Forum » FFXIV » General » FF14
FF14
First Page 2 3 4 ... 18 19 20
 Fairy.Berserkerjr
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Berserkerjr 2009-06-02 15:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If the game does well as a PS3 exclusive then it'll stay exclusive... If it doesnt then SE is going to reconsider just like it did with FFXI. They saw that having it as a PS2 only game didnt work too well.

The catch this time around tho is that the PS3 is already an online console right off the bat, theres no extra peripheral to be "sold seperately" this time around... So I think that it will do really good on PS3 cuz of this reason... Needless to say, I'm OVERLY excited about this, me being a PS3 user that was ALWAYS waiting for SE to announce FFXI for the PS3... FFXIV would do tho :D.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-02 15:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually the best thing about this game is it could possibly get the RMT and botters off ffxi and onto ffix
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-06-02 15:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not starting another effing MMO, no way, no how.

The only smidgling possibility of a way I might be convinced is if there was someway to transfer characters over, seeing as it looks like FFXI-2. On the other hand, I don't have a PS3. I already bought the 360 to play XI, I'm not going to make the same mistake again.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-02 15:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Berserkerjr said:
If the game does well as a PS3 exclusive then it'll stay exclusive... If it doesnt then SE is going to reconsider just like it did with FFXI. They saw that having it as a PS2 only game didnt work too well.

I still think if they don't port it to PC quickly they're being incredibly stupid. There's 100, if not 1000 PC's out there for every single game console put together.

Getting it to run, though, may be tricky... ^^

*waits to see if FFXIV becomes the new Crysis*
 Asura.Elvaton
Server: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-06-02 15:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

do we know if its even an mmorpg or just an mmo? hmmm..../think
 Fairy.Berserkerjr
By Fairy.Berserkerjr 2009-06-02 15:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Berserkerjr said:

I still think if they don't port it to PC quickly they're being incredibly stupid. There's 100, if not 1000 PC's out there for every single game console put together.

Getting it to run, though, may be tricky... ^^

*waits to see if FFXIV becomes the new Crysis*

You're right about that, but it's in Sony's best interest to keep that game exclusive to their console to TRY to convert those PC users into PS3 users sorta.

Once a PC user buys a PS3, there is a potential that that same guy/gal would buy another PS3 game somewhere down the road... So it's financially good for Sony. So they better help SE financially too.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-02 15:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tyfoon said:
Haseyo said:
Thunderz said:
Haseyo said:
I'm a sucker for new, and I've only been playing for about a year, I don't mind. Played PSU for two years and I dropped that pretty easily. Even if stuff doesn't work out, I've got other stuff.

I'm personally excited to hear more about this.

Well not in real hurry to try something new especially since it seems to be a Ps3 exclusive

give it what 6months to a year b4 it goes multiplatform xD hopefully it has a expansion pack by then!

and I meant the end of FFXI. If SE will keep the servers up for it O.o?

I have a Ps3, not an issue here. :x

a 360 seems less atractive all of a sudden

I'm still not a fan of playstation. Only good games it has is Final Fantasy and the series - the only reason I even have a Ps2. :x

Let's just hope the NPCs in this game are actually useful, and not "Help me find medicine!" *clicks ???* *Lv90 mob appears* *somehow win after months* "Thank you!" *recieved 200gil and a potion.*
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-02 15:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Elvaton said:

I seriously hope this isn't a serious post, lol.
 Asura.Elvaton
Server: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-06-02 15:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Elvaton said:

it didnt say anywhere if it was
 Fairy.Noh
user: niktok
By Fairy.Noh 2009-06-02 15:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Elvaton said:

This just in, FFXIV Online to be the world's first strategy FPS simulator!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-02 15:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I was a little iffy about the announcement details initially, but this doesn't seem so bad the more it sinks in. They did it once with FFXI and hopefully learned from their mistakes, so perhaps a lot of the assumptions about how the game will be treated are just based on past treatment of FFXI. I'm already over FFXI as it is, so swapping over wouldn't be so horrible, but I'm not even sure I'd do another MMO, that's my only misgiving. Then I'd be bummed about missing out on an FF. lol Anyway, in the "wait and see" mode now.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-02 15:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
I was a little iffy about the announcement details initially, but this doesn't seem so bad the more it sinks in. They did it once with FFXI and hopefully learned from their mistakes, so perhaps a lot of the assumptions about how the game will be treated are just based on past treatment of FFXI. I'm already over FFXI as it is, so swapping over wouldn't be so horrible, but I'm not even sure I'd do another MMO, that's my only misgiving. Then I'd be bummed about missing out on an FF. lol Anyway, in the "wait and see" mode now.

Your talking about SE right?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-02 15:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Berserkerjr said:
You're right about that, but it's in Sony's best interest to keep that game exclusive to their console to TRY to convert those PC users into PS3 users sorta.

Once a PC user buys a PS3, there is a potential that that same guy/gal would buy another PS3 game somewhere down the road... So it's financially good for Sony. So they better help SE financially too.

Sony's best interests, of course, but most certainly not in S-E's. This is just my opinion, obviously, but PS3 just doesn't have the games behind it to draw converts. The great games for the most part are cross platform, with a few exceptions (like Little Big Planet, and God of War III)

Bottom line is, Sony dumped a fortune on S-E to get exclusivity right off the bat (or they are contractually obligated from the FFXI days perhaps?), but the period of that exclusivity is gonna be pretty short if S-E has any brains at all.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-02 15:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Noh said:
Haseyo said:
Elvaton said:

Noh... You're silly.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-02 15:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Noh said:
Haseyo said:
Elvaton said:

It'll be nothing but cutscenes, move from one area to the next, cutscene, rinse repeat.

