Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-12-08 19:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
depends how you look at it. its 5 if you add it to gun and bullet damage before multiplying, or 10 if you add it afterwards.
Jp book said +10 and since it works if you add it after..well, seems believable. Do these books ever lie? I trust books.
[gun+bullet+5]*2 is the same as [gun+bullet]*2+10
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-12-09 14:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As it stands, the more likely scenario which we have the most viable evidence for is that (gun + bullet) * 2 + x, where x = amount of base damage added from gear, is correct. if the damage on the boots is upgraded further at 119, to 15 or something, it'll be easier to see unless someone really wants to argue that it's 7.5 or something.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-12-09 14:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

In fairness, we are talking about SE who make game mechanics equations the same way a drunk outside a food cart makes street art, so the argument about 7.5 would be less insane than if it was suggested of a developer that values simplicity.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-12-09 14:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, there isn't much precedence for decimals being used in calculations outside of ratio and pDIF; almost every number is truncated before being used. This be one of the first exceptions, if the case ever arises and a way of proving one way from another aside from believing what SE gives to Japanese Magazines is accurate. Both of them equal out to the same amount of damage, but I just find it strange/irritating that they'd give us the number post-multiplication, because SE usually doesn't think that far ahead.

Think of it this way, assume there's someone who does not know the Quick Draw formula and wants to see how much damage they're getting from Quick Draw enhancement gear. Which would be more simple to determine?

(gun + bullet + x) * 2, where the x is multiplied by 2

or

(gun + bullet) * 2 + x, where the x is simply added on to the base damage after multiplication.

They go out and do an MAB neutral quick draw. They get, say, 500 damage. They then put on their boots. Without knowing that everything is multiplied by 2, but being told that the boots give 5 base damage, they expect to get 505 on the next Quick Draw. Instead, they get 510. They'd more simply draw the conclusion that the boots add 10, rather than 5 which is later multiplied by 2.

tl;dr pointless conjecture to explain something that doesn't even matter at the moment since both of them end up giving 10 anyway, just SE's way of saying that the boots give 10 is ambiguous
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-12-11 01:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Been playing with spreadsheet for new Gears:

Eminent Scimitar: Best req sword for mainhand. I'm not sure how to activate latent effect, but when latent effect is activated this sword+ Aphotic R15 path A has higher DPS(and more skill) than STR Aphotic x2, but lower LS dmg and overall lower dmg due to weaker WS unless FSTR2 and rattk capped. Aphotic x2 is probably better on weak against piercing mob too.

Eminent Gun: Better than R15 surefire when latent activated, not sure how.

Bismuth bullet: New bullet when racc isn't an issue.

Reforge armor+1:
Head: Last stand leaden salute, I think WF too?

body: WS and /ra TP

Hands: Melee, depending on what augment you have on Iuitl(Iuitl stil has PDT-)

Leg: QD and WF still.

feet: WS and melee, depending on what augment you have on Iuitl.

Wayfarer set: Refresh set for /WHM? Robe has pretty high MP too.

Patricius ring: For turtle mode

Crematio: Novio bye bye?

Blooddrain strap: Lol x-hit :D

G. Spriggan Club: CHR+999, makes Galka as cute as tarus.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-11 04:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Man this was huge to update, I hope I didn't forget anything(I probably did)
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-11 05:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Eminent Scimitar: Best req sword for mainhand. I'm not sure how to activate latent effect

Active when TP is below 100.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
Server: Leviathan
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2013-12-15 06:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Eminent Scimitar: Best req sword for mainhand. I'm not sure how to activate latent effect

Active when TP is below 100.
i was told below 100 tp and on ws
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-15 06:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They're like Perdu weapons, so yes, WS also.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-15 15:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a bit out of the loop with food, what are you guys using?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-12-15 15:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a bit out of the loop with food, what are you guys using?

Sushi if doing delve, less pain in the *** to deal with acc gear set/buffs. I think I've used RCB in morimar once, can't say I like it.

It's also a very buff dependent question, best way is to parse with your group.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-15 15:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So there's nothing new, k.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-12-15 15:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So there's nothing new, k.

Sushi since lv 75 :(
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-15 15:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fin soup worth it at all?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-12-15 15:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

90 accuracy+ranged accuracy and 80 attack+ranged attack
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-12-15 16:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I use:
-Sushi for SKC very difficult/AA battles/Delve
-Rcb for ADL / SKC difficult / anything safely melee-able with dnc sub
-For shooting WKR hurkan+bee , chaos+hunters rolls +curry if I have someone to curebomb me. Even then its an invitation to die.

I'd really like to try a magma steak with /war on the new divine might, but i'm guessing i'd come up short on acc and need to eat +1 sushi instead.
By Afania 2013-12-27 04:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What'd you guys sub for AA/DM battles for normal~VD? I heard more attack doesn't help much with dmg, is that true? If it's true maybe shoot with /RNG for acc bonus better than /WAR?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-27 07:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been subbing RNG for Accuracy Bonus (and Scavenge!). With Hunter's, Sushi and double Preludes the Mithra is still incredibly evasive whenever Sharpshot is down.

For reference, this is the set I'm using:

ItemSet 317494

For Mithra I tend to not even bother shooting unless Soul Voice Preludes are up. :/ Hume feels like a waste of bullets as well if at least Sharpshot isn't up.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-12-27 11:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Can use Trailer's Kukri or archer's knife for acc if you don't feel like saving bullets :p
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-27 11:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I was using that before but I think I prefer the Recycle. I wouldn't shoot unless under the conditions I stated, anyway. Accuracy sucked either way. :/

That and I don't do Delve anymore so I don't have endless Plasm to keep buying bullets.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-12-27 12:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I also tend to use surcouf's because plasm is limited, I exclusively shoot delve bullets, and I don't do delve stuff anymore.

