The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 156 157 158
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-11-16 09:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Has it been confirmed that the reforged AF head and feet increase base QD damage by 10 a piece? (I may not have worded that right).

Would the BCNM20 grip that gives 10 magic dmg+ be better than elders grip? Or is magic damage + one of those misleading stats when compared to direct magic attack +?

I ask because I've been following the trend of using a delve weapon for the +magic skill and have not really seen a noticeable difference between Chat+Elders grip. Outside of inventory -1. Basically just looking to see if some of the new items are decent upgrades
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2013-11-16 09:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you mean 10%? or perhaps 10 base Damage (before MAB,staff)? I'm curious to know this too as far as prioritizing upgrades.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-11-16 10:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic damage+ is just what it says, it adds x amount of damage, so that grip is..eh..

As for the AF+1 I haven't heard anything yet about it, did anyone make any tests? I haven't been playing much at all so I don't have that stuff yet.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-11-16 10:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know yet:

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Quick_Draw

I was looking at the equipment modifications section and there are 2 ?'s with speculated effects for the two items in question.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-11-17 17:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Recycle rate test on Laksmana's Frac:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/27823/laksamana-frac

I got this yesterday and couldnt find any data on the recycle rate so I went and did some testing fulltiming snapshot gear and coursers roll to get a high number of samples quickly.

320 shots fired used 164 bullets
Cor base recycle rate is supposed to be 30%, so this would put the Frac at +20% recycle which is a pretty nice boost to saving ammo.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-11-18 18:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
After you use Wild Card pop CC..not much to say, if you're lucky you spare some minutes, but outside of WK it's probably hard to make a real use out of it(what event are you doing that you spend more than 1 hour? <.<)

It's sort of a "that's nice" bonus but not really a game changer.

One practical use:
You do a Delve boss run and everyone used their 1hr on the boss. You plan to do another Delve run right afterwards. Pop CC and if you get a high enough number you can reduce recast enough that the party's 1hrs will be back by the time you hit the boss on run #2 (especially if you have a few minutes between runs to reform parties or replace a few people).

Another little convenience:
You used Wild Card for whatever reason, then the event ends or party breaks. Might as well CC after you used WC just to reduce your recast, because you never know when you might see some interesting shout in the next hour and want your 1hr ready to go.
By Keymon 2013-11-18 19:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Would the BCNM20 grip that gives 10 magic dmg+ be better than elders grip? Or is magic damage + one of those misleading stats when compared to direct magic attack +?

its a straight Magic DMG +10 to your quick draw dmg.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-11-18 19:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Keymon said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

its a straight Magic DMG +10 to your quick draw dmg.

Which is calculated before any day/weather, and MAB. So of your naked QD using Surefire and Adliviun does 620 DMG, it would be 630 with this grip.
By Keymon 2013-11-19 19:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lak. Bottes increases QD dmg by +12 dmg....
pretty crappy

Donder +adlivun 796
w/ Bottes 808
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-11-20 02:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone says +5

which would fit perfectly with your numbers if you forgot to mention that you subbed rdm or blm..did you?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-11-20 03:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Also with only +5 bonus it's worth noting that in a straight dmg set for QD relic boots are still better. I also just calculated the grip which is indeed better than Elder for QD and, if I didn't place the +10 in the wrong place, better for WF as well.
By Keymon 2013-11-20 07:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Someone says +5

which would fit perfectly with your numbers if you forgot to mention that you subbed rdm or blm..did you?

Yeah sorry about that. I had blm sub on i believe to quickly warp back :P
By Keymon 2013-11-20 16:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lak. Bottes might actually be 1% or 1.5% QD dmg increase.

796->808
642->652
563->571

the percent increase is probably added before gear dmg thing or something

id say the boots arent really worth getting.
Comm. Bottes +2 still better for pure dmg on QD
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-11-20 16:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Or its +5 and you had /blm
second one fits +5
third one isn't an even number, so the mob had natural mdb, so +5 fits.
By Keymon 2013-11-20 17:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

second set of numbers:::went as COR/WAR

(COR/WAR)third numbers were on twitherym outside of addy.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-11-20 17:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Recycle Rate test on Surcouf's Jambiya

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20627/surcoufs-jambiya

Snapshot only gear and no other recycle equipment, used /dnc and put the dagger offhanded
(I wanted to know if it worked offhanded or had to be in mainhand, you never know about SE)

488 shots fired, 251 bullets used.
This puts the dagger at +20% recycle which is pretty amazing considering the new update also gave us a +20% recycle body, thats alot of COR love in one update.
So if you want to maximize recycle % , we can get 85% recycle with this set:

+30% Base Recycle
+20% Laksmana's Frac
+20% Surcouf's Jambiya
+10% Manibozho Gloves
+5% Libeccio Mantle

Downsides of the Jambiya are the obvious lack of str, agi, or mab. I'd probably use this mostly offhanded when /dnc and meleeing, or in sustained shooting situations using delve ammo.

