No Last Stand. What Do?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » No last stand. what do?
No last stand. what do?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-09-09 15:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

one of the big drawbacks to RNG DoT was the static delay from the time one shot went off until the next shot could be initiated. This was effectively just over one full second (1.1 secs i recall).

This delay is practically erased now, drastically increasing RNG white damage. How much? unless my math is off, adding haste spell to a melee, say a Ragnarok, decreases the delay close to the same amount

431/60 = 7.18 secs
7.18 * 15% (whm haste, not embrava) = 6.10
7.18-6.10 - 1.08 sec difference

the RNG just has to make use of this and spam shots as fast as possible
By Squabble 2012-09-09 15:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What happened to making that mythic crossbow, Aanalaty!
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-09-09 15:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotsoups said: »
That doesn't mean that RNG's white damage is crap compared to it's weaponskill damage.

But it means their damage is extremely low compared to normal DDs.
 Asura.Hotsoups
Server: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-09-09 15:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
That doesn't mean that RNG's white damage is crap compared to it's weaponskill damage.

I would agree lower than a normal DD who doesn't suck. But not extremely lower. Especially after the adjustment to ranged delay.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-09 15:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Come, Rangers. Join me and my Befouled Blue Wizards on the dark side
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-09-09 15:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so basically you're comparing a 99 anni rng to a shitty DD. Good example. My dnc can destroy shitty DD too. SO can my thf and warrior. Get my point? Compare best to best. Compare a 99 ukon or 99 masa to a 99 anni with capped haste. I bet that the sam and warrior win. I mean rng can compare to an average 90 empy DD, but that's as good as I see it getting for now.
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-09-09 15:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I would agree lower than a normal DD who doesn't suck. But not extremely lower. Especially after the adjustment to ranged delay.
yeah i agree to this, and anyone who thinks different must play with some crap rng. Its already been proven to be a good means of dd, look at the JP on asura who do mul without PD, and are able to clear anywhere from 1 gallu, to 2 waves of them while utilizing rng as a 2nd dd party. its more of going against the norm of PD+embrava zerging things with war/drk. its pretty damn nice to have 3 rng who can constantly pull out 1k+ ws while generating very low emnity.
 Sylph.Mirvana
Server: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-09-09 15:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Mirvana said: »
However, if you NEED a brd/cor in your pt, you're doing it wrong.

What? Ranged attack damage goes up substantially with minuets and chaos roll. Weaponskill damage going from 2k to 5k is not doing it wrong at all.

The emphasis is on the word "NEED" and was applied to all DD jobs. If you HAVE TO HAVE another party member's buffs for you to put out worthwhile numbers, then yes, you're doing it wrong. Doesn't matter if you're RNG DRK WAR SAM etc. Putting out BETTER numbers is not the same as being unable to put out GOOD numbers.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-09-09 15:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
one of the big drawbacks to RNG DoT was the static delay from the time one shot went off until the next shot could be initiated. This was effectively just over one full second (1.1 secs i recall).

This delay is practically erased now, drastically increasing RNG white damage. How much? unless my math is off, adding haste spell to a melee, say a Ragnarok, decreases the delay close to the same amount

431/60 = 7.18 secs
7.18 * 35%(whm haste, and gear)-60%(gear, haste, and last resort)-80% (marches on top of the others = 4.67/2.87/1.44

Now what, 582+240=822? 822/60 is 13.7s. 40% snap shot puts it at 8.22.

Different between 1.44 and 8.22? 6.78 seconds. Yea, this is ignoring rapid shot, which is pretty minor.

So, Ragnarok with capped haste is attacking 5.7 times faster than a ranger? lol.
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2012-09-09 15:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

However, if you NEED a brd/cor in your pt, you're doing it wrong.

What? Ranged attack damage goes up substantially with minuets and chaos roll. Weaponskill damage going from 2k to 5k is not doing it wrong at all.

The emphasis is on the word "NEED" and was applied to all DD jobs. If you HAVE TO HAVE another party member's buffs for you to put out worthwhile numbers, then yes, you're doing it wrong. Doesn't matter if you're RNG DRK WAR SAM etc. Putting out BETTER numbers is not the same as being unable to put out GOOD numbers.
there is so many things wrong with this statement lol. but do go on.
[+]
 Sylph.Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-09-09 15:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Please, explain, I'm more than willing to listen or would you like to continue with non-rebuttal generic statements?
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-09-09 15:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Because this is a game based on math.

If your numbers aren't enough to put out big numbers, you need someone else to buff your numbers.

It doesn't mean you suck, that's how the game works.
 Sylph.Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-09-09 15:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not arguing BRD/CORs aren't helpful or extremely useful, I'm saying if you can't compensate when you get put in a different pt or if you REQUIRE them to simply reach OK to DECENT (read: You + BRD = B- output) you need to improve your own job/gear sets instead of just crying to be in the BRD pt.

I'm not talking about people who go from 2k to 5k WS, I'm talking about people who go from 1500 to 2200
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-09-09 15:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
Because this is a game based on math.

If your numbers aren't enough to put out big numbers, you need someone else to buff your numbers.

It doesn't mean you suck, that's how the game works.

Or to buff a DD who can actually put out more damage.

