user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-23 21:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

08-23-2012 06:57 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Good evening!

We'd like to give you a heads up on the upcoming Meeble Burrow content that will be implemented in this week's Test Server update!

• 3 additional expeditions will be introduced and you will be eligible to select from a total of 5.

• We will be adding various adjustments such as displaying the expedition objectives on the course selection menu.

Balance adjustments are still being made for bosses, but the expedition aspect has just about been all setup and players can experience the actual strategy involved.
Subscribe
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-19 19:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

10-16-2012 05:00 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Greetings!

Thank you for your feedback regarding Meeble Burrow entry restrictions. We have some new details about adjustments planned for the future of this content.
First off, our highest priority at the moment is to eliminate the bugs that have been occurring in Meeble Burrows. After, we will be focusing on the following:

• Moblin pheromone sack stock when starting out
    We would like to make changes so that when beginning Meeble Burrows, you receive 5 Moblin pheromone sacks.
    This is not only for players who will begin Meeble Burrows down the line, we are looking into methods for addressing players who are already doing this content as well.

• Increase to the maximum stock of Moblin pheromone sacks
    While we are not planning to remove the cap completely, when new expeditions and areas are added we are planning to increase the cap on Moblin pheromone sacks.

• Shortening of re-issuance time
    In the future we are planning to make it so the time when Moblin pheromone sacks are issued can be shortened by certain requirements, such as consuming points or other means.

Also, since the concept of Meeble Burrows was to create content that could be enjoyed and progression can take place in short spurts of time, our focus is not on making adjustments so that clearing the content can be rushed, instead we will be focused on overall improvements so that even those that have not completed this content can benefit.

Not too much time has passed since this content was implemented, but we are closely monitoring the play trends for all players and plan on making adjustments moving forward so that this content is fun and easy to play. If you have any other feedback, we would be happy to hear it!
Subscribe

Quote:
Oct. 17, 2012 03:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 17)

At the following time, a version update was performed on FINAL FANTASY XI.

[Date & Time]
Oct. 17, 2012 at 2:30 (PDT)

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XI

[Update Details]
The following changes have been made to Meeble Burrows:

Additional measures have been implemented for the issue wherein a player may be ejected from the underground cave immediately after the start of a research expedition.
* We will continue to monitor the situation to ensure that similar issues do not occur.

*Please note there will be no change to the game content with this update.

Quote:
Oct. 19, 2012 00:50 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 19)

At the following time, a version update was performed on FINAL FANTASY XI.

[Date & Time]
Oct. 19, 2012 at 0:45 (PDT)

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XI

[Update Details]
The following changes have been made to Meeble Burrows:

- When a player receives the “Diligence Grimoire” for the first time from NPC ‘Burrow Investigator’ in Upper Jeuno (I-8), they will also receive a stock of 5 key item “Moblin pheromone sack.”

- If a player has previously received the “Diligence Grimoire,” they can speak to the ‘Burrow Investigator’ or NPC ‘Burrow Researcher’ in Sauromugue Champaign (J-7) to be reimbursed with a stock of 5 “Moblin pheromone sack,” if neither of the NPCs are holding a single sack for the player already and the player does not have a sack in their possession.
* The stock of 5 “Moblin pheromone sack” is reimbursed once only.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-25 13:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

10-25-2012 07:46 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

(very long embedded quote with a bunch of decent suggestions about improving Meeble Burrows)

Thank you for your detailed feedback!

In addition to the ideas we've discussed over the past few days, there are also several projects being considered with respect to Meeble Burrows. Although we are reviewing all of the feedback we are receiving (and will continue to do so), we are waiting a bit on confirmation from the person in charge of the project before we respond. (Sorry, many projects have been taking place recently...)

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-29 09:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

10-29-2012 07:57 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Upcoming Meeble Burrows Adjustments

Translation. This post was a direct response to a rather eloquent JP post which was basically a summary of a lot of previous posts in the Meeble Burrows thread divided into five general points with backing reasons for each suggested change. They previously responded to this post promising more detail, and they followed through with the detail, see below. I didn't directly translate the quotes from the player who made the original post, just paraphrased.

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback based on your experience in Meeble Burrows. I will answer your comments directly based on our examination of the content.

