A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 99 100 101
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-05-24 14:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

During the fire off.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-05-26 05:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a little different Cure Set for my own needs which has the specific purpose of maxing cures for myself when I solo:

- Cure myself for a lot
- No TP loss from weapon change
- Not rely on Aurorastorm
- Work in DarkArts because that is where I will spend most of my time
- Keep recast contained to 5 seconds with Haste I and DarkArts while also allowing for a 3 second recast in LightArts.

To achieve this I work with Cure Potency recieved to go beyond the 50% potency cap:

ItemSet 335550

Augments:
Head: Cure Potency +6%
Body: Cure Potency +6%
Hands: Cure Potency Recieved +7%
Legs: Cure Potency Recieved +7%
Feet: Cure Potency Recieved +4%

This all results in curing myself for this amount in DarkArts:

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-26 05:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
During the fire off.
Speaking of which, anybody calculated a threshold for when it's good to equip Arbatel Head +1 instead of normal equip?

I don't have augmented Helios yet, atm I nuke in Hagondes +1 (+18 mab or something) and I swap to something else in my macc set.
Think I Helix/Lowtier with Buremte Hat instead (INT+8 augment).

Given this, should I create a rule to override my current head equipment and use Arbatel when Ebullience is up?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-05-26 06:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
During the fire off.
Speaking of which, anybody calculated a threshold for when it's good to equip Arbatel Head +1 instead of normal equip?

I haven't mathed it out but can give you a datapoint: With my Ebullience JobPoints and 119 Empy head my Ebullience does around 600 more damage on Thunder V compared to a +10INT +25MAB Helios head.

I would asume it's save to use 119 Empy head for Ebullience compared to a +18 MAB Hagondes.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-26 06:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's that much better than your Helios then absolutely yes.
Guess I will have to make a rule then ;) Thanks!

Don't think I'll bother with Rapture though, since atm I use the head slot (~15% CP) to cap Potency.
I could totally cap Potency using other slots of course but I'm lazy and don't want any more inventory+1.

And honestly, call me dumb/slow, but I hardly ever get a chance to use Rapture on SCH. If I need a cure that big it means I need it fast, and I can't afford to waste time to use a JA (stratagem)
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-05-29 09:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

After getting Onca Suit last night solod Pupepts in Peril on (N) for fun - only melee and WS allowed, no nuking !

YouTube Video Placeholder

Melee Set:
ItemSet 335594
Augment on head: Haste+3% ACC+20

Omniscience:
ItemSet 335595
[+]
 Bismarck.Lizk
Server: Bismarck
user: alucar
By Bismarck.Lizk 2015-05-29 09:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

solod

I donĀ“t see any solo stuff there
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-30 02:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Any way somebody far more knowledgeable than me could get some updated sets for SCH going? The OP is quite outdated and I want to get into the job for Escha/Vagary shenanigans. However, I have no clue where to start and what gear to focus on. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
By Chimerawizard 2015-05-30 15:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Any way somebody far more knowledgeable than me could get some updated sets for SCH going? The OP is quite outdated and I want to get into the job for Escha/Vagary shenanigans. However, I have no clue where to start and what gear to focus on. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

What sets are you looking for?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-17 08:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have the latest Weather set(s)? I'm not sure I noticed it in the guide except for curing.

To clarify, I'm looking at what you would use when casting Weather II spells, not when using them in conjunction with another spell.

I got this last night but I want to make sure I'm also using everything else possible to boost the effects.

Thanks.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2015-06-17 09:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you trying to enhance? how thundery it is around you? You can obviously enhance the duration with perp and emp hands but it's not an adjustable potency outside of the stormsurge merit if you bother with that, in which case relic feet gives a few more stat+
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-17 10:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Flaminglegion said: »
What are you trying to enhance? how thundery it is around you? You can obviously enhance the duration with perp and emp hands but it's not an adjustable potency outside of the stormsurge merit if you bother with that, in which case relic feet gives a few more stat+

Yeah, I was looking to try and boost the effect of weather spells outside what you mentioned, but it seems I already have everything.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-07-07 06:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So which pieces of empyrean armour are worth upgrading?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-07 07:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
So which pieces of empyrean armour are worth upgrading?
The correct answer is there is no right answer!!1!one!11!
Aside from extreme relativizations, I think it depends on how much gil you have and how better options you have or plan to get.
Some SCH Empy are really nice temporary placeholders.

My personal opinion on SCH Empy armour, other more competent SCH will correct me where I'm wrong, I hope:

Head - There are better options for enhaskill, but this is still the third (?) best enha skill in game. For someone it could be a nice inventory-saving compromise. The +rapture thing is cool but personally I feel it's not very practical to spend stratagems on Rapture. For nuking it's the best-in-slot option when Ebullience is up. Afaik even better than perfect augment Helios. It's also the best option for Regen of course, granted that the bonus it gives is very small.