GOGO monthly fee's for a movie!! >.<
 Seraph.Allelujah
user: jfive
By Seraph.Allelujah 2009-06-02 15:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

PS3 lowering price i believe... And I've been hearing talks about a ps3 slim. or something.
 Garuda.Tyfoon
Server: Garuda
user: TYF00N
By Garuda.Tyfoon 2009-06-02 15:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Elvaton said:

you made me giggle...
 Sylph.Lalo
Server: Sylph
user: jdelabra
By Sylph.Lalo 2009-06-02 15:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm totally playing that. Thank goodness i own a ps3
[+]
 Fairy.Berserkerjr
By Fairy.Berserkerjr 2009-06-02 15:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Berserkerjr said:

Sony's best interests, of course, but most certainly not in S-E's. This is just my opinion, obviously, but PS3 just doesn't have the games behind it to draw converts. The great games for the most part are cross platform, with a few exceptions (like Little Big Planet, and God of War III)

Bottom line is, Sony dumped a fortune on S-E to get exclusivity right off the bat (or they are contractually obligated from the FFXI days perhaps?), but the period of that exclusivity is gonna be pretty short if S-E has any brains at all.

Yes Sony prolly dumped a fortune on S-E just like MS x2 that for FF13... I mean that's business so don't cry about it. Just take it like a man.

I'm gonna answer you, eventhough you answered yourself... If it is in Sony's best interest for FF14 to be PS3 exclusive then that means they're gonna have to open their wallet a lil more to SE which then turns into SE best interest as well...
 Fairy.Noh
By Fairy.Noh 2009-06-02 15:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Berserkerjr said:

But this is SE.

Regardless, in countless interviews with the devs of Rapture in the past, they have talked about how they are developing it for the Xbox360, PC and PS3 simultaneously... yada yada.

SE is tight-lipped about everything until it happens. They probably already have everything done for PC and XBox360. Exclusivity is often just a "We got it first" and then 6 months down the line, it's everywhere.
 Fairy.Puttydat
user: Puttydat
By Fairy.Puttydat 2009-06-02 15:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It will be a "timed exclusive" for sure.

I have a PS3, 360 & PC. I can say that this will only hurt them.
Timed exclusives may be okay for normal games. But not an MMO.
People want to feel as if the have equal oppourtunities in an MMO,
to give a certain group of players and "upper hand" by releasing it
to them before others will only hurt them. There are many out there
that are hardcore MMO junkies that would rather be there from the start
or not at all.

Unlees they keep servers seperate for each platform, they are only hurting
themselves doing this.

Regardless, I wont be getting into this new one. I started playing FFXI when
I was 22 and now I am 28. To think of starting a new one to get where I am today,
I'll be 34. Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass. I'd rather continue
with FFXI until I quit or the game closes.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-02 15:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Berserkerjr said:
Yes Sony prolly dumped a fortune on S-E just like MS x2 that for FF13... I mean that's business so don't cry about it. Just take it like a man.

Really, let's not get into the fanboy ***. *** both consoles.

No PC support, though, on an MMO for christ's sake, is totally *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Seraph.Allelujah
user: jfive
By Seraph.Allelujah 2009-06-02 15:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

7 years since FFXI. I'm sure that FF14 will be alot more efficient than 11.

Wonder if they are gonna recycle the same jobs, races, notorious monster, camping blah blah in 14.
 Fairy.Noh
By Fairy.Noh 2009-06-02 15:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Puttydat said:
It will be a "timed exclusive" for sure.

I have a PS3, 360 & PC. I can say that this will only hurt them.
Timed exclusives may be okay for normal games. But not an MMO.
People want to feel as if the have equal oppourtunities in an MMO,
to give a certain group of players and "upper hand" by releasing it
to them before others will only hurt them. There are many out there
that are hardcore MMO junkies that would rather be there from the start
or not at all.

Unlees they keep servers seperate for each platform, they are only hurting
themselves doing this.

Regardless, I wont be getting into this new one. I started playing FFXI when
I was 22 and now I am 28. To think of starting a new one to get where I am today,
I'll be 34. Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass. I'd rather continue
with FFXI until I quit or the game closes.

This. It could all be an elaborate scheme to boost sales of the PS3 and then when it's actually released it will be on all platforms anyways.

And also, we're talking about an MMO to be released some time in 2010. LOL How often does SE actually make deadlines? No to mention change their minds in the course of a year and a half? (since potentially 2010 could mean Xmas 2010)
 Pandemonium.Etolise
Server: Pandemonium
user: Etolise
By Pandemonium.Etolise 2009-06-02 15:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought this might be released later than next year. With FF13 coming out at the same time, I don't know if I want to get into another MMO.. sooooo time consuming.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-02 15:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Puttydat said:
Unless they keep servers seperate for each platform, they are only hurting
themselves doing this.

News of THAT would be awesome. I know FFXI is groundbreaking in that people play and interact cross platform, but like Doggy said earlier, eventually PS3 will be a chugging beast like PS2 is, and people will be screaming about it holding them back just like now.

Keep the ***seperate, so those that can take advantage of the better hardware are able to do so without having an old console around their ankle like a ball and chain.
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-06-02 15:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 Ancient Currency deflation
 Seraph.Majinn
user: Cojak
By Seraph.Majinn 2009-06-02 15:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So about the trailer; was that a new Leviathan design at the scene on the ship(ferry)? The phantoms certainly looked different in comparison to those in FFXI.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-02 15:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So many new posters... Welcome, everyone!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-02 15:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Mogue said:
inb4 Ancient Currency deflation

LOL
First Page 2 3 4 ... 18 19 20