A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 99 100 101
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2015-01-19 10:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Your INT total sounds low so more INT will show a greater return at your current point - it'll depend on what target you're using too as I'm sure you're aware (dINT) but to give you an idea in my current nuke set I'm using +165INT +207MAB outside of weapon, which is (estimated?) dINT50 on Tojil
There's a DPS spreadsheet Dmg Calculator - Magic Sch.xlsx you can use to test if you're not already using it

Results I get quickly say your Lehb would still win for T5 aero fire blizzard and thunder spells and some other spells that SCH can't cast naturally
By Nazrious 2015-01-19 11:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
9 secs recast is plenty to keep mega boss stun locked aside harmless magics like diaga, and you can reach that by capping the recast time without apajamas, so its more harmfull than benefit apajamas over any ilv staff due to lack of macc.

Mind posting up a current set, Would Marin staff+1 suffice?
By Pantafernando 2015-01-19 11:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
9 secs recast is plenty to keep mega boss stun locked aside harmless magics like diaga, and you can reach that by capping the recast time without apajamas, so its more harmfull than benefit apajamas over any ilv staff due to lack of macc.

Mind posting up a current set, Would Marin staff+1 suffice?

Main page sets are still good for stunning.

Chimerawizard has more sets in his profile page.

Staffs can be any ilv tbh. I would prefer a lahbrailg with more macc, but current kill speed even make more macc aside ilv more than enough.

Fast cast from marin is no necessary, but marin is enough for stunning also.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberif
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberif 2015-01-19 12:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The stun sets are in need of updating on the guide. Just been to busy. Will do tonight.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-01-19 12:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Apajamas are a rellic of old times when there was no MACC skill on ilevel staffs and there was way less fastcast gear out.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2015-01-19 14:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard has more sets in his profile page.

This set was the most M.acc I could think to throw anywhere I could while maintaining 24+2(ionis) gear haste and enough fast cast to hit 9s recast.
ItemSet 332148

This set was just cap gear haste w/ ionis, max dark arts boosts, then fast cast for days. It got the recast to like 6.8s in maths.
ItemSet 332147

With alacrity up. I did as much fast cast as I could with this set while keeping the alacrity feet equipped. I have no idea how low that brings recast. probably lower than possible to put alacrity back up.
ItemSet 332149

EDIT: Hadn't decided what to put for the target recast for the Alacrity up m.acc set. Decided to just put the m.acc stuff everywhere +cap haste. It math'd to <4s recast. which should be plenty for anything really. {m.acc+ on hagondes hands}

ItemSet 332150
This and the other m.acc set should guarantee resist free stuns quite far into incursion. Especially if near an focus bubble.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-01-21 10:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda new to SCH so I'm a bit confused. When I have Haste II/Marches, I can sub out Cotehardie for Artsieq Jubbah and still have a 8s/3s recast on Stun(timers says 8 but I'm presuming it's actually 9 since that's 80% redux). Why do people use Cotehardies?

My stun set with alacrity down:

Apamajas II/Mephitis/Impatiens
Academic+1/Orunmila/Enchntr+1/Loquacious
Artsieq/Gendwitha/Prolix/Lebeche
Ogapepo+1/Witful/Artsieq/Academic+1

Alacrity Up

Apamajas II/Mephitis/Incantor Stone
Nahtirah/Orunmila/Enchntr+1/Loquacious
Artsieq/Gendwitha/Prolix/Lebeche
Swith+1/Witful/Artsieq/Pedagogy

With these sets and as long as I'm getting Marches/Haste, I'm at capped recast, and Artsieq Jubbah provides 30m.acc. I use these sets for the first 4-5 min of stunning, then I swap out Apamajas for my Lehbrailg+2 with +28m.acc augment and I almost never get resists on 130, since we have Attunment/Vex, and Bard keeps up Lightning Threnody, RDM tries to keep up Frazzle.

