Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 262 263 264
 Lakshmi.Debodopimp
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Debodopimp 2015-01-17 18:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That seems to be the new thing for DD's sick of losing to Thf's lately E. Super annoying,
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
Server: Ragnarok
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2015-01-17 19:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
"It's what the spreadsheet says is best"

Can't use the raider boomerang anymore u_u;; any individual change is going to be very minor. You can wear potestas, ginsen, thew, cheruski, w/e and only change the dps by 10 or so.

Some people prefer to rock the xbow and use bolts. Not that it's a bad choice, "best is best".

Hey Valli, so according to the spreadsheet, Ginsen is TECHNICALLY better than Yetshila +1 in terms of overall dps?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-17 19:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, the yetshila+1 is better. But it's so minor, I can't condone wasting like 20m on 5dps.

I'm always about the "regular" guy. Yeah, people with more money than brains go for the ***like that. But I've got lines. If it's more than a mil it better do more than single digit dps increase.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-17 20:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the last one I died, no healers, what do you expect~ I don't know why we went in with no healer, but meh. Can't live with no one to throw out a cure.
(Herouz is pld)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By charlo999 2015-01-17 20:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the last one I died, no healers, what do you expect~ I don't know why we went in with no healer, but meh. Can't live with no one to throw out a cure.
(Herouz is pld)

Lol well first you were /nin, we had a sch healing for second.
And no one else died and we completed our run. GJ
By charlo999 2015-01-17 20:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
One died and one had 200 mp? I assume both mithra so what was the attack? charlo not capped mdt or something seńor?

Jungle wallop, and I had taken hits from auto attacks.

Lesson learnt I though I could at least just get on and play if I came across you in game. Now I know your too much of a sad pathetic moron to bother with.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-17 20:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much yeah, both full hp, he died.

Then in that last fight i had 500 hp (cause im tanking) with no healer and we both got hit for 600. OFC i died lol.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-01-17 20:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
One died and one had 200 mp? I assume both mithra so what was the attack? charlo not capped mdt or something seńor?

I thought thiefs don't take auto attack dmg, hence meriting ambush since a good thief will never be in front of a target?

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-01-17 20:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If only this site had a function where members could communicate privately with one another. We could call it something like "private messaging." What a world that would be.
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-01-17 21:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »

I thought thiefs don't take auto attack dmg, hence meriting ambush since a good thief will never be in front of a target?

sorry, that was quip at other stuff he has commented on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-17 21:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanted to break his balls, for all the dumbshit he posts. And the arguing.
By charlo999 2015-01-17 21:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »

Quote me saying that.

But valli said

But Ambush serves absolutely zero purpose. The only time you CAN use it is if you REFUSE to SA, and therefor fail at life. If you SA at all, you're tanking, period.

Then after some other respected posters said differently he then back-pedalled a bit and posted

It'd be nice if it were that cut and dried. You have to choose between party THF and soloing THF.

Soloing thf kinda must have aura steal, and gets zero use out of ambush.

Party event thf gets zero use out of aura steal (well some) and (more) use out of ambush. (but not alot)

Post deleted by User.
By charlo999 2015-01-17 21:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a sarcastic remark to his quote about, if you don't use SA you fail at life/am a terrible thf( his words). Where as he contradicts himself by then saying by doing so, he always has hate and as such is then unable to utilise SA.
So by he own standards he fails or he fails.

But thanks for trying
 Asura.Alexandero
Server: Asura
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-01-17 21:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the TP sets still current? I've gone back 20 pages but what Valli uses is the only thing I've seen on current TP sets. I've seen alot of Rudras though.

Currently I have Izhiikoh, Sandung, Atoyac (Aug), and Ipetam as weapons what would be recommended for Main/Offhand? (Main is RUN, just coming back to THF after a long while).

I'm also curious on the earrings, I have Brutal/Suppa, The Steelflash Set, and the Dudgeon Set. Other +Dual Wield I have is Nusku's and Boomerang.

Final question, Im currently using:

Head - Whirlpool
Body - Qaaxo
Hands - Plund. +1
Legs - Iuitl +1
Feet - Qaaxo

Are there better pieces now? Any AF/Relic +1 that would be better? I see alot of THFs with the AF pants and Relic body.

Thanks a bunch. Had alot of gear and not sure what to do with it.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-01-17 23:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Izhiikoh is pretty amazing all around, so you'll pretty much wanna use it all the time. Of your selection, Ipetam/Izhiikoh when you need accuracy, and Izhiikoh/Atoyac when you don't. Save Sandung for only when TH matters and your performance less so.

For Dual Wield, a few key numbers come into play, which all revolve around how much haste you're getting. With capped magic haste + /DNC Samba, you don't need to add any Dual Wield. Without the Samba, you only need 12% more Dual Wield, which you can get from the Delve earring combo and Nusku's. I forget the values (I have a spreadsheet I made on an old computer), but the amount of Dual Wield you need to cap starts to curve up pretty quick as your magic haste goes down.

