FF14
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 18 19 20
 Ragnarok.Rusko
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2009-06-02 20:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

dont care about 14 if its only for phailstation 3 and pc. simple as that.
 Odin.Moondaddy
Server: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-06-02 20:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Rusko said:
dont care about 14 if its only for phailstation 3 and pc. simple as that.

because the 360 plays ff11 so well you wanna try and play a real game on it???
 Remora.Narrubia
Server: Remora
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-06-02 20:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Limiting the number of systems the game runs on will undoubtedly make it easier to program for SE. If you compare FFXI to other pay-MMOs, FFXI actually has a relatively lousy interface and poor programming. However, not only is it on 3 different systems, but the servers aren't even system-specific, which is pretty huge when you consider how few games there are that allow players from different systems to play together.

So yes, those people who play only on Xbox360 are going to miss out unless they obtain a new system, but I would at least like to believe this means FFXIV will be programmed in a more consistent and efficient manner than FFXI.

On the other hand, the PS3 is getting kinda old now... Hopefully it won't end up acting like the PS2 and limiting PC users.
 Hades.Rieyuu
Server: Hades
user: Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-02 20:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

theyre not going to make it so you can use your old 11 character on 14 that would take away lvling up and everything else in the game being 75 you'd be able to do so much...that'd be like having another game before 11 and using that character on 11 you'd be able to do anything having a bunch of 75 characters and great gear
[+]
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-06-02 20:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Prolly one of the best idea SE had in a long time, just hoping it will be decent.

A good restart would not hurt for somes persons i think.
 Fairy.Onehicup
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Onehicup 2009-06-02 20:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

atleast being ps3 only, it takes away the room for cheats. There will be some probably, but hopefully it won't be tragic. I guess if there's money to be made on cheats, there will always be cheats.
 Odin.Moondaddy
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-06-02 20:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

but its not ps3 only, bet rmt are already planing on how best to take over >.<
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-06-02 20:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Onehicup said:
atleast being ps3 only, it takes away the room for cheats. There will be some probably, but hopefully it won't be tragic. I guess if there's money to be made on cheats, there will always be cheats.

It isn't PS3 only. It's a PS3 console exclusive but will be on PC. Check the site: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com
 Fenrir.Superangel
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Superangel 2009-06-02 20:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ur thinking short term, as u know there will be some form cheating, i hope not. and they need to tranfer our char over to the other game. relics are a pain to get. theres lots of other armors/weps/etc everyone work hard to get. ps2 360 no glitches or botting and such. i hope they increase the gil drop in this game than final11.
 Remora.Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-06-02 20:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure how much I like the idea of FFXIV being similar enough to FFXI to allow for character transfers.

Oh wait, I don't like that idea at all. I don't want FFXI with better graphics. I'd much rather SE learned from their first MMO and made this one at least slightly different for the better.
 Odin.Spiderpig
user: Spiderpig
By Odin.Spiderpig 2009-06-02 20:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For everyone complaining and thinking FFXI is over.

Look at Everquest.

Also those that complain they have spent like $1000 in subscription fees over the years only to have the game 'replaced' only have themselves to blame.

MMOS don't last forever, one day the servers will go down and not come back up.
Please remember this when devoting thousands of hours of gameplay.

The game looks like it's going to be fun, and alot more appealing to the eye.

Make the enemies more believeable, no more bees,birds and super high level rabbits.
Multiple enemy combat would be a plus, like the trailer implies.
Include some sort of PvP aspect thats ont he fly.
A more active battle system, less waiting 10 seconds to swing my weapon.

I think as much as you guys hate WoW, they see the 12million+ subscibers and are going to make the game alot less of a time sink, especially crafting and travelling.

My initial response: BRING ON THE GRINDAN!!
 Valefor.Superangell
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Superangell 2009-06-02 20:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

it is slightly different than the last one it has better graphics and a cool looking galka, only time i ever say that.
 Shiva.Nightraid
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-06-02 20:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiderpig said:
For everyone complaining and thinking FFXI is over.

Look at Everquest.

Also those that complain they have spent like $1000 in subscription fees over the years only to have the game 'replaced' only have themselves to blame.

MMOS don't last forever, one day the servers will go down and not come back up.
Please remember this when devoting thousands of hours of gameplay.

The game looks like it's going to be fun, and alot more appealing to the eye.

Make the enemies more believeable, no more bees,birds and super high level rabbits.
Multiple enemy combat would be a plus, like the trailer implies.
Include some sort of PvP aspect thats ont he fly.
A more active battle system, less waiting 10 seconds to swing my weapon.

I think as much as you guys hate WoW, they see the 12million+ subscibers and are going to make the game alot less of a time sink, especially crafting and travelling.

My initial response: BRING ON THE GRINDAN!!