Rng is basically secluded to areas of the game where you need to be out of range and have low enmity generation. It's mostly always been like that, and it's like that now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-09-09 15:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought Mirvana was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but this, shits reached new heights.
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2012-09-09 15:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
I thought Mirvana was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but this, shits reached new heights.
some people are still living in the VW era
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-09-09 15:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

VW? What's that?
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-09-09 15:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Make an Annihilator, the game is moving out of where RNG has no regards for enmity, so coronach it up. Theres not many times I find myself using Last Stand on current high-end content, and that will more than likely stay the same in future.

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
The only fight we currently use RNG on is Odin2, and having coronach/namas is pretty important for that. Isn't really a reason to be using rng in the first place outside of being an out of range/low enmity DD.

Literally sums up the thread.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-09-09 15:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

yup I'm not really arguing against that, but like Kese said previously, JP are able to clear 95% of Legion:Mul with no PD utilizing RNGs.

Probably not now, but post Embrava/PD nerf, I'd expect to see RNG alot more involved
[+]
 Sylph.Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-09-09 16:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So, saying people who are bad at their job are likely still going to be bad even with a BRD makes me HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE? Well, I'd better go put my pants on my head then.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-09-09 16:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Rng is good, it's just not the best... There. I really would like to see mor situations too where jobs like ranger can be actually utilized and it's not just a zerg fest.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-09-09 17:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

431/60 = 7.18 secs
7.18 * 35%(whm haste, and gear)-60%(gear, haste, and last resort)-80% (marches on top of the others = 4.67/2.87/1.44

Different between 1.44 and 8.22? 6.78 seconds. Yea, this is ignoring rapid shot, which is pretty minor.

So, Ragnarok with capped haste is attacking 5.7 times faster than a ranger? lol.

read into ranged delay. it does not go by the 60 delay = 1 sec, its 110 = 1 sec. also, ranged delay does not factor in ammo delay, only weapon delay. it does however have an extra delay while you "reholster" the gun, oldwiki lists this at ~1.7secs, bgwiki lists it at ~3 secs.

annihilator = 582
582/110 = 5.29 sec from the time you draw until you shoot
-10% for velocity shot
-10% for the Enhances Velocity shot on Af3+2 body
-10% merited snapshot
-8%+ gear snapshot (Af3+2 head, impulse belt, alruna gloves, Wurrukatte boots, Mustela brais) unknown due to no testing done on most of the snapshot gear
===========
38%+ delay reduction minimum

5.29*.62 = 3.28 sec
+~2.5 reholster delay
=5.28 sec between shots.

this is not counting Double Shot (last i saw, was listed at 40% proc rate) and Rapid Shot.

also, prebuffs, 99 Anni+Adaman Bullets has a DPS = 39.59, vs 99 Rags 19.91.

all that being said. I am not saying hard events should be Ranger zergs, or that Ranger is the top DD in the game. But, like any other DD, in the right hands and the right buffs, it is a monster.
[+]
 Siren.Froggis
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2012-09-09 22:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

lets not forget the unknown value of courser's roll aka snapshot roll, which I'd guess an 11 is about 20% reduction maybe 25% with empy +2 feet. That's just a guess, no testing.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-09-09 22:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

431/60 = 7.18 secs

5.29*.62 = 3.28 sec
+~2.5 reholster delay
=5.28 sec between shots.

this is not counting Double Shot (last i saw, was listed at 40% proc rate) and Rapid Shot.

I take out Double/rapid shot, as I'm ignoring all forms of da/ta/qa and the like for DD.

My bad on not knowing ranged delay calculations, but it still goes in my favor sadly.

5.28 delay per shot vs 1.44 is still 3.84 second difference, or ~4x faster. That's 4x the tp gain rate, 4x more ws.

Quote:
also, prebuffs, 99 Anni+Adaman Bullets has a DPS = 39.59, vs 99 Rags 19.91.

Raw weapon dps means absolutely nothing about overall dps. Trying too hard.

Quote:
all that being said. I am not saying hard events should be Ranger zergs, or that Ranger is the top DD in the game. But, like any other DD, in the right hands and the right buffs, it is a monster.

I don't see how this is, when you're gaining tp 4x faster in a fully buffed actual DD, unless you're needed for the utility of lower enmity.

I like how 3 people +'d your post without knowing that 5.28 is drastically slowly than 1.44

Try again.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-09-09 22:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Froggis said: »
lets not forget the unknown value of courser's roll aka snapshot roll, which I'd guess an 11 is about 20% reduction maybe 25% with empy +2 feet. That's just a guess, no testing.

Why the *** would a cor be giving that buff if not in a full rng party? Yes, that might be a party in legion (as was pointed out), but in any real scenario you won't be getting those buffs as it will affect other people in your party.

Try all you want, rng isn't a top tier DD.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-09-09 22:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

real scenario is what exactly?

don't you dare say within voidwatch
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-09-09 22:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

don't you dare say voidwatch

No no, in any real scenario your cor won't be in an all ranger DD party. No real event type thing.
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2012-09-09 23:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

don't you dare say voidwatch

No no, in any real scenario your cor won't be in an all ranger DD party. No real event type thing.
if you are using a rng as a real dd you better bet your sweet *** they are getting cor brd buffs, or something is seriously wrong

swapping cor brd is hard yo.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-09-09 23:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Using a cor to give only 1 person in 1 party a role is a waste of time/effort bro. Rng isn't a top tier DD, they aren't a priority unless they're needed for their utility.

I've yet to see anything saying otherwise.
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2012-09-09 23:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

who said your using 1 ranger?
you need to think outside the box sometime you know, if you dont need a party of summoners, what better to bring than some dd that will have basically emnityless hate, i.e odin 2, mul