FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)
FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 14 15 16
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-10-22 21:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Barber said: »
For me HMP are the wildcard. Nearly every other item will surely see a price drop over time. Sure there are a dozen people per server fishing haks but they probably cover the AH fees on flame/breeze geodes from a fountain/sink perspective. But HMP are getting hit from two sides. One, the supply will probably shrink due to fewer people doing voidwatch. Whether that is a lot or a little remains to be seen. But on the other side, many buyers were funding their emps with crour so they won't be buyers at high price points anymore. So there are conflicting forces at work.

Likewise, people will probably increase dynamis farming for gil which will bring more currency into the market. But as HMP become harder to come by, perhaps a few people who had their eyes on emps will look to a relic instead. I know I've gone back and forth on emp or relic for a monk weapon. There will be a re-equilibrium over the coming weeks. And then when perfect defense gets nerfed and it takes an alliance to kill ADL instead of 3 two boxers the currency/hmp equilibrium will shift again when marrows double in price.
Agreed.

This "nerf" is just a start on getting things back on track. I think that people will do more VW involving HMP/pouches only for the fact to get them for free or at a discounted rate.

Qilin will always be popular because of that dagger.. heck if they wanted to make Voidwatch relevant again, just increase the drop rate a little bit.

Or.. instead of logs and petrifacts.. make it drop stuff that you can NPC for more than 500 gil at a time. (That petrifact >> cruor idea is now null and void. D:)

Either way whatever we can suggest would end up turning into something that could be "game breaking" or could be abused.. so I want to see where it goes from here.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-22 21:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't really see Marrows doubling in value lol. His only dangerous attack isn't even blocked by PD
[+]
 Carbuncle.Vaglabond
Server: Carbuncle
user: vaglabond
By Carbuncle.Vaglabond 2012-10-22 21:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

"Chain smoking joints" may lead to short-term memory impairment and delusions of grandeur.
[+]
 Siren.Calnus
Server: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-10-22 21:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That's actually a really good point now that I think about it. Why in the ***are they allowing us to convert pertifacts to cruor again? It was already laughable that it was going to be 100 cruor each but why even bother since nearly everyone has capped atmacites and no real need to brew?

That ***makes no sense now lol. I would rather have a new BCNM system using pertifacts for orbs.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-10-22 21:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Vaglabond said: »
"Chain smoking joints" may lead to short-term memory impairment and delusions of grandeur.
This is why we should all be high.. we could get into that mindset!
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-10-22 21:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Calnus said: »
That's actually a really good point now that I think about it. Why in the ***are they allowing us to convert pertifacts to cruor again? It was already laughable that it was going to be 100 cruor each but why even bother since nearly everyone has capped atmacites and no real need to brew or use weaken items?

That ***makes no sense now lol. I would rather have a new BCNM system using pertifacts for orbs.
Or allow them to be traded for Voidstones.. just SOMETHING that could be useful ._.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2012-10-22 21:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh No! Square-Enix is going to get me?! Run! 2012 is here early!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-22 21:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

who the hell is this guy
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-10-22 21:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If we ignore him, he might go away.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-22 21:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

He's a sly puppetmaster whose been masterfully tugging at the strings of our emotions.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2012-10-22 21:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Don't really see Marrows doubling in value lol. His only dangerous attack isn't even blocked by PD

Agreed! I can see them dropping if anything.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2012-10-22 21:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not go away. You all keep me alive! <3
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-22 21:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

afk going to carve a coo coo clock or something
 Siren.Barber
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2012-10-22 21:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The marrow comment was IF the PD/embrava nerf comes to pass. Let's face it, alliances dont farm them to sell. The guys selling are the guys splitting it three ways, not 18 ways. If that doesn't happen, then yes, marrow will drop too (although maybe not as much if currency price falls making the total cost of a 99 relic relatively cheap even if marrows stay the same).
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-10-22 21:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The double nerf has already been announced and it will affect the ability to kill ADL for many groups. Sure, the skilled groups may be able to work around it but if you aren't top tier? ADL just become alot less of an assured marrow in the bank.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2012-10-22 21:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The marrow comment was IF the PD/embrava nerf comes to pass. Let's face it, alliances dont farm them to sell. The guys selling are the guys splitting it three ways, not 18 ways. If that doesn't happen, then yes, marrow will drop too (although maybe not as much if currency price falls making the total cost of a 99 relic relatively cheap even if marrows stay the same).

