Forum » FFXI » General » [dev1053] Meeble Burrows
[dev1053] Meeble Burrows
First Page 2 3 4 5
By pchan 2012-11-01 01:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
Oh, I was being 100% sarcastic.

and pchan.

you aren't *** terrord to the point that you can't use an item before it tps again

or stun
or ws
or do anything

please

please

stop

It's ok smart ***, the NM has ben killed 15 times by the whole guildworks population which is less than me. He stuns or knocks you back on every melee attack, he petrifies, stuns on WS lol.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-11-01 01:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this.

Killed him with absolutely no issues 4 of those 15 times lol
By pchan 2012-11-01 02:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't seem to have a clue on the fight so I doubt it ^^
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-11-01 02:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

one attack is stun.
one tp move is terror. which he can only use if he has tp. DUH
petrify is a tp move and you have time to start stona while he readies it and not be petrified for more than 1 second. once again, reliant on tp feed. If you are pet for more than 5 seconds with 2 dd (giving time to recast on both,) then get a new mage or learn to 2box better or fix your cure bot.

you aren't stun-locked the whole fight.
you can rely on a front-line job to stun Beastruction reliably, especially if you have two front-line jobs with access to magic/ja/ws stuns.
you can manage to get a panacea off if you haven't kept up erases for HP down

if you die because hp down, your mages are slow and so are you, and you should feel bad.

seriously, you point out all of these moves and over-exaggerate the ***out of them. idgi
By pchan 2012-11-01 04:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, one attack is also knock back, you can stun from a melee/BLM only if you pull back and I'm not sure what this has to do with using a panacea. Come to me when you have actually trioed it. A single SCH cannot keep 2 melees erased and at max HP so yeah. Enjoy your stack of panacea and let the grown ups discuss.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-11-01 09:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Avitori 2012-11-01 10:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not bring BG drama into into FFXIAH, thanks.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-11-01 10:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't surf BG at all unless someone tells me that I was a topic and I am fully aware that pchan is a massive *** tool with nothing of value to say.

I would go so far as to say that good advice is to do the exact opposite of whatever they suggest.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-11-01 10:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK,RNG,SCH is an easy kill, but you only get TH3.

We now go MNK,THF,SCH,WHM(mule)

He's a simple mob, Chanclan just likes to make him sound hard. And not being able to proc !! with 2 melee is just LOL.
[+]
 Asura.Jem
Server: Asura
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2012-11-01 11:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Seconding what Taint said. He's not remotely difficult. We went in as DRK WAR SCH with no boons when there was little info known about him and had no issues at all. We'll probably revisit him, with some form of TH, now we've Goal 3'ed everything.

If you can get to him, you can kill him, as he isn't even the most difficult Meebles boss.
By pchan 2012-11-01 12:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
MNK,RNG,SCH is an easy kill, but you only get TH3.

We now go MNK,THF,SCH,WHM(mule)

He's a simple mob, Chanclan just likes to make him sound hard. And not being able to proc !! with 2 melee is just LOL.
I don't remember saying it's hard, I said you won't kill it reliably as 3. Proof is you go with 4, stop giving lessons lulz. Just some advice for the noobs of this site, don't ever kill it with less than 6 if it's your first kill or you'll regret it.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-11-01 12:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't you guys know? Pchan knows, everyone else is a noob. Been proven since 2009.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-11-01 12:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-29 12:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

11-29-2012 05:22 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Accumulation of Moblin Pheromone Sacks

Hello!

Quetzalcoatl.Yae (JP Player) said: »
About the sacks - please let the NPC continue to accumulate the fifth sack even if you forget to retrieve your grimoire. I really want you to fix this. I think it's wrong that the NPC doesn't recover the sack if you forget it, and I was disappointed when I realized that I couldn't recover the maximum five sacks.

The challenge of Meeble Burrows is created with the idea that one expedition begins when you trade your grimoire to the NPC, and then you retrieve your grimoire after you cmoplete the expedition. Therefore, since the expedition is not complete until you retrieve your grimoire, you cannot receive the next pheromone sack until that time.

If you happen to leave the expedition immediately, such as a sudden disconnection upon entry, the Moblin pheromone sack information is updated at that time to prevent it from going to waste.

I hope this is not too much trouble, but please note that you should recover the grimoire when you exit a Meeble Burrows expedition.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-14 16:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

12-14-2012 02:14 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Meeble Burrows Update!

Greetings burrowers!

As part of the newly introduced wizened worms, we are making a whole slew of items so that we can change the item line-up in the future. We’d like to provide more elements of excitement such as this and even introduce limited time items.

We are also working hard on the new expeditions that everyone has been waiting for (what the development team is calling “the second installment”), so that we can implement them soon.

Additionally, there was a request from a player asking if it would be possible to write names on grimoires so that it would make it easier to tell them apart.

Well, we tested it out!

