FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)
FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-10-23 00:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If they did that Tsuneo, it would actually be representational balance. Until they decided it needs more balance.
 Odin.Registry
Server: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-10-23 00:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
If they did that Tsuneo, it would actually be representational balance. Until they decided it needs more balance.

Not really, it makes sense that they didn't make an auto-repeat for Dominion Ops.

If you have them on repeat you could basically just go cleave whatever you want and get insane amounts of XP.

Since you can't just throw it on repeat you would only get one page done per pull. If you can put it repeat you get (let's say you pull 15-20 mobs per pull, just for the sake of this) an extra 15-20k xp per pull. On top of the fact that (unlike FoV) Abyssea mobs can cap at 600 XP per kill.

This basically crowds the *** out of Heroes zones since there'd be no reason to XP in the others.
By Zackan 2012-10-23 00:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Registry said: »
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

Not really, it makes sense that they didn't make an auto-repeat for Dominion Ops.

If you have them on repeat you could basically just go cleave whatever you want and get insane amounts of XP.

Since you can't just throw it on repeat you would only get one page done per pull. If you can put it repeat you get (let's say you pull 15-20 mobs per pull, just for the sake of this) an extra 15-20k xp per pull. On top of the fact that (unlike FoV) Abyssea mobs can cap at 600 XP per kill.

This basically crowds the *** out of Heroes zones since there'd be no reason to XP in the others.

Man this would be crazy... you can get 200k/hr with a sucky group...250k with a good group... and 300k with a Linkshell group.

I can just imagine.. 400k/hr if dom ops were on repeat... insane
 Odin.Registry
Server: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-10-23 00:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That'd be like pay 4-5 hours of a cleave for 30-99 + capped merits lolz.

If only ;--------;
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-10-23 01:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the idea was for dominion notes, since you already get a crazy amount of exp anyways. As it is Dolls in Altepa cap at aorun 670xp/kill
By Sylfeya 2012-10-23 01:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to wonder if they'll change Phase Displacers and Voiddust to purchasable via cruor. Probably not Voiddust (S-E has expressed disinterest in making it so "You do X so that you can do more X"), but Phase Displacers are more possible (they're basically the VW equivalent to Brewing, after all, and you don't buy Brews with gil). Would be interesting to see how it'd change people's willingness to do VW.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-23 01:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This will probably see the return of legitimate XP alliances, since people will be less willing to pay for XP when they're not making the gil back in cruor.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Server: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2012-10-23 05:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The timing of this ninja fix couldn't have been worse for me. Blinkers were my primary source of gil after I was totally burned out on Dynamis after doing it solo for months to build my G-horn.

And since I can't find a LS that runs during my play time, I was just going to merc the 59 souls and 75 horns I need to get the harp operational.

That plan just got shot down. Back to the old drawing board.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2012-10-23 07:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I really dont see the RMT flooding dynamis but i could be wrong, they did it in sky before and if they are pressed to find new ways, they might screw the dynamis market (one of the little ways of earning gil for legit players).

But with how big this impact is in the economy of many, i dont see it affecting small priced items for selling fast, if any, it will affect big ticket items making them drop like flies, once the people that hoarded gil with this method run out, who's gonna buy marrows@13mill???

I hate the way SE operates lately, instead of making abyssea capped @lv75+ and leaving this gil method the way it was, they hit everyone with the nerfstick, dont understand why they just dont pursue these people in-game, wouldnt take too long to go server to sever and banning the ppl that were stalking blinker NPCs and had funny names/were made 1 month ago/less, sure they would try to make em again but the gil removed would've been huge and after 3-4 mass bannings, i think they would've stop or at least thought about it lol.

And you guys fed the monkey too many pages, the godfather of armadaberks in ragnarok is gonna get hit big time lol, who's gonna buy his 17mill overpriced bodies??? we will see lol, its gonna be nice kick in the mouth once he has to drop the price below 10mills but hey, this wont affect him so who am i so say this : D

Also being perma-high doesnt help him, makes him look even more stupid lol
 Asura.Aerox
Server: Asura
By Asura.Aerox 2012-10-23 09:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish I could say I was shocked to read this, but SE has a long history of taking years to decide they don't like the trends the game has taken on...

I can only think either
A) Their playerbase was unhappy about the economy in feedback to them or
B) The economic trend may impact negatively on future planned content releases

Otherwise why make happy customers frustrated? Seems to me everyone was quite happy building relics and paying people(and bots) for for items they didn't want to invest time in, such as exp grinds and empy items (since you know, LS's for them barely exist and not everyone 2-boxes).

Already hated doing dyna for gil, made most off cruor and Alex in Salvage but now that price will probably crash... o wait maybe that was SE's plan! >.>

Ah well back to my gimpy aby burned Brd, I shall have to live without that G-horn :(
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-10-23 09:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said: »
More reasons to give up on this forsaken game... lol
Because they stop the misuses of something? how does what your saying make sense?
By Avitori 2012-10-23 09:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
I really dont see the RMT flooding dynamis but i could be wrong, they did it in sky before and if they are pressed to find new ways, they might screw the dynamis market (one of the little ways of earning gil for legit players).

