FF14
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-08-21 06:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Segaia said:
We are getting a lot known things back aswell.. like Red Lotus Blade shown in the vid. But there will also be new spells and abilities. From the magic-vid the little Lalafel tried to cast a spell but the warrior was too fast and killed the enemy before he started to cast.

From the shortcutbar you can see the name of the spell "Dunkelheit" when he hovers over the button which in english translates to "Darkness". Welcome to the world of dark-based nukes. *^.^*

At all, (as already mentioned) shown was an old alpha build and the developers clearly stated that the current version is far ahead from this. Besides.... even if you say u wont play ffxiv.... c'mon, noone believes you ;P

Awesome, they are putting in FFXIV what Dark Knights should have had for years! Actually get to utilize that +10MAB on the AF2 body I'm sure any BLM-SCH would baaaaaaaaaaw endlessly over.

I wonder if Equipment swaps will be as large a part of FFXIV as it is in FFXI. The sound of the game makes it seem like it lifts a lot of inpsiration, and possibly downright copies the AP system from FFIX so how would that effect what people are accustomed to. Although Non FFXI players might find it more similar, as FFXI is the only game to be so revolved around equipment. In something like WoW, you tend to spec around 1 thing (Which I prefer, gives class diversity, but whatever)I would be so bold as to say Equipment swaping wasn't an itnended gameplay mechanic in FFXI, but then how the hell do you explain Hecatomb armor...
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-08-21 07:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Zicdeh said:
Segaia said:
We are getting a lot known things back aswell.. like Red Lotus Blade shown in the vid. But there will also be new spells and abilities. From the magic-vid the little Lalafel tried to cast a spell but the warrior was too fast and killed the enemy before he started to cast.

From the shortcutbar you can see the name of the spell "Dunkelheit" when he hovers over the button which in english translates to "Darkness". Welcome to the world of dark-based nukes. *^.^*

At all, (as already mentioned) shown was an old alpha build and the developers clearly stated that the current version is far ahead from this. Besides.... even if you say u wont play ffxiv.... c'mon, noone believes you ;P

Awesome, they are putting in FFXIV what Dark Knights should have had for years! Actually get to utilize that +10MAB on the AF2 body I'm sure any BLM-SCH would baaaaaaaaaaw endlessly over.

I wonder if Equipment swaps will be as large a part of FFXIV as it is in FFXI. The sound of the game makes it seem like it lifts a lot of inpsiration, and possibly downright copies the AP system from FFIX so how would that effect what people are accustomed to. Although Non FFXI players might find it more similar, as FFXI is the only game to be so revolved around equipment. In something like WoW, you tend to spec around 1 thing (Which I prefer, gives class diversity, but whatever)I would be so bold as to say Equipment swaping wasn't an itnended gameplay mechanic in FFXI, but then how the hell do you explain Hecatomb armor...

Just hoping stuff like "Holy" wont be gay as it is in FFXI...
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-21 07:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Zicdeh said:
I would be so bold as to say Equipment swaping wasn't an itnended gameplay mechanic in FFXI, but then how the hell do you explain Hecatomb armor...

^ QFT

They did actually say somewhere in all the mess of FF14 info that they were looking at a way of swapping out entire gear sets at once. So I imagine that gear swapping will be very much the same as it is now, but your macro will look more like "/equip set "rdm mp"" rather than "/equip main "light staff", /equip head "walmart turban"" etc. etc.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-21 07:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear swapping wasn't supposed to be a big thing, people could swap all 5 viable pieces in 1 press (along with a WS/JA/Spell).

But SE then confused us by releasing increasingly situational gear, combined with us gaining a greater understanding of the game mechanics meant we had to swap more gear to get ahead and beat the new event, or new top NM.
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-08-21 13:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I just looked at the gameplay vids in HQ, so i could see the spell descriptions, chat log and the spell names used in the videos.

According to this vid:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-final-fantasy/54746

i can confirm the following:

Spell-/Skill-names that were used:

-Fesseln (Bind)
-Heilen (Cure)
-Provozieren II (Provoke II)
-Dunkelheit (Darkness)
-Schwerthieb (Sword strike?)
-Feuerschuss (Hot Shot)
-Dunkelheit (Darkness)
-Repetierschuss (no idea to what that translates to, ???-shot)
-Magiegeschoss (Magical Bullet/ Magical Missile)
-Fernschuss (Long-Range Shot)
-Schwertstoß (Sword Thrust)

Damage attributes:

From the skill-description of Schwerthieb i can also see that we will see damage types like blunt or slashing again, because it says:

"Sting with your sword. Damage attribute: Sting" (hope "Sting" is right lol)

Thats all i could see in the vids so far. As far as i can see we get a lot of old spells and skills, paired with new ones we haven't seen yet. We get more info about our skills, since the descriptions seem better now. Gotta be interesting. If new vids are up imma see if i can leech more info.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-21 13:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay nice work, I was hoping a German would come along and translate stuff for us :D
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-21 14:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Provoke II eh?
Interesting...
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-21 14:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cuz only noobs use voke 1
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [196 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Southie
user: Southie
By Odin.Southie 2010-03-05 18:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They won't release it for PC so they can delay the population decline of FFXI online. But, sure as *** ...of course it gonna be on every platform. They will release it for different platforms at different times. The big picture is always gonna have the same agenda. $>>>>PROFIT<<<<$
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-05 18:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

wat.
ohsup necro.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-06 04:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Southie said:
They won't release it for PC so they can delay the population decline of FFXI online. But, sure as *** ...of course it gonna be on every platform. They will release it for different platforms at different times. The big picture is always gonna have the same agenda. $>>>>PROFIT<<<<$

This makes no sense at all, to me atleast.

All your platforms are belongs to us?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-06 05:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Southie said:

Stop being a mong.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-03-06 08:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Southie said:
Stop being a mong.

pmsl @ mong....that is such an English insult ^^
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [131 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-15 15:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ricco said:
"When equipping a piece of gear in the midst of battle, the attributes it grants will be halved for a period of 30 seconds."

So I'm wondering if gear swaps wont be used as much in 14 now because of this :x
makes sense to me.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-15 15:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL they must have really disliked the constant swaps/reliance on gear in FFXI.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20