FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)
FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-10-24 16:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Deodate said: »
I don't participate in VW so I'm not understanding exactly how the recent nerf affects it, but I keep seeing posts about it.

Can anyone explain in what way the nerf affected Voidwatch? I'm confused and just trying to figure out how it's related. Thanks~

It affects only Provenance watcher's fight duration if we're talking about VW.

Edit : Nvm i'm in the wrong thread lol!
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-10-24 16:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously though, I have a few million cruor, never done VW and this won't effect me when it comes to making gil.

There are so many different ways to make gil in this game, I don't understand why people are getting so upset about it. Guaranteed within the next few months, everyone will have moved on and be farming gil in other ways, and Blinkers will be forgotten.

I have been working on Empyreans, and I hope by the time I am ready to spam VW for some gear (Yes, I want to get some gear, I am not after the money), that there are still casual players like myself who are willing to do so.

Just because some players are on this game 24/7, and spammed Vw/Blinkers to death, doesn't mean its the end of Voidwatch and making gil.

EDIT: Oh and another thing. Anything that helps to stop RMT making gil with minimal effort is a good thing, and doing this nerf was by far the most effective way of doing that. Real players will find another way round it, while RMT will cry and have to go back to the drawing board.

As for Dynamis, I have seen dreamlands on my server be pretty quiet from time to time. If people need money, I am sure there will be enough room. Don't expect a full server to dive in there now that Blinkers have gone ... What you should expect is more people doing Dynamis, and this will make more currency available, which might end up leading to even cheaper currency. So for those making relics, it will "balance" itself out.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-24 16:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see how removing a somewhat harmless way of RMT making gil and forcing them to do things that could affect real players is a selling point of the cruor change tbh
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-10-24 22:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
There are so many different ways to make gil in this game

Earning gil by selling goods and creating gil from thin air are two different things. The later is the problem. Why do you think fishing is nerfed all the time.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-24 22:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Inflation is not necessarily a bad thing, actually.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-24 22:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The sudden removal of gil from the economy (2008 or 2009 was it?) did more damage than the inflationary period leading up to it. There were huge price jumps because nobody knew what anything was worth. People holding moderate amounts of gil got rich, and people holding items lost out.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-10-24 22:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

alot of u must've forgotten the 58 mil Scorpion Harnesses lol
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-24 22:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Selling power was just as strong though. Everything was inflated, so anything you sold would make that much more.
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-10-24 23:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

agreed. everything was higher priced partially due to the fact that there were very few HQ crafters, and certain individuals had a niche of the market covered. gil wasnt as easy to come by as it is today, and a majority of players relied on AH gear, since the better gear was usually aquired by the leets in sky,sea,hnms. the game has changed some for better, some for worse. But its still the place i like to be, and i still have alot to do to feel im satified with my own progress. gil aquisition has taken a big step back, but it wont deter me from my own goals, itll just take a little longer to get there.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-10-25 03:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread summed up in one song, replace "WAR" with "Cruor," lol:

Lakshmi.Cortez
Server: Lakshmi
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2012-10-25 03:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing that bothers me with the cruor > gil nerf is that it makes all the other ways of obtaining gil less profitable as more people start doing them. The cruor > Gil methods were not subject to compitition because pretty much everything you do would get you cruor (XP partys, VW, farming Emp Weapons, etc etc). Therefore to get gil you didnt have to step on any bodys toes. Now more and more people will start doing dynamis more to farm currency to sell because just about everyone can go farm dynamis. However with more people doing dynamis, this will increase the supply which will probably decrease the price in the coming months. But that isnt the main issue, the main issue is compitition. Everyone will see a drop in the average amount of coins they get per run simply because of the increased compitition.

This same idea can be applied to all the major ways to make gil. Compitition in all those markets will increase which will cause a decrease in profitability for everyone.

The Cruor > Gil nerf will affect alot more than the average player thinks it will. No more blinkers sucks, but whats even worse is the profitability of practically every other way of making gil will decline.
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-10-25 03:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Good God ... ya'll !!
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16