiz (STR Aug), STR Manibozho
Feet: STR Manibozho, TROTTERS(!)

Not really sure what's best for the job at this point, and I've mainly been using two sets and playing solo.

TP:
Izhi/Jugo/Raiders/-
Uk'ux/Asperity/Steelfash/Bladeborn
Qaxxo/Manibozho/Epona/Rajas
Canny/Windbuffet+1/Quiahuiz/Manibozho

WS:
Uk'ux/Thunder/Steelfash/Bladeborn
Emet/Manibozho/Epona/Rajas
Atheling/Warwolf/Quiahuiz/Manibozho

Yeah, Warwolf Belt. I just hit 99 two days ago, gimme a break. :p
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2015-01-22 21:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Skill on ilvl weapons applies to the hand it is equipped if dual-wielded.
By ryukin182 2015-01-22 22:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Qaxxo over thaumas? Why do I see so much of this?

Edit: Not at home atm so I don't have the spreadsheet open to mess around. But I remember trying Qaxxo and it always being below thaumas solo and plun. +1 for party. This is more of a explain why i'm ignorant please.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-01-22 23:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »

Edit: Not at home atm so I don't have the spreadsheet open to mess around. But I remember trying Qaxxo and it always being below thaumas solo and plun. +1 for party. This is more of a explain why i'm ignorant please.

Higher defense from both Plunderer +1 and Qaaxo harness compared to Thaumas if in higher lvl content when doing with parties right? That is if mobs have strong aoe physical dmg it would help having more defense from either two. If you're not having any problems with aoe dmg, then go for it
By ryukin182 2015-01-22 23:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »

Higher defense from both Plunderer +1 and Qaaxo harness compared to Thaumas if in higher lvl content when doing with parties right? That is if mobs have strong aoe physical dmg it would help having more defense from either two. If you're not having any problems with aoe dmg, then go for it

That was my point though. Plun for parties, and most solo you obviously are most likely not trying to kill 119+ mobs and trying to do dynamis/salvage, which you really, really don't need that defense for. Can easily tank 4-6 mobs in salvage or dyna in thaumas. But obviously, it's their play style and I really can't bash it. I was just wondering what i'm missing, if anything
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-01-23 00:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Granted, I'm new to the job and soloing Dynamis and Salvage, but I find the Khimaria mobs in Arrapago II can still hit pretty hard. Had some extra Tavnazian Tacos laying around and used them in Salvage. When it wore off on the HQ Boss, I noticed a huge jump in damage taken. Still, I could have won without the food/higher defense, but I don't really like having to rely too much on Curing Waltz's cool down / being boned completely if I miss stun on Fulmination.
By charlo999 2015-01-23 00:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I never stun those moves just swap to your MDT set it will do about 500 damage. Can even take a shell/protect scroll and pop before for even more safety until your more used to it. Or can arua steal from the rdm lamias on the 1-4 floors (Luck though)
And just swap to a PDT set while your stunned. It hits for about 50-80 a hit in a good PDT build.
I always carry around a stack of remedies on jobs so not having to wait on waltz recast and waste tp.
Also hydra kofte is a superb food for you for stuff you like extra def on. Also gives you a huge attack boost and lasts 3 hours. Or more if you choose the increase meal buff.
Can do salvage x 2 and a dynamis run on 1 food.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-01-23 02:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It also depends on your gear. People take these BiS lists that others make and just assume that they are BiS without even taking into consideration what they have access to currently. Though obviously best to work for a "BiS" some gear may not be that for you right now. For example, in my set of gear parsed against tojil, I actually lose 30dps on the spreadsheet Qaxxo vs Thaumus. Basically, people need to download the spreadsheet. Plug in what they are using. Then play with different pieces of gear. In my TP set up against tojil, Thaumus is actually even under AF1+1. Granted I am a newb and still learning the spreadsheet, so I may have something set up wrong.
By ryukin182 2015-01-23 03:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »

It also depends on your gear. People take these BiS lists that others make and just assume that they are BiS without even taking into consideration what they have access to currently. Though obviously best to work for a "BiS" some gear may not be that for you right now. For example, in my set of gear parsed against tojil, I actually lose 30dps on the spreadsheet Qaxxo vs Thaumus. Basically, people need to download the spreadsheet. Plug in what they are using. Then play with different pieces of gear. In my TP set up against tojil, Thaumus is actually even under AF1+1. Granted I am a newb and still learning the spreadsheet, so I may have something set up wrong.

You're not wrong at all, I also get the same. I was talking thaumas for Solo tp, as in dynamis/salvage, other fodder. If we are speaking of Tojil we should assume you have a bard and a haste, at that point you should have Plund. +1.

I also don't stun those moves or even try in salvage. Just carry a rememdy, since I dual box two different salvage instances at the same time. I already just pay attention to the hp/tp and SA recast timers. Dont really need to care about trying to stun.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-23 04:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thaumas loses on high defence targets because of the lack of stat vomit, mostly because of the lack of STR and therefore, less attack. Artificially ilvl it by adding something like 30 to str, dex and agi, then 20 to the other stats and Thaumas wins on everything.
By kithaofcerb 2015-01-23 19:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sheer laziness inc

How many pages do I have to go back to find updated gear posts?
Looking to start playing this job, have no idea where to start really.
By Heimdel 2015-01-23 20:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

kithaofcerb said: »
Sheer laziness inc

Would be great if someone did start a new thf guide with updated info.
 Asura.Jezzus
user: L30x
By Asura.Jezzus 2015-01-23 20:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sheer laziness inc

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Quetzalcoatl/Valli#item-sets

He seems to be the current authority on THF. lol
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-23 20:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jezzus said: »
Sheer laziness inc

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Quetzalcoatl/Valli#item-sets

He seems to be the current authority on THF. lol
Valli said those sets are out of date. He can't tell you himself as he is topic banned.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 262 263 264