We created a grimoire with a name on it for our test, and it is definitely possible to add names, though it would take some work to make the interface where you can enter in the text. However…

When we actually tried to use the grimoire with the name on it those good ol’ meebles down in the burrows straight up rejected it. Well okay, I’m lying they didn’t do that, but when we traded to have it recorded the memo was gone when we got it back. This is something that we would need to change system-wise in order to address this. Unfortunately the cost to change this system is quite large, so we will be doing our best to make this aspect of Meeble Burrows more convenient through the NPC that was just recently added to Upper Jeuno.
Subscribe
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-19 11:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

still lazy, still not going to format:

Quote:
Matsui responses regarding Meeble Burrows:

2) It's intended that the number of research marks per person now goes up instead of down with more people, and will continue to follow that trend in future expeditions.

3) Worms are a bonus and not the primary reward and are supposed to be random. No plans to associate the worms bonus with performance (and they are not currently associated with performance).

4) No plans to have future Meeble Burrows content take place in open field areas as that would kind of go against the whole "burrows" idea. There'll be open field stuff in SoA.

5) It's intended that goal 3s on expeditions are relatively easy with 6 people. There were originally plans for some sort of "hard mode," however, and it's something they might still consider.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-12-19 11:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I like 2). Makes it so you should always have a nice 6-man static for higher researcher pts. I'm glad they confirmed 3) cause I had a hunch it was completely random and not performance base.

Why can't ppl ask real questions, like will you ever add in a KI that will reduce the sack-re-stone down to a few hrs instead of freakin 18?
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-19 11:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure people do ask real questions, but SE just picks the questions that they feel are appropriate to answer.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-19 11:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They already stated in the past they plan on adding sack restock time KIs, though they can always go back on that if they wanted to.

I'm sure the idea behind encouraging larger groups is to reduce congestion as much as possible, so people arn't clogging up the areas with a bunch of 3-man groups.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-21 13:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

12-19-2012 8:40 AM
[source]
Akihiko Matsui
Dev Team

Hello, Matsui here.

Thank you for all of your posts.

I have spoken with the lead developers for Meeble Burrows and received some comments I would like to share with you.

With the most recent version update, users now receive more research marks based on having more users as part of their group. I believe that presenting larger groups with bonuses and increased item counts and records is a good adjustment, but increasing research marks is going too far. I think that research marks are essentially being given out for free.

By increasing the amount of research marks being given to larger groups, our goal is to encourage users to cooperate with others. The following are comments from a couple of users that capture the ideas we had envisioned for this content:

ILet’s gather 6 players regardless of job, come up with a plan and have some fun!

I usually go with a group of 4, but since we would get more points if we had 6, I want to find 2 more players.

There are more detailed explanations behind this adjustment, but the above two comments capture our reasoning well. We feel that this content has a good flow to it now, so we will be leaving it as is for the time being.

Since I usually play in a group of 3, I didn’t get a strong sense that we are getting a lot more research marks after the recent version update. However, I did get very excited looking at the trading list for wizened worms. I understand that this is simply a bonus element, but I would really like to see Powder Boots on that list. More than that, I would be extremely happy to see Dervish Sword on that list. (In actuality, I only got fish bones both times. lol)

This leads me to my question: are the probabilities for this content the same for all users? For example, as a WHM I earned 21 worms, but a WAR was able to earn 43 worms and 6 morions in the same program. Will the WAR have a better chance because of the higher number of worms, or will the probabilities be the same? Maybe I shouldn’t focus so much on bonus content, but I would really like to know.

The probabilities are all random.

We did think about rewarding users based on their results, but we decided to make the probabilities all the same so that users can enjoy this content without worrying about which job they are playing with.

As you said, this is bonus content after all.

This may be a bit off topic, but I would like to know if the areas for the additional programs will also be Everbloom Hollow, Ruhotz Silvermines, and Ghoyu’s Reverie. I feel that users would get bored if the same areas are used all the time. Even though Abyssea was also a “copy and paste” map, it had a sense of freedom, because it was a field. The Meeble areas are all caves, so they feel very closed.

Since the name of the content is Meeble Burrows (a burrow is a hole or tunnel dug by a small animal) it would feel strange if the map was open and free.

To answer your question, we will most likely use the new areas added in the Seekers of Adoulin. We will put some thought into this, though.

I feel like objective 3 should be more difficult, but do many people disagree?

Our goal was to set the difficulty of objective 3 so that a party of six players would be able to complete it regardless of their jobs, as long as they use all of the support enhancements.

There was talk of a hard mode at the time of development, so we would like to look into this idea as well as related items when the time is right.
Subscribe
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-12-21 13:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it is relatively minor, but they definitely did good by making individuals receive more marks per run with larger groups. As we know, it has generally been a stark trend in this game to be constructed in such a way that low-manning is exceedingly more profitable, so it is nice to see a little positive incentive for going to the trouble of inviting more people -- regardless of how generally unsubstantial the boost may be.
[+]