(First Suggestion: Increase the number of pheromones past 5, various good reasons were presented)

The next time that we add new expeditions, we plan to increase the maximum number of storable pheromone sacks to 10. It is planned that we will increase the available stock with the introduction of new content. Additionally, by using Research Marks, we want to be able to increase the stock to a maximum of about 15.

(Second Suggestion: Eliminate entry restrictions on expeditions #1-#4 in each rank to allow easier gathering of support effects and/or repeating to clear higher goals)

In order to make things much easier to gather a party for the content, there are plans to make adjustments in this area. One plan is for ranks on which goal 3 has been achieved, you can proceed from that expedition for subsequent repeats. This will not apply to boss battles, of course, but we are thinking of loosening the restrictions on access to those as well. Please let us know if you have any suggestions.

(Third Suggestion: Allow for recovery of grimoire in case of a failed boss expedition. Obvious reasons.)

Since the mechanism of progress recording is also tied to the support effects, if we did this, it would be possible for one person with a lot of status boons (read: mule) to leave in the middle of a boss expedition and endlessly give all of their status boons to the other players. Without modifying this mechanism, we are considering adjusting this in other ways.

As it stands, though, you can decrease your risk of failure by gathering more and/or higher level status boons before you face a powerful boss.

(Fourth Suggestion: Allow for certain daily/weekly bonuses. Example given was to have one particular expedition give a bonus of some sort during a particular day to encourage repeating previous expeditions).

We will consider this. It might be good to tie something like raising the status boon higher when clearing an expedition, since not everyone will do expeditions each day.

(Fifth Suggestion: More diverse content. Person thinks there are too many that involve killing, and not enough of the other kinds.)

We'll work as hard as possible to increase the variety!

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-29 18:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the official post:

10-29-2012 06:23 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Evenin' meeble explorers,

Just to let you know, we are planning to increase the maximum stock of Moblin pheromone sacks to 10 when we add the next expedition. On top of that, there won’t be any special requirements; it will just increase when we implement the expedition. Also, we would like to make the maximum stock increase to 15 by using points.

We are planning to make other adjustments as well so that parties can easily be formed without getting caught up on requirements. As one possible idea, we are looking into making it so if you fulfill all three objectives for an expedition, you won’t have to start with expedition one afterwards and can participate immediately. However, when it comes to defeating the boss, we will be looking at other ways to ease this so that it cannot just be repeated over and over again.

Finally, the development team will be doing their best to expand the variations of expedition objectives to make it even more enjoyable!
Subscribe
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-10-30 06:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the sound of 15 sacks, would enable you to get a good chunk done in one sitting... however...

If they still only allow sacks to be replenished once every 20hrs then what is the point in raising the cap. You would wait until you got 5 then use em.... seems kinda pointless to me in that sense.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-10-30 07:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
I like the sound of 15 sacks, would enable you to get a good chunk done in one sitting... however...

If they still only allow sacks to be replenished once every 20hrs then what is the point in raising the cap. You would wait until you got 5 then use em.... seems kinda pointless to me in that sense.

The point is that your static doesn't have to meet as often. One of the main issues in this game has always been "how and when is it most convenient for X/Y/Z people to be online."
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-10-30 08:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Its such a quick event for the most part. Lots of clears take less then 5 minutes, the 20 hr wait is very excessive.

My SP has cleared every run to rank3 and cleared the final boss numerous times with 3players+ a mule. Gathering 3-4 people once a week is very different then gathering 18 for Legion,Odin2 etc.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-10-30 22:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall them mentioning adding items eventually to lower the restock time, so there's that, too. Though with all the "countdown" events in the game it's impossible to do them all now.
 Sylph.Jkun
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2012-10-30 22:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I do like the idea of increasing stock to 15 via Research Marks. My friend and I plus his mule completed the 3rd boss last week and our points are just going to waste.

We don't always meet up on the same day each week, so having more than 5 stones at a time means that whenever we can meet up, we can get a lot more done. Before each boss we usually get Max HP+ and Max Att+% Boons, so there's 6 runs reserved already, any extras are more than welcome.