ALSO

Can anyone provide an updated Myrkr set? I want to try to use gear I already have on me for most slots, but fill in 3-4 slots with high MP pieces(i'm @73/80 slots, so I have room for a few dedicated Myrkr MP pieces but not sure which pieces provide the best bang for my buck for inventory space.
By fractalvoid 2015-01-21 11:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
Why do people use Cotehardies?
i'm @73/80 slots
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-01-21 11:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Confused by what you mean by that? Everyone is espousing Vanir/Hedera Coterhardie as best stun bodies, but if I can cap stun recast and have higher m.acc with Artsieq Jubbah, then is Cotehardie worth striving for?
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2015-01-21 11:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Vanir provides more because of the INT (49vs54)
If you can cap recast with ilvl staff, there's little point using apa

Myrkr
Odin.Llewelyn said: »

edit: also, Wardrobe! 160 inventory for your glorious SCH!
[+]
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-01-21 11:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I use wardrobe right now for universal gear like obis/PDT and MDT gear,idle pieces like all jobs regen/refresh/warp ring,ele belts/gorgets/etc.

Doesn't Apa surpass the cap, I was under the assumption the recast was like 11 seconds without apa but apa let you get down to 9, or can you reach 9 without apa?

Your set looks good, just would say Pixie Hairpin+1 is probably a better choice, and would have it anyway for Noctohelix/Kaustra
By Pantafernando 2015-01-21 11:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I use wardrobe right now for universal gear like obis/PDT and MDT gear,idle pieces like all jobs regen/refresh/warp ring,ele belts/gorgets/etc.

Doesn't Apa surpass the cap, I was under the assumption the recast was like 11 seconds without apa but apa let you get down to 9, or can you reach 9 without apa?

Your set looks good, just would say Pixie Hairpin+1 is probably a better choice, and would have it anyway for Noctohelix/Kaustra

You can reach the 9 secs recast without apajamas or alacrity. You can do it with just capped haste gear and magic, plus some amount of fast cast gear.
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-01-21 11:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah okay, so now I feel like I wasted my time spending 2-3 days of grinding for stun staff -_-
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-21 14:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I have MP+60 augment on the hat so it's 15 MP more than Pixie +1, but yeah, Pixie+1 is a nice piece if you want to save inventory.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-21 15:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah okay, so now I feel like I wasted my time spending 2-3 days of grinding for stun staff -_-
I still use mine for GEO stunning in Delve1 to get from 10s to 9s. Resists aren't an issue in there.
By Rainari 2015-01-21 16:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This may have already been answered, But has anyone done the math and can tell me at which point Lehbrailg +2 will overtake Marin Staff, and/or Keraunos with its augmentations?
By Chimerawizard 2015-01-21 16:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I still use mine for GEO stunning in Delve1 to get from 10s to 9s. Resists aren't an issue in there.
Speaking of 9s recast on GEO, not about stunning in delve1.

On GEO with a max Fast Cast augment on hagondes hands, max unity bonus for feet, and ionis (2 haste & 3 fast cast). It's just barely possible to hit 9s stun recast without apamajas II.
ItemSet 329003
possible swaps, lehbrailg+2 (aug: Fast Cast 3~5).
Vivid Strap(+1) both Fast Cast +1.

Guess I need to pick up another pair of hands and go through the augment wheel some more. Yet another reason why I need to finish adoulin missions. -_-
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-21 16:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't choose Weatherspooon so it's pajamas for me. ;; Good to know, though.

Also *** Hagondes augments. I'm so done with those.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-01-23 04:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Stun :09 recast w/ capped m.haste
ItemSet 332393
*Low macc 16% QC
- w/ ionis 25% g.haste
- Hasty Pinion+1 outside SoA
ItemSet 332394
*High macc 8% QC
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-23 06:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Rainari said: »
This may have already been answered, But has anyone done the math and can tell me at which point Lehbrailg +2 will overtake Marin Staff, and/or Keraunos with its augmentations?