Body - An interesting all around piece. Pure damage wise I think there are better options (Count's Garb? Perfect aug Helios?), acc-wise too there might be better combinations, but this body is a safe bet that you can get fast and doesn't rely on luck (and gil!) from augments. The -enmity, while not necessary, is a cool and often underestimated perk. I see a lot of people using this in their macc sets. Of course when you're magic bursting you'd probably want a body with MBurst augments... I think Wretched Coat made this body option much less interesting, but it's still a nice piece to have if only to buy time as you aim for better options.

Hands - Perpetuance bonus, period. Just that, but I think you'll pretty much want this piece to augment your Perpetuance.

Legs - Used to be possibly the best macc option for both white and black debuffs? The new rank 15 augmented Pyscloth is better, but Arbatel+1 should still be the second best choice in game.

Feet - When you're nuking with Klimaform up and relative weather, they are the best damage option. Outside of that they're a decent macc option but there are better ones of course (hi there aug Helios)
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-07-07 08:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

How much of a bonus does empy head give to beat a perfect helios with Ebullience?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-07-07 08:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
My personal opinion on SCH Empy armour, other more competent SCH will correct me where I'm wrong, I hope:

You did pretty well young Sechs !

Hands: Must have for Perpetuance
Head & Feet: Macro pieces for when Ebul and Klima are up
Body: Cheap and easy to get Nuke piece
Legs: Vidala awaits

Body - For pure damage a 24+MAB Hagondes Body still does the best. Count's Garb however does very well without having to rely on the worst Augment System of Adoulin. Also to note that Count's has a whole lot of 7% Haste helping with recasts.

Arbatel Gown +1 does better than NQ Wretched Coat for damage and Macc due to it's high INT - unless you are landing a MagicBurst of course. Additionally Empy body materials are very cheap due to people longing for Tartarus body.

A Helios body with great Augments is only interesting for extreme MACC purposes. In those situations there should be a GEO around anyway.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-07 09:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
How much of a bonus does empy head give to beat a perfect helios with Ebullience?

Ebullience gives 20% bonus.
Savant Bonnet +2 increases that to +30%
Arbatel Bonnet +1 increases it to +35%

5% increase doesn't sound like a lot, but it does end up winning over a perfect Helios and Hagondes +1
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-07-13 07:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an updated Shattersoul set?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-07-13 09:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Anyone have an updated Shattersoul set?

Personally I just run max Accuracy for it to be able to land it on 125+ content.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-13 09:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm finishing my Tupsimati this week, just need 3k Alex and 20 assaults (yes, I'm holding onto 27k Alex on me and a mule). Basically just waiting on the bonanza to be announced, in case I get a tier 1 or 2.

Anyone have a recommendation for where to grind through my WS kills?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-13 10:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I would imagine Regain Atmas in Abyssea is always a solid way of doing it, first trial will be easy that way, afterwards it depends on the strength of the WS, I know atonement kills pissed me off.

Just get a feel for how much damage your WS will roughly do and just nuke mobs down until they're low enough to WS kill.
By Chimerawizard 2015-07-15 00:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I'm finishing my Tupsimati this week, just need 3k Alex and 20 assaults (yes, I'm holding onto 27k Alex on me and a mule). Basically just waiting on the bonanza to be announced, in case I get a tier 1 or 2.

I suggest /sam & liberal use of embrava to improve kill speed. Best done during the abyssea campaigns where 100 pearl & azure are given on entry to abyssea. build TP while bringing the target low enough to kill. usually should happen by the time you even can ws.
atmas:
multi attack, darkness(mab) & 3rd varies on trial (except undead. MAB all the way on that one) either MAB or some store TP or more multi attack depending on how much health is taken off on each WS. for me it usually varied between 80~90%. undead w/o brew was <50%.

Lizards: I think I did bugards in a-konshtat. There is probably a better camp than that.
Vermin: a-vunk @spider+ladybug camp.
Undead: a-attohwa @skeleton+dog camp. [Big pull > brew > kill spam. consider changing sub to /rdm or /geo, rdm if ws kills the opponent, geo if you need a cataclysm once before spamming kills]
Birds: a-misareau collibri camp & the normal birds at the bottom of the hill.
Aquans: a-misareau again. crabs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-16 19:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »

I suggest /sam & liberal use of embrava to improve kill speed. Best done during the abyssea campaigns where 100 pearl & azure are given on entry to abyssea. build TP while bringing the target low enough to kill. usually should happen by the time you even can ws.
atmas:
multi attack, darkness(mab) & 3rd varies on trial (except undead. MAB all the way on that one) either MAB or some store TP or more multi attack depending on how much health is taken off on each WS. for me it usually varied between 80~90%. undead w/o brew was <50%.