Very excited for the update!
By pchan 2012-10-31 15:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
I recall them mentioning adding items eventually to lower the restock time, so there's that, too. Though with all the "countdown" events in the game it's impossible to do them all now.

They didn't say anything remotely close to this.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-10-31 15:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi pchan.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-10-31 17:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
Leviathan.Kincard said: »

They didn't say anything remotely close to this.

Actually, yes they did.

Quote:
Shortening of re-issuance time
In the future we are planning to make it so the time when Moblin pheromone sacks are issued can be shortened by certain requirements, such as consuming points or other means.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-10-31 18:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

He burned you dude
[+]
 Odin.Registry
Server: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-10-31 18:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

All it needs is a gtfo_pchan.gif
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-31 18:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

internet needs a universal "ban pchan" button
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-31 18:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't mind pchan, he's just upset that BG tempbanned him.

Again.

For a year.
[+]
By krish 2012-10-31 18:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
My SP has cleared every run to rank3 and cleared the final boss numerous times with 3players+ a mule.

How doable do you think it is for 2 players + 1 mule? I've been wanting to give it try with a friend but haven't had time yet (stupid RL). How much bonus farming do you do before going after a boss or the final boss?
By pchan 2012-10-31 18:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Trio is dangerous and you likely lose TH7 so I won't suggest it. Otherwise you'll need a good SCH and 2 non fail DD, you know what they are.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-10-31 19:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

like MNK/BLM
but i heard that it's hard to proc down the shield with 2 dd but not with 6 people because even if you disengage, you don't lose hate or something
By pchan 2012-10-31 19:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes you'll need to stop doing damage on the second monk all together (like don't dd for 30 sec + or it will still turn) when shield is up - however me and mdk ended meleeing it down with shield up because it's too annoying. The only time I've done it trio was MNK/BLM, SCH, MNK but I also failed once because when he does bonebreaking damage it puts you at 700 hps with 2 to 4 things to erase before getting cured, and if you die the second monk has to finish it with shield up which is unlikely.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-10-31 19:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Panaceas are cool
By pchan 2012-10-31 19:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It sounds good but half of his tp moves stun you
By Jetackuu 2012-10-31 19:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Don't mind pchan, he's just upset that BG tempbanned him.

Again.

For a year.

thought he was perma here... guess not.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-10-31 20:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Registry said: »
All it needs is a gtfo_pchan.gif

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9793/shutthefuckuppimpchan.gif
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-10-31 20:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG THF SCH would work fine assuming relic. No idea why you would attempt a trio with 2 MNKs and no THF...
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-10-31 20:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Putochan sound better. :P
 Sylph.Jkun
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2012-10-31 21:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

krish said: »
How doable do you think it is for 2 players + 1 mule? I've been wanting to give it try with a friend but haven't had time yet (stupid RL). How much bonus farming do you do before going after a boss or the final boss?

Sorry for butting in, but me and my friend go with a similar setup to what you want to try (2 players + mule) We go as Apoc DRK, BLU and WHM mule.

We only went for clears though, not really focusing on TH/drops. Could easily bring along a THF specifically for that, and more damage if you wish, but 2 DD + WHM is enough!

Since each player is self-sufficient at healing, along with a WHM for buffs/extra cures, you can clear up to goal 3 of most runs quite easily, especially on certain missions like alternate killing, kill all, etc.

Some general tips from experience when you do get around to playing with your friend;

• If a member is DRK, consider using Twilight Scythe on runs with slimes or mainly IT++ mobs, they have a pretty insane amount HP and if Death manages to proc, can save you a ton of time.

• Farm at least 3x Max HP and 3x Max Attack boons before a boss at the very least. Some MDB and DEF bonus also helps if you have the time/stones.

• Farming Movement Speed+ before the Rank 2 boss allows you to outrun his unique draw-in/gear strip move easily, or just use Movement Speed+ gear!

• /NIN, Stun, and Addle helps immensely for the Rank 3 boss, a lot of his more moves can be stopped by a single shadow. Save stuns for comet/meteor.

I can't speak for attempting the final boss, but we are going to try to get that far in the future.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-10-31 23:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I was being 100% sarcastic.

and pchan.

you aren't *** terrord to the point that you can't use an item before it tps again

or stun
or ws
or do anything

please

please

stop