Forum » FFXI » General » [dev1053] Meeble Burrows
[dev1053] Meeble Burrows
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Tot 2012-07-14 04:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

this is ffxi, people do not play to have fun people only play that which gives good rewards. they call the fun stuff "a waste of time" ... makes me laugh
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2012-07-16 15:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
MMM did not suck. Liquidation team had good loot for the day and had challenging battles that weren't just zerg ***down under Alexander.

In addition to the Liquidation team fights (most notable for Koggelmander as one of the best BLU swords of the time, and Ermine's Tail was a pretty solid dagger), for a while there MMM was also the best exp you could get for pre meripo levels. Just needed a few decent runes and you could build a very nice exp maze. Get a party of 5-6, each member take the group in once, and have a really good 3 hour exp session. I got a lot of mid-level exp with friends this way and had a really fun time doing it.

It actually got very popular with the JP players for a while, but for some reason never caught on with the NA/EU audience despite being really effective. However, the popularity was also sort of the event's downfall, since the "instanced" content (only so many copies of the zone available meant only a limited number of parties could use the zone at one time) was implemented badly. Led to spamming the NPC in the gobbie shop to fight to even get in the zone. But once you were in, the exp was far better than normal parties outside of the big exp ToAU merit camps.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-07-16 15:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It was used alot on Asura by NA groups for a while, but then people started using one guys maze for some reason that was missing a key rune or 2 which brought exp down and people were saying SE had gimped it or just it always sucked. In truth they were too lazy to check the runes :/
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-02 20:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

08-02-2012 08:16 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Hey there!

If the digging goes smoothly, we should be able to implement the first two "Meeble Burrow" dungeon routes in this week's test server update!

On the test server, the waiting period for key items to be issued will be shortened and you can enter solo for easy access.

We would like to gather your feedback on "Meeble Burrows" so install that test server and come check it out!
Subscribe
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-02 20:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We so excited.
By Quiznor 2012-08-02 20:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I thought this was pushed back for SoA,huzzah
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-03 08:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

08-03-2012 05:12 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1053] Meeble Burrows

*The following content is in development. Specific details may differ from the release version.

Meeble Burrows is all-new dungeon content in which intrepid players sneak into underground caves and participate in various research expeditions, delving ever farther until they best the dreadful beasts in the far recesses of the caverns.

* The Wings of the Goddess expansion is required to venture into Meeble Burrows.

Eligibility

• Parties must be comprised of between three and six players.

• There is no level restriction.

• There is a time limit of fifteen minutes.

Preparing for your trek

• Speak to the Burrow Investigator located in Upper Jeuno (I-8) to receive a grimoire and a sack of Moblin pheromones key item.

• Grimoire

• A grimoire is needed to select a research expedition to tackle in Meeble Burrows.
      • Your deeds of valor—as well as any special bonuses conferred upon you—will be inscribed on the grimoire's dusty parchment.
      • Your grimoire may be used multiple times, but when you embark upon courses to battle the most lurid of fiends, you will have to turn it in, rendering it unusable.
      • Grimoires may be purchased from the Burrow Investigator or Burrow Researcher for either gil or research marks, a special type of currency acquired in Meeble Burrows.

• Sack of Moblin pheromones

• Preliminary research suggests that the Meebles have exceptionally poor vision, so all an explorer needs to do is fool their olfactory senses. This is where sacks of moblin pheromones come in!
      • Sacks of Moblin pheromones are consumed when entering Meeble Burrows.
      • Each party member must possess this item to enter.
      • Players may only have one sack in their inventory, but the Burrow Investigator/Burrow Researcher will hold up to four for you, making for a total stock of five.
      • One sack of Moblin pheromones will be added to your stock every twenty hours (Earth time).

Commencing a Research Expedition

• Trade your grimoire to the Burrow Researcher NPC in Sauromugue Champaign (J-7) and have the party leader select the desired research expedition.

* Party members trading their own grimoires to the Burrow Researcher will update their respective grimoires with the course information.

• Speaking to Vrednev, a Meeble located outside the burrows, will commence the course and enable you to enter.

• Achieving Goals

• Exploring Meeble Burrows is not about wiping out everything in sight. Instead, each expedition contains a series of three goals to achieve.
      • Clearing an expedition involves achieving at least one of the pre-established goals.
      • Of course, more goals completed means better rewards, so don't slack off just because you've gone partway!

* The Speleological Handbook located within the burrows provides spelunkers with a wealth of information, including the research tasks at hand and boons given by grimoires.

Completing an expedition

• The dangers of the Meeble Burrows are many, so explorers setting foot in the burrows will receive a Hiatus Whistle, a temporary item that whisks them to the entrance with one sharp call.

• After completing an expedition, players will receive a Terminus Whistle: a temporary item that teleports the party to the entrance.

• After escaping via the Terminus Whistle, talk to the Burrow Researcher once more. He will confirm that you have completed the assigned tasks, record the details thereof in his little black journal, and return your grimoire to you.

The Burrow Researcher has multiple courses to offer able adventurers, and completion of one course may open up other, more taxing expeditions. In addition, successfully completing goals will add a variety of boons to the player's grimoire.

Rewards

• Inquests into the burrows allow for more than just insight into Meeble society. They also accrue a special currency known as “research marks.”

