A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 99 100 101
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-10 10:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Cerberus.Flaminglegion said: »

Myrkr
Odin.Llewelyn said: »

Take a look at Weatherspoon +1 gear if you really wanna go for perfect Myrkr. The body can be augmented by +120 MP alone. Pants go with +60 which might possibly beat out Nares.
Thanks for the heads up on that. Was 4 Mender's Logs away from +1'ing my Rosette Jaseran!
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-02-10 16:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually Cotehardie shouldn't beat Vanir in any way whatsover. Even if uncapped haste. Which is why I probly used it over Vanir. Haste+5% < Haste+3%/FC+5% regardless for recast.
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-09 07:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I just dropped over 60 refractive crystals and did not see Regen Potency once. Out of 60 crystals, I got Helix 19-20, 31 times, and 19 more times had Helix 11-17. The remainder were just int/mnd. Seriously, is regen potency mega rare? Are there "rare" augs for each cape? I had this trouble with enhancing duration on ghostfyre too.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-03-09 08:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
I just dropped over 60 refractive crystals and did not see Regen Potency once. Out of 60 crystals, I got Helix 19-20, 31 times, and 19 more times had Helix 11-17. The remainder were just int/mnd. Seriously, is regen potency mega rare? Are there "rare" augs for each cape? I had this trouble with enhancing duration on ghostfyre too.

I'm getting that feeling as well... About 100 crystals into war mantle and I've only seen a max of crit Dmg +2.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-09 08:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvm just found out the 4th aug from every cape is the rarest because it requires the previous 3 augs to be rolled first. So to get a crit dmg Mauler, you'd need to get a cape that successfully rolls the other 3 augs first, then pass the roll for the 4th aug slot. Frustrating...
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-09 08:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Nvm just found out the 4th aug from every cape is the rarest because it requires the previous 3 augs to be rolled first. So to get a crit dmg Mauler, you'd need to get a cape that successfully rolls the other 3 augs first, then pass the roll for the 4th aug slot. Frustrating...

As I was saying. Nope
Martel said:
Considering I've seen capes with nothing but phalanx+, or breath+ on them, and those are both the 4th aug, that cannot be the case.

EDIT: This is nice and specifically targeted at the issue at hand.

Only 3 augs total. previous 3 augs Not required to get Regen+.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-09 09:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn my luck then.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-03-09 09:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Took me 20 tries to get Int+2, Helix Duration+15, Regen Potency+8. I'm happy for now.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-03-16 07:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding my own example of 4th augment to this. Came from Gramk and I can confirm that the RegenPotency is definitely the rarest Augment when spamming Crystals:

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Thanks for the heads up on that. Was 4 Mender's Logs away from +1'ing my Rosette Jaseran!

Also got the idea today to put my Myrkr set sans legs into my Tabula Rasa precast to make more use of the few JobPoints I put there. Pretty logical but never really occured to me.

Using 3x +10 Occult Acumen augmented Helios pieces for nuking nowadays closes the MP circle pretty well with the help of some Sublimation. Haven't equipped my Seidr this update yet.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-16 08:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I have thrown about 114 stones and only a +6 cape. Definitely super rare. I've augmented about 6 other job capes and usually got the bonus i wanted in about 20-30 i.e. Phalanx+4/enmity+6, enhancing+8/duration+19, dex+4/agi+4/dw+4/crit+3, str+4/wsd+4/brth+9. But bookworm's cape? I cant get higher than regen+6 and it's killing me :/

MP gear in Tabula is a good idea. I can
5 wait for savant loafers+2 to make a comeback. If it gets some int the 10% may pull ahead. Also i look forward to ebulliencing with the bonnet again.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-03-17 11:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Have INT+2 MND+3 Helix eff. dur. +16 "Regen" potency +10 but what is max Helix +18?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-03-17 11:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Max Stats are 5INT 5MND 20Helix 10Regen.

Browse Jobcapes max Augs here for your viewing pleasure:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php/JSE_Capes
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-03-17 12:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Also got the idea today to put my Myrkr set sans legs into my Tabula Rasa precast to make more use of the few JobPoints I put there. Pretty logical but never really occured to me.