Everytime I've gone to ADL we go with more than 18 people, with intent to sell them unless someone in our LS is currently working on a relic. Either way still make decent gil split usually about 18, depending on mules present.
 Carbuncle.Vaglabond
Server: Carbuncle
user: vaglabond
By Carbuncle.Vaglabond 2012-10-22 21:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
Everytime I've gone to ADL we go with more than 18 people, with intent to sell

Copious marijuana use may also lead to extreme efficiency.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-22 22:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

k done

I shall call him Oliver
[+]
 Siren.Barber
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2012-10-22 22:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Everytime I've gone to ADL we go with more than 18 people, with intent to sell them unless someone in our LS is currently working on a relic. Either way still make decent gil split usually about 18, depending on mules present.

With marrows 12-13M on your server thats 700k per marrow. That's an awful lot of mules to reset 2 hours to make it worth it over just mindlessly killing hippogryphs. It's more work. It's the use of a event night. Your linkshell is the exception and not the rule. And while I'm not saying this about your linkshell specifically there is certainly quite a few LS's that could kill ADL with 18 that will not be able to after the PD/emb nerf.

There just aren't that many killing it without those buffs. No getting around that.
By Avitori 2012-10-22 22:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

With marrows 12-13M on your server thats 700k per marrow. That's an awful lot of mules to reset 2 hours to make it worth it over just mindlessly killing hippogryphs. It's more work. It's the use of a event night. Your linkshell is the exception and not the rule. And while I'm not saying this about your linkshell specifically there is certainly quite a few LS's that could kill ADL with 18 that will not be able to after the PD/emb nerf.

There just aren't that many killing it without those buffs. No getting around that.

We still don't know what they are going to do to PD / Embrava :< Although, marrows split 18+ ways sounds like terrible gil. Better for LS leaders to hoard that ***for the "bank". :P
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-22 22:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not so bad when you consider that even the worst group should be getting at least 5 marrows per round of ADLs... or they probably shouldn't be wasting 2 hours doing ADL. 3m or so per person is equal to or greater than what a majority of people will be getting solo from Dynamis
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2012-10-22 22:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually ever run yields 3m+ so it's not bad. I'm definitely looking forward to the next couple months though, this is gonna be interesting. :)
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-22 22:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, especially when you realize without cruor, marrow prices crash.
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-10-22 22:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything will crash if buyers don't have gil to buy.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-22 22:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that was my overall point, yeah.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2012-10-22 22:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn that's really sad how much some of you guys depended on the cruor to gil conversion to do anything... tsk tsk tsk.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-10-22 22:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's sad how you don't realize how much of an impact cruor conversion had on your own profits, but it's been mentioned multiple times already, so you're either a moron or a troll or both.
[+]
 Sylph.Mirvana
Server: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-10-22 22:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone else notice they're just now fixing the "no-exp" glitch in besieged lol, that ***'s been around since 2006 XD
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2012-10-22 22:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
It's sad how you don't realize how much of an impact cruor conversion had on your own profits, but it's been mentioned multiple times already, so you're either a moron or a troll or both.

I'm still unsure of this myself Tsuneo, if you find out please let me know. I guess I'll just have to find out 'the hard way,' huh? I likes me a challenge!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-22 22:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn that's really sad how much some of you guys depended on the cruor to gil conversion to do anything... tsk tsk tsk.
The important thing is you found a way to feel superior.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 14 15 16