Yes MR is super evasive so ask for bard buffs unless they're ok with you just whiffing and occasionally tickling her with bullets.
Also gun sweetspot distance wise is close enough to put you in her aoe so that's out of the question since you won't have shadows for her radial aoe if you are doing /rng or /mage.

Alternatively Cor/nin can work for tp build and white damage since our melee +acc and weapon options are still really good and you'll have shadows to mitigate damage.
The /nin option avoids needing any special bard attention and you'll leverage the bard melee songs like marches and haste, have low utsu recast time to the point of being able to just do utsu-ichi and only Ni for emergency/hate on you, full buffed melee will tp faster than shooting as well.

ItemSet 317517
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-27 12:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My group still uses RNG strategy so I always have Preludes. Ranged Accuracy is still ***on the Mithra unless Soul Voice is up. I've been wanting to try Utsusemi tanking but they believe in "don't fix what's not broken".

I thought about COR/NIN already, but didn't wanna bug the BRD too much since they're dual-boxing one of the RNGs. I'll have them suck it up for 1 fight and see how it does.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-27 13:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if your group strategy is with rangers, then stick to ranged as well.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-12-28 05:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
I also tend to use surcouf's because plasm is limited, I exclusively shoot delve bullets, and I don't do delve stuff anymore.

Yes MR is super evasive so ask for bard buffs unless they're ok with you just whiffing and occasionally tickling her with bullets.
Also gun sweetspot distance wise is close enough to put you in her aoe so that's out of the question since you won't have shadows for her radial aoe if you are doing /rng or /mage.

Alternatively Cor/nin can work for tp build and white damage since our melee +acc and weapon options are still really good and you'll have shadows to mitigate damage.
The /nin option avoids needing any special bard attention and you'll leverage the bard melee songs like marches and haste, have low utsu recast time to the point of being able to just do utsu-ichi and only Ni for emergency/hate on you, full buffed melee will tp faster than shooting as well.

ItemSet 317517

I thought about COR/NIN already, but melee route has several disadvantages:

1. It has lower acc than /ra. I don't have 4 song BRD, going melee means march march mad. Going /ra I can get prelude x2 and min.

2. /RNG gives innate acc bonus job trait, /NIN doesn't.

3. I have 119 arma, that's 20 AGI+ and 242 skill weapon. My highest melee acc weapon is eminent mainhand which is 215 skill for a B- + 15 acc. My offhand selection is even worse. Shooting has higher acc weapon of choice.

4. You can get tons of racc with /ra set, just ring is +16 x2. New AF also has a ton without needing to sacrifice multi-hit/DT-.

5. I may need DT- hybrid if meleeing, that's even less acc than /ra.

6. More ppl for WHM to cure.

Did spreadsheet earlier, seems that in acc uncapped situations, /NIN and TP in PDT- hybrid isn't much higher DPS than /ra getting optimal buffs from BRD. If you count the risk of death and time spent on casting shadows it's probably about the same :X

Seems that the only advantage /NIN has is to save bullets :X
By Treizekordero 2014-01-02 06:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

About Laksmana's Frac:
I see it was tested to have +20% for Recycle but what about the +1 version?

Laksmana's Frac +1 lists Recycle as Recycle+15. So wouldn't it be safe to say that Recyle might be +15% on both Laksmana's Frac/Laksmana's Frac +1?

Any testing done for Gunslinger's cage?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2014-01-02 09:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The magazine that released info on the 109 AF has it listed as 15% recycle.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-01-05 03:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been subbing RNG for Accuracy Bonus (and Scavenge!). With Hunter's, Sushi and double Preludes the Mithra is still incredibly evasive whenever Sharpshot is down.

For reference, this is the set I'm using:

ItemSet 317494

For Mithra I tend to not even bother shooting unless Soul Voice Preludes are up. :/ Hume feels like a waste of bullets as well if at least Sharpshot isn't up.

Parsed AA VD galka earlier and did some math about racc, I'm around 47 racc below ideal racc set(don't have Ej/JSE cap/119 AF head and feet) and parsed 68% hit rate with none relic songs.

With ideal racc set
ItemSet 317992

(P.S: Iuitl hands with racc augment is good alternative)

/RNG, SV prelude from start and pop, good number hunter and use JA whenever it's up, it's possible to hit 85%~90% or even higher in this fight I think.

Also if not subbing NIN nor WHM, it's better to have capped PDT- for rolls if going to give PLD different rolls in AA VD. D:

Now need to find someone that can make me an Ej necklace D:
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-05 10:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Our BRD started using Marcato for Archer's Prelude so I tend to have a bit better racc now. Also, you can roll for the PLD with Luzaf's Ring and stay out of any AoEs on all AAs.

I wish I had Marksmanship merits and 5/5 Last Stand now. :x COR isn't anywhere near my main job, though.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-01-05 10:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Our BRD started using Marcato for Archer's Prelude so I tend to have a bit better racc now. Also, you can roll for the PLD with Luzaf's Ring and stay out of any AoEs on all AAs.

I wish I had Marksmanship merits and 5/5 Last Stand now. :x COR isn't anywhere near my main job, though.

What roll do you use on RNG, btw?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-05 10:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaos and Hunter's for RNG (tried Snapshot over Chaos once but we stuck with Chaos) and Hunter's/Tactician's for PLD. PLD has 119 Burtgang and uses Atonement so those rolls would probably help his damage the most.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 156 157 158