[Dev] We Reject Your Ideas and Substitute Our Own
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-04-20 00:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

All jobs have pros and cons CPT Obvious away!

Personally I would of chosen the word adequate not proficient.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-20 00:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU is the epitome of "Hybrid", it can perform nearly all roles decent to good but not the absolute best. It's value is that it brings a plethora of utility to a group. People seriously undervalue the usefulness of SL / Delta Thrust or WoP. Not to mention once per 10m the BLU can do give everyone either an offensive buff (T.Roar) or a defensive buff (Cocoon / Tusk / H.Shell / S.Coat / Utsusemi:WTF). They don't last long yet if timed properly they can greatly assist in a boss battle. It has light and dark based aoe sleeps along with aoe defense down / 18hp/tick poison and various other abilities.

While it's not the absolute best at any particular role, yet it brings so much to the group that it's almost always worth having around.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-20 00:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

22/tic poison, strongest non-helix/kaustra DoT in the game alongside Cold Wave and Gates of Hades, which both share the same DoT formula.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-20 00:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Wouldn't really say that BLU's survivability is very limited compared to RDM's considering changes to game mechanics, new spells, etc.; Sudden Lunge, Delta Thrust, Cocoon, Occultation, Actinic Burst, a potent and MP efficient heal... not very much that RDM gets over us aside from a stronger Phalanx, Stoneskin, and Protect at the cost of not having some of the stronger defensive spells that BLU has at its disposal.

Smaller MP pool, less Refresh, higher cost/lower duration buffs. A lot of that is offset with quicker killspeed, more powerful buffs, workable eva/parry skill, native dual wield, etc. Often, sacrificing offense for defense is counterproductive.

If ultimate survival is the key, I'll still put my money on RDM for the long haul, though the situations where its advantage is relevant are VERY limitted or arbitrary.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-20 00:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll agree to disagree then. BLU is one of the sturdiest jobs in the game, long term or not, and I don't believe that RDM has a major advantage over it in that regard with all factors considered.
By Gimp 2013-04-20 00:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

in rdm's favor you have stronger mp regeneration abilities which ties into more efficient nuking ability than blu

rdm and blus mp pools are nearly identical however jassik
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-20 00:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimp said: »
in rdm's favor you have stronger mp regeneration abilities which ties into more efficient nuking ability than blu rdm and blus mp pools are nearly identical however jassik
I'll agree to disagree then. BLU is one of the sturdiest jobs in the game, long term or not, and I don't believe that RDM has a major advantage over it in that regard with all factors considered.

Odin.Jassik said: »
the situations where its advantage is relevant are VERY limitted or arbitrary.

I believe we're all saying the same thing. ^^

In the entirety of FF, A > B is generally by incredibly small margins.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-20 00:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't really say that BLU's survivability is very limited compared to RDM's considering changes to game mechanics, new spells, etc.; Sudden Lunge, Delta Thrust, Cocoon, Occultation, Actinic Burst, a potent and MP efficient heal... not very much that RDM gets over us aside from a stronger Phalanx, Stoneskin, and Protect at the cost of not having some of the stronger defensive spells that BLU has at its disposal.

Smaller MP pool, less Refresh, higher cost/lower duration buffs. A lot of that is offset with quicker killspeed, more powerful buffs, workable eva/parry skill, native dual wield, etc. Often, sacrificing offense for defense is counterproductive.

If ultimate survival is the key, I'll still put my money on RDM for the long haul, though the situations where its advantage is relevant are VERY limitted or arbitrary.

Define "long term"? If your talking one hour or more long solos, then yeah I'll give it to RDM due to it's MP endurance and ability to be more effective at a distance if recovery is needed.

Just remember those super solo's are what landed RDM in the situation it's in. SE noticed Avesta and the rest, did a O.O?!!! and have since refused to do anything nice for RDM out of fear of it breaking the game. Even if game mechanics have since made that fear completely unfounded.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-20 00:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Define "long term"? If your talking one hour or more long solos, then yeah I'll give it to RDM due to it's MP endurance and ability to be more effective at a distance if recovery is needed. Just remember those super solo's are what landed RDM in the situation it's in. SE noticed Avesta and the rest, did a O.O?!!! and have since refused to do anything nice for RDM out of fear of it breaking the game. Even if game mechanics have since made that fear completely unfounded.

Is there a reason to get on RDM besides those kind of fights?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-20 00:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Define "long term"? If your talking one hour or more long solos, then yeah I'll give it to RDM due to it's MP endurance and ability to be more effective at a distance if recovery is needed. Just remember those super solo's are what landed RDM in the situation it's in. SE noticed Avesta and the rest, did a O.O?!!! and have since refused to do anything nice for RDM out of fear of it breaking the game. Even if game mechanics have since made that fear completely unfounded.

Right now? Not really, unless I'm getting an itch to go kill stuff on my RDM. I probably have one of the best CDC RDM sets you can make along with having a 500 enhancing set since long before SCH became all the rage. Yet I rarely ever find myself in a situation where going BLU wouldn't be a better option.

I mean look at the gear from the update. RDM is on a kinda sh!tty "every mage" set that doesn't off much. BLU is on both that set and the light melee set. That mentality from SE kinda makes RDM horribly redundant in the game (refusing to give it access to better melee gear). Mages are chosen for their specialty and RDM has none.
 Bismarck.Boozerr
Server: Bismarck
user: Boozerr
By Bismarck.Boozerr 2013-04-20 15:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If you enjoy camping buy a tent and go in the woods.

I own a tent... and that is probably why your a lot further in the game then I am.

lol @ your attempt to be insulting.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-20 15:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol @ you thinking I was insulting.
 Bismarck.Boozerr
Server: Bismarck
user: Boozerr
By Bismarck.Boozerr 2013-04-20 15:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol...

what's the difference? Camping NM's or camping Forums?
 Cerberus.Auspice
Server: Cerberus
user: Auspice
By Cerberus.Auspice 2013-04-20 15:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now? Not really, unless I'm getting an itch to go kill stuff on my RDM. I probably have one of the best CDC RDM sets you can make along with having a 500 enhancing set since long before SCH became all the rage. Yet I rarely ever find myself in a situation where going BLU wouldn't be a better option.

I mean look at the gear from the update. RDM is on a kinda sh!tty "every mage" set that doesn't off much. BLU is on both that set and the light melee set. That mentality from SE kinda makes RDM horribly redundant in the game (refusing to give it access to better melee gear). Mages are chosen for their specialty and RDM has none.

I second this; leveling BLU was the final nail in the coffin for my RDM. I haven't been on my RDM in probably a year and a half. :/

I have no idea on what would "fix" RDM and with plenty of other job choices these days, I'm plenty happy remembering the days of having the best +MND enfeebling build possible.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-20 15:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate people that pick fights for no reason. And the analogy is stupid.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [87 days between previous and next post]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-07-16 16:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

07-05-2013 03:07 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

We currently do not have plans to increase the effect or reduce the cost of Scroll of Instant Protect. As this scroll provides Protect regardless of what main job/support job you are, the development team feels the benefit provided is just right.
Subscribe

Other Topics:
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7