Using 3x +10 Occult Acumen augmented Helios pieces for nuking nowadays closes the MP circle pretty well with the help of some Sublimation. Haven't equipped my Seidr this update yet.

Thats a great idea, make more use of all this mp gear i carry around just for myrkr.

Also, have you added your impact occult/stp set to kaustra? I did recently and its pretty effective for very quick 2900+ AM2. Its like 500~ tp per cast with really low recast.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-03-17 15:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh nice idea, too ! Will create an additional set for it. For Impact I have occult/stp, macc and mab sets for example.

After I was done with nuke, melee and enhancing augments I put together this set because I was curious how effective such a thing would be. Mage gear already has high base Meva anyway. Added more things like Sanare and the Sparks Earring with 2MND 8Meva and a bunch of stuff for base stats for MND and INT.

Doing some small testing on Yorcia T5 showed me resisting about 75% of it's charms and usually all but 1 status alignment from its other moves. I also got the long 30 second DOOM timer from the Alluvion Rala/Cirdas boss, which might prove useful in the upcoming content.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-03-17 15:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The magic Eva is the snow stone? I'd like to find something to go along with my Cure Potency augs that won't just be a waste. Thinking meva and regen potency.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-03-17 17:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah snowdims only give MAB, MAB/MAB, MACC and MEVA. Got all mine with around 5 stacks of +1s.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Alluvion_Skirmish_Armor

Has more stuff if you are looking for uncommon augments.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-17 18:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

God who has room for that :/

Also which is better regen potency or enhancing duration. Both is hard because inventory. Leaning on duration on 5/5(head body and legs are useful for rdm too on self buffs)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-03-17 19:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My personal choice was Enhancing Magic duration, it makes things very comfortable and you have more strategems for fun stuff and nuking. I do however have the snazzy max Regen Augment on the cape.

Just did Yorcia Delve for example and only had to apply Regen/Phalanx 3 times for the full clear.

1x at start for T1-3
1x for T4 & 5
1x for Boss

The duration is also nice to toss NON-Perpetuance buffs around and not have to worry about them for a while like Aurorastorm II for your WHM.
By Chimerawizard 2015-03-17 19:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you lose some potency on phalanx for duration or only swap 1~2 pieces for Telchine?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-03-17 20:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, I am using Telchine Body (+9 Aug for me) for Enhancing Magic anyway. Rest is reserved for Enhancing skill for now.
By Chimerawizard 2015-03-26 05:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

data from Julian's datamine on the BG forums:

119 head:
DEF:93 HP+31 MP+56 STR+14 DEX+14
VIT+14 AGI+3 INT+28 MND+24 CHR+19
Evasion+33 Magic Evasion+86
"Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Haste+6%
Enhancing magic skill +14 "Rapture"+15
"Ebullience"+15 "Regen" potency +15
Set: Augments grimoire"

119 Body:
DEF:122 HP+50 MP+67 STR+19 DEX+19
VIT+19 AGI+19 INT+39 MND+32 CHR+28
Evasion+38 Magic Evasion+91 Magic Accuracy+25
"Magic Atk. Bonus"+25 "Magic Def. Bonus"+7
Haste+3% "Refresh"+2 "Addendum: White"
Enmity -22 "Addendum: Black" Enmity -22
Set: Augments grim"

119 hands:
DEF:82 HP+18 MP+40 STR+6 DEX+25
VIT+23 AGI+5 INT+25 MND+36 CHR+17
Evasion+19 Magic Evasion+48 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3
Haste+3% Enmity-8 "Perpetuance"+55% "Immanence"+11%

119 Pants:
DEF:104 HP+38 MP+44 STR+21
VIT+8 AGI+16 INT+38 MND+27 CHR+17
Evasion+24 Magic Evasion+118 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6
Enfeebling magic skill +18 Haste+5%
Grimoire: Magic Accuracy+26 "Penury" and "Parsimony"+4

119 feet:
DEF:65 HP+9 MP+70 STR+8 DEX+8
VIT+8 AGI+29 INT+24 MND+17 CHR+32
Evasion+60 Magic Evasion+118 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6
Elemental magic skill +23 Haste+3%
"Klimaform"+15 Set: Augments grimoire"

increase to regen5 and tiny enhancing skill buff, hands duration bonus, feet has a 15% klimaform. about time to grab a calculator.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-26 05:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

5% more on Perpetuance on Hands, wasn't counting on that.
Also additional Regen and Ebullience/Rapture mods, and highest enha skill piece (1+ over Umuthi).
Hot!