I havent tested the QD card saving % on the dagger yet, ill get around to that in a bit since that will take alot more time to get a large sample size.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-11-20 17:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Keymon said: »
second set of numbers:::went as COR/WAR

(COR/WAR)third numbers were on twitherym outside of addy.
That would be 14 MDB, which is third tier trait number, so it still fits.

(100/114)*652=571
By Keymon 2013-11-20 18:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

:( so i guess it is +5 DMG to QD lol. /toss
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-11-21 04:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't toss, they're getting upgraded further in the near future(or so they said).
By Prettyshambolic 2013-11-21 09:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Seha, great guide you've produced here, kudos.

Not managed to get my hands on a Gunslingers cape yet so I bought a Toro Cape for it's +10 MAB. Is this now a better option than the Forban Cape or does the AGI give Forban the edge? (Totally new to this job and have just tried to stack MAB, never gave AGI much thought...)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-11-21 10:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Toro definetely better, not enough agi on Forban to outclass it.

And thanks..
 Bahamut.Havelock
Server: Bahamut
user: Havelock
By Bahamut.Havelock 2013-12-04 08:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
The “Occasionally deals double to triple damage” aftermath effect of Gastraphetes is not applied to weapon skills. The stats of mythic and empyrean weapons have been balanced on the basis that this effect is not applied to weapon skills.

On a side note, the development team understands that the stats for “True Flight” are somewhat lacking, and they are currently looking into large scale adjustments for all elemental weapon skills. This should also increase the usability of Gastraphetes and Death Penalty.

Has the damage value for Gastraphetes and Death Penalty been swapped?
I apologize, but due to a bug the damage value for Death Penalty is much higher than what we had intended. This will be corrected in the December version update.
By fractalvoid 2013-12-04 09:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised it took them a month to address that...
Thought it was intentional. :<
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-12-04 09:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

fractalvoid said: »
I'm surprised it took them a month to address that...
Thought it was intentional. :<

Riftborn boulder more expensive than Beitetsu :<
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-04 10:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright guys, who was the *** that told them to nerf DP? Come out! *loads gun*
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-12-04 11:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

SE said 'how dare a corsair try to fill a DD and Buff support slot at once!'

300tp Leaden salutes to kickoff AM3 still only do 1500-2k, it would be nice to see the elemental ws not be complete garbage in a future update.
As it stands you have to stack Tripleshot on top of DP AM3 to makeup for the terrible leaden salute damage (300tp that alternatively could have been 3x Last Stands at 100tp a piece).

I'm bracing for the post-adjustment patch (guessing ~93 base damage).

It'll still be the best QD gun, but 480 delay is an awkward delay to build an x-hit for tp shooting especially if you want to be /sch alot and leverage the weapon's strength of QD+ have self storms+reraise because wildkeeper spam is the most active thing going on in XI now, not delve boss runs.

Its going to irk me that the Last Stand numbers arent going to be as high even if someone argues I can have a better ws frequency build than other guns.

I still love my hand cannon, and if I can find a bazillion gils i'd probably be insane enough to afterglow it.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-08 18:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So, turns out the QD dmg+ is added after the multiplication, and not before, like other magic dmg+ gear(makes sense..). Bottes and hat are actually +10 damage as of ilvl 109. Hopefully they go higher at 119.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-12-08 18:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

depends how you look at it. its 5 if you add it to gun and bullet damage before multiplying, or 10 if you add it afterwards.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-12-08 18:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd really like to see the Lak. Bottes get some storeTp on them, it would give people a good reason to make them since we have no real storeTp option for that slot and it would give them solid situational use.

As it stands Navarch+2 feet are still my go-to QD piece, and Iutil is still a strong catch-all ws/shooting feet slot option.
I can't wait to see the AF119 body and legs, however the hat/hands/feet still need some love from SE to be staple items imo.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-08 18:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
depends how you look at it. its 5 if you add it to gun and bullet damage before multiplying, or 10 if you add it afterwards.
Jp book said +10 and since it works if you add it after..well, seems believable. Do these books ever lie? I trust books.
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 156 157 158