- Whirlpool is well-rounded enough for anything. I don't have a DPS Calculator ready to compare it for melee damage to other things though. Highwing Helm is great for meleeing weak crap. AF head is perfect for stacked WS.
- I'm not a fan of Qaaxo, but it does alright. AF and relic bodies offer the crit damage with other perks: AF has incredibly high accuracy (highest?), and relic has the crit rate and Ambush bonus if you're using that. Futhermore, the AF and relic have much higher stats \on them, so they're definitely at least worth getting for WS. You can get away with having just one though if you're not willing to drop a ton of money. Emet is also great as a hybrid PDT/acc piece.
- Plunderer +1 hands are alright, not too many options in hands slots. Buremte Gloves are great since they offer such high accuracy, plus the augment options to cater to your needs. Umuthi are essentially as good as PDT augmented Buremte (tiny loss of acc though). AF hands are ideal for stacked WSs.
- AF pants offer a good amount of accuracy and attack, along with the crit damage, so they're pretty practical. Iuitl on the other hand only offers whatever augments you can be lucky enough to score. I prefer the AF pants.
- Relic feet are ideal, with great stats and triple attack bonuses. Only other thing you could want would be a strong accuracy piece, but there aren't really many options, so it's not a big deal to fulltime the relic feet.
[+]
By ryukin182 2015-01-18 00:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Izhiikoh is pretty amazing all around, so you'll pretty much wanna use it all the time. Of your selection, Ipetam/Izhiikoh when you need accuracy, and Izhiikoh/Atoyac when you don't. Save Sandung for only when TH matters and your performance less so.

I have Jugo Kukri +1 outparsing Atoyac as the offhand weapon to Izh. Did I mess up somewhere? :x
 Fenrir.Magi
Server: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-01-18 03:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexandero said:
Are the TP sets still current? I've gone back 20 pages but what Valli uses is the only thing I've seen on current TP sets. I've seen alot of Rudras though.

Currently I have Izhiikoh, Sandung, Atoyac (Aug), and Ipetam as weapons what would be recommended for Main/Offhand? (Main is RUN, just coming back to THF after a long while).

It's in regards to what Alexandero has access to... he was just giving some positive feedback to his/her post.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2015-01-18 04:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nanaky said: »
"It's what the spreadsheet says is best"

Can't use the raider boomerang anymore u_u;; any individual change is going to be very minor. You can wear potestas, ginsen, thew, cheruski, w/e and only change the dps by 10 or so.

Some people prefer to rock the xbow and use bolts. Not that it's a bad choice, "best is best".

Hey Valli, so according to the spreadsheet, Ginsen is TECHNICALLY better than Yetshila +1 in terms of overall dps?

What bout wincrusher +1? The crit+2 dex1-5 ammo from unity?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-18 07:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hard to quantify a ranged weapon in the sheets, because if you tp in a boomerang, then you have to manually negate the bonuses it gives for the ws sets.

You can't remove the boomerang from SA/TA sets, you have to simulate the removal of the 5 dex.

Let's put it this way:
No ammo/No ranged weapon 0 dps
The best possible ammo 20 dps

The wingcutter+1 is really close to 20 (and it double's as best in slot unstacked rudra. But, I can't use ranged weapons anymore, so I'm not overly invested in finding if I can make it best in any scenario.

I'd use it. If I didn't have mythic. (for capped haste TP/unstacked rudra). (uncapped haste would still be raider).

((you know what I really dislike about THF? Every piece of gear is so damn close, that everytime you make 1 change, it might change a different piece. Example; changing the Jugo kukri, makes a different set of legs better, because it changes the value of store tp, kinda irritating.))

Newest sets, SaRudra TaRudra unstacked when timers down Tojil+bells&whistles

Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-01-18 09:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

I have Jugo Kukri +1 outparsing Atoyac as the offhand weapon to Izh. Did I mess up somewhere? :x
I forgot all about Jugo Kukri cuz it just came out, I haven't even looked at it in spreadsheets but general consensus is that it comes ahead. Not sure if that is under any condition or if there are things you can potentially do that make Atoyac perform better (like self-SCing, which spreadsheets won't include).
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-01-18 09:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hard to quantify a ranged weapon in the sheets, because if you tp in a boomerang, then you have to manually negate the bonuses it gives for the ws sets.

You can't remove the boomerang from SA/TA sets, you have to simulate the removal of the 5 dex.

Let's put it this way:
No ammo/No ranged weapon 0 dps
The best possible ammo 20 dps

The wingcutter+1 is really close to 20 (and it double's as best in slot unstacked rudra. But, I can't use ranged weapons anymore, so I'm not overly invested in finding if I can make it best in any scenario.

I'd use it. If I didn't have mythic. (for capped haste TP/unstacked rudra). (uncapped haste would still be raider).

((you know what I really dislike about THF? Every piece of gear is so damn close, that everytime you make 1 change, it might change a different piece. Example; changing the Jugo kukri, makes a different set of legs better, because it changes the value of store tp, kinda irritating.))

Newest sets, SaRudra TaRudra unstacked when timers down Tojil+bells&whistles

I'm assuming with delay being as low as it is now, It has opened up the option for windbuff belt?
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 262 263 264