But with how big this impact is in the economy of many, i dont see it affecting small priced items for selling fast, if any, it will affect big ticket items making them drop like flies, once the people that hoarded gil with this method run out, who's gonna buy marrows@13mill???

I hate the way SE operates lately, instead of making abyssea capped @lv75+ and leaving this gil method the way it was, they hit everyone with the nerfstick, dont understand why they just dont pursue these people in-game, wouldnt take too long to go server to sever and banning the ppl that were stalking blinker NPCs and had funny names/were made 1 month ago/less, sure they would try to make em again but the gil removed would've been huge and after 3-4 mass bannings, i think they would've stop or at least thought about it lol.

And you guys fed the monkey too many pages, the godfather of armadaberks in ragnarok is gonna get hit big time lol, who's gonna buy his 17mill overpriced bodies??? we will see lol, its gonna be nice kick in the mouth once he has to drop the price below 10mills but hey, this wont affect him so who am i so say this : D

Not to mention all of the hexed -1 gear, but I don't see people paying these prices anymore and I can only imagine there will be a big deflation in prices in the next month or so.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-10-23 09:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as RMT flooding Dynamis goes, even with this nerf, blinkers can still potentially make you millions of gil every day for far less coordinated effort, so I don't see any reason for them to swap over.
 Siren.Calnus
Server: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-10-23 09:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Because they stop the misuses of something? how does what your saying make sense?
I wouldn't call chocobo blinkers a misuse by anyone other than RMT. There is nothing else to do in this game except spam voidwatch, abyssea, dynamis, legion or meebles (lol).

The only savior of voidwatch from the abysmal drop rates was the ability to convert cruor and buy a pulse cell or whatever you wanted. It still took time to get what you wanted because you needed FIVE cells for example. Relics still cost 110M+ as well.

Everyone was making cruor and almost everyone knew how to convert it. It's been happening for a long time. Only in the past month or so have a noticed a ton of gil tells for 5.99 per million and mules left and right at NPC's converting. The RMT came in and ruined it for everyone plain and simple.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-10-23 09:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »

Not to mention all of the hexed -1 gear, but I don't see people paying these prices anymore and I can only imagine there will be a big deflation in prices in the next month or so.

Not necessarily, the pipe pouring the money supply into this game just constricted enormously. However the ratio of how much gil is still removed from the economy every day vs. how much is generated is unknown to me. Less overall supply would mean gil is more valuable which would lead to deflation, but if there is still a net positive generation of gil everyday inflation will still rise.

This may just end up being a brake on inflation instead of a U-turn.
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2012-10-23 10:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
who the hell is this guy

Just some troll, just be thankful he's not on your server.
 Remora.Kyron
Server: Remora
user: kasain
By Remora.Kyron 2012-10-23 10:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It is just wrong. Blinkers were something for everyone, that anyone could get in many ways on any job.

You can say do WoE. Well better bring a bst or smn. Besides that no other job will step foot in their due to Aoe's and death.

Dynamics: Well here you get three to four jobs. Dnc, thf, nin, bst. If your not these four jobs you are slow and won't get a good hual. Of course SE could make the event more reasonable by making all three procs types the same. Magic, JA, WS. But SE won't.

Some people can craft, but hey if to many craft, guess what that deflates everyone else and what they make. And even more so, you don't play any job when you do it.

VW all jobs could do. And they all could walk away with something. Personally I don't feel crour should of dropped from VW. But they could of replaced crour with gil. Either that amount of crour or even 1/2 of it as gil. So quilin would been 10k

Exp, abby, it again is open to all jobs. t lets you skill up, level and have fun. Or if bored in town just kill for gil and friends.

Salvage, you cant solo, and people using mules to make it so they can enter makes the event lame.

Many people say they wait for the expansion, but I say they are insane to expect much. If you look back:

CoP. Came out, most people saw nothing but two zones after six months release. Even then no end game was added til sea or limbus years later.

Whitegate: Came out, new jobs, new areas but really nothing to see or do besides besieged, and I think the three kings. Even assault's, were after a year of update. Nysle isle and salvage two years.

WoTG: Campaign at start, but no one will need exp now or for long after it comes out. Besides this WoE came out and well that event went years before anyone ever did.

So If the expansion comes out March 2013, you can expect besides unlocking two new jobs and leveling them up, you will have nothing major different to do until October 2013 minimum.

So, what are the average people supposed to do? FFXI atm feels like it was right before level cap increase was announced. Only major difference back then LS's were healthy and chatted and people would shout for events and do things over and over.

Now everything is solo so much.

Time to play Skyrim, If I am going to play a single player game like ffxi has turned into.. I will do it doing anything I wish to enjoy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-10-23 10:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You're 11 pages too late... :/
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-10-23 10:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So, what are the average people supposed to do? FFXI atm feels like it was right before level cap increase was announced. Only major difference back then LS's were healthy and chatted and people would shout for events and do things over and over.

