A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 99 100 101
 Phoenix.Lujei
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Lujei
By Phoenix.Lujei 2015-04-10 10:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Purely out of curiosity in case I've missed something, looking at the Cure sets on the front page, which seem to have been updated recently since at least one has Telchine in it, is there any real benefit to using Reveal. Mitts +1 over a max aug'd Telchine gloves for a weather max cure set?

I'm seeing the comparison of 39 MND and 14 Cure Pot over Telchine at 10+8 Cure Potency, plus 33+10 MND. You don't even need the best augments to beat them out, really.

The extra 4% will put you at 46% Cure Potency (10 Staff +10 cap +8 body +18 hands) over 42%. Plus the extra MND.
By Chimerawizard 2015-04-10 12:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oops, I started adjusting the cure sets then I just stopped and forgot to go back to it. Telchine gloves should be BiS with a cure potency augment.

Edit: I'm not sure how I should focus the sets with the changes to enmity anymore.
1. assume the tank can keep hate.
2. prioritize enmity > healing magic skill to try and not pull hate.

For example, with Animus Minuo up. The following set would have cap enmity down.
ItemSet 325785
 Phoenix.Lujei
Server: Phoenix
user: Lujei
By Phoenix.Lujei 2015-04-13 11:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't done the math, but for the Enmity-based set wouldn't it be beneficial to replace Haoma's Ring with a Lebeche ring, capping Cure Potency and Enmity in the same slot? You'd stick a Beatific in the slot with the Domesticator's instead so you'd be losing 4 Healing Magic to cap your Cure Potency.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-14 01:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody mathed out reforged AF3 119 Head and Feet?
My non-mathy and biased opinions:

HEAD:
Unsure if worth in macc builds, but at least for nukes 119 option should be better than other options. Maybe not Helios, but I don't have Helios either way so, yeah.
For Rapture it's worth if you don't need head slot to cap CPotency, but do people really use Rapture in real content? I mean, if I find I need a really big cure, it means I need it FAST and don't really have the time to waste precious seconds in putting a stratagem up and then casting the spell.

FEET:
Again not sure how it fares against perfect augment Helios, but for noobs who still nuke in stuff like Umbani I think 119 Feet should be totally better with Klimaform and correct weather up.
Gonna be annoying to add such a rule in my GS tho =/
By Chimerawizard 2015-04-14 13:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lujei said: »
I haven't done the math, but for the Enmity-based set wouldn't it be beneficial to replace Haoma's Ring with a Lebeche ring, capping Cure Potency and Enmity in the same slot? You'd stick a Beatific in the slot with the Domesticator's instead so you'd be losing 4 Healing Magic to cap your Cure Potency.
With the weather set I mentioned, there is 38% cure potency before augments, and 3 pieces to augment with it. An average 4 cure potency shouldn't cost too much. Then it's Lebeche with ... enmity -5 instead of healing skill +8, and beatific with healing skill +4 instead of enmity -5.

Your changes would lower the average augment to only 3 per piece though, which would make the augments even easier to deal with and an inconsequential loss in the base cure.

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody mathed out reforged AF3 119 Head and Feet?
My non-mathy and biased opinions:

HEAD:
Unsure if worth in macc builds, but at least for nukes 119 option should be better than other options. Maybe not Helios, but I don't have Helios either way so, yeah.
For Rapture it's worth if you don't need head slot to cap CPotency, but do people really use Rapture in real content? I mean, if I find I need a really big cure, it means I need it FAST and don't really have the time to waste precious seconds in putting a stratagem up and then casting the spell.

FEET:
Again not sure how it fares against perfect augment Helios, but for noobs who still nuke in stuff like Umbani I think 119 Feet should be totally better with Klimaform and correct weather up.
Gonna be annoying to add such a rule in my GS tho =/
I haven't found myself in that situation either where I actually had enough time to rapture someone when I needed that big rapture cure. I usually only ever used rapture when I was /rdm and wanted the single cure to cap me out after convert.

nuking:
I think it may depend on if magic bursting with MB+ augments on helios which wins out. If magic accuracy becomes the issue though, helios for sure. (I haven't mathed for magic bursts yet)

If the conditions for head and/or feet are met, the empy 119 head and feet should win over anything so long as it isn't a magic burst, and doesn't resist.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-15 05:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No Josiahfk I'm in a different situation and frankly I'm afraid I don't have a reasonable excuse for that.
I'm just a lazy bum who hates random stuffs and can't be arsed to go all over random augmentations again after all the time and gil spent with Hagondes and other sets.