Depends on total MAB vs target's MDB, dINT, and damage of the spell and any mdmg you may have. Marin for me wins on virtually every spell in Adoulin content and i have bucketloads of MAB and like an MAB+28 lehbrailg+2. Try it out for yourself and see, for me I found it surpassing lehbrailg on tier-5 and helix.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-01-23 08:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Rainari said: »

Depends on total MAB vs target's MDB, dINT, and damage of the spell and any mdmg you may have. Marin for me wins on virtually every spell in Adoulin content and i have bucketloads of MAB and like an MAB+28 lehbrailg+2. Try it out for yourself and see, for me I found it surpassing lehbrailg on tier-5 and helix.
Marin should be getting better results from any Adoulin mob (probably any Abyssean mob too, but I've not looked into that.).
Helping with dINT is the main reason why, cause Marin is just bleeding INT.
Where Marin "fails" (and I use that term VERY loosely) is on lower level content where all that extra INT is wasted.
That all being said... The Wind affinity should make it always better (than anything we have now) for any wind spell. (In a similar vein, Nqqbbbn or w/e the Kamir delve staff is called, should too perform in a similar "BiS" for ice nukes.)
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-23 09:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

With marin, wind nukes coming out ahead of thunder nukes, if nuking neutral mobs and you want to use the best damage:mp ratio.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberif 2015-02-08 22:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

fufufufffuuuu at last :>
[+]
By mortontony1 2015-02-08 23:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Stun :09 recast w/ capped m.haste
ItemSet 332393
*Low macc 16% QC
- w/ ionis 25% g.haste
- Hasty Pinion+1 outside SoA
ItemSet 332394
*High macc 8% QC

Working on my stun set atm, down to ~9 secs with only alacrity (no haste/marches), should I be aiming for 9 secs without alacrity but with buffs? Seems strategems would dry up pretty quickly.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberif 2015-02-08 23:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

9sec without alacrity
3sec with alacrity
stack as much MACC after you achieve this
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-02-09 00:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Taberif said: »
9sec without alacrity
3sec with alacrity
stack as much MACC after you achieve this
The amount of MACC you need varies by target. If you don't need maxed out MACC don't bother when
QC = Alacrity.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberif 2015-02-09 20:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

why are you prioritizing QC over M.ACC?

if you need QC procs for recast your strat probably should get some kind of 2nd stunner
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-02-09 23:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need macc until a point where resistance is built up. Stacking macc when you don't need it is when you use QC instead. Why would you max out macc when you don't need it? Which is why I posted high and low macc stun sets. I left out a max macc set on purpose pointing out a more useful purpose for...

Apajamas + Cotehardie vs Vanir
Why do people use Cotehardies? I wasted my time.... for stun staff -_-

Siren.Akson said: »
The amount of MACC you need varies by target. If you don't need maxed out MACC don't bother when
QC = Alacrity.
Maybe I wasn't clear?

Quetzalcoatl.Taberif said: »
If you need QC procs for recast your strat probably should get some kind of 2nd stunner
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-02-10 02:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Flaminglegion said: »

Myrkr

Take a look at Weatherspoon +1 gear if you really wanna go for perfect Myrkr. The body can be augmented by +120 MP alone. Pants go with +60 which might possibly beat out Nares.

Chimerawizard said: »
Speaking of 9s recast on GEO, not about stunning in delve1.

On GEO with a max Fast Cast augment on hagondes hands, max unity bonus for feet, and ionis (2 haste & 3 fast cast). It's just barely possible to hit 9s stun recast without apamajas II.
ItemSet 329003
possible swaps, lehbrailg+2 (aug: Fast Cast 3~5).
Vivid Strap(+1) both Fast Cast +1.

Guess I need to pick up another pair of hands and go through the augment wheel some more. Yet another reason why I need to finish adoulin missions. -_-

Geo can also abuse Otomi as FastCast hands with +2 Haste and +3 FastCast if you aren't using them for other things.

Also I think the maximum recast with Alacrity and Rellic feet is 4.5 seconds aka 90% of 45 second base timer. Unless I am not aware of other items breaking the cap.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 99 100 101