I sure would love to play the pre-abyssea FFXI you were playing, where the only shout-friendly events were BCNMs and Fay Weapons. Shouting Salvage was just asking for a headache due to how much random people sucked at it, and pretty much every single other event (Sky, Sea, ZNM, Dynamis, Limbus, Einherjar) required a LS group to get done (Unless you're JP). Unless you want to count the first few months of Magian Trials in that, which were all about tedious grinding- and sadly that was refreshing at that point because it actually allowed people who had no group activities to have something to do.

How did a simple nerf on the NPC sale price of an item turn into a rant about how this game is lacking content? I can get that complaint from some people but this nerf has zero to do with how much content is actually in the game.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kingbribant
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kingbribant 2012-10-23 10:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad I finished my relic this last Sunday before nerf lol
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-23 10:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Robmelee said: »
Cruor only served for 4 purposes......

1.) Conversion to Gil (Superior)
2.) Brewing (Major)
3.) Voidwatch Atma Upgrade/Voidwatch Teleport Costs (Minor-Major)
4.) Day-to-Day Abyssea Expenses (Minor)

Now that our biggest reason for farming cruor is decimated, its now mostly good to brew and get around abyssea and vana'diel with or finish upgrading those favorite VW atmas.

Either way not too suprised with these changes, since SE is sooo concerned about Balance.

I don't know kind hard to take them seriously when WHM can convert now. lol Just my two cents.

WHM should be subbing scholar for 90% of all applications.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-10-23 10:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Calnus said: »
I wouldn't call chocobo blinkers a misuse by anyone other than RMT. There is nothing else to do in this game except spam voidwatch, abyssea, dynamis, legion or meebles (lol). The only savior of voidwatch from the abysmal drop rates was the ability to convert cruor and buy a pulse cell or whatever you wanted. It still took time to get what you wanted because you needed FIVE cells for example. Relics still cost 110M+ as well. Everyone was making cruor and almost everyone knew how to convert it. It's been happening for a long time. Only in the past month or so have a noticed a ton of gil tells for 5.99 per million and mules left and right at NPC's converting. The RMT came in and ruined it for everyone plain and simple.
That's quite a cute elaboration in defense to your little hustle but the bottom line is this no different to selling remedies to the NPC's back in the day and as an alchemist that came up on that hustle I can stand here and tell you that was also an exploit... so funs over please don't try to defend it there is still plenty to do to make loot just nothing atm that won't allow you to be Bill Gates and go to sleep and wake up w/ a billion in in your inventory.
 Shiva.Damonz
Server: Shiva
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2012-10-23 11:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I may have missed it, but I did skim all of the pages. But am I the only one here that thinks instead of nerfing blinkers because there was too much gil comming into the system and not nearly enough going out, that SE should have just made better gil sinks? I think something along the lines of adding some NPC's that sold HMP/cinder/dross marrows and residue? could have priced them to be along the lines of prices they sell for across servers.

The playerbase could still price them less than the static price on the NPC, but people with metric ***tons of gil I'm sure would be willing to pay higher prices at an NPC than spend hours/weeks/months looking through bazzars.

Edit: and nerfing blinkers doesn't matter to me either way, it was a nice source of extra income, but by far of the only means of income. It's just that I don't see nerfing blinkers as something that fixes the problem, it's a just a band-aid over a floodgate of incomming gil.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-10-23 11:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

as i thought... it wan't intented to make any sense.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-10-23 11:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Quote:
I sure would love to play the pre-abyssea FFXI you were playing, where the only shout-friendly events were BCNMs and Fay Weapons. Shouting Salvage was just asking for a headache due to how much random people sucked at it, and pretty much every single other event (Sky, Sea, ZNM, Dynamis, Limbus, Einherjar) required a LS group to get done (Unless you're JP). Unless you want to count the first few months of Magian Trials in that, which were all about tedious grinding- and sadly that was refreshing at that point because it actually allowed people who had no group activities to have something to do. How did a simple nerf on the NPC sale price of an item turn into a rant about how this game is lacking content? I can get that complaint from some people but this nerf has zero to do with how much content is actually in the game.
What this man said^
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-10-23 11:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

as i thought... it wan't intented to make any sense.

Actually, trying to argue or make sense of a statement that was stated 11 pages ago, it's pretty pointless..

Unless, you're one of those particular players who enjoy derailing threads...

However, since English is not your first language and reading might be some what difficult for you because you have miss the part of my statement "More Reasons to give up on this game" Meaning if you've played this game for quite few years, you would have known SE has been managing this game very poorly.. I'm really not going to get into the negative of how SE has been managing this game for the years me and others players have experience SE poor management...
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-10-23 11:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, to be honest with you chocobo blinkers were more like Social Security Disability, Medicaid and food stamps for some of us, who have been playing for many years.

Edit: I don't really expect anyone to agree with my statement because this statement is the way I see how Chocobo Blinkers meant for me.
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-10-23 11:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Double post my bad... :/
By Avitori 2012-10-23 11:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Double post my bad... :/