I did augment a few helios for SMN and wasted over 25 mils gil trying to augment Keraunos and Macbain. (with decent results on Kera, ugly on Macbain)
Plus all the gil I wasted on Telchine to get the augments I wanted, most of which I still don't have.

So tl;dr I'm *** fed up with random sh*t, I'm just going to lie to myself and pretend Yorcia doesn't exist <3

I wouldn't be able to do that if I were a particularly dedicated SCH of course, but given how it's a secondary job which I rarely get a chance to use, I'm kinda looking for non-random alternatives :D
I'm gonna get AF anyway because I'm OCD for Job Specific Sets, so might as well use them if they're good instead of keeping them just for /lockstyle, no?

I understand what I just wrote sounds like blasphemic heresy for serious, dedicated players, but please try to emphatize with me xD
[+]
By Kooljack 2015-04-25 00:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

any chance a sch could tank perfidian/plouton in some fashionable/reliable way?
By Chimerawizard 2015-04-25 01:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you want to tank those on scholar?
By Kooljack 2015-04-25 04:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious if the melee job could be taken out of the equation on vagary if possible even if a little weird/quirky. can't not all weaponskill parts be completed with two scholars? I know im rambling off topic but if someone could also answer me in addition to this inquiry is with the enmity changes, what is causing a pld to hold absolute hate. enmity gear and flash good enough to hold or is there something special going on in addition
By Chimerawizard 2015-04-25 04:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried doing the 6 part skillchain on scholar using immanence.
stone > aero > stone > aero > stone > aero.
the one with KI didn't get any message sadly.

I don't remember if that run we did both perfidian and plouton or if it was just plouton.
After they indulged me, because that would have made popping them much easier, we had the pld put on his k.club and make a 6part with bard and geo buffs.

I don't know how to answer the other questions, never played a tank job and I don't know how much dmg a pld vs sch takes for damage against those NMs.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-25 05:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
I tried doing the 6 part skillchain on scholar using immanence.
stone > aero > stone > aero > stone > aero.
the one with KI didn't get any message sadly.

I don't remember if that run we did both perfidian and plouton or if it was just plouton.
After they indulged me, because that would have made popping them much easier, we had the pld put on his k.club and make a 6part with bard and geo buffs.

I don't know how to answer the other questions, never played a tank job and I don't know how much dmg a pld vs sch takes for damage against those NMs.

SCH can't Immanence SC the 4-step either. My LS let me try several times, with different levels of SC and never got an upgrade.

I would assume in general PLD midigates a lot more damage than a SCH. From PDT/DT/MDT sets, to Shields/Shield Blocks, and just plain DEF on gear and job traits. While a SCH could possibly generate the same/more hate from Cure 4 spams for 1k+, they would be losing it just as fast from taking damage.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-04-25 16:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

How much Instant Cast can SCH fit in their precast set while capping FC w/o using the ToM staves?
 Odin.Taberif
Server: Odin
user: Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2015-05-03 02:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

why does idle-high in OP have loq. earring over something like dawn earring? also dring and umbra cape over regen pieces.

if you're too slow to swap in defensive(pdt/mdt)sets then you shouldnt be suggesting anything besides defensive sets as an idle.
By Chimerawizard 2015-05-03 13:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 325775
better?
I honestly don't swap out of defensive myself execpt to cast. I generally cast, wait for target to start an attack animation, next cast.
If I'm not within attack range of the target, generally not enough time passes between casts to get the tick.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-04 09:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For Helios, what is the best set of augments to go for? One one set, I currently have MAB/MAcc +15~18, Magic Crit Damage +7~10, and random third augment. What should I shoot for in the third slot, and should I change the M.Crit Damage to straight INT+?