• These research marks represent the goodwill one has earned with the Meeble Burrows Research Team, and can be exchanged to purchase items or grimoires from the Burrow Investigator and Burrow Researcher.

* Item rewards are not displayed at this time.

Test Server Specifications

• Courses may be attempted by as few as one person.

• Sacks of Moblin pheromones will stock up at the rate of one per minute.

• A special test NPC has been added to Sauromugue Champaign (J-7). This NPC provides the following services:

• Full ability restoration
    • Adding or removing all boons from your grimoire.

Subscribe

Test Server Update (08/03/2012)
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-08-03 09:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This all sounds unnecessarily complicated, which is why MMM wasn't any fun for me, either.

Just let me enter the dungeon and participate. No Silly Pokemon-style photos/etc. (ZNMs/Pankration) or a ton of maze bits clogging my inventory/etc. (MMM).

I just don't have the patience (or inventory space) anymore.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tormant
Server: Fenrir
user: Tormant
By Fenrir.Tormant 2012-08-03 19:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i actually think this could be good, all assuming 1 criteria is met, a criteria that SE has been known to totally drop the ball on.

1. Are the rewards/gear/item's good enough to motivate people to say "Hey, who is up for some meebles?" in a linkshell....
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2012-08-03 19:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
This all sounds unnecessarily complicated, which is why MMM wasn't any fun for me, either.

Just let me enter the dungeon and participate. No Silly Pokemon-style photos/etc. (ZNMs/Pankration) or a ton of maze bits clogging my inventory/etc. (MMM).

THIS!

*** the silly name and hoops.

This is a far cry from what I imagine a "New Dungeon Crawl System" to be.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2012-08-03 19:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What sounds so complicated here? You have a book to select and record progress, and a ki replenished once a day to enter just like assault tags.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2012-08-03 20:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kunisama said: »
What sounds so complicated here? You have a book to select and record progress, and a ki replenished once a day to enter just like assault tags.

You're right. After reading it again, and getting rid of all the story bull ***, it's not as complicated as I thought.

Yet, I believe I'm not alone in my disappointment.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-08-03 20:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That's cool Lye, less people interested, less people lagging the *** out of the entrance of content I'll take with 0 complaints
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2012-08-03 20:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
That's cool Lye, less people interested, less people lagging the *** out of the entrance of content I'll take with 0 complaints

Teamwork makes the dream work.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-08-03 20:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

LS full of teamwork
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-03 20:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

As some one who enjoyed MMM, I'm looking forward to this. Initial reports on BG seem to say the bosses seem to be pretty easy though.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-08-03 20:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
LS full of teamwork
I'm not sure we were on the same page.

I was pointing out how awesome it is that people who don't care actually HELP people who do.

You seem to think I was skeptical of your ability to get people to care?

Or maybe you were trying to plug your LS?

Sorry for the confusion.

Go get em tiger!~
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-08-03 20:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-08-03 21:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't care about anything until I see the rewards. It does sound fun though.
[+]
 Sylph.Mirvana
Server: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-08-04 01:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

15mins seems REALLY short for a "Once every 20 earth hours" event. Either there's some TE system or it's a per chamber time limit.Heck it may even end up like traverser stones with KIs to cut the recharge.

Can't say I'm "excited" for this, but it does at least have my curiousity. Might give it a spin on test server.
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-08-04 01:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
you don't play video games for fun? :(
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-08-04 01:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said: »

We play MMO for reward, and getting reward=fun ;( ;( ;(
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-08-04 02:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Maze tatters didn't clog inventory, only the mazes themselves so at most they took 3 inventory spots for the important ones.
 Sylph.Mirvana
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-08-04 02:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Still 3 spots more than it should have.
By Tiipapa08 2012-08-04 03:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested out adjunct #5 and assistant #5 with a PT of 5, failed against assistant #5 NM due to a lack of DD and NM has a crap ton of HP, beat the lady bug though, got 2k merit points and research marks. At the moment doesn't seem like the items you can obtain with research marks have been added. Only thing we saw were pots.
[+]
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-08-04 15:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait to embrava zerg yet another event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-08-04 16:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Sylph.Kiaru said: »

We play MMO for reward, and getting reward=fun ;( ;( ;(

Pretty much. I have console games I'll play if I want to just chill out and have fun. In FFXI the rewards are the entertainment, which is why I don't waste my time with things like legion. No offense to those who do legion; it's just not worth doing for the jobs I use. I do dynamis for the currency reward, not because dynamis itself is fun. I do nyzul for the gear, not because I enjoy lamps. The list goes on.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2012-08-04 16:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This sound like a assault V.2 to me. I loved assault, it was quick,fun, and trio'able with friends. I'm liking the sound of this event a lot. I never minded the assault tag system, being able to build up points for gear at your own pace with ls/friends was always a great system. Maybe I'm in the minority but this event sound great.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-13 16:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

08-13-2012 03:26 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Good evening!

Seems you guys have already found out about the mysterious meebles' requirements for a successful expedition. I just wanted to confirm that your completed goals are indeed registered upon exiting the burrow using the temporary item currently named "." with the whistle icon.

Goals completed will be flagged within the dungeon but they will not count unless you exit using the temporary item. Should you exit the burrow utilizing any other method than this temporary item (i.e. run out of time, warp, teleport, etc.), it will not count as a successful expedition and this result is intended.
Subscribe