QFT
 Garuda.Darkfighter
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Darkfighter 2009-06-02 20:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

fresh start, undiscovered journeys, exploring and figuring out things from scratch, this is ganna be fun xD and ofcourse the race to be the baddest *** mother *** out there
[+]
 Valefor.Superangell
By Valefor.Superangell 2009-06-02 20:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

they might have a multi combat fighting system. cant go on the demo trailer bc final11 was like that on their movie intro. so cant go on that also.
 Valefor.Superangell
By Valefor.Superangell 2009-06-02 20:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

now i question if i wanna go after my relic now, if they do like pso did with version 1 and version2 char tranfer ill deal with it. everyone agrees whats the point in buying the token and next 2 add-ons just to shut down
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-06-02 21:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Superangell said:
now i question if i wanna go after my relic now, if they do like pso did with version 1 and version2 char tranfer ill deal with it. everyone agrees whats the point in buying the token and next 2 add-ons just to shut down

They already said it wont be shut down, they will co-inside with each other.
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-06-02 21:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like
ima have to trade consoles with my dad again /facepalm
 Odin.Spiderpig
user: Spiderpig
By Odin.Spiderpig 2009-06-02 21:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkfighter said:
fresh start, undiscovered journeys, exploring and figuring out things from scratch, this is ganna be fun xD and ofcourse the race to be the baddest *** mother *** out there

I imagine thats exactly what they're going for.

Fresh start fresh appeal.

Less time sinkin *fingers crossed*
 Valefor.Superangell
By Valefor.Superangell 2009-06-02 21:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

so since thats the case, no new lvl cap then, new relic(again)3rd time. new adventure i like. what about new jobs and such. and if u said they will co-exsist then that means i can load my char on the new game i see y not since i would be usin my account and such correct?
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-02 21:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

who knows....no one knows anything about it other than it has a galka a chocobo hume and a elvan, it's like 11 and it's name is going to be ffIV online. lol
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-06-02 21:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This game is gonna be awesome, if its anything like FF11, but without all the mistakes SE did because they had no experience whatsoever with making an MMO. Since FF11 was released in 2002, they have been playing catchup, trying to improve the game and they did a great job. But the initial lack of popularity of FF11 kept it from ever becoming big. Now, with the mistakes behind, they can make something extraordinary.

I just hope I can finish all the storyline (mostly CoP which is a *** to get through -_-) of FF XI someday, hopefully before I start playing XIV... :x
 Remora.Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-06-02 21:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Rieyuu said:
who knows....no one knows anything about it other than it has a galka a chocobo hume and a elvan, it's like 11 and it's name is going to be ffIV online. lol

The concept art on the official site, as well as the actual logo, depicts what appear to be Mithra and Tarutaru. It looks like the races are going to be the same as FFXI, if nothing else.
Ninja Edit: Also one of those Mithras in the concept art (the one in the middle) looks somewhat masculine... Not like that's enough to hold one's breath over, though.
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-02 21:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

true but either way...these are all realy just opinions people don't know what's in the game or anything about it
 Bahamut.Rifkan
Server: Bahamut
user: Rifkan
By Bahamut.Rifkan 2009-06-02 21:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I see atleast 3 mithra on the title page of the website in the panoramic view and they don't look masculine at all!
Not to mention the one in the screenshot above casting that protective orb thing or what not.
 Carbuncle.Kurosawa
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kurosawa
By Carbuncle.Kurosawa 2009-06-02 21:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Has ANY MMO sequel/follow up EVER worked out? EQ 2 didn't, Asteron's Call 2 didn't.

I expect the current FFXI playerbase to split into 3: 1/3 to FF XIV, 1/3 staying on FFXI, the other third quitting.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-02 22:01:15
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

This probably has "Fat chance" written all over it but, I'd keep playing FFXI on the condition that they reduce or eliminate the monthly fee after they stop giving it new content.
 Caitsith.Bamill
Server: Caitsith
user: bamill
By Caitsith.Bamill 2009-06-02 22:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
This probably has "Fat chance" written all over it but, I'd keep playing FFXI on the condition that they reduce or eliminate the monthly fee after they stop giving it new content.

^ this
although I'll probably still play because I'm an idiot >.>
annnd just got my Novio Earring and Morri Slops
milking those bad boys while i can D:

PS. HIM ftw!
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-06-02 22:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It has been confirmed for PC as well.

"LOS ANGELES--Earlier today at Sony's E3 media briefing, the console giant dropped the bomb that Final Fantasy XIV would arrive next year as a "PlayStation 3 console exclusive." Square Enix followed up on that today by confirming that the massively multiplayer online role-playing game would also be appearing on the PC.

Both versions of the game are set for a simultaneous worldwide release sometime in 2010.
"

Taken from Gamespot.
 Fairy.Burda
Server: Fairy
user: Burda
By Fairy.Burda 2009-06-02 22:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

People who are thinking about quitting 11 will join 14, People who quit 11 over the years for getting burned out and wanting something new will prob give 14 a try to see if the things they hated changed. People who love 11 still will prob go and try 14 just to see if its better.

In other words ff14 will be as big as ff11 was when it first came out if not bigger. I remember 4000k people on way back when.

On top of that for anyone who quits 11 to try 14 and does not like it can come back to 11 if they choose at any point with the new char retrieval system.

Edit Ding
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 18 19 20