I'm making a second set soon with MAB/MAcc+, Magic Burst Bonus, and a third augment as well. Any suggestions?
By geigei 2015-05-04 11:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I went macc/mab - burst - occult
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-05-04 12:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Mcrit is a pretty horrible stat. Even if you went overboard and stacked max mcrit dmg(+30) and like 50% mcrit chance you'd still only come out at +20MAB average. This is in no way competetive compared to melee crit mechanics.

Solo play you mostly want INT + Occult to keep the MP cycle going and help the resists.

For coordinated PT play Magic Burst damage is a great option. Magic Burst damage caps normally at +40%. Mujin band has strange mechanics and somehow goes over the cap and you are able to reach +45% with it.

So one setup could be:

- Mizu-kubikazari +10%
- 3x Helios with +10%
- Mujin Band +5%

Understandingly however many people would rather not ride the augment train for a little loss in efficiency.

Alternatives:

Seshaw Cape(+1): 5%/6%
Locus Ring: 5%
Wretched Coat(+1): 5%/6%
Static Earring: 5%

If you use them all you need only 1 piece of Helios to cap or get close.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-04 14:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok. Thanks for the input. Back the the Yorcia grind.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-05-09 13:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if bug or not, but found this to be neato.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-05-13 00:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Immanence spells will still produce a Skillchain, even if a Shadow absorbed them.
[+]
By Nocki 2015-05-20 21:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This might sound like a silly question, but now that mythics are significantly easier to make I'm heavily considering SCH mythic. Why is it worth making? Would a perfectly augmented Keraunos outdamage it excluding aftermath?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-21 00:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocki said: »
This might sound like a silly question, but now that mythics are significantly easier to make I'm heavily considering SCH mythic. Why is it worth making? Would a perfectly augmented Keraunos outdamage it excluding aftermath?

Yes, a decently augmented, not even perfectly augmented, will beat a 119 Tupsimati in raw damage on all spells above tier 2, with no aftermath up. With AM2 up, Tupsimati pulls ahead on all spell.

One other thing though, Tupsimati has a lot more M.Acc/M.Acc Skill
Tups = Skill +255 / M.Acc + 30
vs
Perfect Keraunos = Skill +228 . M.Acc +20

on newer content, this will lead to less resist, so more damage overall
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-05-21 14:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know how to adjust Strategem recast timers in GS for SCH's new 550 JP Gift?
By Nocki 2015-05-22 10:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Yes, a decently augmented, not even perfectly augmented, will beat a 119 Tupsimati in raw damage on all spells above tier 2, with no aftermath up. With AM2 up, Tupsimati pulls ahead on all spell.

vs

I was thinking purely on damage in a situation where there would be at least 1 GEO to help account for the macc difference. Also, Keraunos has INT and Tupsi doesn't. On the same token, the new staff from Escha Zi'Tah has 63 MAB total and 19 INT. (Might beat BLM mythic now too lol)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-22 19:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

vs

I was thinking purely on damage in a situation where there would be at least 1 GEO to help account for the macc difference. Also, Keraunos has INT and Tupsi doesn't. On the same token, the new staff from Escha Zi'Tah has 63 MAB total and 19 INT. (Might beat BLM mythic now too lol)

I factored the INT into the spreadsheet to estimate the damage, and Tups won on all Tier 1, and Ker won on T2+ with no AM2 up. Once AM2 was applied, Tups won on all spells, vs Perfectly augmented Kernaus.

I haven't looked at the new staff yet.
By Chimerawizard 2015-05-23 02:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The new staff from Escha Zi'Tah has 63 MAB total and 19 INT. (Might beat BLM mythic now too lol)
Where did you get that info? I assume you must mean an R15 Nibiru Staff, but I didn't find any posts with info about the augments when I was searching the forums on BG.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Kooljack 2015-05-24 14:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

does ebullience equipment need to be equipped when the spell fires off or just activation of JA ?
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 99 100 101