Body looks like a nice nuking body. Not as good as a perfect augment Helios or Hagondes+1, but it's still a good item that doesn't force you to rely on luck with augments, and it's still a good inventory saver.
Pretty good for people who aren't particularly dedicated to the job, to say the least.

Think we can say the same for Feet, at least with Klimaform and right element up they should beat other options.
With Klima down (or different element) they should still be a decent alternative to Helios/Hagondes for macc sets. Not as good maybe, but still decent and potentially inventory saver.

Lets are best macc piece for the slot? Surprised to see a higher INT value than MND one. The original piece had +MND but no INT so I was expecting higher MND than INT on these...
By Chimerawizard 2015-03-26 06:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My sets are old, I didn't feel like adding all the new items on the calculator. Let me know if there is a good chance my set is insufficient for mathing.
Serac Rabbit: INT=215 (highest INT target on that list)
Tupsimati(119), Elder's Grip+1, Ombre+1,
Hagondes+1(max), Saevus+1, Crematio, Friomisi,
Hagondes+1(max), Hagondes+1(max), Shiva +1, Shiva +1,
Bookworm's, Ele.Obi, Hagondes+1(max), Arbatel+1
Vs.
same but helios feet with INT&MND+7 and m.acc&MAB+20. (what I would personally use for max, because mythic ws is MND and m.acc for higher Lv. targets)

Arbatel+1 feet won on all nukes.

Next: arbatel+1 head with ebullience
I compared the head while equipping the arbatel+1 feet in both since that would allow the head to have the biggest % loss of MAB.
Compared both the helios and hagondes+1 heads ... arabatel +1 head won on all nukes with the above mentioned comparisons.

EDIT: just found out about Befouled Crown. Ref AF3+1 already outclassed for enhancing magic. stat puke, Enhancing magic skill +16, Refresh +1, other stuff.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2015-03-29 18:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all!

Looking for people interested in taking over maintaining the scholar guide!

PM,and I'll aim to get back to you soon.
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2015-04-03 07:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I just picked my SCH back up after having it retired for a little bit and just wanted to see if the overall idea on Group 2 merits is still Enlightenment and Stormsurge 5/5?
By Chimerawizard 2015-04-04 00:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie said: »
I just picked my SCH back up after having it retired for a little bit and just wanted to see if the overall idea on Group 2 merits is still Enlightenment and Stormsurge 5/5?
no change, they are still good.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-06 00:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Where does the Helios and Telchine gear fit in with SCH now. I see Regen Potency and Enhancing magic duration for Telchine, but any others? And does MAB or MAB/MAcc combo on Helios beat Hagondes/+1 gear with max MAB augments?
By Mookies 2015-04-06 00:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I rarely ever see SCH used for anything other than stun ***. Wish that wasn't the case. If you have a LS that will take your sch to events as something other than stun ***, then you'll probably know what roles you need to gear for.
 Ragnarok.Bepe
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2015-04-06 01:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH has a really nice place in setting up magic bursts from range with immanence and still being able to magic burst of them with a ebuliience nuke. not to mention giving storm IIs to the entire blm pt to boost that damage. The perfect blm pt would probably now consist of blm blm geo geo sch cor (or sch), the geos use focus + magic attack indi's, and malaise + languor luopans, the schs keep storm II and maybe klimaform(probably not needed) on everyone and the cor uses magci attack bonus roll obviously. Then the sch just uses immanence skillchains, can pop tabula rasa and do endless skillchain chains with magic bursts for 3 mins. Great for killing any boss. Theres not much alliance content that can utilize such a setup but i've seen it work great in vagary. So to answer your question, perhaps magic attack/magic acc/magic burst bonus helios?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 99 100 101