Lizards: I think I did bugards in a-konshtat. There is probably a better camp than that.
Vermin: a-vunk @spider+ladybug camp.
Undead: a-attohwa @skeleton+dog camp. [Big pull > brew > kill spam. consider changing sub to /rdm or /geo, rdm if ws kills the opponent, geo if you need a cataclysm once before spamming kills]
Birds: a-misareau collibri camp & the normal birds at the bottom of the hill.
Aquans: a-misareau again. crabs.

Thanks for the advice. I completed the weapon late last night and started the trials this afternoon. I'll update this post as i complete them. So far, I'm doing:

Lizard 200 WS used: Shadow Lizards in Abyssea-Konstat. Before leveling them up, a single WS will kill them, using Cosmos, Sundering Slash, and Sea Daughter (for the Dark Potency + 70tp regain. I'm getting about 2 WS per minute. after 2-3 cycles of the camp, they leveled up and the WS was doing about 85% damage. I was able to then TP and Let the regain get me to 1000+ before the mob died, to get off a second WS per mob.
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-07-16 20:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The floating skull things in tahrongi were really quick for undead trial, the die very easily. Iirc they don't even resist darkness too bad.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-16 20:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the heads up. I remember trying those for the Undead trial for Annihilator, and they kind of sucked for that. Ended up slowly grinding wolfs in Bostoneau Obillique.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-16 21:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Josiahfk said: »
Chimerawizard said: »
I'm finishing my Tupsimati this week, just need 3k Alex and 20 assaults (yes, I'm holding onto 27k Alex on me and a mule). Basically just waiting on the bonanza to be announced, in case I get a tier 1 or 2. Anyone have a recommendation for where to grind through my WS kills?
I suggest /sam & liberal use of embrava to improve kill speed. Best done during the abyssea campaigns where 100 pearl & azure are given on entry to abyssea. build TP while bringing the target low enough to kill. usually should happen by the time you even can ws. atmas: multi attack, darkness(mab) & 3rd varies on trial (except undead. MAB all the way on that one) either MAB or some store TP or more multi attack depending on how much health is taken off on each WS. for me it usually varied between 80~90%. undead w/o brew was <50%. Lizards: I think I did bugards in a-konshtat. There is probably a better camp than that. Vermin: a-vunk @spider+ladybug camp. Undead: a-attohwa @skeleton+dog camp. [Big pull > brew > kill spam. consider changing sub to /rdm or /geo, rdm if ws kills the opponent, geo if you need a cataclysm once before spamming kills] Birds: a-misareau collibri camp & the normal birds at the bottom of the hill. Aquans: a-misareau again. crabs.
Thanks for the advice. I completed the weapon late last night and started the trials this afternoon. I'll update this post as i complete them. So far, I'm doing: Lizard 200 WS used: Shadow Lizards in Abyssea-Konstat. Before leveling them up, a single WS will kill them, using Cosmos, Sundering Slash, and Sea Daughter (for the Dark Potency + 70tp regain. I'm getting about 2 WS per minute. after 2-3 cycles of the camp, they leveled up and the WS was doing about 85% damage. I was able to then TP and Let the regain get me to 1000+ before the mob died, to get off a second WS per mob.
are you using anrin obi + voidstorm? hmmm

Nope. I was just messing around with it for the first trial as I got ready for work, since I needed the WS only and not WS kill.
I was steadily getting 5147 with this set and Atma of the Cosmos:
ItemSet 336461
Augments are:
Hagondes Hat+1: MAB+15
Helios Gloves: MAB+/M.Acc+20
Hagondes Legs: MAB+22
Helios Boots: MAB/M.Acc +17

Obvious improvements to the set are
Pixie Hairpin +1 (none on AH)
Leviathan Ring +1 (in process of crafting)
MND+ Ammo
New quested MAB earring to replace Crematio (not sure if it would win, but I'll test it once I get it)
And slowly get prefect augments on the Skirmish Gear.
Twilight Cape/Sea Obi when Voidstorm is up.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-16 21:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
you mean shiva ring +1 senor?

Omniscience has a 80% MND modifier, so Leviathan Ring +1 may pull ahead, slightly. But I may not bother with it if the increase is minimal.

9 MND - Leviathan Ring +1
vs
3 MAB - Shiva Ring +1
vs
4 MAB/2 M.Acc - Strendu Ring
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 99 100 101